Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, it's nice to see everyone working together and keeping the spirit energy high.

The Christmas themes got some laughs out of me especially at seeing Maki in a santa outfit. I thought the Christmas theme performance they put up on stage was nicely done. It takes a team to make it happen so it's really nice to see effort paying off.
Aug 16, 2017 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
That was Brutal:(
Aug 16, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 2016
Looks like Maki found a new direction in life.
Aug 16, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
Excellent episode as always!
Aug 16, 2017 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
That's kind of a dick head way to reject people. Everyone who got called were super excited and them "BAM" Get out. Thats a load.

Really good episode overall though. Very Heart Warming at points.

I guess the next Arc will focus on Erika? At least it seemed the next episode definitely will.

I really liked the Snowball fight. "She got the Queen!" "Medic..." lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 16, 2017 10:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode gave me the most feels so far....Absolutely excellent and such a great heartwarming episode
Aug 16, 2017 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
The latest episodes are really really good, maybe it's because I've become attached to every character?
also it's nice to see that they succeed to do something despite failing a lot before
Aug 16, 2017 11:02 AM

Jun 2015
Maki didn't get the part, but she feels better because at least she tried. It was still heartbreaking for her though. No one came for lunch, but the girls came up with a very good idea for the school. The play was great. Now the school won't be demolished and it will be a base for spreading Manoyama culture.
Aug 16, 2017 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
That ending scene made me tear up a bit.. the dad is always there for her. Pretty good episode.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 16, 2017 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
When Maki was called out, I was happy and then suddenly there was a rejection. Wtf.

The play was excellent and amusing. Quite heartwarming, defiantly felt the emotions. It would be great if Maki starts an acting troupe and making a play about the Dragon song would be fun to watch. "The Royal Chupakabura Acting Troupe" would be weird name to have.

Maki's father paying for the repairs of the drums is a nice gesture. What a great guy.

I would ship Shiori with Sandal-san. I think they would make a good pair, in my opinion. :D

Aug 16, 2017 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
Rorek said:
That was Brutal:(

It was subtly foreshadowed, the girl who had recommended her for the audition was Number 6, if you were watching carefully. The moment 6 was not called (they jumped from 5 to 8), you knew this wasn't ending well for one of them. Another fantastic episode, the series is really going strong into its conclusion.
Aug 16, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. We started off with a couple of failures but ended on a high note.

I have to admit the end scene with Maki's dad brought up some feels.
Aug 16, 2017 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Maki getting rejected for the acting role in the beginning was pretty brutal. :(

I love how the girls thought of holding a closing ceremony for the school to be demolished and turned into such a successful event.

Was really nice watching the play, even though it was kinda cheesy it was still pretty heartwarming.

Loved Yoshino's speech at the end about turning the school into a culture base for Manoyama.
Maki's found what she wants to do, make her own acting troupe. :)
Aug 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Jan 2015
Aarghh, that "Please step forward so you can get left behind" action plus everyone is pretty much in a bad mood. Thankfully the Queen can handle it so it doesn't last until last minute.
And that Blood-soaked Santa play is very entertaining.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 16, 2017 12:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a great ending for Mako's arc. They really nailed the sincerity at the last scenes in the school.

Mako's idea about integrating the Dragon's Song into a play is nice --> possibly the Riri arc ending?
Aug 16, 2017 12:50 PM

Feb 2016
Do people really do that "Please step forward so we can tell them they didn't get through" because that is just a dick move. Thankfully that has never happened to me because i cant imagine what that feels like.

Ended on a good note though.
Aug 16, 2017 1:14 PM
Jun 2016
I love this anime, it's hard to believe I was disapointed it wasn't a isekai or that she wasn't really queen of a small country or something, but it's so charming, sad that were down to the last 5 episodes hehe :>

The growth of this town and the characters over the last 20 episodes has been great.
Aug 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
Absolutely beautfiful.
6/5 episode.

Also lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
Atleast they didn't laugh at them when they said they should go :'(
Maki gets new life in her and helps with the santa play at the closing graduation ceremony.
Aug 16, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2014
Things got off to a bad start for Maki. She gave it her all in the audition, but she didn't get the part. What annoyed me was the way the director called the numbers up and then told them that they failed. A rather savage and harsh way to reject the actors if you ask me.

The feels did hit me when Maki couldn't help but shed a tear of sadness on the train back to Manoyama. D=

Thankfully, Yoshino, Maki and the others all rallied up and produced the highlight of the episode, which was the "Blood-soaked Santa" play. It was really well done and amusing and Yoshino's speech at the end to keep the building open for the residents to use was a stellar idea. Nicely done ladies! =D

Only five episodes left now. I don't want this show to end just yet! D=
Aug 16, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
Leo_10 said:
I would ship Shiori with Sandal-san. I think they would make a good pair, in my opinion. :D

Yup, seconded, I noticed this too and it has been going on for quite a few episodes now.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 16, 2017 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
I ended up with a double feels wammy today. I watched the latest episode of New Game that ends with Aoba in tears, and follow it with the this episode of Sakura Quest that starts with Maki in tears!

This was a very nice Maki-focused episode. It was great to see her in her element as the director and star of the Bloodstained Santa play. Yoshino's idea about using the old middle school as a community center was brilliant. I hate seeing old buildings being torn down when they're still functional.
Aug 16, 2017 3:24 PM

May 2015
Absolutely nailed it this episode. Maki may didn't have passed the audition, but I'd say she found a new ambition through all of the "failures" and hardships of the entertainment industry. Honestly, a great conclusion to all of that in this episode. You've done well, Maki.

Next to that, a lot of great and heartwarming moments as well. Loved it to say the least.

Aug 16, 2017 4:31 PM
Oct 2015
really happy for maki to have had her chance to shine. The play was wonderful and yoshino's idea to reuse the school is great too. honestly i kind of wanted her to fail the audition deep down because I didn't want her to leave the crew. great episode.

what a doting daddy :)

Its ridiculous how underrated this show is and from the looks of it the mizuchi festival is gonna be the last arc.
Aug 16, 2017 4:34 PM
May 2017
SoraSenpai said:
That's kind of a dick head way to reject people. Everyone who got called were super excited and them "BAM" Get out. Thats a load.

I guess the next Arc will focus on Erika? At least it seemed the next episode definitely will.

You better believe it because that happens in real life as well!
I applied for thre administration for the state capital where I live (western Germany) and that's how they rejected us.
to top it off we first went as a group to another room where they then told us that the evaluation process was over for us! xD
I think I was the only one who already knew it without them saying it...
(Rest assured it all worked out for me in the end and I'm starting my new job at a private company next month)

And I agree Erika will get a little spotlight in the finale, them showing how she blushes as soon as Kosuke is even near her is not for nothing. I sense some heartbreaking, judging from the trailer :(

btw I've said this before but:
Maki, best girl/butt!!
Aug 16, 2017 5:48 PM

Dec 2016
Troll moment at the start, you thought those called forward made it but nope, they failed.

Maki was great in that play, I enjoyed it, it was pretty funny.

And her dad at the end there, great moment.

Looking forward to watching this next episode.

Aug 16, 2017 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
Strangely emotional. Can't hold my tears. What an episode. What an anime.
Aug 16, 2017 8:12 PM

Jun 2015
SoraSenpai said:

Seriously, who the fuck does that? Massive dick move. You don't call people forward to reject them >.<

Snowball fight was great. Honestly so was the play, actually made me laugh a few times. Fuck the whole episode was great, heavy and emotional, but great! Maki's arc here was definitely my favourite and I think her struggle is probably the most relatable one in the show. Life doesn't give a shit about you and your dreams, but you gotta keep pushing forward to find a way to grasp them, even if it isn't how you originally imagined it.

redtailrav said:
I ended up with a double feels wammy today. I watched the latest episode of New Game that ends with Aoba in tears, and follow it with the this episode of Sakura Quest that starts with Maki in tears!

This was a very nice Maki-focused episode. It was great to see her in her element as the director and star of the Bloodstained Santa play. Yoshino's idea about using the old middle school as a community center was brilliant. I hate seeing old buildings being torn down when they're still functional.

Same here bro. New Game!! had a really unexpected moving episode there. I've been used to it delivering CGDCT hijinks and wasn't expected those feels. Then Maki crying just crushed me. Poor girls :(

As soon as they were all gloomy in the cafe and Sandal-san mentioned needed a studio, friggin' knew that is what they were gonna use the school for. It's kind of cool how they managed to set up so many intertwining elements here for the last bit of the show. The school leading into a new art centre, with Maki's acting tied into the closing, which further ties into the festival at the end, which Riri's singing ties into. It's just a magical mesh of delicately interwoven struggles that have formed into something truly beautiful.

P.A. Works really managing another fantastic SoL working show here that brings it all together in the end. I still can't quite say this is as good as Shirobako, but I'll be damned if I haven't been enjoying the hell out of it lately.
Aug 16, 2017 10:46 PM

Jun 2015
The show must go on!!! :) Excellent episode!

Aug 16, 2017 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
Shit, I don't ever wanna see Maki cry again. Even though it was brief it was still super sad.

That was a nice play and I wouldn't mind watching a full version of it. Looks like the girls are making bigger strides in improving the city. I'm excited to see what they do next.

The ending was unexpected which is a good thing. "Santa" came through in the end. It was uber sweet to see Maki's dad have pictures of her recent performance to end the episode.

Aug 17, 2017 3:21 AM

Dec 2013
This was a wonderful episode.
Felt like they were cementing the fact that Maki was coming to terms with her talent and abilities, and moving on with her desire to act big time.

I guess that's a sad reality that not everyone is equally gifted, but nor should one give up on their talents just because they couldn't reach their ultimate dream. There's always going to be a middle ground, and just like Maki, it all depends on mindset and the things you do to incorporate your talent to the things you do (like your job, etc.).

Love the message that this show tries to bring out.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 17, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
Not bad. Not bad episode at all. In fact, not I feel Maki has a goal she can work hard for with a smile on her face.

Turning the old school building which was going to be demolished otherwise into a public place to show off Manoyama's culture was a clever idea. I really like how girls takes various aspects of the town into account and make best of out the ideas.
Aug 17, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
Wonderful episode, heartbreaking to see Maki crying even though it was short. The play was hilarious and well thought out. Great as always
Aug 17, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
Too bad for Maki. Although, it things took a better turn for her in the end. The play really was something.

The rest of the lot deserve praise as well, they came up with an excellent plan to use a soon-to-be-gone building.
Aug 17, 2017 9:32 PM

Jul 2015
Wow. That beginning bit was a pretty dickish move. Letting them come up thinking they had a part like that. But it turned out great in the end and the play was really nice, so its all good. And this was a good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 19, 2017 2:44 AM

May 2017
snowball fight was hilarious, the play was cringy like every other play in any anime

Aug 19, 2017 8:17 PM
Mar 2012
Already expected Maki to get rejected, but still go to try out as closure.
much Argh
lol dat snowfight, Queen so funny.
Play was decent.
Some fun wordplays.
Aug 20, 2017 6:08 PM

Apr 2009
Wonderful episode for a wonderful show. I say this show is a gem.

Sad news is that there're only 5 episodes left... oh no... :'(
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Aug 21, 2017 3:02 AM

May 2014
Man, with this EP I noticed how overwhelmingly underrated is this serie. I really like how they manage to combine every arc with the situation of every girl, all them are differents, with well-marked personalities and their own problems. While the serie progresses, every girl's development is well managed, without victimization, without excessive o forced drama and all with an appropriate resolution. A really good balance of comedy and drama, and a very well done characterization.

Maki is one of my favorites (but I really can't decide, I like all them), and this EP in particular showed me why. Even with that cruel rejection (what a troll that guy) she's still positive and now more decided to follow her dreams and do that she loves, also the relation with her father ended up in a stable point. School ceremony and Yoshino's idea for the building were well accepted (I like the play, specially the boke-tsukkomi and the "declining birth rates" scenes) and now continues to the festival revival, I hope they succeed in revive the village, because even they have advanced a lot, it still seems something far, and that's one of the few problems I found in the serie: they show the girl's progresses, but their goals are not reflected at all, and sometimes gives the sensation that each arc is separated from the others.

Even so, it's a really good SoL anime. Man...I just... don't get it. Only look that ridiculously low score and the few people posting here while shits like Classroom of Elites has a highly inflated score and topics full of posts. This easily can be one of the best anime in this year.
Rhapsody-Aug 22, 2017 6:22 PM
Aug 25, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2015
Poor Maki dude geez. This can be such an unforgiving show. About growing up to face your unrealistic youthful aspirations. Which is a obviously a very cold thing. I felt for her when she got rejected. Still I like how this arc gave her the focus and motivation her character needed. While also constructing a reason for her to remain until the end of the series. No easy task. Maki was very charming in the Christmas play as well. This episode could have been very dark and mopey. But like Maki it opted for a more hopeful attitude. And greatly benefited from that.
Sep 1, 2017 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
Way to go, show, way to go to ruin my mood by seeing Maki not passing the audition. Goddamnit. I'm not okaaaaay! ;-; I felt her pain when she started crying while she's on the train. Noooo. Poor baby.

Oh, Sandal, I missed you and your cute shenanigans. Him eating a cold food while it's winter. Hahaha. Love you!

This episode is so far my favorite one. Ugh. I love the play so much and just seeing Maki-chan happy while performing. Gaaaaaah! I love this show so much! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 1, 2017 9:08 AM
Apr 2015
I really wasn't feeling the middle episodes and considered dropping this, but I'm glad I didn't. But the last 2 episodes have been a return to form with some great development, great pacing and great humour (all 3 of which were down for quite a few episodes).
Sep 6, 2017 1:42 AM

Mar 2009
FMmatron said:
Absolutely beautfiful.
6/5 episode.

Also lol

This was really funny.
Sep 17, 2017 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Sad Maki got rejected, but she did a great job in the school play.
Sep 22, 2017 9:07 PM
Dec 2013
This show is really helping me get out of my depressive state and I really don't want to finish it even though the final episode was today. I hate it when things end.
Sep 23, 2017 8:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It was sad to see Maki cry on the way back home. Glad to see her happy towards the end. I really enjoyed seeing her on stage and doing her best to make the people happy. And then the ending, seems things are better with her father so it was so sweet to see that.

Santa Maki = <3
She looked so adorable in that outfit :)

Sep 23, 2017 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
This series is a pure masterpiece. I'm putting it to my top 10 right now.
I don't remember when I felt something that warm while watching something last time. Director is doing miracles here. P. A. Works has returned. I love everything about this series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 24, 2017 1:08 PM

May 2010
Maki is actually my fav.
Sep 24, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2010
Maki is actually my fav.
Oct 10, 2017 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
Maki is on spotlight in this episode, I love it!

Ofc it's Maki's papa... and he got another load of his daughter's smiles
He must be really happy xD
"Signature removed"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.