Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 4, 2017 7:11 AM

Aug 2017
I have ton to say here, but it vanish when I push the post button because connection error. -_-

TL;DR : Great episode. Brilliant board game idea. Hate the two sisters now.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 4, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2015
As always we got maybe ten minutes of interesting food for thought on video games. As Amano advocates trying smaller maybe less impressive games. Over just playing the broad appeal mega hits (I'm not crazy that was Clannad right? do they have Clannad on the PS4 over in Japan?). With lots of little references in the background. Noticed FFXV on the shelf this time. And yet another cute anime girl drawn to his frank and unflinching love of video games. I guess she's Chiaki's sister. Seems to be her younger one. Yet she views Karen who's in the same class as Chiaki as her rival? Maybe I'm missing something here.

The second half was digging itself deeper into the misunderstanding hole. I've kind of given up on the show ever righting all these wayward love stories. And I find I'm enjoying it more as a result. There was really witty stuff in the Game of Life, reflecting their own insecurities about how tenuous their relationships are. Also the girls all looked really cute in their casual outfits. Particularly Chiaki's overalls. And I've spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about Karen's tummy peeking over her skirt. So freaking adorable.
Sep 4, 2017 9:44 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It was a fun episode. Liked how they kept making Karen all rich in the board game xD
The ending, my Chiaki's reaction as expected.I wonder how she'll react now.

Sep 4, 2017 11:02 PM

Nov 2009
The realization of despair of a girl that realized her true love but it was far too late....

I am sensing some Yandere about to happen, if only this was that type of anime, lol (HORROR)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 5, 2017 4:02 PM

Sep 2014
I completely forgot that I did this...it took me a second to remember what show she was from. Then I remembered WHAT she did......lol

Sep 6, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2013
The delusions ........XD Ironic how Uehara is seen as player while the stealth player Keita builds his harem...

So why does Chiaki falls for him when she hears his online name? Chiaki and Keita are comrades/nemesis and Mono and Tsucchie are online friends, how did she jumps to love?
Sep 7, 2017 10:35 PM

Aug 2010
Sorry guys but tendou's and amano's relationship sucks lmao

They finally dropped the MOAB there im hopping to see hell once more
Sep 9, 2017 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
Is there actually anyone who DOESN'T root for Hoshinomori after this episode? I mean the way it turned out in the end was just perfect! The ending twist was long time deserved!

And I actually loved this episode. All the references, cameos, introduction of her sister (another love interest I guess, can't wait to see more of her and also her interaction with Tendou), the wedding and jinsei game were just brilliant. And the way they resolved their misunderstandings was just great!

And the ending card was just lovely!

Can I guess who Nobe, creator of the game, is now? :D
Sep 13, 2017 9:25 AM
Feb 2009
that was the best
i laughed so hard
Sep 13, 2017 1:24 PM
Jun 2014
Who gives a fuck about Chiaki? She doesn't like Amano as a person, why would some wishy washy feelings from some game make any difference? Those feelings are pure fantasy. She doesn't like Amano and that's that. At least it should be that. I'm not sure i care too much about blondie either, she seems waaay too possessive.
Sep 14, 2017 5:16 PM
Jul 2015
-Stray said:

Loved how Uehara outright shouted how the game was so precise with whats happening between them.

Uehara cracks me up every single episode especially in this one.
Sep 14, 2017 5:19 PM
Jul 2015
G_Spark233 said:

This face had me in tears.
YES!!! Best character in the series hands down LOL
Sep 16, 2017 12:11 AM

Mar 2015
OH FUCK! I'm actually also started to root for Chiaki. DAMN! FUCK THIS SHIT! ARGH!

IT WAS ALREADY TOO LATE, CHIAKI! YOU LOST T_T

Also that imaginative Aguri x Amano is cool with me since I kind of shipped them in the beginning, but now I'm on Chiaki's ship now that it was resolved.

And wait, Imouto best girl or what?

Sep 17, 2017 12:19 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Chiaki. That face was hard to watch. Now I hope they don't try to be all smartass about it by brushing it off with some meta joke.
Sep 21, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
The board game was truly epic... I can still laugh my *ss off when I am watching this superbly fun anime... :D
Sep 22, 2017 9:15 AM
Jan 2014
Assuming the game at least partially reflected what's going to happen in their futures... Well blondie... At least the business is going good, amIright?
Heh... Poor blondie...
Sep 26, 2017 1:35 AM

Jan 2016
The facial expressions in this anime have to be the best. It's great to see things only anime can do that the LN cannot.

Horray! Most of the misunderstandings are now sorted. Emphasis on 'most'. However, as a result there's an entirely new problem. (Of course, but I'm glad instead of keeping the same misunderstandings throughout the series, this happened instead)
The love pentagon is now a love triangle, and with the introduction to Chiaki's sister, I'm looking forward to next episodes.

The board game was hilarious, also.
Sep 26, 2017 11:25 PM

Jul 2017
totally AWESOME!!!
Sep 27, 2017 2:29 PM
Jan 2015
This episode had me in stitches, I was actually scared that the show would loose it's grip but it got even better.
Oct 1, 2017 6:42 PM
Feb 2014
"I would be staring at a girl, who finally bought a train ticket to obvious town for the big parade, only to miss it by 5 mins. Hoshinomori heart just stumbled on a checkpoint unprepared, and is now looking at a fight she can not win. That of the too late soulmate"-Tasuku Uehara
I had to watch Gamers! In dub and i have to say it was good
Oct 2, 2017 3:49 AM
Dec 2012
Uehara strikes again! his inner monologues & reactions in this episode had me dying.
Oct 2, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Omg I loved this episode. The whole love pentagon thingy is a bit frustrating and what not (I mean seriously, all they need is communication) but this episode really made me see it on the comedy-side. I died of laughter. Especially Uehara's reactions, and that face he made below vv you can see just how frustrated he is and it's hilarious lmao.

G_Spark233 said:
This face had me in tears.
Makes two of us.

caught in the wonder
Oct 9, 2017 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
The board game part was pretty funny :D

It seems like the misunderstandings will know stop, and thus begins the real love triangle. I hope it will be similarly comedic. Though I guess Amano will still choose Tendou in the end, if Chiaki tells him the truth, that is.
Oct 14, 2017 2:52 AM

Mar 2017
You are too late Hoshinomori-san. :(
Oct 18, 2017 10:02 PM
Jul 2013
Does anyone have any idea what the title of the piano song in the game store is? I found it a very beautiful song.
Oct 20, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2012
Oh boy what an ending! Really magnificent episode and lol that ending!
Nov 4, 2017 7:53 AM
Nov 2014
I could care less about self-insert mc's love triangle. I'm just happy that uehara and aguri's misunderstandings are cleared. For now at least.
Nov 18, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
that game they played was too good.

I am happy to see that Ueahara and Aguri finally made up...
Nov 26, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2013
All the secrets are starting to be revealed!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 4, 2017 3:09 PM
Apr 2014
LOL xD I really want them to clear all the misunderstandings but the game of life part was hilarious :D Especially when both Keita and Chiaki landed on that one field xD Poor Uehara. He can't even say it out loud :P If the game continues like that he should just man up and get all this shit sorted finally.

omg don't tell me they sorted it out? Is it really over? I mean now the next drama can start with Keita revealing he knows exactly one person online right next to said person but at least the relationships seem somewhat stable now.
Dec 5, 2017 4:18 AM
Dec 2009
Dread...so much wrong and right in this one episode...I love it
Dec 16, 2017 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
its hilarious when ppl take board game so seriously 😂

Holy SH cats out of the bag new Chiaki knows that Keita is her game friend 😂

rinneganfire4u said:
The delusions ........XD Ironic how Uehara is seen as player while the stealth player Keita builds his harem...

So why does Chiaki falls for him when she hears his online name? Chiaki and Keita are comrades/nemesis and Mono and Tsucchie are online friends, how did she jumps to love?

issue is how he talked said that Nobe/Mono her game char name that Momo is special & so on & on so u see how this could be misunderstood by the chars owners 😂

Stormen said:
Who gives a fuck about Chiaki? She doesn't like Amano as a person, why would some wishy washy feelings from some game make any difference? Those feelings are pure fantasy. She doesn't like Amano and that's that. At least it should be that. I'm not sure i care too much about blondie either, she seems waaay too possessive.

not shipping him x Chiaki but i half to say this u can even fall in love for real in game its possible this thing happen even in real life
Sugram22Dec 16, 2017 11:41 AM
Dec 16, 2017 1:59 PM
Jun 2014
Sugram22 said:
its hilarious when ppl take board game so seriously 😂

Holy SH cats out of the bag new Chiaki knows that Keita is her game friend 😂

rinneganfire4u said:

issue is how he talked said that Nobe/Mono her game char name that Momo is special & so on & on so u see how this could be misunderstood by the chars owners 😂

Stormen said:

not shipping him x Chiaki but i half to say this u can even fall in love for real in game its possible this thing happen even in real life

That's true. But after seeing him being rejected in real life before that, i honestly don't give a shit :P
Dec 17, 2017 1:17 PM

May 2015
Misunderstanding got cleared right? Right???
Jan 25, 2018 7:45 PM

May 2016
Has someone read Kaguya-sama wa kokuraseitai? This chapter remember me a chapter a lot. For me the best episode Gamers has until now.
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Mar 1, 2018 7:15 AM

Jul 2009
Seitokai ichizon reference at the beginning? Hekiyou, plus all the girls looked rly similar o.o
May 19, 2018 5:48 AM

Mar 2018
I am glad that the misunderstandings are slowly being cleared up!
Jul 21, 2019 5:16 AM

Apr 2013
So now that finally Tendou x Amano and Uehara x Aguri are where they should be, Chiaki learns who Amano really is. This will get quite messy now, I hope they avoid any unnecessary drama.
Dec 25, 2019 3:50 AM

Dec 2014
lol the game though...nande the reveal in the end though
Jan 8, 2020 2:34 PM

Nov 2017
And so ends the 5 person love circle... Continueing 3 perdon love circle
I enjoyed all these misunderstandings and shiipings so much. For the first time ever I’m rooting for everyone to anyone. I love all 5 of them and wouldn’t care who ends up with who its all perfect!
I’m so gonna miss Tasuku and especially Aguri...

plz @ me
Jun 21, 2020 9:29 AM
Jan 2011
komic said:
did anyone else notice that the Student council look just like another SC of a certain anime?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5909/Seitokai_no_Ichizon

Yep. I'm 100% it's not coincidence
Aug 3, 2020 9:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Chiaki's sister!

Oh, man, that board game really had a nice guts among everyone future telling. And it just told the truth among everything that happened right in their own eyes! So glad that their whole previous huge misunderstandment, a little by little get solved in a nice way. Its such a pain in my ass with their nonsense misunderstanding. So glad that shit was over, especially with a good terms on Aguri and Tazuka sides. Unfortunately, someone had a late start realising there. Lmao. Their drama never missed a chance to make me laughed and then suddenly smirk like a crazy horses till my eyes got tearing. Holy shit, what a show!
badabassAug 3, 2020 10:00 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 24, 2020 10:07 AM
Aug 2020
So many problems just got fixed
Jan 15, 2021 9:21 PM
Jan 2020
Ok in ep8 Tendou Karen, Hoshinomori Chiaki, Aguri and Uehara Tasuku and Amano Keita play a game cantered around life the becomes tense when Aguri and Keita get married in the game which made both Karen and tasuku fantasize about how would Aguris and amanos wedding is going to look like, As for Chiaki she is just there looking all confused.
dose ring A FUCKING BELL HOPFULLY IT DOES because that's exactly what happened in the first ep of Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2.......ok let me explain.

Tendou Karen and Uehara Tasuku are both frustrated at the prospect of there marriage in the game, that's exactly how kaguya felt when Shirogane married Fujiwara in the game that they were playing in the student council room.

oh yeah and when Karen keeps making more money in which she says "yay" which Tasuku replies saying "i have never heard such a deflated yay in my life".

all in all the similarities between the two animes is really funny in that case Kaguya-sama: Love is War stole the idea from Gamers!

thanks
Apr 29, 2023 9:00 PM

May 2017
Mc manage to tame a imouto
Shes interessed in cute girls

So i guess they will play a yuri VN with cute blonde loli 🤔
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 2, 5:15 PM
Apr 2021
God damn!!! The ending of this one is freaking amazing. The narration melts!
Apr 13, 7:20 AM

Aug 2014
Great engind of ep ;d finally
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2017

274 by kingin92 »»
Aug 21, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

321 by SuperSonic486 »»
Jun 4, 1:34 PM

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.