Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 1, 2014 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
tl;dw: real shit

This episode had me cringing so much. such surreality in many more ways than one
Somehow Ulith as Urazoe Iona's LRIG is in the form of when Iona was called Kuro. Ruko even asks why the change in form, but it doesn't get answered.
Somehow Mayu is separate from "the outside world", but she has access to WIXOSS like the outside world.
Somehow Mayu is unable to go to the outside world when she can walk around and stuff.
Somehow Mayu is able to create imaginary people that were in her mind and that she could only see that can go to the outside world to bring girls and create the Selector-LRIG system.
Somehow LRIGs who lose disappear, but Midoriko (Hitoe's first LRIG) was with a different selector at the end of season 1.
Somehow Mayu's room and bed becomes that surreal white room with bars and mirrors and windows and stuff because she "sees the truth".
Somehow Ulith drastically changes Tama's appearance and the latter can suddenly execute multiple moves/a barrage of attacks within a single turn and destroy Ruko's playing desk/ship thing.
Somehow Iona decides to say all of that shit during battle.
Somehow most people gave this episode 5/5 here.

The only thing that makes sense and the best part about this episode is that Akira stabs Ulith. Hopefully the latter dies.

1/5 somewhat considering to give 2/5 cuz Akira stabbed Ulith, but god all that shit in the rest of the episode

EDIT:
ofc my 100th post here is about cringing and complaining and bullshit and shit
ofc my 100th post here is also the shittiest (heh)
Darstorm-SandudeDec 1, 2014 6:23 PM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 2, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap ... loads of information this episode O_O So Mayu's just some lonely girl who created this entire universe in her head? I get that she's imagining everything but HOW DID THAT AFFECT THE REAL WORLD??? Kind of confused that wasn't addressed because it's kind of a big deal ... or is Mayu imagining this too?! No that can't be because she's surprised at what Iona's telling everyone ... hopefully they tell us next episode :S
Akira goes a little crazy at the end and stabs Iona ... but with a pencil? O_o Doesn't seem like that would do that much damage ... but then again, I've never tried :P Plus it seems it was only in her side/stomach area though so I'm sure she's still alive ...
Can't wait for the next episode! Finally caught up after some marathoning ... I'm enjoying this immensely :D
Dec 6, 2014 4:15 AM

Dec 2010
Man, Akira totally made this episode, she's really doing her role so good.

I expected Iona to go Level 6 to be honest.
Dec 6, 2014 4:28 PM
Jul 2013
Okay... UNEXPECTED a lot of things (lie, only one)
Shit! That was so fucking intense!
Dec 10, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2010
UsaraDark said:
Also, I'm a bit confused. Ulith said that when Selectors loose, they become LRIGs, but the original LRIG that they had disappears, but when they win, they switch places. Is this correct or am I missing something? Because I thought that when you loose 3 times, your wish isn't granted, but at what point do you become a LRIG?

Okay, so I just read on the wiki and apparently, this only applies for the original LRIG.

It was Iona/Kuro that said all that, not Ulith, right?
Still, suppose a selector using an original LRIG like Tama or Iona loses 3 times. Supposedly, the LRIG disappears instead of being returned to the pool of ownerless LRIGs, and the selector becomes a LRIG. What happens to the selector's body, since the LRIG doesn't take it? Does it become an empty shell?
Dec 14, 2014 1:39 PM
May 2008
I always knew that Aki-Lucky is the best girl~

Also yes, that reasoning...I feel yu-gi-oh vibes, yes keep going~
Dec 21, 2014 9:08 AM

Mar 2011
what the actual fuck
Dec 27, 2014 3:27 AM

Sep 2014
I knew it was a mistake to watch this while still slightly drunk. I need to re-watch this episode, I am confused as FUCK. Why did Ulith appear as a LRIG to Kuro/Iona in Kuro's original form? Dafuq

How does having imaginary friends turn them into reality? Dafuq

How did Ulith get that magic power to enter Tama? Dafuq

So Mayu is just hating on everyone because they didn't suffer like she did? Works for me. 'ERRBODY in the world can suck it.

Akira is psycho. Love it.
Dec 30, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
Everything doesn't really make sense but well it's fiction.
Aki-lucky daisuki !! You never let me down.. best girl ever. *stabs* XD
Poor Tama and Iona..
Dec 31, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit, Aki-staby!

This ep was full of jaw droppers, so much sadism in this show.
Dec 31, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
Too bad Ulith didn't die, even if that may not be possible by killing the body.
Akira #1.
loliowoDec 31, 2014 10:11 PM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 8, 2015 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
Akira was annoying the hell out of me, but that ending saved her as a character! Freaking awesome! (would have been more awesome if she stabbed her neck though) /insertcruelfantasies
Jan 11, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2013
Yeeesssss Akira!!! You go girl!! Stab that bitch more!!!
As for the episode, things have gone very mindblown from all that. This series is really good so far!
Jan 16, 2015 1:27 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Dat ending reminded me 1 of the school days endings :D
Jan 22, 2015 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
Akira should have thrown Ultih from the bridge after she stabbed her.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 25, 2015 2:01 PM

May 2012
Akira seriously is insane... pretty impressive episode though!
Feb 6, 2015 8:33 AM
May 2012
Well, that was interesting.
Feb 7, 2015 6:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I thought Iona was supposed to be a cold, quiet, and reserved character.

+10 for Akira. She went all at by stabbing Ulith. Although I was expecting Ulith to stop Akira rip her apart for trying to stab her.

Mar 30, 2015 2:33 AM
Apr 2013
AKI-STABBY

Don't fuck with the heart of a yandere - she'll shank a bitch.
Aug 13, 2015 4:17 AM

Feb 2015
That was a nice episode, in fact the best episode so far, explained a lot of things.
Sep 24, 2015 9:19 PM

Mar 2015
Well... I hated Akira... but she stabbed the other bitch so... okay...

Iona is so awesome in this episode that I'm liking her. Tama is pretty badass too.

I really want to see Iona befriends Ru like Tama, it's sad to know that the "dark" girl is destined to battle all the time without friends. I hope Ru cares a lot about Iona and don't discard her after Tama returned.

Oct 14, 2015 6:06 AM
Nov 2014
Holy shit, this show just went full retard. Akira is a total nutjob.
Oct 15, 2015 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo said:
AKI-STABBY

Don't fuck with the heart of a yandere - she'll shank a bitch.

Well, I almost died laughing at this post.

Anyway, i'm sure Ulith isn't dead, but still...Akira finally snapped. Honestly, I hope isn't redeemed by some sort of BS at the end. She's so far gone any sort of redemption for her would be a cop out.

This episode completely destroyed most my theories. I guess I assumed Ruko was more important than she actually is. My theory about Ruko being a Selector in the past, losing, and then causing her mom to leave her is the only real theory I have left.

Was not expecting "isolated girl with magical powers creating imaginary friends that are able to manifest through the card game". To be the trigger of all this. But it does explain how Tama thought she could free all the LRIGs. I wonder if they will ever explain more about why Mayu was isolated. Did someone know she had magical powers and locked her up? I'm just ok with the explanation given so far, as it feels like there wasn't much build up to straight up magic being the reason for the game.

Not sure where the series will go from here. Are they going to try to save Mayu and be friends with her? I really hope not. This series really doesn't seem like the type to have a 100% happy ending.

After these last 2 episodes, I feel like this series is slowly starting to surpass Madoka in terms of having their character suffering. Madoka straight out killed characters, but no body is dying in this series, but they are still being dragged into this game and forced to fight and hurt each other. Ruko having to battle Tama was hard to watch. I really like those characters and Ulith is an evil bitch for making them have to fight each other.
Jan 6, 2016 9:54 PM

Aug 2012
Iona said that when the original LRIGs lost, they disappeared and the Selector replaced them, but I still don't understand why Hitoe and Midoriko are able to go on with their lives as if nothing had happened. This was something from last season that still hasn't been answered.

At least Akira has gone off of the deep end, which should be entertaining maybe.
Oct 25, 2016 8:24 AM

Sep 2015
Akira finally reached her final form.. a yandere.
Oct 31, 2016 7:31 PM

Feb 2014
wtf.... so much conveniences.... Tama becoming dark because Ulith (that even God doesn't knows how) managed to do it. This has no sense. There are no rules about the game... in single turns you get to attack 5 times or whatever. This is an anime just full of conveniences...

In addition, they are appealing to violence fanservice to call attention... pff...
TechOtakuOct 31, 2016 7:44 PM
Dec 30, 2016 7:48 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty tragic and captivating backstory. But Mayu is still an evil person.

Ulith got too cocky. She should have taken account of the fact, that she has a body, which can be harmed, now.

Either way, how Akira stabbed her was glorious. I don't think that she will die though.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 4, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2016
This was an amazing episode
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 18, 2017 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
This is the kind of stuff I really really like. Brilliant episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

197 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.