Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2017 2:41 AM

Jan 2016
I think they will adapt little army 1 and 2 and then Emi and Maho will be a team to compete in the International Senshado?
Mar 19, 2017 6:38 AM
Oct 2012
i think about Sensha-do World Cup
Apr 3, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
This will be a movie or a TV series? It's not specified here on MAL.
Apr 3, 2017 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
It's a series of movies iirc.
Apr 3, 2017 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
AholePony said:

Hm... so it will be a movie.

Thanks for answering.

We will still have GuP for a long time! Yay ;)
Apr 14, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2012
Viteracf said:
AholePony said:

Thanks for answering.

Actually, the better word for it is an OVA rather than a movie. It's a 6-part OVA series that will be roughly 40 minutes runtime per part. It's being mistaken for a movie since the 6 OVAs will be shown in Japanese theaters instead of TV like what is happening to Digimon Tri.
Apr 23, 2017 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
zenjamibu said:
Viteracf said:

Thanks for answering.

Actually, the better word for it is an OVA rather than a movie. It's a 6-part OVA series that will be roughly 40 minutes runtime per part. It's being mistaken for a movie since the 6 OVAs will be shown in Japanese theaters instead of TV like what is happening to Digimon Tri.
I don't think OVA would be a better word since it is airing in theaters. MAL lists them as being 2 hours each which sounds insane, but in reality it sounds like it's going to be more like Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin or Code Geass Akito than an actual 12 hour addition to the franchise. Also, OVAs don't air on TV, that's why they're called OVAs (original video animation meaning that they first air on videotape, DVD, or Blu-ray).

Towa no Quon was a 6 part movie series with 48 minute episodes but it still aired once a month as is usual with double length TV anime such as Katanagatari and Figure 17. To pirates it doesn't really matter where an anime first aired and its type doesn't imply anything about its length.
Apr 23, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
zenjamibu said:

I don't think OVA would be a better word since it is airing in theaters. MAL lists them as being 2 hours each which sounds insane, but in reality it sounds like it's going to be more like Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin or Code Geass Akito than an actual 12 hour addition to the franchise. Also, OVAs don't air on TV, that's why they're called OVAs (original video animation meaning that they first air on videotape, DVD, or Blu-ray).

Towa no Quon was a 6 part movie series with 48 minute episodes but it still aired once a month as is usual with double length TV anime such as Katanagatari and Figure 17. To pirates it doesn't really matter where an anime first aired and its type doesn't imply anything about its length.

I know what an OVA is. I'm just making a point here since people are misunderstanding it as a movie instead of an OVA. Since a movie should more than a 1-hour runtime to be called as such. I don't want them to expect that they will get what the GuP movie got.

zenjamibuApr 23, 2017 11:59 AM
Apr 23, 2017 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
zenjamibu said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I know what an OVA is. I'm just making a point here since people are misunderstanding it as a movie instead of an OVA. Since a movie should more than a 1-hour runtime to be called a movie. I don't want them to expect that they will get what the GuP movie got.
A movie actually only has to be 40 minutes, but I can understand where you're coming from. The whole movie series will only be around as long as the first season.
Jun 25, 2017 10:58 AM

Sep 2016
cute girls in fairly realistic tanks
thats all i care about <3
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jun 25, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2016
It would be pretty interesting if they introduce some Cold War era tanks like T-55, T-62, T-72, M60 Patton, M551 Sheridan, Type 59, etc...
Jun 25, 2017 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
I thought would be made tv series
Yes let it be
Jun 25, 2017 9:42 PM

Oct 2014
Maybe Ooarai can finally defeat St. Gloriana.
Jun 27, 2017 1:41 AM
Aug 2014
zenjamibu said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I know what an OVA is. I'm just making a point here since people are misunderstanding it as a movie instead of an OVA. Since a movie should more than a 1-hour runtime to be called as such. I don't want them to expect that they will get what the GuP movie got.

I've seen movies with a run time of mere 20-30 minutes:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2606/Digimon_Savers_the_Movie__Kyuukyoku_Power_Burst_Mode_Hatsudou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2398/Digimon_Adventure_02__Diablomon_no_Gyakushuu
Jun 27, 2017 3:49 AM

Oct 2010
The release format seems similar to Yamato 2202, which was initially released in theaters but is counted as an OVA.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1549641#msg47753560

I wore an Ankou team shirt at Tankfest 2017 this weekend... I was mulling over the suggestion that higher levels of tankery could have more modern tanks, up to present day. The problem with that is that advanced tanks are much easier to use. Automated loading removes Yukari's job (noooo!) Remember when Hana had to learn to manually aim the gun, using an optical sight to estimate the distance? Cold war tanks have lasers to tell them the exact distance. And as with modern naval battles, modern tank battles would tend to be fought at an extremely long range, not the close-quarters madness we love in GuP.
Aug 20, 2017 11:23 AM

Jul 2016
zenjamibu said:
Viteracf said:

Thanks for answering.

Movies don't have a length requirement. There are "short films" and the like. OVAs are different from movies, and this six-part series, despite being shorter in running time than most films, do qualify as films (just like Digimon Adventure tri, which ARE considered films despite their length). OVAs don't get played in theaters and don't have as big a budget.

But who cares about technicalities? GET HYPE FOR ONE LAST RUN OF GIRLS UND PANZER! PANZER VOR!!!
Aug 24, 2017 1:07 PM

Oct 2010
TadpoleSHero said:
OVAs don't get played in theaters and don't have as big a budget.

Not that it matters, but they can be debuted in theaters prior to physical release and still be listed as OVAs. For example see Yamato 2199/2202 in my last post, or https://myanimelist.net/anime/32902/Mahoutsukai_no_Yome__Hoshi_Matsu_Hito

Budget doesn't really come into it; many anime short films are very low-budget, some even homemade by one person, and they are still listed as movies.
Sep 20, 2017 11:35 PM
Jun 2017
looks like ill be waiting a couple of years for dubs to catch up if its anything like digimon tri. sigh...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer das Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 23, 2018

67 by Comander-07 »»
Jun 14, 1:40 PM

» FYI, Girls und Panzer das Finale is a 6-part OVA series.

zenjamibu - Jul 6, 2017

15 by Gar_Logan »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:35 PM

» Wrong number of episodes for Fushou Akiyama Yukari no Sensha Kouza

Bryce3D - Apr 17, 2022

1 by chiliehead »»
Jun 19, 2022 7:10 AM

» Sentai Filmworks had licensed Girls und Panzer das Finale Part 1

zenjamibu - Jun 29, 2021

4 by zenjamibu »»
Jul 27, 2021 3:47 PM

» ANOTHER DUBBED

alvinreddelta - Dec 24, 2018

1 by MrGarland »»
May 1, 2020 3:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.