Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Solid episode.

Glad this one focused more on Akane including her athletic side. When it comes to track & field, I feel like she always gives it her all.
Felt bad for Chinatsu though since it might take awhile for her to get over with what happened recently.
Jun 8, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2010
So there are some complications with the schools they wan't to go to and even moving to another town.
I wonder if they will be able to overcome this, their relationship was going pretty well till now so this might be a something they have to overcome.
Anyway it was a nice episode.
Jun 8, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2008
This series has been amazing so far. It all depends how it ends now. If they are not together in the end I am gonna lose my shit.
Jun 8, 2017 9:31 AM
Jul 2016
So far this series have been for the most part drama free and i strongly belive that it was one of the strongest points of the series coz as much of a pesimist i am, in real life middle school romance is preaty much drama free. By introducing forced drama they might destroy this comfortable feeling of pure and honest love between 2 young people they created so far, and it would not be good way to end this series which so far is my favourit this season.
remiskaJun 8, 2017 9:37 AM
Jun 8, 2017 4:28 PM
Feb 2013
remiska said:
So far this series have been for the most part drama free and i strongly belive that it was one of the strongest points of the series coz as much of a pesimist i am, in real life middle school romance is preaty much drama free. By introducing forced drama they might destroy this comfortable feeling of pure and honest love between 2 young people they created so far, and it would not be good way to end this series which so far is my favourit this season.

You know I think this show are trolling us just like it always did, I'm sure they can solved this problem. Even if they have to go to difference school I don't think they gonna break up.
Jun 8, 2017 4:33 PM
Jul 2016
silentway said:
remiska said:

You know I think this show are trolling us just like it always did, I'm sure they can solved this problem. Even if they have to go to difference school I don't think they gonna break up.

i just expressed my fears, quite honestly i dont excpacte any major drama but if it was introduced i would be sad coz tsuki ga kirei became my favourit this season
Jun 8, 2017 5:12 PM

Sep 2012
seems like things will be getting crazy, since akane friend is likely to help whatever is gonna happen at that future get together.......the drama begins

plus that dude is a little of a jerk for not respecting her decision
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki
Jun 8, 2017 5:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Y u do dis? Everything is going to shit!!!

Honestly though, i thought Chinatsu and Hira were over with. They are just going to be further hurt and i geniunely hoped that this was a done deal.

What is more realistic is the choosing of schools and always the possibility of moving...fuck.

The LINE scene was fantastic, loved all the emote usage :D

What also got me was the three girls crying over their last lunch together.

Kotarou's father was the MVP today. He just wants his son to be happy and straight him tells him that he should do what he feels is right.
Jun 8, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2015
So Akane might end up moving after all. Damn, I wonder how it'll all play out.

Great episode though.

Jun 8, 2017 5:36 PM
Jul 2012
remiska said:
silentway said:

i just expressed my fears, quite honestly i dont excpacte any major drama but if it was introduced i would be sad coz tsuki ga kirei became my favourit this season
To be fair all of the drama that happened in this episode both the Hira and moving thing were both introduced early into the series. Though I wouldn't mind her moving away if they plan on doing a sequel series in high school.
Jun 8, 2017 5:40 PM
Jan 2015
fezzy_2004 said:
seems like things will be getting crazy, since akane friend is likely to help whatever is gonna happen at that future get together.......the drama begins

plus that dude is a little of a jerk for not respecting her decision

If Hira's intention behind inviting the team to go to the festival together is to get Akane alone again, like at the amusement park, so that he can muster up the courage to confess to her, yes, he will be just as much of a jerk as Chinatsu was when she openly tried to steal Akane's boyfriend. And, no doubt, Chinatsu will help Hira in any way she can to get Akane to drop Kotarou so that she can scoop him up for herself. She obviously hasn't given up yet.

Smudy said:
Kotarou's father was the MVP today. He just wants his son to be happy and straight him tells him that he should do what he feels is right.

You beat me to it! This is exactly what I was going to say!

Jun 8, 2017 6:22 PM

Jan 2017
It's like real life, Just when you start to relax and think things are going smoothly there's another bump or two in the road. With the possibility of her moving and that festival disaster waiting to happen.

But, it still was a great episode and I am impatient to see what happens next!
Jun 8, 2017 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Of course we have one episode with a bit of drama and the ratings tanked.... Great episode as always and im positive that they will get through this
Jun 8, 2017 6:46 PM

Oct 2016
"The wind rises" Does that mean a storm is coming up next episode?

Interesting situation. For myself who has trouble socializing I could recall moving as a rather traumatic experience in the past. For Akane and Azumi I doubt they'd go for a distant relationship; I wonder if Azumi would resort to boarding, and if so, how far his family would support him.
Jun 8, 2017 7:02 PM
Jul 2013
I'm pretty sure this is just an ad for LINE. They'll go to different far away schools, but their relationship is going to be saved by using LINE. After all, LINE is what got them through the hardships of the beginning as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 7:20 PM

Jan 2015
I'm confident things will work out. The moving is not yet decided, but even if she does move, it's not that far, after all Akane's sister goes to a school close to there. They could still see each other in the weekends or something like that.

I thought Chinatsu and Hira were done but apparently we'll have to deal with them at the festival. They should just give up already, they'll get themselves even more hurt. Luckily, Kotarou is going to be there as well.

I'm pretty anxious for the next episodes, but I'm positive everything will be fine.
Jun 8, 2017 7:22 PM

Jun 2015
It's unfortunate Akane might move away. Just when things were going so well. Looks like Chinatsu and Hira are not over it. That's not good. I'm glad Akane didn't freak when he went to the track meet. I was worried she would notice him in the crowd during her run and get flustered and fail miserable. Really glad that didn't happen. Her LINE conversation with Kotarou was adorable. His father was great. He's so supportive of him and gave some really good advice.
Jun 8, 2017 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
As always, another great episode.

Akane and Kotarou will have to overcome another hurdle. It hasn't been decided if Akane will move yet but I'm a bit anxious of this. Can't forget to mention that their LINE conversation was adorable. It was heartwarming. Everything they do is just too adorable. Kotarou's father was really supportive of him. I can also understand his mother's concerns though. Seem like next episode will be about the festival. Can't wait to see Kotarou's performance. Looking forward to that.

Felt bad for Chinatsu but I'm not too sure about Hira though. Still don't like that guy.

Somehow, high specs have turned into trade skill for Ayane.

BlackstarFallen said:
I'm glad Akane didn't freak when he went to the track meet. I was worried she would notice him in the crowd during her run and get flustered and fail miserable.

I felt uneasy about that. Glad she didn't.

Jun 8, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2016
Oh no! I think the drama is about to begin... while I don't my wonderful characters to break up and everything go awry... I still sitting here with popcorn ready for the drama!

At least she telling him! Back off track boiiii I don't need you ruining my relationship!
UrbanJahtsJun 8, 2017 8:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 8:51 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I bet this is gonna have a bitter sweet ending :(
Jun 8, 2017 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
Really Sweet episode with a foreshadowing of ben end maybe? (5cm per second feelings all the way).

Every time I see Chiba being mentioned I remember of Rachiman love for it, to the point of thinking "Hey, Chiba is nice!!!"

Jun 8, 2017 9:58 PM

Jan 2013
Heading for a sad ending, this should be interesting.
Jun 8, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2015
My parents are like his... except flipped. Father worries, mother is carefree. It is just amazing how realistic the parents are. I really like this series for that.

And I thought the problems were resolved, but should of knew better, its the final few episodes, got to have a problem to top it off at the climax. The biggest hurdle yet for their relationship.

This can end up very cheesy in her not moving for some arbitrary reason(or what ever talk to her parents) but I have faith in this series. This anime has time and time again proven it to not follow such stupid tropes. Hopefully it gives us a happy but believable ending.

And the post-ending skits are hilarious as ever. I wasn't in much mood watching the anime this week, but after getting myself to start, I didn't realize how quickly it ended... I usually do look forward to this anime, but it was late and have other stuff to do. Still worth putting some time aside to watch it this week on time.
Jun 8, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Damn, Akane might be moving. If this isn't going to be a happy end, I'm gonna be so heartbroken. :(

The LINE conversations are awesome, the emote usage is the best part. XD

Loved that Kota went to the track meet to watch Akane, the part where he left after seeing her laughing along with her club members was kinda sad.
The three girls crying over lunch was really emotional. :(

Kotarou's Dad gave him some nice advice, let's hope Kota takes his advice to heart.
Lelouch0202Jun 8, 2017 10:39 PM
Jun 8, 2017 10:58 PM

Sep 2013
I'm vibing some 5 centimeters per second here.
Jun 8, 2017 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
My favorite little detail this ep was the camera showing their phones moving while they were typing to each other. This show does really well with little realistic details like that, I love it.
Jun 8, 2017 11:34 PM

Mar 2016
A lot happened in this episode! Man the pace has really picked up nicely in the second half of the series. The story continues to develop into a fairly good realistic depiction of a first romantic relationship. I feel bad for Hira and Chinatsu because I really like their characters a lot if not more than the mains. I can't wait to see how the anime finishes out
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 9, 2017 12:29 AM

Dec 2011
Was thinking how the story would go forward from the last episode, and here they are.

If Akane and her family are moving, it'd be the biggest hurdle in Akane and Kotaro relationship for sure.

Have another bad vibe from Hira and Chinatsu here...
It's a bit weird that Akane decides to go to the festival with the club, instead go and see Kotarou performing, or perhaps is it going to be at the same festival?
Jun 9, 2017 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
alcrowry said:
Was thinking how the story would go forward from the last episode, and here they are.

If Akane and her family are moving, it'd be the biggest hurdle in Akane and Kotaro relationship for sure.

Have another bad vibe from Hira and Chinatsu here...
It's a bit weird that Akane decides to go to the festival with the club, instead go and see Kotarou performing, or perhaps is it going to be at the same festival?

Yes its the same festival. She can't go with Kotarou because he's going to be busy performing which is probably why she was happy to get an excuse to go.
Jun 9, 2017 1:48 AM

Mar 2008
I f-ing knew they were gonna pull the my parents have to move bull shit. If they don't stay together I'm gonna go nuts.
Jun 9, 2017 2:22 AM

Jul 2011
I think Chinatsu has not given up, Hira said he hasn't even tried yet... Oh dear.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 9, 2017 3:02 AM

Apr 2017
Azumi's dad is a legend its the type of father I wanna be like, not a fan of his mum because a similar situation happened to me. There's no joy in doing something you do not enjoy.

Jun 9, 2017 3:43 AM

Oct 2016
Oh my.. looks like a bad ending is brewing >.< I really hope not ! !

As always, the short stories at the end are reaaaaaallyyyy cute! funny scenes <3

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jun 9, 2017 3:48 AM

Mar 2013
Bad premonition. That is what I felt after watching today's episode...

Akane's transfer... Chinatsu and Hira's resolve. You can't blame me for all the anxiety I feel! Haha

If the anime doesn't ends up with them together, I'm sure I'm gonna flip >:(

About the end stories... Is it just me or it is implied they were talking about love hotel and they actually did it? It was mentioned before many times too
Jun 9, 2017 4:52 AM

Sep 2016
The third wheels Hira and Chinatsu are upto something bad again. I hate them, why can't we just have a normal romance anime minus the feels and dramas?
Jun 9, 2017 4:52 AM
Oct 2013
Guys, don't lose hope yet.
Kotarou's dad: Go wherever you need to go to do what you love.
Akane: I might be moving to Chiba.
So, somehow in the end Kotarou also moving to Chiba?
Jun 9, 2017 5:57 AM

Sep 2016
I see a shitstorm a brewing.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jun 9, 2017 6:43 AM

Jan 2017
The texting scene at the end brought back some nostalgia for me.
Jun 9, 2017 7:26 AM

Nov 2016
Just how great is Kotarous father ?

And I here I thought it would stay free of drama, but Akanes upcoming move,even though it's not safe and Chinatsu and Takami are making some trouble.

But tbh honest at this point I'm open for everything, be it happy or bittersweet ending, I will still love this show regardless of the outcome.

Very good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 9, 2017 7:49 AM
Feb 2013
Is it just me or the animation are much better than the last episode? And there are less CG crowds in this episode too, the background are beautiful as always.

After I read the translation of ep10 synopsis it made me somehow feel relieved, Kotarou willing to go to the same school as Akane and not any drama was mentioned.

It seem the next episode is Kawagoe festival, I have a lot of expectation from this event. I hope it gonna be great.
Jun 9, 2017 8:41 AM
Apr 2017
Can anyone translate ep10 synopsis ?
Jun 9, 2017 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
Kotarou has a nice dad. Completely opposite to his mother.
Anyway, as I thought. I knew that they will take a 'move' drama path. Not gonna lie, I don't like it. I hope that everything will end good, and we won't get an another '5cm per second' scenario. Not mentioning about that freckled guy........
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 9, 2017 9:51 AM
Feb 2013
AlimsFF-San said:

I read it from reddit, it put on the spoiler tag and I can't copy/paste them so I will put the link here. Just search the page with "ep10" and you will found it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6g4mk7/spoilers_tsuki_ga_kirei_episode_9_discussion/
Jun 9, 2017 10:10 AM

Dec 2013
It was a pretty good episode. Love how Kotarou went to see Akane's relay in secret, and how he chose to tell her only afterwards. It made the entire sequence so good.

Guessing Hira will make his attempt to confess to Akane regardless of how he knows of her relationship with Kotarou. Considering how he has to perform at the festival, it's pretty obvious that Hira will at least get a chance to get her alone for a confession.

That said, I still expect a happy ending for the two, since I feel like the ED reveals a bit too much of the story than it really should. To me the only drama is whether she goes to Chiba and they need to go Long D.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 9, 2017 10:49 AM
Jun 2017
hmmmpp.. a little worried.. there's always that "moving to somewhere" part, and "something might happen", "this and that".. I hope this anime would be a happy ending coz it's one of my favourite this season.. coz if it's not, i'm gonna explode...
Jun 9, 2017 10:54 AM

Oct 2010
remiska said:
in real life middle school romance is preaty much drama free.

lol? Maybe for you.... Middle school had the most drama of anything in my life.

Anyway, I really really hate Hira. He needs to take a hint and F off already.
Jun 9, 2017 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
i bet they will end up in the same school, and azumi will move to chiba as well lmao

anyway i hope this ends nicely, since this is one of the nicest animes this season
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 9, 2017 1:21 PM
Jan 2015
AlimsFF-San said:

Jun 9, 2017 2:04 PM
Apr 2017
silentway said:
AlimsFF-San said:

I read it from reddit, it put on the spoiler tag and I can't copy/paste them so I will put the link here. Just search the page with "ep10" and you will found it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6g4mk7/spoilers_tsuki_ga_kirei_episode_9_discussion/
Thank you very much
Jun 9, 2017 4:27 PM
Oct 2015
this episode reminds me of 5cm per second
hopefully it wont end like that
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

631 by Weely21 »»
Aug 26, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

160 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

195 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 3, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 2, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

180 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 1, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.