Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 29, 2017 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
I really like this series so far, the MC is really cool and collective. The flashbacks on his past were nice how he lived this long (although it was explained in the the description). Hope this doesn't turn out depressing :O
Apr 29, 2017 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
There're some annoying things like the meta girl with nekomimi, the ogre maid teasing and occasional cheap cop-outs, like kids being instantly fine with living with a human, but the overall quality of the writing is high. Totally didn't expect to like a LN adaptation with such a ridiculous title.
The MC's seiyuu is great - he really breathes life into a rather generic design. I like how the female MC denied that she wanted to be strong. And their swords being made of mundane talismans is a powerful image. I appreciate greatly the addition of prominent non-humanlooking characters too.

Hope this wouldn't disappoint.
Apr 30, 2017 1:26 AM

Oct 2016
Interestingly, did they intentionally have rookie seiyuus voice all the main casts and veterans do side characters?
Apr 30, 2017 8:49 AM

Oct 2016
Looks like this series is my AOTS contender this season. I really like how they managed to properly fit tons of info about their past, weapons and battle capabilities in one episode~

I hope the quality wont go down after this episode!

ใ€Œ I was nothing until the moment I met you. ใ€

May 3, 2017 2:58 AM
Apr 2017
Wow nice episode And please next episode i see romance
May 3, 2017 3:58 AM
Mar 2012
Some nice world building/backstory there, giant robo apocalypse, talisman collection that only looks like a sword (lol meow?), iceman.
Willem & Ctholly very interesting relation, a vet who turns the noob's bruteforce around with 'jujustu' sword, and that butter deathflag cake. Would be nice to learn about her cake loving senpai. Sword, dome, song everything was beautiful.
Lizardman's voice quite cool, has some realistic layers to it.
May 5, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Very interesting episode, we found out a lot about Willem's past.
That moment when Willem said "i will do anything that you want but marriage and stuff like that doesn't count", and Chtolly said "but you said everything" at this moment she made the best face xD
That one girl who is always late and is trying to catch her friends haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 6, 2017 2:42 PM

Feb 2013
Willem ancient washed up pro.
Still plenty strong to make a fool of Chtholly by deflecting every one of her attacks.

Some action next episode please?
May 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2009
So Willem fought with the same weapon the girls are using in the past...so since he was freeze he is older than he seems, right? I hope he train the girls so they can all survive.
May 10, 2017 9:09 PM

Mar 2013
I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to show where he came from or if I was expected to just know that from the plot summary and it would never actually be shown.
May 30, 2017 7:45 PM

May 2011
Gaaahhhh the butter cake scene gave me a heavy dose of the feels :'(

Interesting to hear about Willem's tragic past and nice to see him show his skills. I wonder if his body can somehow recover from all the damage he's taken.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2017 11:38 AM

Aug 2016

I want this talisman.
I want all the others too, but this one especially.
*sips tea*
Jun 21, 2017 7:03 PM
Jun 2017
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Anathor said:

Imo it's a good adaption so far. The most glaring problems with these types of anime are all the internal monologues that get lost, and that include more info about the characters and their feelings. But that can't be helped. Also they have 9+ episodes to cover the other two volumes (if they stop at what they showed in ep1) so they can take more time to animate those, rather than take ages with vol1 and rush the rest.

If I were to pick something, that I'm disappointed about so far, it would be about how they cut a chunk of the dialogue at the end scene. But the song aswell as seeing that scene animated was enough for me to be satisfied.

If anything, I'd appreciate if they didn't animate every single inner monolgue. This is an audio-visual representation of the adaptation, character thoughts can be displayed through their expressions and the flashing of scenes in their heads like how willem remembered Almaria telling him she'll feed him cake once kutori asked for it. Masamune-kun's revenge suffered from dumping all the inner monologue, every 30 sec, a thought is told in the MC's head. We don't need every single inner thought worded to us. Also a big part of the inner monologues tend to happen in funny scenes in this LN. I'll re-check the LN to see what they missed, but i wouldn't be picky about it. The original is mostly going to be better, that's a given .

Rydako brings up some valid points.

Yes narratives&exposition needs to be and will be cut/trimmed, but a good adaption will cover over any real gaps in the story.

For me the author failed at this,he wanted to focus the anime on Chtholly vs his novel's focus on Willem.
Scenes dealing with Willem's past,in particular Lilya and
were simply cut or trimmed severely.Yet he left dangling many subplots and part of the overall plot,leading to incomplete reveals or just plain deadends.

Elq's monologue/info dump,she told Chtholly the gods wanted to punish humanity thus started the war,she being the master/leader. This is wrong for Elq's character to say and it told from the perspective of an unseen antagonist,

The above is a example of yet another half-truth caused by the author in this case the cramming of as much missing exposition.information as possible into these past two episodes.

If who I suspect shows up to see her
,folks are going to having even more of an info dump in episode 12.

Jun 27, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2012
Decent episode, but the pacing really slowed down in this episode... sadly enough as I almost lost interest.
Aug 11, 2017 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Damn so Willem's past is that dark and broken. Him being frozen while his entire race died is also pretty fucked up. #SadWillemIsSad #ButtercakePTSD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 25, 2017 7:52 AM

Apr 2015
Fight was too rush-dramatic. Couldn't get into it, probably needed a minute or so flashbacks before it maybe?

Very pretty.

Generic death flag...think they'll twist it somehow.
Dec 8, 2018 12:00 AM

Nov 2013
The fight between Chtholly and Willem was pretty neat. Willem made Chtholly his bitch (until he lost consciousness at least).

Fuck, Willem's past was depressing. Even worse when you remember all of humanity died while he was frozen.

That mecha beast was pretty creepy; I hope we get to see more of them.

When Chtholly mentioned the butter cake; poor Willem is probably holding back his sadness. FeelsBadMan

Finally the day the loli soldiers head off to battle has come. I have a feeling someone isn't going to come back alive...

Good episode. 8/10

Not entirely sold on this anime just yet. It feels ridden with a lot of typical anime cliches and the tone shifts are really offputting. Regardless, I'm interested to see what happens next.
FunnyRatmanDec 8, 2018 12:04 AM

Jan 25, 2019 1:52 AM

May 2009
Raulzus said:

When Chtholly mentioned the butter cake; poor Willem is probably holding back his sadness. FeelsBadMan

lol that scene got me pretty good too. Not just because of the feels, but like is butter cake that common of a thing? Why did she have to request butter cake of all things.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Apr 20, 2020 7:25 AM

Feb 2014
I hope they find a way to win without Chtholly dying!

I'm really liking the music in this show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2020 10:17 AM

May 2015
Nice build up episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 4, 2021 9:00 PM
Jul 2021
I CAN'T believe he didn't F'n see them off, it's seriously enraging. Like you talk all this game about wanting to help them, and how you want her to come back alive, and them too as well, and you just go and F off in a cafe with some DB
I am mostly liking this MC since he's not the typical pathetic MC in Anime but what a douche. Especially being a warrior and Knowing it might be the LAST time he sees them.
Sep 5, 2021 10:00 AM

Feb 2021
Big revelations and a weird romance haha.
My candies:
Mar 29, 2022 1:55 AM

Apr 2020
You know why I haven't been watching anime as much as I do in the past, it is because some shows can already give me a hint and I'll be right about it, and once the reveal is official I will just laugh at it. This is not a negative statement, more so like me being used to anime by now.

So yeah Villem is a Ertnetwiht aka Human. After sustaining a ceasefire from a battle long ago, he was petrified (pretty much on a cryo sleep, which was the other thing I talked about other than being immortal), and has woken up now that the Earth is gone. And since he is knowledgeable of the swords, he knows how to tune it and is pretty much easy off fighting Chtholly, something that set her off.

And just like that everyone including the characters knows how Villem is. I hope his knowledge does help Chtholly, Ithea, and Nephren since they're off to fight a Great Beast. But that last scene though where our girl wants a butter cake, that was the same thing that Villem says to his wife before everything was wiped out. I was stunned of what she says, but I'm sure that she'll come back and our boy will make that butter cake....which he sadly did not experienced.
Oct 5, 2022 7:48 AM

Jan 2020
Heh, the legendary sword had some interesting attachments.

Chtholly is actually kind of annoying. Or, at least, she was during her refusal to accept Willem's help. She quickly showed some growth, but obstinance and superiority definitely don't suit her. This might be a first for me, but I actually don't blame Willem for not wanting to indulge the idea of marriage. She's got a long way to go before she can be considered best girl material.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 25, 2023 11:35 AM

Aug 2019
but howd the lolicon end up in the ice before he petrified?
Jun 4, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 2023
It isn't bad and isn't to good
Aug 27, 2023 9:43 PM

Oct 2022
“An attractive appearance is a manifestation of one's desire to be loved. That desire to be held dear is why they look like that.”
A very interesting perceptive if you ask me.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

463 by burjl14 »»
Oct 15, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Jun 18, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.