Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode.

We got more world development and not only that, there's some mystery regarding the wind and Chtholly getting involved with some investigation. Felt kinda bad for Willem for the state that he;s in because of his health conditions. The guy is still injured although he is doing better. Hope the episode didn't set off any death flags.
Stark700Apr 25, 2017 9:58 AM
Apr 25, 2017 9:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nice information we got in this episode

Finally got that backstory for Wilheim and like I'm sure most expected, turns out he really was one of those special human soldiers from the past. I also liked that they addressed how he survived all these years (Should have known he was frozen in time) and now that I know, I feel even worse seeing how he reacted when he woke up because really him losing his friends, crush and his own race was beyond his control

The sparring match between him and Holly (I'm just gonna shorten their names) was not only impressive on his part but very informative as well in regards to how the Dug Weapons works as well as how they're made via talismans etc so that was cool to see....I liked that we got more insight into Holly's past too and I can already see that this Butter Cake thing might end up being a plot device in some way lol but probably one that'll bring out tons of feels

Another great episode this week but I'm terrified to watch the next episode since Holly and the others got deployed off...I REALLY hope that none of them dies because I like all 3 of them so much :( Plus I would hate to see the Troll girl cry again >.<
TokoyaApr 25, 2017 9:36 AM
Apr 25, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2015
The best episode so far, there's still some stuff missing from the first volume, but most of it is done already. Can't wait for next week.

Note: Kutori was incredibly adorable and funny this episode.
Apr 25, 2017 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
The look on the kids' faces when Naigrat stared down at them Xd
Great to see more past bits and an actual explaination about Willem's story.
I wished the last scene would never end...but all good things must come to an end, don't they.
Apr 25, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
I have a baaad feeling about that death flag there... blue butterfly chik is gonna die? wont she?
I thought the main male character was OP, well in a way he is kinda OP but it seems his body cant handle it anymore.
Apr 25, 2017 9:42 AM

Jul 2007
So the clear explanations are out in terms of Willem's body condition. He is basically at Kiritsugu-level of screwed up in terms of health now.

The backstory here and everything we learn helps to establish Willem's worldview and explains why he is so distraught at the girls not valuing their lives that much. AS someone who lost his entire species and who is hanging on by a thread but with no real will to have a real life, he is in unique place as far as viewpoints go. And he is able to imprint the knowledge of pointlessness of violence and war and importance of survival to others. After all, even if his own race perished, he can still do everything he can to make those children life just a little bit longer.
Apr 25, 2017 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Can't believe Willem is still alive after those injuries.

We got an explanation on why Willem is so old. Figured he was frozen in time.

Overall, a great episode. The best so far with all the information.

Apr 25, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
Didn't expect much from this series. A normal guy that has to take care of some magical kindergartners, but it got interesting with the reveal of his past. I think I'll stick with it.
Apr 25, 2017 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
That last scene was beautiful.
They manage to fit volume 1 into 3 episodes so this might be a full adaptation? Hope it turns out well either way.
Apr 25, 2017 9:51 AM

Oct 2014
The Butter Cake scene. :(
Apr 25, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
JSUT GIVE ME THE GODDAMN OST ALREADY ;__;
Apr 25, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
This show just gets better and better every episode. Willem's backstory about how he was frozen in time was brilliantly executed; I can't begin to fathom the crushing pain he would have felt upon finding out that everyone he knew and loved was dead, not to mention the shock of waking up after 500 years. Also, the end scene with the butter cakes was brilliant and really touching. I just hope she comes back so that the promise can be fulfilled this time.
Apr 25, 2017 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
This show has some really good moments. I really liked Chtolly and Willem's moment at the end where he shows her the talismans.

And Willem's backstory is really depressing. Poor guy is the last human left alive.

Downright beautiful really. And Chtolly is really starting to grow on me and we're only 3 episodes in. If the anime keeps this kind of quality it's easily going to be spring 2017 AOTS.
Apr 25, 2017 9:56 AM
Oct 2016
Another beautiful episode. I really liked the maintenance scene and the sparring match. At this pace it might be a full adaption but we'll see.
Apr 25, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2014
This anime is so good best of the current line up for me.

But shit... if I get this emotional just from her asking him to make butter cake... this anime may destroy my feels...
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Apr 25, 2017 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
great episode
now I know why they mention that his age is more than 300yro, he was petrified
I thought he's still OP but seems like his body can't handle it..

the preview.. what
don't tell me.. someone is..
Apr 25, 2017 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
Winterluffy said:
This anime is so good best of the current line up for me.

Same here, there's many interesting series in this season, but this one is definitely my favorite.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 25, 2017 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
Very good episode again.

We got quite a bit of info on the past especially with Willem and the working of Dug weapons. So humans actually turned the other races against themselves and got wiped out. Feel sad for Willem being the last member of his entire species. :(

The sparring was great but the maintenance scenes was the best, The OST is great as well.

I hope the girls survive the battle.
Apr 25, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
Willem went through a lot in his life. He was frozen the whole time. It's quite sad he's the last one of his race. His sparring match against Chtholly was great. He's informative on how the Dug weapons work. The maintenance scenes was pretty. Chtholly and the others got deployed off. I hope they come back alive.
Apr 25, 2017 10:32 AM
May 2015
I beg you Kami sama don't kill Chtholly :((
However, i really like this episode, with Willem's past and the scene with the sword at the end :p
I love this anime.
Apr 25, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
The author really knows how to throw irony with emotional scenes.
Asking for the butter cake before he sends her off just like others did to him and we know how that ended up for him.
Great episode.
Anyone noticed slight changes to the OP ?
Shishou_23Apr 25, 2017 10:39 AM
Apr 25, 2017 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
Good for Willem that he got a helping hand from Ren, he would've probably been so far off if it hadn't been for her.
Chtholly was in the midst of her own feelings of battle and his growing feelings towards Willem, I'm curious as to how and where this next battle turns her fate towards to.
I liked Chtholly's little conversation with Officer Limeskin, he had some pretty interesting things to say.
And I'm sure Chtholly referenced Willem's daughter from the past when she mentioned one of the older fairies, that was a nice touch towards the end.
I'm still having trouble remembering stuff from the previous episodes and its a little confusing, but somehow I like it too.
Apr 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Jul 2016
Im calling it now, at least one of girls will die, preaty sure not chtholl coz we saw her in first episode, but from what was forshadowed about next episode something bad happens
So humans can use "spells" interesting
And to ln readers has story ended or is it ongoing?
Apr 25, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
Vannish said:
The best episode so far, there's still some stuff missing from the first volume, but most of it is done already. Can't wait for next week.

Note: Kutori was incredibly adorable and funny this episode.

The only things missing is the mention of the Visitors
Apr 25, 2017 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
remiska said:
Im calling it now, at least one of girls will die, preaty sure not chtholl coz we saw her in first episode, but from what was forshadowed about next episode something bad happens

Its finished... it had 5 volumes... this episode ended the first one
Apr 25, 2017 10:46 AM

Aug 2012
There's something about Kutori's character that just makes her very endearing. A lot of similarish characters would have me tired of them by this point, but her characterization and early development have come across so genuine and natural that it makes her really likable. Not to mention she's just adorable, especially when she's around Willem.

Willem's backstory coming together while Kutori is under duress about her resolve works really well too. His whole setup of being told to live, only to wake up to everything being gone and losing hope, and now being in the opposite position of being the support for the girls, is just beautiful.
Apr 25, 2017 10:47 AM

Feb 2016
I have a feeling that the next episode will be kind of heartbreaking... i hope it isn't ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 25, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
remiska said:

There is a sequel novel, at 4 volumes atm.
Apr 25, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
So far it's well adapted.They haven't excluded any major information (which can't be mentioned on later on as well) and mixed it together with great visuals and a good soundtrack. And with this episode, the first volume is fully adapted, so I'm interested whether they'll keep up with pace and adapt up to volume 4 because I can't imagine that they're able to adapt it up to volume 5 without skipping major plot points. Neither seems 9 episodes for 2 volumes likely, so it should go up to volume 4. In this case, the ending will be one hell of a cliffhanger.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 25, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
This episode ended in a flash, tbh this anime is one of the shows that I enjoy watching most this season.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 25, 2017 10:52 AM
Jun 2011
Very good pacing this episode, bumping the adaptation back up to a 10 for now. I am concerned about the preview, I really hope they don't compress the whole old city arc into one episode.

EDIT: I guess it being one episode wouldn't be too bad.
GoldkoronApr 25, 2017 10:57 AM
Apr 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
Nice that we got more infos about Wilhelm, his backround story is really tragic. The last scene with Chthollys was also a little bit depressing, whether she will make it or not isn't clear, but I can already see people complaining about either outcomes.

Despite the melancholic mood the episode had some sweet moments, lol'd hard about the little girl who didn't want to be left behind xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
omg the butter cake flag... ;_;
Cute is justice.
Apr 25, 2017 11:00 AM

Nov 2013
I have some mixed feelings on this episode, despite liking it a lot.

On one hand, it was great in terms of execution on some scenes, especially on those leading to Willem´s past being unveiled; and that last one with Chtholly and the butter cake promise (I am seriously in love with that "always in my heart" track). Ren´s interaction with Willelm was also pretty amusing.

On the other, finishing the 1st volume already raises some questions about how far they will go with this adaptation and how much will they rush in the future. Due to this I admit I was a bit concerned with what they rushed on this episode, since in that opening scene in the library (?) some important context about the fairies’ existence and the beast they will be fighting (the timere) should have been given. The hiding meaning of the conversation between Willem and Ithea was also probably lost to anime onlies, due to the lack of the info concerning the fairies existence.

The lack of some inner monologues of Willem (especially concerning the braves) can also give the wrong interpretation to anime onlies that he was OP/talented in his past or that he wielded a dug weapon since he knows a lot of them. Hope that they can make up to this lack on info later on. I also hope that the chapter 5 at the end of the 1st volume is somewhat rearranged in the next episode or the following ones, since that was an important bit of foreshadowing.

Overall, still a solid episode! ^^
KaitonApr 25, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Anyone noticed slight changes to the OP ?

Aye, the pictures flashing through Chtholly's mind are different.

Episode 2:
http://imgur.com/a/W0czj

Episode 3:
http://imgur.com/a/NAxPJ

I'm interested in this man holding a Kailyon; but speculating would spoiler stuff so I won't say more:

Edit: I noticed that if you look at it upside down it's Willem laying down on the bed. So only the part in the middle was not in this episode.
AnathorApr 25, 2017 11:27 AM
Apr 25, 2017 11:16 AM

Sep 2016
it's really fun watching our loli harem king BTFO the noob fairy
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 25, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode besides a couple of nit picks .
Apr 25, 2017 11:25 AM
Jun 2011
karlstein12 said:

And I'm sure Chtholly referenced Willem's daughter from the past when she mentioned one of the older fairies, that was a nice touch towards the end.

I don't think Willem ever told Chtholly about his family (but maybe I'm wrong).

The way she clutched the blue thing on her chest (a brooch, right?) makes me think it was the fairy that gave Chtholly that brooch that liked the butter cake, and that that fairy died after giving it to her.
Apr 25, 2017 11:29 AM

Mar 2016
ipwnallnubz said:
karlstein12 said:

I don't think Willem ever told Chtholly about his family (but maybe I'm wrong).

The way she clutched the blue thing on her chest (a brooch, right?) makes me think it was the fairy that gave Chtholly that brooch that liked the butter cake, and that that fairy died after giving it to her.

That's the correct interpretation of the scene especially when kutori said doing it allows her to imitate the fairy that gave her the brooch before she left this world, i.e. she can feel like she's closer to her. And yeah willem didn't tell them about his daughter, Almaria.
Apr 25, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Willem's past revealed and chtholly runs away but comes back after speaking to lizard boss.
Proper training to give them more chances to survive.
Apr 25, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2016
This series has interested me the most so far this season. I really do hope it turns out in the end because I really like what I've seen so far.

On a side note, am I the only one thinking of Chtholly as a grown up version of Cirno from Touhou Project? I mean seriously, look at these two.

Aside from having different magic powers, their outfits and personalities are almost exactly alike.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Apr 25, 2017 12:00 PM
Jul 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
remiska said:

I mean, technically SukaSuka was only the first arc. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Mou Ichido dake, Aemasu ka? is a continuation of the series
ProdoxApr 25, 2017 12:12 PM
Apr 25, 2017 12:02 PM

Sep 2016
Prodox said:
SakurasouBusters said:

I mean, technically SukaSuka was only the first arc. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Mou Ichido dake, Aemasu ka? is a sequel that follows the four younger characters once they grow up a bit. Tiat is the cover girl for vol 1.
thanks, now I know the rest will most likely die and i can't wait to feel the FEELS!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 25, 2017 12:05 PM

Jul 2007

Delete this please
Apr 25, 2017 12:11 PM
Jul 2014
Fai said:

Delete this please

All I said was that there was a sequel... that tells nothing, though I did take out the second half, because if you really want to stretch it you can make a couple of guesses about it I guess. Though now that its quoted its not like I can do anything about it.
Apr 25, 2017 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
That butter cake scene with Chtholly has me feeling unusually uneasy, one of them 3 girls going to battle is certainly going to be severely injured or dead, maybe all of them will die. Whatever happens, by the end of the series I am expecting Willem to do something ridiculously reckless and I'm excited to see how the anime ends. I want a sad ending, haven't found much sad, heart string jerking anime since Your Lie in April so I'm keen on something horrible happening. That or he comes back after doing something insane and is nearly dead but survives, only to be eaten by Nygglatho. "Sorry I couldn't help myself, *tehee*" -Finale-
Apr 25, 2017 12:36 PM
Aug 2014
Excuse me while I vomit with unease because I'm already attached to like every character.
Apr 25, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah this is definitely my favorite of the season. Please take care of me Shuumatsu, I think I'm going to have a great and feels filled experience with you <3 I just enjoy this so much! It's so beautiful ;v; We are only 3 episodes in but gosh I love it
Apr 25, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2016
This is so good! I don't understand when people say that this season is week, we have alot of sequels and atleast 3 good new ones: This one, Re:creators and Rokudashi.

Anyways sweet episode, Wilhem really is an intresting character, let's hope that the battle goes well!
Apr 25, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
FireFistYamaan said:
This is so good! I don't understand when people say that this season is week,

Because beyond this, bahamut and Kado there's literally nothing good?

FireFistYamaan said:
Re:creators and Rokudashi.

lolno
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

463 by burjl14 »»
Oct 15, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Jun 18, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.