Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, new transfer student....RyuZU looks good in her school outfit.

Episode was okay but I'm still not getting into the mood of the story much yet. Granted, Marie snapped and showed a more fragile side of her. I honestly want to know more about Marie as this show progresses.

I hope Marie will okay from now on as she is a determined girl.
That destined encounter with RyuZU at the trains station though.
Apr 13, 2017 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Marie was very likable this episode.

Good to see that the two groups finally meet each other because it's somewhat jarring always jumping from serious 'I don't want 20 million people to die Marie' to 'here's some Ryuzu jokes'!
Apr 13, 2017 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
Slightly better episode than the first one. The military is going to conduct a purge that will kill 20 million people and Marie will do anything to stop it. She snapped in the elevator. She then encountered RyuZU at the train station.
Apr 13, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't stand another episode of this, dropped. This anime is just dumb, I liked the idea of the 'cyberpunk' setting but the characters, their designs and especially the dialogues are awful.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 13, 2017 1:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Marie is the type of character that I can get behind and I hope that she can succeed with saving the city, but quite frankly, RyuZu stole the show again lol

>RyuZu YourSlave

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, she is the first condescending character that I actually love and why is so damn hot and just straight up cute >.<

Also, based off that slight flashback, was RyuZu possibly a human before? (Like, was she that black haired girl?)
Apr 13, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Decent episode, i think it will get much more interesting next episode. Ryuzu is a cutie <3
Btw anyone watches this for dat boy Halter? He is pretty cool, that tie fix at the end <3 feel bad for him having to bear the unbearable tsundere. Even so i love their relationship.
Apr 13, 2017 1:18 PM

May 2015
Can you see that ecchi scene coming every fucking episode, because I do and I'm already bored.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2017 1:26 PM

Dec 2016
Another very good episode, we learned quite a bit.

RyuZU at school was funny. I thought some punks might come up to Naoto and the same thing would happen as last week where RyuZU beats them up.

Marie & Halter kicked ass in this episode.

Looking forward to another action packed episode next time.
Apr 13, 2017 1:36 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode.. RyuZU looked good in school outfit... New transfer student RyuZU YourSlave :D :D

Apr 13, 2017 1:59 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent episode I guess.

Hopefully Marie's attempt to save the city goes well.

RyuZU in class was absolutely gold and her at the dress shop she was so damn adorable. <3
Apr 13, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Loved how Marie treated that solider like the dog that he is. Hated that guy from the first episode.

Again RyuZU did it. From the moment she was walking with Naoto that she was going to transfer but still, "RyuZU YourSlave" that was funny. RyuZU at the clothing shop was cute.

Looking forward for next week to see what solution they will come up with for the clock problem.

LeoApr 13, 2017 2:06 PM

Apr 13, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
Also, based off that slight flashback, was RyuZu possibly a human before? (Like, was she that black haired girl?)

Apr 13, 2017 2:51 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Well wasn't that bad at least improved from the first one

Apr 13, 2017 3:12 PM

Jan 2017
The author of the source for this anime is the same as my favorite; No Game No Life. That said I am quite dissapointed so far with this story and characters.

We have green hair kid who is pretty boring so far, incredibly cliche anime kid with some hidden talent #2832. Incredibly cliche blond girl who is arrogant but cares. Buff bodyguard man who it seems at this stage they forgot to design and decided a man in a plain suit will be fine (hoping he gets a new look some time). Finally we have RyuZU with the only sort of effort seeming to be put into her character at this point, but she has so many similarities to existing tropes its hard to say she really sticks out as her own character yet. I like her automaton art style and her inner workings vibe but that's about it.

The story is also so vague. How old is this world? How has it not changed in 1000 years. 1000 years ago on earth we had bows and swords were the pinnacle of human invention. I am giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming that all of these things will be answered but everything seems a bit sloppy story wise; with the characters, factions, motivations.

I really want this to be good, because I loved the authors other work, but after the second episode I am still not interested in this series. I will watch it to completion and hope it gets a lot better.

Oh and just reminding everyone of the cringiest anime moment this year, the finger sucking scene last episode. Never have I seen some disgusting attempt at ecchi fan service so out of place in my life. Maybe cringiest anime moment of all time, but I feel I still have plenty more to see yet to award it that title. The show really needs to work hard to reclaim itself after that incident.
Apr 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2010
Still having doubts about this, the blond girl seems somewhat ok but the green haired boy is annoying, i can't bring myself to like him.
The blond girl also seems to be a bit to full of herself and the part where she was set up seemed obvious.
Anyway this anime could improve on a lot of things but i don't think it's bad.
Apr 13, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2016
The second episode was clearly better than the first one. Sadly, the characters still feel bland, especially Naoto. What I am most interested in is more world building. We nearly know nothing about the planet and the specific reason why it was mechanized in the first place. Just saying the world died does not satisfy me. Hopefully the series will deliver on that front in future episodes
Apr 13, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2017
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the light novel but I'm starting to feel that the show is getting a bit draggy... its like there needs to be the obligatory transfer student scene and an obligatory pushing RyuZu down scene.

Good that the action picks up in the next episode but those who read the novel knows that its not like some Naruto vs Sasuke epic battle. I hope they manage to make something simple look exciting like Death Note.. but I'm not really that optimistic given the first two episodes. Happy to be proven wrong.

Wish there were more of RyuZu's sharp tongue.
Apr 13, 2017 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
Wow...this just...wow. So far my vibes off this show amounts to horrible tropes and a half-baked plot with cringeworthy fanservice moments. I mean, I'm hoping this shit picks up but so far it's just a borderline drop for me. Like I literally only see value in this series for RyuZu with her sharp-tongue and condescending attitude otherwise it's just horrible. It's better off being a slice-of-life show with RyuZu and the shota as the main characters as opposed to being whatever the hell it is. I'm hoping episode 3 changes my mind.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 13, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
I can't wait for the next episode where the shit really starts. I could care less about the blonde girl and the rest, I just want more Ryuzu screentime.
よろしく!
Apr 13, 2017 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
The best part of the episode was at the clothes store, RyuZU trying on new clothes. :)
Apr 13, 2017 8:36 PM
May 2016
This episode shows everything right and wrong about this anime and how the wrong makes everything right disappeared.

Clockwork Planet has a decent soundtrack and voice acting, if you listen carefully. However, the majority of the anime is just piss poor lazy. For example, the elevator scene where Marie breaks down, her animation is just throwing lifeless straight punches, which makes the scene for me, meh. If a proper studio animate this scene, they would rather have Marie knocking the elevator doors and Vainney's chest to show desperation, anger and hopelessness more effectively.

XEBEC should have spent more effort on this freaking anime.
You're a stupid weeaboo grow up
Apr 13, 2017 8:40 PM

Oct 2012
I'm enjoying Marie, and Naoto is meh to me right now, but looks like next ep that might change.
Pretty much a buildup ep for next week, I'm pretty excited to see how it goes for them.

Seems there'll be a bit of a moment between RyuZU and Naoto next ep, which I can't say I'm not excited for. Though from the OP it seems something will happen to RyuZU? Unless I'm reading into it too much.
Also wondering when AnchoR will get introduced

This show is a lot like Lance 'n Masques with how I enjoy it despite seeing how lackluster the quality is at times.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 13, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2015
Yup, it really fun teasing Princess so far. Damn you, Halter. >_<
And about RyuZU going to school, that's pretty much expected. Since she is "The one that follows". But to be blushed like that, smile seems pretty common for RyuZU. I wonder if she will learn to shriek next time.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 13, 2017 9:01 PM

Dec 2015
Another crap episode. Marie's "breakdown" in the elevator would've been at least moving if she wasn't a little brat.

Naoto is still a dumb brat, and I don't see myself ever liking him. As for RyuZU...I don't know how to feel about her, especially her surname. I have the feeling this anime was made by kids.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 13, 2017 9:25 PM

Sep 2016
joe_g7 said:
Another crap episode. Marie's "breakdown" in the elevator would've been at least moving if she wasn't a little brat.

Naoto is still a dumb brat, and I don't see myself ever liking him. As for RyuZU...I don't know how to feel about her, especially her surname. I have the feeling this anime was made by kids.

That is exactly what i think of this anime. I think i am done with this one.

dropped 4/10

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Apr 13, 2017 9:30 PM

Jun 2014
Still not really feeling this show, I found this episode to be marginally better than episode 1. Hopefully episode 3 can change things and improve.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 13, 2017 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
people can keep bashing this animu
but I actually enjoyed it
I like the setting
and that was a decent episode
Apr 13, 2017 11:20 PM

Oct 2011
20 million. ...purge omg
Apr 13, 2017 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
I really like the LN, but the story feel a bit rushed and character animation is very bad. Honestly, i can only enjoyed the soundtrack and voice acting.
Apr 13, 2017 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
Well this was better than the first episode I guess.

RyuZU YourSlave xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't care anything else I'll keep watching this for RyuZU.
Apr 14, 2017 12:19 AM

Jun 2013
i'm not really feeling this one
Apr 14, 2017 1:58 AM

May 2009
2Dculture said:
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the light novel but I'm starting to feel that the show is getting a bit draggy... its like there needs to be the obligatory transfer student scene and an obligatory pushing RyuZu down scene.

Good that the action picks up in the next episode but those who read the novel knows that its not like some Naruto vs Sasuke epic battle. I hope they manage to make something simple look exciting like Death Note.. but I'm not really that optimistic given the first two episodes. Happy to be proven wrong.

Wish there were more of RyuZu's sharp tongue.

Well, I hope you did considering how they butchered the story so far. xD
I feel like someone explained the story to the one making the script, who didn't read the original source and try to replicate it from what he heard, haha. xD
Like, episode 1, they messed up the point of the first scene, they messed up Naoto's introduction, they messed up RyuZU's repairing and so on... xD
At least, I can still watch it for the gears and the VA.
Apr 14, 2017 3:08 AM

May 2016
Outfit fetish ? That's ma boi. RyuZU is so damn cute. We know what will happen next because it was showed at the beginning of episode 1.
Apr 14, 2017 5:14 AM

Nov 2014
Imbalanced said:
Can you see that ecchi scene coming every fucking episode, because I do and I'm already bored.

Come on it is called Cockwork Planet, what else could you expect?
Apr 14, 2017 5:39 AM

May 2015
Choostopher said:
Imbalanced said:

Come on it is called Cockwork Planet, what else could you expect?

I thought it was only a bait to give us some deep show...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2009
Better than the first episode I guess, but mostly because Xebec just seems to be bad at fighting scenes. To much "plot" though =X
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 14, 2017 7:30 AM

Apr 2017
Honestly... As a transfer student... Ryuzu nailed her self introduction part... xD

>>YourSlave<< hahaha..

Such a gentleman Halter assuring his tough STUD body while Marie gives a lot of tantrums. while she hit her for more than 10 times .. well both are not in a good mood...

RyuZu in a normal... outfit... KYahh (Stay calm)

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 14, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
The introduction of Ryuzu was quite funny, but that's one of the only thing I liked
This anime is a little slow to meh
❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Apr 14, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Alright episode, but nothing really special so far.
Apr 14, 2017 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
better than the first episode but still not that good
next episode looks interesting :)
Apr 14, 2017 9:35 AM

Sep 2013
Everything is to fck over marie's family and that breakdown :(
Ryuzu and naoto school and clothes shopping.
Apr 14, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2016
This show is weird for me because I am well aware of all the things that do not work about the show and why I should probably just drop it and not look back, yet something keeps me wanting to watch it. Maybe it's just the fact that this world just interests me inherently even without developing it much, I dunno. But for whatever reason, I don't want to drop this even though I'm painfully aware of it's problems.
MaskOfIceApr 14, 2017 1:41 PM
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 14, 2017 2:40 PM

Aug 2016
Really enjoyed this episode, can't wait for more :D
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 14, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2008
Marie's body proportions look like they're all the place.

Despite how incredibly obvious the entirety of the episode was, it was at least better than the first episode if only by a very little bit. Could do without Naoto's daily life stuff, he seems to be the weakest part of the show.
Apr 14, 2017 11:21 PM

Oct 2013
As I said back in episode 1

"Yorha Unit Type Y Number 1 - RyuZu"

kek, that Automata is funny af.
I'll keep watching this anime just for her, and for Mr. Straight Shota.

Apr 15, 2017 1:34 AM

Jun 2012
The animation was awful and the story seemed all over the place, the girl had what 3 breakdowns? And they seemed so hollow. By the way, what is the deal with the girl gun? She shoots inside the elevator, makes a small hole... Shots a giant plataform and it tilts!?
Apr 15, 2017 1:44 AM

Oct 2008
the 2 duo finally met...just like destiny or fate...
now they just need to fix the clock parts to prevent the Kyoto Purge.
3/5.

Apr 15, 2017 2:41 AM

Aug 2013
The art and animation is just horrible once again..
There's a lot the anime could have gone without like those slice of life-ish and melodrama scenes thought seriously.
Is it even suppose to be touching ? -__- Try to be a hero, fail, cry, breakdown, laugh, recovers... rinse and repeat. *facepalm*
The only saving grace is the osts.. so awkward how the rest totally ruins the good mood the music gave.
Stop repeating we already know its 20 million lives, you're making it backfire by being a broken recorder.
If I were to try and nitpick there would be endless things to complain about.

I still don't know if the mc that can't fix normal gears is actually a pro.
Will find out next episode I guess.

Lambdaa-Apr 15, 2017 2:44 AM
Apr 15, 2017 4:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that the military would try to purge the city to deal with the problem though.
Of course the military would try to stop Marie from stopping their ambitious and over the top plan. lol underestimating Marie is the last thing you should do. Man the guys from the military are just so arrogant. Hmm so the meisters are the people that repair the city eh. Since the military are trying to destroy the city its only right that they are the ones that will be the ones that stopping them. Man the military really are trying to deal with the situation quickly aren't they. Too quickly i think. Even at the cost of 20 million people the military is still willing to purge it to deal with a anomaly eh. Its always about face for people like the military eh. 20 hours to fix it before the end eh. Man thats not a lot of time. Lol Ryu's mouth is pretty sharp with her comments and observations though. Its hillarious to see how this affects Naoto though.
Nauto's ability to sense imperfections though really is amazing in that he's able to sense just how far away the source is. Though Ryu is better in that she is able to tell the exact location though. Hmm since both Ryu and the planet was designed by Y she is able to tell exactly where the problem is eh. Thats amazing.

Nauto really looks up to the meisters then eh. Given his interest in fixing things its to be expected. Lol Ryu's bard against meisters who weren't able to repair her while Naoto can. Hmm so Ryu was built a long time ago then eh. Given that the military control the towers using an outside line is the only way to get word out to others. Hmm but it seems that the comms guy is also a bad guy as well. Hmm so even before the military have already began to take action against the meisters in the city to stop them from taking action that will stop their plan. Hmm descending 30,000 meters eh. Well times ticking after all. Lol well Nauto and Ryu would draw a lot of attention since she is so beautiful and gorgeous after all. Plus it will be strange that she will be with Nauto as well. Lol well to better serve Nauto Ryu has to transfer into his class as a transfer student. Lol her introduction to the class though. Ryu looks good in that uniform though lol.

Lol Marie's bodyguard really is funny though. Hmm things for Marie sure got more action packed as she encountered hostile robots. Looks like the military is putting out all the stops to stop the meisters from stopping their plans eh. Hmm the bodyguard is adapt at hand to hand combat eh. He really has some impressive strength though but im guessing that he has cybernetic components built into him. Marie's skills as a meister is no joke though. To be able to determine how to reactivate that machine and doing so while under that much pressure. Thats impressive. I wonder how many others they have to restart though as they only have 18 hours to go. Well given Ryu's beauty Nauto won't get any positive feelings from his classmates at all. To someone like Ryu who's lived for a 1000 years i guess things should have been different to her. Man they really have to check a lot of parts if they hope to find the anomaly. You really need a miracle to find this though and in time too.

9 hours to stop it in time man its going to be tight. The problem is the sheer number of parts that they have to check for defects though. Its simply impossible to check that many given the amount of time left. For a human anyway. So Ryu actually belonged to Marie's company then eh. Faced with such a daunting task and with so few time left it will be surprising if Marie would not be worried. Its nice that Marie isn't giving up that easily though. Lol Ryu looks cute when she's blushing though. Very human like. But its nice that Nauto treats Ryu like a human being and not like a automaton though. So it seems that Marie's boss really was in league with the military. 20 million people is a regrettable sacrifice eh. To think things would end up like this though. To find that the person that you have been working for is actually working with the military and their plan of mass murder. Marie's blaming herself way too much to much though. Even without her the military would still conduct their plan anyway. To them innocent people's lives mean nothing to them. Still after her venting at least Marie is back to her old self though. Marie's bodyguard really is loyal to her eh. Hmm so Nauto and Ryu and Marie finally meet. I look forward to seeing what happens next episode.

Apr 15, 2017 6:13 AM

Oct 2014
SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
so slooooooooooow

lel yourslave.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.