Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 26, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed it but can not understand how it was at the top 8s and now it is not even 7.5.

Are viewers being biased or thinking this is some sort of shoujo, shonen black butler style.

Can someone please explain why they have rated this show poorly ?

I feel like viewers are missing something or lack to enjoy a nice decent series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2017 1:51 PM
Mar 26, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2015
People are tired of generic harems
Also they expected a revenge story and not another cliched story about hate turn to love ...
Mar 26, 2017 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
_Ako_ said:
Why?

Because Neko ship sunk. That's why.

I do like Neko but from the 1st episode, it was already decide who the main female cast so if that was the case people should of stopped. I assume they were expecting a twist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2017 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:
Why?

I never actually supported Neko in terms of shippings to be completely honest.

On Topic: Mostly because of the Introduction of the Fakemune. I didn't personally mind it to say the very least but at the same time it did dipped down for me a little.

tragedydesu said:
Also they expected a revenge story and not another cliched story about hate turn to love ...

The second I can also see that (for me the first complained doesn't go for me because well... you know me, I don't mind cliches as long as the execution or how its delivered is enough to make me like it) because Masamune at the end pretty much threw that out of the window... then again in the manga later on from what I was told it makes sense, although some people said it was poorly done.
Mar 26, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2013
tragedydesu said:

I believe generic harems is like Infinite Stratos or Nisekoi which is the type of anime where the guy is a pussy and the show just drags on to make out a kiss scene. On the other hand, this show was different at least there were couple of kiss scenes and the main guy wasn't dumb. In addition, I haven't read the manga/LN but assume it is not completed so there is continuation
Mar 26, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
@Renaultclio101 @Symphyon

Why u no ship Neko?

no pantsu > pink pantsu

Anyway, yeah I agree that the ship has been set from the start. But, well Neko just reminds me of Tachibana for some reason so....

I have the feeling that I will ship it from the end... Then the ship sunk... then I said to myself "of course, Tachibana lost".

tragedydesu said:

Lol... I agree to this one. The series was quite chill to watch though. I find myself laughing every time Masamune fails the pick-up lines he said to Aki... xD
Mar 26, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:

Why u no ship Neko?

no pantsu > pink pantsu

Anyway, yeah I agree that the ship has been set from the start. But, well Neko just reminds me of Tachibana for some reason so....

I have the feeling that I will ship it from the end... Then the ship sunk... then I said to myself "of course, Tachibana lost".

I mean in all honesty I like Neko, I won't deny that I do like her... I just don't personally ship her with Masamune. I think the reason why she reminds you of Tachibana is more of the personality trait or a quirk to say the least. Maybe one of the two.
Mar 26, 2017 2:11 PM
Oct 2012
Renaultclio101 said:
Are viewers being biased or thinking this is some sort of shoujo, shonen black butler style.

Because they made the two main characters too likeable and still obviously in love too fast. It took all the drama out of the situation. You can't have a harem when the outcome is clear from episode one, and there was nothing else interesting about to make the journal to the eventual conclusion worthwhile.

"Kagura Wants to be Confessed To" coming up soon is pretty similar, I will be curious to see how that turns out.
Mar 26, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2015
Symphyon said:
_Ako_ said:

Why u no ship Neko?

no pantsu > pink pantsu

I mean in all honesty I like Neko, I won't deny that I do like her... I just don't personally ship her with Masamune. I think the reason why she reminds you of Tachibana is more of the personality trait or a quirk to say the least. Maybe one of the two.

Yup.. Personality wise, Neko reminds me of Tachibana...

But, well, everything will be according to my plan in my wildest dreams, so... yeah...

Now, that I know what happens after the school festival, I can finally read the manga...
Mar 26, 2017 2:14 PM

Mar 2016
Because NTR, and people are sensitive to that . On top of that, it ends right in the middle of the arc with no resolution. Neko ship sunk and other things like that. Though i think she's best girl, i'm not the type who gets salty over ships and lowers scores, but some people will.
Personally, I also found the internal monologues overused . Some cringey stuff here and there. This is also a manga issue, but the plot dragged out, and bringing in an imposter isn't the best to go about dragging it.
@_ako_ we need more no pantsu girls
Shishou_23Mar 26, 2017 2:25 PM
Mar 26, 2017 2:20 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
DAAAAMN THAT SCORE DROPPED SO HARD LOL
Looks like i did a good choice dropping it.
Mar 26, 2017 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
_Ako_ said:

Why u no ship Neko?

no pantsu > pink pantsu

tragedydesu said:

Lol... I agree to this one. The series was quite chill to watch though. I find myself laughing every time Masamune fails the pick-up lines he said to Aki... xD

I must admit I do like Aki and Neko, to be fair I won't mind picking either and Neko's story was actually touching. I was actually hoping for them to ship
Mar 26, 2017 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Because they made the two main characters too likeable and still obviously in love too fast. It took all the drama out of the situation. You can't have a harem when the outcome is clear from episode one, and there was nothing else interesting about to make the journal to the eventual conclusion worthwhile.

"Kagura Wants to be Confessed To" coming up soon is pretty similar, I will be curious to see how that turns out.

Isn't that what Romance anime is all about, having that 1 main male character and 1 femalle character then the two overcoming hardships until the end. You can only find those sort of plot from older series such as https://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien -
Mar 26, 2017 2:45 PM

Sep 2015
I didn't like it because I wanted a harem and got some dumb narcissistic shit failing to make basic, common sense choices for 99% of the anime :V And it was a guy. It'd be different if it was a cute girl. But it's a guy.

disappointing, they had some gud girls to work with too

Mar 26, 2017 2:47 PM
Dec 2014
For me it was the final episode that hard dropped my rating, really enjoyed it until that.
Mar 26, 2017 2:52 PM

Aug 2016
it's a generic romance harem that set up this grand plot of getting revenge on aki yet ended with no resolution and spends the last ep with a karaoke party. Neko is basically a marika tachibana clone and the rest of the characters in the show are bland as far as depth is concerned. Masamune was alright as far as harem MC's are concerned but that really isn't saying much.

Also the final arc was just ridiculous to say the least.
Random guy who looks like masamune if he was fat and has masamune as a "nickname" shows zero proof to aki that they in fact were childhood friends and gets her to fall in love with him. If aki just asked him one personal question from her childhood, he's screwed.

The show just ended up being a derailed mess with bland, unoriginal characters.

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Mar 26, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
Manaban said:
I didn't like it because I wanted a harem and got some dumb narcissistic shit failing to make basic, common sense choices for 99% of the anime :V And it was a guy. It'd be different if it was a cute girl. But it's a guy.

Yeah I agree with you, it was one of the drawbacks of the series. I thought it was watching a shoujo anime lol
Mar 26, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
Jordzaahh said:
For me it was the final episode that hard dropped my rating, really enjoyed it until that.

Why was the final episode a disappointment?

I just finished it as I like to watch it once it finishes airing and noticed the score had really plummeted
Mar 26, 2017 3:12 PM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:

You certainly did do yourself a favor by dropping it, the finale was underwhelming and anticlimactic, and the show overall was lame (but I'm sure you already knew that since, you know...you dropped it lol).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 26, 2017 3:16 PM

Apr 2016
Generic Tsundere
Generic Kudere
Generic loli
Generic harem
Retarded MC
MC commanded by everyone

FAT CHICK !!!

OP you cant like this harem bulshit and then go and say Nisekoi is bad lol.
Mar 26, 2017 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
AnimoosFromChina said:
it's a generic romance harem that set up this grand plot of getting revenge on aki yet ended with no resolution and spends the last ep with a karaoke party. Neko is basically a marika tachibana clone and the rest of the characters in the show are bland as far as depth is concerned. Masamune was alright as far as harem MC's are concerned but that really isn't saying much.

Also the final arc was just ridiculous to say the least.
Random guy who looks like masamune if he was fat and has masamune as a "nickname" shows zero proof to aki that they in fact were childhood friends and gets her to fall in love with him. If aki just asked him one personal question from her childhood, he's screwed.

The show just ended up being a derailed mess with bland, unoriginal characters.

I think the revenge continues as the manga/LN probably is still going. The Karaoke party was hinting between Neko vs Aki over the main guy. To be fair I didn't think the characters were bland at all, they had a back story and somewhat character development.

I agree with the fat guy who looks like the Main character and reminds me of Accel world which it lacks in that area and I was hoping it would of got resolved within the 12 episodes.
Mar 26, 2017 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
DatRandomDude said:

You certainly did do yourself a favor by dropping it, the finale was underwhelming and anticlimactic, and the show overall was lame (but I'm sure you already knew that since, you know...you dropped it lol).

Shouldn't of dropped it or else Masamune-kun is going to now go on a revenge hunt. It was one of those decent romance,harem anime than the usual Nisekoi or Infinite stratos. Think of the episodes where the main guy is a pussy and couldn't make a kiss move which drags on and does not happen
Mar 26, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2013
The ending sucked balls that's why

Also it stopped being a revenge story at what, episode 3-4, so that blew
Mar 26, 2017 4:22 PM

Mar 2017
I liked it but my gawd, what a shitty ending.
Mar 26, 2017 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
Swagernator said:
Generic Tsundere
Generic Kudere
Generic loli
Generic harem
Retarded MC
MC commanded by everyone

FAT CHICK !!!

OP you cant like this harem bulshit and then go and say Nisekoi is bad lol.

lol I am just saying Nisekoi has higher rating and that anime had the generic harem romance anime. If I remember all they performed was a in-direct kiss and it took 1 episode to give a bag of cookies. On the other hand, this series just does it without any pausing or stuttering. I don't think the MC is an idiot as he knows what he is doing compared to Ichika from Infinite stratos
Mar 26, 2017 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
laCloud said:

D_Dog said:

I agree the ending wasn't that great but still likeable anime.
Mar 26, 2017 4:55 PM

Oct 2015
It was pretty obvious the revenge plot was going to fail, but it failed really hard. There was no real effort on the MC side to make any of it succeed. Besides that, after the Neko arc, everything was really half-assed and cliched. Then you also have all the supporting cast, who are one dimensional. Any type of fleshing out was quickly abandoned and never brought up again.

Kissing the girl means nothing when everything reverts back to the way they were before. The MC is as lame as it gets because he clings to the guise that he is only doing this for revenge.
Mar 26, 2017 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
The end could be seen from a mile away and the whole trip to it wasn't even the least entertaining. I only enjoyed the first 3-4 episodes before I started getting annoyed by Masamune. And Masamune IS an idiot, he literally panicked and screamed inside his head every freaking episode, also he fell for the girl he was supposed to take revenge on.
joe_g7Mar 26, 2017 5:08 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 26, 2017 5:34 PM

May 2009
I don't think it's low. It's still above five....sadly.
Mar 26, 2017 7:03 PM

Dec 2008
Definitely the last episode made me drop the rating.
Mar 26, 2017 7:25 PM

Mar 2017
Renaultclio101 said:
I enjoyed it but can not understand how it was at the top 8s and now it is not even 7.5.

A good lighthearted rom-com needs good characters you'll root for. The problem is that the shows lacks that. A lot. Forgive me for I'll just be quoting parts of my review on the series.

The characters are of so little note and lack even the most basic character development that much of the show’s drama relies on external circumstances to wreck havoc. There’s nothing that makes you root for any of them. You have no investment in any of their actions because you know squat diddly what’s in it for them and how it will change them. Even the eponymous revenge you’ll eventually find hard to care because there’s no sense of stake on how it affects the MC or the female lead, other than well putting the female lead, a right bitch, in her place. That’s it for most of the show’s runtime. You get a glimpse who Aki is so late into the story that it doesn’t even matter anymore because by then you’d like nothing more than to make sweet love to her lovely empty head with the business end of a pike.

Stage 4 Plot-itis is probably the most likable character, to the point where you’re left wondering what’s a girl like her doing in a show like this. She’s also the most pointless one introduced. Yes, even more than obese monkey wrench. The purpose of Stage 4 Plot-itis is that she represents a way out for the MC -this sweet, soft-spoken, pretty girl who’s going out of her way to make her intentions known and all he has to do is give up on his revenge. But the way she was introduced and the cagey defense of the MC about the circumstances of their encounter only adds unnecessary friction and drama. It feels like the author was just throwing obstacles after obstacles to the main pairing and the characters involved are handed the temporary idiot ball to deliberately make the obstacle worse. And if they actually developed Futaba to be Aki’s competition, Stage 4 Plot-itis could be safely written out and the show could proceed with its drama, but this time coming from the characters themselves as their motivations, dreams, hopes, and feelings collide.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 26, 2017 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, IMHO, it should be around 7.5 Mal score to be fair.Now recent most new popular
shows having more controversy than before.It will be interesting to see what will happen to people's reaction to AOTs2. I am sure I will see,"Oh this is the most overrated show..blah blah etc".
Mar 27, 2017 2:40 AM

Jul 2013
siradix said:
It was pretty obvious the revenge plot was going to fail, but it failed really hard. There was no real effort on the MC side to make any of it succeed. Besides that, after the Neko arc, everything was really half-assed and cliched. Then you also have all the supporting cast, who are one dimensional. Any type of fleshing out was quickly abandoned and never brought up again.

Kissing the girl means nothing when everything reverts back to the way they were before. The MC is as lame as it gets because he clings to the guise that he is only doing this for revenge.

Maybe because it is following manga/LN and it is at the early stages until the plot deepens. I seem to think everyone wants to dive into the middle of the scene and expect Masamune to say revenge and then it ends there.

Regarding to kiss scene ,similar anime series will make a huge deal just to make a "Kiss-scene" and either it is a indirect kiss or it is just a bluff which nothing happens and gets the viewers hyped up.

joe_g7 said:
The end could be seen from a mile away and the whole trip to it wasn't even the least entertaining. I only enjoyed the first 3-4 episodes before I started getting annoyed by Masamune. And Masamune IS an idiot, he literally panicked and screamed inside his head every freaking episode, also he fell for the girl he was supposed to take revenge on.

At first I thought the same but on the other hand it showed hows inside emotions and reactions if he was really pissed and what he really wanted to do. I feel like maybe later in the stages it will happen but for now I think he is still trying to deepen the bonds and yeah I would like to see a revenge then a sweet ending

Hachiko75 said:
I don't think it's low. It's still above five....sadly.

Though it was a pretty strong 7-8 then it plummeted and being a 5 is pretty low/average in my books and I don't think it really deserve a 7.26 but probably in the mid 7.5 or higher.

AniMeriiFreak said:
Definitely the last episode made me drop the rating.

Yes thats true as it seems to me it was a bit rushed and the chubby lookalike guy just got thrown over to the side at the end of the Karoke party where he did not even carry out his plan or get pissed.

le_halfhand_easy said:

A good lighthearted rom-com needs good characters you'll root for. The problem is that the shows lacks that. A lot. Forgive me for I'll just be quoting parts of my review on the series.

The characters are of so little note and lack even the most basic character development that much of the show’s drama relies on external circumstances to wreck havoc. There’s nothing that makes you root for any of them. You have no investment in any of their actions because you know squat diddly what’s in it for them and how it will change them. Even the eponymous revenge you’ll eventually find hard to care because there’s no sense of stake on how it affects the MC or the female lead, other than well putting the female lead, a right bitch, in her place. That’s it for most of the show’s runtime. You get a glimpse who Aki is so late into the story that it doesn’t even matter anymore because by then you’d like nothing more than to make sweet love to her lovely empty head with the business end of a pike.

Stage 4 Plot-itis is probably the most likable character, to the point where you’re left wondering what’s a girl like her doing in a show like this. She’s also the most pointless one introduced. Yes, even more than obese monkey wrench. The purpose of Stage 4 Plot-itis is that she represents a way out for the MC -this sweet, soft-spoken, pretty girl who’s going out of her way to make her intentions known and all he has to do is give up on his revenge. But the way she was introduced and the cagey defense of the MC about the circumstances of their encounter only adds unnecessary friction and drama. It feels like the author was just throwing obstacles after obstacles to the main pairing and the characters involved are handed the temporary idiot ball to deliberately make the obstacle worse. And if they actually developed Futaba to be Aki’s competition, Stage 4 Plot-itis could be safely written out and the show could proceed with its drama, but this time coming from the characters themselves as their motivations, dreams, hopes, and feelings collide.

I actually felt like rooting for Aki and Neko since their personality and the actions have changed a bit from the start. I believe this will surely change when the LN/manga goes to the next stage.

Regarding to stage-4, I agree that Neko is a likable character and the author or anime director who has thrown this in the series is to show us that Masamune is walking a path where if he was to continue his revenge then it will lead to somewhere where he may feel unhappy/lonely. This was back at the hospital scene. This happens alot in the same anime category as there will always be 1 main female and 1 male character surround with other 2nd female characters.

At the end of episode 12, I feel like the characters have changed a bit and the revenge will be carried out and the after effects of Masamune. Though I don't hope it drags on just to make one revenge and end the story. I assume the title "revenge" is the main plot so once the revenge is over then the whole story is done

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanMar 27, 2017 4:18 PM
Mar 27, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 2009
Because the show never went anywhere.
Mar 27, 2017 3:22 AM
Dec 2014
Symphyon said:
_Ako_ said:
Why?

I never actually supported Neko in terms of shippings to be completely honest.

On Topic: Mostly because of the Introduction of the Fakemune. I didn't personally mind it to say the very least but at the same time it did dipped down for me a little.

tragedydesu said:

The second I can also see that (for me the first complained doesn't go for me because well... you know me, I don't mind cliches as long as the execution or how its delivered is enough to make me like it) because Masamune at the end pretty much threw that out of the window... then again in the manga later on from what I was told it makes sense, although some people said it was poorly done.

People who say that "it was poorly done" don't know what they're talking about. I can't imagine what the series will be if we didn't have the antagonist named "Gasou Kanetsugu". They are idiots who say that Fakemune served no purpose when we clearly see that he's there to personify "what Makabe and Aki could've been if they dated in the past". It also let us confirm if Aki really still has feelings for her childhood Masamune and how deeply inlove she still is without having Makabe reveal himself as the real Masamune to her.

He's the necessary evil and without him this series will devolve into a cliche type romcom where Aki will be tsundere and reject Makabe just to prolong the story.

I bet they just wanted him to end up with the maid which is an utter asspull if it happens in my opinion. Makabe x Yoshino had 0 build up and it if comes up out of nowhere then I'll be severely disappointed.

They also say that the plot dragged out? I'm not really a writer so I don't know how to judge this but I feel like everything that happened within the story is necessary for the plot.

Renaultclio101 said:
laCloud said:

D_Dog said:

I agree the ending wasn't that great but still likeable anime.

The ending is really disappointing if you are a manga reader. The first half is great, the second half is also pretty ok but compared to what they should've put there it'll really makes my blood boil.
Mar 27, 2017 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
Renaultclio101 said:
what are you talking about?
Renaultclio101 said:
I enjoyed the series but I can't lie to myself when it honestly just felt like a average show
better than SNAFU at least I guess
Mar 27, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 2017
Because shit started going downhill at halfway point really.
And that ending helped too.
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Mar 27, 2017 3:31 AM
Dec 2014
Manaban said:

Actually given the same circumstances I'd probably be panicky like Masamune too... Sorry for not having common sense... I think it's more realistic for him to act this way given that he has 0 experience with girls, he has low self-esteem, and he has trust issues.

siradix said:

Why are you assuming the revenge failed? The story isn't even over yet.

Also, Why are you assuming everything reverted back to the way they were before?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanMar 27, 2017 4:19 PM
Mar 27, 2017 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
Mormegil said:
Because the show never went anywhere.

well that's partial right but the relationship did develop in someway and that Aki has opened her heart a bit towards the main character. Lets not forget that the LN/manga has not finished yet so it is expected to wait
Mar 27, 2017 4:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
1. The original premise was completely wasted and it became nothing but a generic harem instead
2. The plot never fucking went anywhere
3. Pretty much all the characters were terrible, especially Aki
4. The only interesting episode of the anime (episode 8) had all its potential amount to absolutely nothing in the remaining episodes
5. The final arc was terrible, Aki's "guardians" were annoying as hell and the whole plot development with Gasou was ridiculously contrived
6. Incredibly unsatisfying open ending with a traditional kiss interruption to leave it off
7. Despite deciding to waste the revenge premise for the sake of making it a romance anime, ultimately there was almost no relationship progression at all in the entire show
Mar 27, 2017 4:46 AM

Jul 2013
Deknijff said:
what are you talking about?

Renaultclio101 said:
I enjoyed the series but I can't lie to myself when it honestly just felt like a average show
better than SNAFU at least I guess

What I meant was the score rating system is pretty much screwed on MAL considering many similar romance anime which falls into this category is rated higher and the expectations of viewers is unique demanding.

Snafu and this is both good in their own ways but the main character in SNAFU makes it more enjoyable and the plot. On the other hand, looking at your list, it is filled with the typical newb starter anime pack such as Clannad which is overrated combined with shakuan no shana and zero.
Mar 27, 2017 5:04 AM

Mar 2017
Renaultclio101 said:

At the end of episode 12, I feel like the characters have changed a bit and the revenge will be carried out and the after effects of Masamune. Though I don't hope it drags on just to make one revenge and end the story. I assume the title "revenge" is the main plot so once the revenge is over then the whole story is done

Oh my sweet summer child. There will be no revenge. The story set itself up so that the MC will fall for one of the least interesting female leads in rom-com.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 27, 2017 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
AnjuRatty said:
Because shit started going downhill at halfway point really.
And that ending helped too.

Nope but maybe at the ending it was a bit of disappointment though I still enjoyed the overall series. I will be re watching it some point but the guy obsessing his body is a no no
Mar 27, 2017 5:44 AM
Dec 2014
HaXXspetten said:
1. The original premise was completely wasted and it became nothing but a generic harem instead
4. The only interesting episode of the anime (episode 8) had all its potential amount to absolutely nothing in the remaining episodes
5. The final arc was terrible, Aki's "guardians" were annoying as hell and the whole plot development with Gasou was ridiculously contrived
6. Incredibly unsatisfying open ending with a traditional kiss interruption to leave it off
7. Despite deciding to waste the revenge premise for the sake of making it a romance anime, ultimately there was almost no relationship progression at all in the entire show

I don't know your definition of generic but I don't think Masamune-Kun no Revenge is a generic harem. I'm actually doubting that this is even a harem.

At most we have 3 people who likes him: Class rep, Neko and Aki.

Class rep got insta killed so it's just a love triangle with Neko and Aki.

Maid doesn't like him (Don't push it please we all know that she has no feelings for him).

The trap likes Neko.

Sister and Mother certainly doesn't see him as a romance partner.

This is a show that has a "Harem" with only 2 members in it... Compare it to any other harems you know I've never seen a harem with only 2 members in it. Well it is technically a harem because a lot of other nameless mob characters like him I guess.

le_halfhand_easy said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Oh my sweet summer child. There will be no revenge. The story set itself up so that the MC will fall for one of the least interesting female leads in rom-com.

What makes you so sure that he won't hurt/make Aki cry?
Mar 27, 2017 6:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Huex3 said:
HaXXspetten said:

I don't know your definition of generic but I don't think Masamune-Kun no Revenge is a generic harem. I'm actually doubting that this is even a harem.

Maid doesn't like him (Don't push it please we all know that she has no feelings for him).

The trap likes Neko.

This is a show that has a "Harem" with only 2 members in it... Compare it to any other harems you know I've never seen a harem with only 2 members in it. Well it is technically a harem because a lot of other nameless mob characters like him I guess.
That's just a technicality. Yeah sure we can call it a love triangle instead but that doesn't really make it a whole lot better
Mar 27, 2017 6:20 AM
Dec 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Huex3 said:

The trap likes Neko.

That's just a technicality. Yeah sure we can call it a love triangle instead but that doesn't really make it a whole lot better

No it doesn't. But it sure invalidates the argument that it is "generic harem". I mean if you compare it to Ranma 1/2, Love Hina, Oh! My Goddess, SAO, School Days, Nisekoi, Zero No Tsukaima, HS DxD, and a bunch of others, you can see that it is clearly different from the usual harem.

It's also different from your usual romcom where "boy meets girl" then things happen and they fall in love.

I can see this anime as something like the lighter version of school days? I mean if the MC of school days wasn't an assh*le.
Mar 27, 2017 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
Renaultclio101 said:
What I meant was the score rating system is pretty much screwed on MAL considering many similar romance anime which falls into this category is rated higher and the expectations of viewers is unique demanding.
I don't understand why you are complaining about the rating
it has a 7.24 score and is ranked at #2468
none of which are bad so you are complaining over nothing
Renaultclio101 said:
Snafu and this is both good in their own ways but the main character in SNAFU makes it more enjoyable and the plot. On the other hand, looking at your list, it is filled with the typical newb starter anime pack such as Clannad which is overrated combined with shakugan no shana and zero.
I don't see what my favourites have to do with this
Mar 27, 2017 8:36 AM

Oct 2012
I believe that if the show had stayed focused on its plot and actually went somewhere, I would have ended up liking it more. But I simply did not like the characters too much, except maybe the Maid.

To me, the show just got boring out of nowhere... And it's funny because I was really invested on the first five episodes.
Mar 27, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2014
I congratulate anyone who found themselves enjoying the last 3 episodes of this turd. Overall there was nothing enjoyable about this anime. The show teased about what might happen deeper into the storyline, but in the end we got zero progression. What a joke. Most of the characters are detestable and annoying. Who in their right minds would root for Masamune? He is a complete jerk. The art and animation were trashy and the OST failed to elevate the important scenes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2017

226 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 10, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

373 by DirtMcGurt36 »»
Aug 26, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2017

172 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 26, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2017

209 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2017

194 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.