Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2013
Meme Live Sunshine is back, yeah!
More "it's joke", more meme faces, more scared of dogs, more zura, more future, more idols, more training, more dancing, more running-out-of-breath, more costumes, more logic-defying jumps, more "it's all Rubygood", more screaming, less piano lessons, more school-saving, more incoming doujins, more fan-gathering, less μ's copying, less newbies, more yuri undertones, more dark angels and more popularity polls!
Who's excited!?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2017 7:05 AM
Jan 2015
Me!, I hope the 2nd season is better than the 1st Season"
Feb 26, 2017 7:06 AM

Feb 2015
I always thought the ending of S1 was ... weird, since it wasn't clear if they performed on Love Live! or not.
Feb 26, 2017 7:11 AM

Mar 2014

What have I done to deserve this?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 26, 2017 7:36 AM

Jan 2016
Maybe they'll actually make it good this time
Feb 26, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2008
yey, the most revolutionary franchise ever made receives a new season.
haters gonna hate.
Feb 26, 2017 7:41 AM

Jul 2015
So excited! The music is always superb and the characters are cute as always :)

Fall 2017 just got a lot better.
Feb 26, 2017 7:44 AM
Dec 2016
Im so excited! Hopefully everything is better then last season
Feb 26, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
Eh...Okay, I guess.
Feb 26, 2017 7:49 AM

Jun 2012
And i just got worried about lack of season 2 news.
Feb 26, 2017 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
Hope to see Youhane(ed scenes) and Riko route
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Feb 26, 2017 8:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well S1 was rather underwhelming so I can't say I'm particularly excited..
Feb 26, 2017 8:36 AM

Jul 2016
Looks like I need to finish the first season
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Feb 26, 2017 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
I'm not surprised. A second season was inevitable, anyway.
Feb 26, 2017 9:02 AM

Aug 2010
But that just means that there will be more doujin material about it.
Feb 26, 2017 9:05 AM
Nov 2013
The franchise as a whole has really hooked me with Aqours, even if Sunshine!! S1 wasn't as strong as S2 of the original. Aqours' music, seiyuu, artwork, audio dramas, etc have all been excellent & really engaged me with the group. Hoping this can transfer to S2 of the anime; especially since S1 ended with them realising they can't just copy Muse.
Feb 26, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
Hell Yeah!!! Time for some more Love Live! The anime industry is once again saved!!
Feb 26, 2017 10:28 AM
Apr 2014
Wonder if they are just gonna copy paste again from the original series
Feb 26, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
I guess we know what is going to dominate the fall season sales.
Feb 26, 2017 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
MIRAI ZURA!!!!!!
Feb 26, 2017 11:52 AM

Jan 2014

Please stop japan, producing more cancer
Feb 26, 2017 12:21 PM
Oct 2016
LET'S GOOOOOOOO IM HAPPYYYY
Feb 26, 2017 12:53 PM

Feb 2016
Me and my yuri goggles are ready.
Feb 26, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
DoctorWasabi said:

Idols are too well loved for the industry to stop making them. i wouldn't be surprised if an idol anime such as Aikatsu or Pripara ended up in the "Big 3" eventually.

Feb 26, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
More proof there is a God and He loves us.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 26, 2017 4:10 PM

May 2016
I hope the plot deviates more from the similarities with the OG Love Live this time, including the whole saving the school stuff. That was the biggest, if not the only problem I had with Sunshine S1.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Feb 26, 2017 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
DoctorWasabi said:

Funny you say that because you seem like a one piece fan.
Feb 26, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2014
That's good to hear, sadly I wish it wasn't that popular in the U.S. cause it's filled with toxic people and it doesn't deserve the unnecessary hate. Anyway, I have high hopes for this season because Sunshine had a rocky start, but it always improve as it goes on. Since we get to know the characters now, the series can finally shine! (No pun intended)
Feb 26, 2017 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
darkkunai said:
more fapping material

no?
im just gonna leave

You're exactly right, fapping is all Love Live is good for. Hot damn are the doujins amazing.

Dodecahedron-O24 said:
More proof there is a God and He hates us.

FTFY.

Aria said:
haters gonna hate.

>Love Live
>"the most revolutionary franchise ever made"
BAHAHAHAHAHA (I hope you're joking. I'm going to guess you're probably joking.)
removed-userFeb 26, 2017 5:41 PM
Feb 26, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2014
HikariJake said:
darkkunai said:
more fapping material

no?
im just gonna leave

You're exactly right, fapping is all Love Live is good for. Hot damn are the doujins amazing.
....... When the doujins isn't filled with rape or fat old men, maybe. I would quote your other response, but I already made my point in my other comments.
Feb 26, 2017 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
god's punishment is just
Feb 26, 2017 8:21 PM

Sep 2016
SanG7 said:
yay! more yousoro

You said it! Awesome signature btw :D
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Feb 26, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually excited though that's because I liked Sunshine more than the original honestly (Yes its a copy and paste of the original at least for the first half but I thought the cast were more likable by comparison, at least to me)
Feb 26, 2017 10:44 PM

Feb 2016
yeaaa. more cute girls, more lives
Feb 27, 2017 12:14 AM
Sep 2016
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
More proof there is a God and He loves us.

Amen (no pun intended)
Feb 27, 2017 3:04 AM
Oct 2014
HyperL said:
I hope the plot deviates more from the similarities with the OG Love Live this time, including the whole saving the school stuff. That was the biggest, if not the only problem I had with Sunshine S1.

It has to because of all those plot-threads laid down in the second season that were never what Muse had to ever contend with. For one, we are still in the middle of the tournament, the school still hasn't been saved, Saint Snow has an ideological disagreement with Aqours on a fundamental level, Aqours intends to chart their own course (how?), a large group of girls are asking about joining the Idol club (as supporting members that help in costume creation, video editing and such?) and so on. All those plot-threads ensures that the first few episodes of Sunshine S2 cannot follow the structure of SIP S2.

I think we are going to get a First year dramatic arc. We've already received one for the second and first years in the second half of S1.

Joe88 said:
Wonder if they are just gonna copy paste again from the original series

They've more or less moved away from Copy-pasting past Episode 7. Yes, the first six episodes track the original SIP S1 very closely - and that's what everyone seems to remember because first impressions count. But copy-pasting is a very unfair charge to levy at Episodes 7-12 - the Tokyo School Idol World fiasco, the third year and second year drama arcs, the multiple rounds of Love Live and so on. It isn't as if Nozomi and Eli walked out of Nico's idol group two years ago and Nico's old idol group was called Muse....... which would be what SIP would have been like had Sunshine's second half been a copy of SIP.
Feb 27, 2017 4:14 AM
Jul 2012
The day after I looked at the Love Live! Sunshine forum here on MAL to find any traces of rumors regarding a second season (couldn't find any), this happens.

When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Feb 27, 2017 4:20 AM

Apr 2014
As an admin of an anime meme page on facebook, this is great news since this is more material for us lol
Feb 27, 2017 5:08 AM

May 2015
the zura continues
Feb 27, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2015
I didn't realize LL got so much hate until I saw some of these comments.

Feb 27, 2017 6:49 AM

Mar 2008
HikariJake said:
darkkunai said:
more fapping material

no?
im just gonna leave

Dodecahedron-O24 said:
More proof there is a God and He hates us.

FTFY.

Aria said:
haters gonna hate.

>Love Live
>"the most revolutionary franchise ever made"
BAHAHAHAHAHA (I hope you're joking. I'm going to guess you're probably joking.)
I'm not kidding, in fact LL's the most important anime franchise made since Gundam.
Feb 27, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
Kittens-kun said:
Some people just have bad taste. This is why they hate on this franchise.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 27, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2015
I'm a bit confused on the LL! hate here. I mean, why even come here if you don't like it?

Well, either way, I'm excited! Season 1 wasn't perfect by any means (that ending really was weird) but hopefully Season 2 will improve on some areas that needed work! LL! Season 2 was better than Season 1 after all, so I have faith!

honestly tho as long as we get more yohane and ruby im fine

EDIT: I am very new here so please go easy on me, mean people
Shadaroo_Da_Gr8Feb 27, 2017 10:51 AM
Feb 27, 2017 12:16 PM
May 2011
I'm hype. I'm so hype. Gimme more subunits, gimme more yohane antics.
Feb 27, 2017 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Shadaroo_Da_Gr8 said:
I'm a bit confused on the LL! hate here. I mean, why even come here if you don't like it?

Well, either way, I'm excited! Season 1 wasn't perfect by any means (that ending really was weird) but hopefully Season 2 will improve on some areas that needed work! LL! Season 2 was better than Season 1 after all, so I have faith!

I'm guessing you guys are referring to me? @Shadaroo_Da_Gr8, uhm, I'll try to be "nice" then lol.
I don't hate Love Live, quite the contrary. I just think the fanbase is cancerous; I used to be one of them and now I've grown into the pessimistic douchebag I am today, and I find people who say "KANAN-ONEESAMAAAAA" to be cringy as hell.
I also hate shipping (again, I used to be super into that but I find it dumb now) and the yuri in Sunshine was so freaking forced; like, all of them are lesbians, or there's very strong hinting for all of them, far more than the original had. That's so unrealistic and I can't get behind it. Unfortunately, Chika x You seems to be the route Sunshine 2 will be set on so I am not looking forward to that. I think I'm just burnt out of yuri though so this is purely subjective.

I love the music of Love Live, I hate the fandom and yuri ships, and I have mixed feelings about the show, is what it comes down to.
Feb 28, 2017 5:25 AM

Apr 2008
I hope it's going to be as good, if not better, than the first season. Sunshine was actually what got me into Love Live, I've honestly found SIP mediocre (even if the songs were better). It's already a thing of its own (especially Chika declaring they shouldn't just copypaste Muse), here's hoping we're going to see something very different from the original. Hell, I even want to see the sub-units - like in the mobage - if it's possible. And of course more shipping is more good.

HJ: Yuri ships are kind of unavoidable in a series where there are literally no guys at all, at least with any speaking roles (looking at you, Honoka's dad). And I don't know about "unrealistic": do you know you're watching an anime about school idols - which is not a real thing - and the main character of the franchise is hinted to be a time traveller? Last time I checked however, lesbians are still real.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Feb 28, 2017 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
Great news! More Ruby-chan and Hanamaru-chan and the sexy Kana-chan.
Feb 28, 2017 9:09 AM

May 2015
HikariJake said:
I'm guessing you guys are referring to me? @Shadaroo_Da_Gr8, uhm, I'll try to be "nice" then lol.
I don't hate Love Live, quite the contrary. I just think the fanbase is cancerous; I used to be one of them and now I've grown into the pessimistic douchebag I am today, and I find people who say "KANAN-ONEESAMAAAAA" to be cringy as hell.
I also hate shipping (again, I used to be super into that but I find it dumb now) and the yuri in Sunshine was so freaking forced; like, all of them are lesbians, or there's very strong hinting for all of them, far more than the original had. That's so unrealistic and I can't get behind it. Unfortunately, Chika x You seems to be the route Sunshine 2 will be set on so I am not looking forward to that. I think I'm just burnt out of yuri though so this is purely subjective.

I love the music of Love Live, I hate the fandom and yuri ships, and I have mixed feelings about the show, is what it comes down to.

I was actually just kidding when I said mean people, wasn't targeting anyone out. But I'll gladly give my piece on why I love the show and it's fans still.

Firstly, of course all fanbases are going to have the vocal minority of horrible fans, and LL! is no exception. While I try to stay away from those types of fans, you'll always run into them eventually. But I personally don't see that as a reason to call the entire fanbase "cancerous". The portion who I personally see are actually really positive people who just enjoy something to the fullest, even if it can be cringey sometimes. Cringey never hurt nobody, though. Plus it's just people having fun, can't be too negative about that, I think.

Maybe we've just had to two vastly different experiences with the fanbase, but it seems unfair to rope them all together like that.

The shipping thing though is totally a matter of preference, and I can fully understand where you're coming from. While I personally found the Chika and Riko little sub story genuinely good (until it was suddenly dropped towards the end) I can't argue that if you don't like shipping or yuri stuff, LL!'s fans and sometimes the actually series itself, will annoy you. But that's kind of expected, in my opinion. I mean, it's a show with a huge female cast, that's just how it works sometimes. In LL!'s defense though, the original Love Live! never really went too far into the shipping and whatnot, and tended to keep it fairly low key. For the most part. Sunshine!! decided to just say screw it and went to make it a center point of two characters, which I didn't mind too much, (UNTIL IT WAS SUDDENLY DROPPED TOWARDS THE END) but I totally get if you don't like it at all and would prefer they didn't even do it. But I suppose that's just a matter of preference, like you said.

TL;DR - Not all the fans are bad tho
It's fiiiiiine

EDIT: Words
Shadaroo_Da_Gr8Feb 28, 2017 9:14 AM
Apr 18, 2017 10:45 PM

Jun 2016
Yessss! New season! I'm so excited about this!
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Apr 21, 2017 9:22 AM

May 2012
HikariJake said:
Dodecahedron-O24 said:

Shadaroo_Da_Gr8 said:

It just sounds to me like your compromised. View the show through your own lens and not the lens of "I am part of some big community". It seems to me your forming conclusions about the show using community consensus and not just your own views. What Love Live communities do you hang out in? Im curious where these fans are.

As for the fan base, im not sure how you could even remotely try and call out people who like Love Live over practically anything online. Show me the light? Can you give me a list of communities who are not cancerous? Its just an outlandish thing to say.

As for the show, there is pretty much no yuri... There is typical fan service you can find everywhere in anime from the latest robot mechas to chibi comedys. If you want to talk Chika Riko, we will but seriously theres nothing else going on with the other girls. No implications at all. So Chika and Riko may be pushing some boundrys, but if you really sort through their scenes there is nothing to imply either of them has romantic desires for the other one. This is only "yuri" if at all because if they did become a pair its possible for things to end up that way with the path they are on now, it would not be outlandish or jarring for them to end up together. It wont happen, but it certainly would not be jumping the shark with the story they have told thus far. Riko came to town with no friends, and Chika only had You who excels at everything while Chika was just an average talentless girl or so she thought. Her and Riko built Aqours together and they grew close in a special way that did end up excluding You to a degree. I think the writers wanted there to be a deeper drama then what ended up on screen with how that arc between them tied up but the genre and time constraints did not quite allow for it.

Enjoy the show for what it is, and dont let some weird dude saying "KANAN-ONEESAMAAAAA" , wherever you found him at, have negative implications on your enjoyment of the show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

132 by master106 »»
Oct 1, 9:25 AM

» Aquors HELP!!!

Vapor_AU - Jun 7

2 by Serafos »»
Jun 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

81 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.