Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2016 7:11 PM
May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
12 minutes with somehow crappy animation like from some cheap ONA and engRish subs, what a let down, guess at least some ppl that didnt read the manga get to see the ending, so its something....?
lacznoscDec 23, 2016 7:26 PM
Dec 23, 2016 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
Haven't seen the video but I already have it and it sucks since I can't watch it right now to know what's the ending because I'm at work right now LOL
Kitan~!
Dec 23, 2016 11:50 PM

Feb 2014
I'm so sad that it really has ended. This short OVA confirms it T.T
Wished there was more after that 10-15 second glimpse of them in the future
It's a series I've enjoyed so much ~

But translations of manga chapters haven't finished yet, so this OVA seemed really rushed.
Still glad it was animated though.

I don't think it was animated, but if you haven't read the manga, I'm not sure what you thought of the part when Ami and Kei were okay with seeing Nanami going into a portal with Mizuki and on the flying carriage. Or the fact that Tomoe (and Nanami) wanted to become human (the more in depth part?)

So in a way, this end might have some confused or wanting to read the manga...

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 24, 2016 12:25 AM

Oct 2015
I can't believe it has ended like that :(( I guess i'll read the manga :'(
Dec 24, 2016 1:13 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, Ishida-san's character is back with them. A year before Suwabe-san's character makes the wish come true, to make Tomoe human. To face the future and for Nanami to graduate from high school (to be ready) before doing so.

Nobu's character stays with Ishida-san's character. The youkais also talking about their meeting. Everyone walking with two of them married as human.
tsubasaloverDec 24, 2016 6:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2016 2:40 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda liked the the whole OVA that showed the end....... ah I had so many feels watching it.... Tomoe had such a personality change...from the first time we saw him....
Dec 24, 2016 4:19 AM
Nov 2016
I was really looking forward for a season 3! :( but after impatiently waiting and reading the manga instead, this ova proved that they're not continuing it right :( really thought they could have ended it better though..
Dec 24, 2016 4:47 AM

Feb 2013
Amazing finish for this anime, Tomoe became a human and they got married.
It's kinda sad that they won't see the others anymore.
Why are people complaning about a happy ending?
Dec 24, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2014
It was kinda fast and short but I was glad that I could see it.
Dec 24, 2016 10:42 AM
Dec 2016
Simply loved the ending ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ and to everyone who says that it could have ended better or crappy animation seriouslllyyyyyyyy Fuck youu guys its the most perfect ending
Dec 24, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2015
why 12 minutes only? a lot of details were absent
is this their way to tell me read the manga?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 24, 2016 7:26 PM
ใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใใ•ใ„

Sep 2011
I'm really not sure what to think.

On the one hand, it is nice to see a romance story that actually ends in making that commitment (though I still can't really bring myself to like Tomoe, I am VERY happy that Nanami is happy), and the bonus was that Nanami was surrounded by a lot of VIP who's lives she had changed. (I also noted that Mikake dropped a very interesting hint to Mizuki).

On the other hand, even had I not been following the source, I think I would have felt disappointed by this, given the short length and so much time that was skipped. It felt like the end of a movie, not a stand alone ova. Awkward.

Oh, well.
Dec 24, 2016 8:01 PM
Aug 2016
My only complaint was the length. I'm happy they gave us a conclusion though, it wasn't something I saw coming.
Dec 26, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2012
Goodbye Kamisama Hajimemashita T_T

Only thing I'm sad about they didn't add is:
Dec 27, 2016 2:29 PM

Apr 2012
i'm giving this a 10 since they actually got hitched and had a kid lol

Dec 28, 2016 6:46 AM

May 2007
Before watching: OMG, YUUS!
After watching: What the actual fuck. It was the most disappointing OVA I've ever seen. 12 minutes, like really? I was expecting something more. More closure, more explanations, more depth. The creators of this OVA just shoved the half-assed version to us..
Like, seriously.. They had enough material to make a 3rd season, but nooo, let's make one 12 min OVA with a disastrous setting, no plot, no nothing.
They literally skipped 1 year, they skipped the storyline, ARGH I'M SO ANGRY.
Dec 29, 2016 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
If it helps, with subs by KH Addicts:

We translated the rest of the ED as well that wasn't in the earlier Kako-hen episodes. The song really fits well, and the timing with the ED frames was good.

12:50... It was so short >.< The rest of the DVD featured an interview of sorts of the mangaka and some other part I forgot. Still it was fun to work with subbing this anime.

I'm very disappointed as well, but it's called an OAD for a reason. One, it's only meant to cater those who've read the manga that's why the DVD was released/bundled with a manga volume and not as a separate DVD like a movie. Two, an OAD usually adapts only parts of the manga; it doesn't matter if it's incoherent to the previous OADs or anime season or doesn't answer or explain subjectively important questions. Three, it's to boost manga sales somehow since OAD bundles are limited editions. One person I've talked to before only bought them first as a collectible.

Hopefully, they will make a 3rd season (after enraging fans, popular demand will prevail perhaps?? T_T), but as of now the future is obscure.
witchhuntressDec 29, 2016 4:04 PM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Dec 29, 2016 3:31 PM

Mar 2016
Okay, I gave it a 10/10, though it doesn't exactly deserve it.

There was a noticeable decrease in quality from the rest of the show, the timing was a bit odd, it was too short/rushed, and the sub quality wasn't so great, but THEY GOT MARRIED. I'm too happy to take off points for the other stuff.

I'm really happy for the closure, but I'm also really sad...no more Kamisama Hajimemashita. To be honest, I almost cried. When I first watched Kako-hen I thought the ending song fit their relationship well and sounded beautiful so I learned to sing it and so I ended up loving the song. To hear that song as it showed their happy ending...lots of feels. LOTS of feels. *heavy breathing* Okay, I'm being dramatic, but I loved everything about the series, and to have a romance anime actually end with marriage? So happy.

Also spent the entire 12 minutes fangirling over Tomoe:

Also just realized that Tomoe drinking with all the guys was kind of like his bachelor party and am overwhelmed with feels.
BlondieDec 29, 2016 3:45 PM
Dec 29, 2016 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
Ah damn. I spoiled myself the manga... :/

And this. Can relate. He's too perfect.
Blondie said:

Also spent the entire 12 minutes fangirling over Tomoe:

Dec 30, 2016 5:19 AM
Sep 2015
I really don't know what to think

Yes I do love the ending of the story but wtf?
The whole OVA just feels like they want to get rid of this anime.
Jan 3, 2017 9:24 PM
Apr 2013
The OVA wasn't that bad I did like it but it did feel rushed and left me like a "wtf thats all" at the end. I am really glad they did animate this and let us see them getting married.
But maybe if they could have made it a full 24 minute episode it would have been better getting into more depth, or even better they made it into a 2-3 episode season.
Jan 7, 2017 11:59 PM

Feb 2014
Despite the fact it was only 12 minutes long and the animation wasnt the best.

This had my eyes prickling with tears.
I've been watching Kamisama Kiss since it first came out and what a bittersweet ending. It almost feels like saying goodbye to an old friend.
It was great journey and it's been amazing to watch the characters develop together.
This series will always have a fond place in my heart.
Mar 5, 2017 3:50 AM

Jun 2013
It was short but it was all worth it despite the lack of quality. I've been a fan of the series since it started airing way back 2012 and have been following the manga since then. The ending definitely striked me with nostalgia and a lot of feels because I grew up along with KH as a teen. It has been quite a ride but I'm definitely happy with the ending.
maigyoMar 5, 2017 4:00 AM
Apr 3, 2017 6:51 AM

May 2010
Cratex said:
I'm really not sure what to think.

On the one hand, it is nice to see a romance story that actually ends in making that commitment (though I still can't really bring myself to like Tomoe, I am VERY happy that Nanami is happy), and the bonus was that Nanami was surrounded by a lot of VIP who's lives she had changed. (I also noted that Mikake dropped a very interesting hint to Mizuki).

On the other hand, even had I not been following the source, I think I would have felt disappointed by this, given the short length and so much time that was skipped. It felt like the end of a movie, not a stand alone ova. Awkward.

Oh, well.

100% agreed. I love Nanami and I am happy for her but that big timeskip is disappointing as I wanted to see them date for a while and have more supernatural adventures (more of the later coz I don't like Tomoe that much,,, tho I admit the last two episodes had the best Tomoe x Nanami moments)

Hmm 6.5/10 for this OVA. This would have a 9/10 if it was the last episode of S3 tho. But ye Kako-hen was brilliant. Also really liked S2.
Apr 26, 2017 2:21 PM
Nov 2015
This was SO cute!
I only wish it was drawn out a little more, flesh out that year that went by in 5 seconds, made it a 2 or 3 episode OVA instead. And then the abrupt ending, I do feel a little cheated.
Can't believe this is the end of Kamisama! :'(
Jul 2, 2017 7:43 PM

May 2013
I'M SAD. DON'T LET IT ENNNNNNDDDDDDD

TT^TT
Aug 29, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2017
What about Akura-ou?
Sep 20, 2017 6:47 AM
Sep 2017
Yes...what about Okura '____' cries.Got me teary seeing Nanami as a bride ๐Ÿ˜ญGoodbye my fav couple TomoexNanami..
Mar 23, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2017
They could have extended the ending even more.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 19, 2018 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
solidss said:
What about Akura-ou?

Apparently the anime ignore him both here and in the previous OVA. Pity. I missed seeing him with everyone else in the ending.

The manga goes more in depth about him and Yukiji, which the anime does not, I hear.
Aug 26, 2018 6:14 PM

Oct 2015
What a great way to wrap the show, with a wedding, graduation and Tomoe becoming human. What beautiful kimono for Nanami and a beautiful moment. I guess this it for the series and for them at the Mikage shrine, I wish they showed them having a child and living a fulfilling life together.

This was my favorite couple in all anime and I always watched them with a smile. As for the ova, I think they did a super job considering it was a mere 12min.

9/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 14, 2018 5:55 AM

Jun 2011
this basically tells us they won't be making continuation for season 2, it's trying to conclude the story by getting Nanami and Tomoe married. Rushed but better than nothing for people who don't want to read the manga.

I like the art so much, the worldbuilding and the drawing of the world is so beautiful, if only the writing style is not your typical cringy shoujo.. Would've been so nice if it has similar writing style to Natsume Yuujincho.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2018 12:47 AM

Apr 2017
I finally got around to watching season 3 yesterday (amazing by the way) so I wanted to watch this OVA.

It felt like a giant slap in the face from a palm that had "GO READ THE MANGA" written in bold. Everything about this aside from the voice acting was dreadful, and for a 12 minute short, you'd think they'd at least make it look good. I was hoping for more than a 13 second flashforward of Nanami and Tomoe after marriage.

Even though TMS screwed us over just to get more manga readers, I agree with them. Go read the manga so you can forget about this trash.
Jan 5, 2019 2:11 AM

Aug 2017
Nanami is one of the best anime girls. But this anime is still mostly like Inuyasha.
Apr 7, 2019 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
I like the final shot human Tomoe with Nanami (she's very beautiful here) but don't know it felt rushed with some cliffhangers.
Guess I'll have to read the manga but nonetheless it was a very good shoujo.

Overall series 9/10
Sep 24, 2019 8:50 PM
Aug 2018
Dick ass move not giving a solid ending. I mean it did enough to let me kno what happened but why does clannad have to be the only exception to close the book per say, and to a lesser extent plastic memories. So much potential was thrown into the trash in my opinion. Yea clannad kicked me in feels over and over but this could have the other direction it was so close... Yea it had it's problems but it was minor and could have been the yin to clannads yang if just handled slightly differently Imo.
Sep 24, 2019 8:56 PM
Aug 2018
GlowingAura said:
I finally got around to watching season 3 yesterday (amazing by the way) so I wanted to watch this OVA.

It felt like a giant slap in the face from a palm that had "GO READ THE MANGA" written in bold. Everything about this aside from the voice acting was dreadful, and for a 12 minute short, you'd think they'd at least make it look good. I was hoping for more than a 13 second flashforward of Nanami and Tomoe after marriage.

Even though TMS screwed us over just to get more manga readers, I agree with them. Go read the manga so you can forget about this trash.

agreed over 9000%
Sep 24, 2019 8:59 PM
Aug 2018
I'm just so pissed at this rushed ending. 10/10 shoujo end like this bullshit
Jan 14, 2020 1:11 AM
Sep 2019
The only thing that I would change about this is for Nanami to be the one to get transformed into an immortal being so that they can be together forever :)
Jan 17, 2020 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
so with the previous OVA and then this one, i guess it's the end of the anime series as a whole; throughout this last one though, i kept thinking "so.... Akura-O's gonna come crash the wedding?"

only since the last season left on the "cliffhanger" that he needed Tomoe's fox fire to get his body back,
and since i hadn't read the manga, i thought there'd be some arc where they got his body back- someone else stole it, and he'd have to team up with Nanami and Tomoe to get it back again but... he just disappeared out of existence i guess.

i guess it was a kind-of satisfying ending, but it would have been better if they released another longer OVA with what happened to Akura-O and whatnot... then finish with this.

oh well. glad it's over, i guess.
now though, instead, i gotta find something new to watch -w-...
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Mar 13, 2020 10:04 AM
Apr 2018
Why would Nanami have to give up being a deity in order to live with human-Tomoe? Makes no sense.
She has even as deity a normal human lifespan so I dont see a problem with her staying a deity and living in the shrine with human tomoe
May 14, 2020 3:08 PM

Jul 2016
To those who haven't read the manga, this OVA is so out of place and both a bad, and abrupt way to end Kamisama Hajimemashita as an "anime" series. If TMS Entertainment had just adapted the full manga, this OVA would make a lot more sense and would have been more pleasant to watch.
May 26, 2020 2:23 PM
Dec 2019
StufedAnmalQueen said:
To those who haven't read the manga, this OVA is so out of place and both a bad, and abrupt way to end Kamisama Hajimemashita as an "anime" series. If TMS Entertainment had just adapted the full manga, this OVA would make a lot more sense and would have been more pleasant to watch.

It's not unusual for a bad series to have a bad OVA. You deserved what you got.
Dec 9, 2020 8:34 AM

Aug 2020
This felt really rushed. I haven't finished the manga yet but I guarantee this did not do it justice.

Jun 10, 2021 6:59 AM

May 2015
Kind of sucks they actuallly did turn human. I was half torn on the ending. On one side Im like yey they can live their life together. But on the other side I'm not "Noooo, don't leave everyone! Stay a god and familiar like we know"

But yeah, this is the end of this series. It was nice giving this a re-watch after so many years. Imma go quickly look at the manga to see if the ending was any different in the manga.

Edit Manga Spoiler) Omg she actually goes back to the shrine after many years. Thats like the best of both worlds for my preferred ending. Ok that's nice to think about.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 29, 2021 3:59 PM
Oct 2020
It felt very rush. Also, I don't understand why she can't become a Yลkai, it would solve every problem and they could be all together for ever
Sep 25, 2021 8:56 AM

Dec 2020
Chamovaga said:
It felt very rush. Also, I don't understand why she can't become a Yลkai, it would solve every problem and they could be all together for ever

I was thinking the same thing. Like I'm glad we got a ending but why not just have her be a yokai or even like a full on God.
Nov 18, 2021 11:20 PM

Aug 2020
Very warm, I feel loved. Every second that pass is very precious. As they walk through the golden road with everyone, that must be their happiest moment in life. I agree with time being stopped but as Tomoe said they should just continue making much happier moments :D

Ah, the journey has ended. I feel very happy and warm rn. Thank you for the show!

» [The World's Continuationใ€ไธ–็•Œใฎใคใฅใใ€‘- UTA/Ado โ™ช] «
0:00 ใ€‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 4:55
โ†บ |โ— II โ–ท| โ™ก

โœฆ Come and Join us! โœฆ
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary โœฟ
โœฟ DeaD Blossoms โœฟ
Feb 8, 2023 6:44 AM

Jul 2015
Too bad the manga wasn't fully adapted but on a more positive note, but despite the 1 year timeskip at least we got to see a happy ending of Tomoe and Nanami together.

Aug 3, 2023 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
i went into this not knowing it was the conclusion and now i'm crying
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.