Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice episode, they got right into the action without wasting much time. Nice to see Vivio fighting.

Not even surprised at all but Rinne's opponents are more like pushovers compared to her. Although at he same time, I think the fighting does have a good momentum to it. Rinne's opponent put up a decent fight.
Nov 5, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2008
That bone crushing ending, I think Rinne is fighting to the death and not just being in it to win it. Someone needs to beat her ass before she does kill someone.

Fuuka did pretty good, beating her opponent in mere seconds, even more quickly than Vivio.

Nov 5, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2010
Broken ribs, that will take a while to recover from.
Anyway Fuuka's first match was over in a flash her opponent didn't stand a chance.
Guess next week will be importuned for development.
Nov 5, 2016 10:12 AM

Sep 2015
That is just savage, the ribs are not just simply broken but almost at pulverize level. In reality pretty much can cause instant-death than just broken ribs. Of course in Nanoha world the medical treatment is more advance, Miura might need to rest for a very very long time now.

Miura is at the wrong tournament, she is not that strong in pure fighting tounament. Instead she should be in magic fighting, that way she can use her full power.

Rinne is very scary with her abilities, her vitality and hits getting stronger and stronger. Skills like hers are very rare even in our real world.

Next match up Vivio vs Rinne, rip we know who will win as Fuuka coming up next... pray that Vivio not that hurt(I will be mad if she become very hurt like Miura:( )
valvravetruthNov 5, 2016 10:44 AM
Nov 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
Holy, I hope this don't kill her career.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 8:01 PM
Nov 6, 2016 12:36 AM

Feb 2008
Biggest impression catching me on broken ribs scene with Miura vs Rinne fight
Well it still been a predictable match that Rinne would win and she would eventually win against Vivio, but it does hurt when flashback came for Miura but still had this feeling she will still lose her match.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 6, 2016 9:16 AM

May 2014
Rinne is INSANE WTF?! Is Miura dead?! Broken/Shattered ribs?! And I thought the flip out in her childhood was bad...
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 6, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
more reasons to hate on this crazy ass bitch aka Rinne, shes annoying as hell,hope the day when somebody kicks her ass real good comes faster
Poor Miura
Nov 6, 2016 11:46 AM
Jul 2009
NamelessWaltz said:
more reasons to hate on this crazy ass bitch aka Rinne, shes annoying as hell,hope the day when somebody kicks her ass real good comes faster
Poor Miura

It's not like she broke her ribs deliberately. Miura fought well and forced Rinne to get serious. That's all there is to it.
Nov 6, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2012
Geez... That was pretty brutal, but at least Miura went down with a good fight. I think Miura might of at least seriously injured Rinne's left hand with that short wince she gave out when she caught Miura's knee? Anyway, wonder how long it'll take her to recover.

At least Nakajima will give Rinne her only tough fights from the looks of it

Curious and excited for the next episode with the title of it.

Nov 6, 2016 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
1idd0kun said:
NamelessWaltz said:
Poor Miura

It's not like she broke her ribs deliberately. Miura fought well and forced Rinne to get serious. That's all there is to it.

I mean, she could have went with a throw, but the face she makes at the end tells me she didn't want to go back on her word of only using strikes, and perhaps felt a bit of regret that the only way she could win is to pulverize her bones. This "sympathy" is supported when Rinne was expressing to Carrie she was happy she didn't "break" her, while telling Carrie how pathetic she was.

tl:dr Rinne is a bitch and needs her teeth knocked down her throat

anyway, Glutton Fuuka is adorable

besides for Fuu-chan's Sky-Severing Fist (which was all of two seconds) and the 15 seconds before Rinne wore Miura's blood to victory, the animation was pretty inconsistent and lackluster for most of it

We are only ep 6, so I wouldn't be surprised to get some ep long fights and maybe a surprise or two. Like Vivio beating Rinne, then going up against Fuu, then Einhard! Or Fuu beating Rinne then fighting Einhard. Or it could be the epic we are expecting, Rinne vs Einhard.

I'm fine with Einhard fighting either of the three. So I'm just ready, and hopefully the animators do these fights justice.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Nov 6, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2011
How is this show? I am planning to pick it up soon.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 6, 2016 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
MasterHavik said:

Only good if you're a Nanoha fan, otherwise it's not very interesting. At least I think so. I love this world and all it's characters. I just hate this particular storyline.

Mainly just Rinne, and how much they focus on her awful character.
Nov 6, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
BlurredVision18 said:
MasterHavik said:

Only good if you're a Nanoha fan, otherwise it's not very interesting. At least I think so. I love this world and all it's characters. I just hate this particular storyline.

Mainly just Rinne, and how much they focus on her awful character.
Well I heard about this series on Digibro's very well thought analysis of the series. So I was looking for a place to start.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 6, 2016 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
MasterHavik said:
Well I heard about this series on Digibro's very well thought analysis of the series. So I was looking for a place to start.

Well this introduces a new protagonist and story unrelated to the others for the most part, besides knowing some of the supporting characters and some cameos. So you can start with this crap if you want. Otherwise the best place to start something is where you'd naturally think to... the beginning. Ayy

Or the Movies I guess.... they are remakes of Season 1 and 2, but don't blend into StrikerS well. As the Movie 1st is easier to watch but loses some of Nanoha's character development. And the plot in Movie 2nd A's was rewritten. (Note I absolutely love 2nd A's)

And Vivid manga is better than watching the anime tbh.
BlurredVision18Nov 6, 2016 2:06 PM
Nov 6, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2008
Yeah, starting with the first movie would definitely be a good way to go about it and then go from there, A's, StrikerS and the Vivid manga.
You could, by all means, check this one out for a start and then jump back to the beginning of the series, but you'll get more connected to the universe if you just go through the entire series before this. I feel that this one has some noticeable YMMV elements, namely Rinne who seems to be a love her or hate her kind of character. This is disconnected enough for you to check it out standalone, but I still suggest just checking the entire thing.
Nov 6, 2016 3:20 PM

Mar 2011
Well, I expected Miura losing, but never thought Rinne would break her ribs, God, poor girl...
Nov 6, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2014
Is it just me or are the fansubs off-sync with the audio? They play way before the lines the subs are referring to are even said.
Nov 6, 2016 3:57 PM
Feb 2016
The thing if i'm not wrong is that Rinne did a wrong move. She took Miura and that face was like "I have no other choice". That white flag at the end was kinda unexpected and yeah, it tells me that Rinne made a huge mistake.

Now, i don't know if she knows that maybe "killed" Miura or almost, because those ribs were pulverized and that while they're fighting they shouldn't receive any pain beyong that shield that they use.

I guess, she is fucked up. She is too OP. That woman is using her. Fuuka i guess she will beat the shit of her and the end. Vivio won't fight against Rinne or maybe quit the fight.

I just hate Rinne personality so much. I hope Fuuka fuck her up in the final match.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 4:00 PM

Jun 2012
Rinne wanted to show how strong she is, by using strikers, something Miura is god at, and almost loses, seriously Rinne, it's never good to get cocky. I tip my hat to sound department, whenever Rinne hit someone, it sounds painful.
Nov 6, 2016 4:18 PM
Jul 2009
kamil88 said:
I tip my hat to sound department, whenever Rinne hit someone, it sounds painful.

I noticed that too. Her blows sound really heavy. When she was pownding on Miura's defence at the end, I thought she was gonna break Miura's arms with those blows.
Nov 6, 2016 4:23 PM

Nov 2015
Burger-Meister said:
Is it just me or are the fansubs off-sync with the audio? They play way before the lines the subs are referring to are even said.

Nope, they're out of sync. They're ~10 seconds early because they start playing straight after the opening ends, during the sponsor message or whatever it's called. It's unfortunate that it hasn't been corrected yet hours later, as it should just be a simple 5sec fix in whichever editing program they use. But as a temporary fix, if you're watching using an animeuploader video source, if you get lost you can just hit the back arrow 2-3 times and it'll show the subs for that moment (3 times because we react late, so even though it's only 10 seconds before, it's usually easier to keep track of if you skip back 15 seconds).
ECHOnceNov 6, 2016 4:50 PM
Nov 6, 2016 4:31 PM

Nov 2013
Don't worry guys, Miura was trained by the Wolkenritter, remember? Some broken ribs aren't crippling someone connected with Shamal.

JGChavesNov 6, 2016 4:35 PM
Nov 6, 2016 4:56 PM
Oct 2015
Hoppy said:
That bone crushing ending, I think Rinne is fighting to the death and not just being in it to win it. Someone needs to beat her ass before she does kill someone.

Fuuka did pretty good, beating her opponent in mere seconds, even more quickly than Vivio.
ive been thinking she needs a serious ass kicking for a while now and so does jill
Nov 6, 2016 5:21 PM
Feb 2015
Dear Jill,

once-in-a-century talent refers to the likes of Nanoha & Fate not Rinne. >_>
Nov 6, 2016 5:27 PM
Jul 2009
ixarising said:
Dear Jill,

I'm pretty sure she means talent as a martial artist, not as a mage.
Nov 6, 2016 5:35 PM
Feb 2015
1idd0kun said:
ixarising said:
Dear Jill,

I'm pretty sure neither Nanoha or Fate would be weak in hand-to-hand combat. Nanoha did blocked two attacks at the same time from Subaru and Teana with her bare hands and Rinne's attack won't even land on Fate in the first place.
Nov 6, 2016 5:58 PM
Jul 2009
ixarising said:
1idd0kun said:

I'm pretty sure neither Nanoha or Fate would be weak in hand-to-hand combat. Nanoha did blocked two attacks at the same time from Subaru and Teana with her bare hands and Rinne's attack won't even land on Fate in the first place.

They could only block her attacks using magic. Rinne has talent as a fighter. Her blows are unnaturally heavy. She was breaking bones when she was a little kid. Neither Nanoha or Fate could do something like that without magic, specially not when they were kids.

Nov 6, 2016 6:58 PM
Oct 2015
if rinne does to vivio what she did to miura dont expect nanoha and fate to keep quiet
Nov 6, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2014
Vivio? Miura's Rival?
Whatever you say munchkin, the one time you guys fought you kicked her so hard she went into a coma xD

I was a bit sad Miura ended up being Rinne's first blood, but Sword Draw isn't that effective in short matches where not a whole lot of magic was used.
Also she totally cheated! She said she wasn't going to use any grabs! >.<

The meta as pre comeback monologue was fun touch, made the defeat that much more painful. Also the bgm while Rinne was on her rampage was mint.

Pretty much anything can go at this point, since they're organising a post tournament bout for Rinne and Fuuka. I feel Rinne may get dumpster'd by Vivio or Einhart, especially since the damage she did to Miura.

Miura didn't even get the chance to use any cool german moves smh
Nov 6, 2016 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
They wasted 2 episodes to make Rinne would look more likeable just for hate her more in this episode.
Vivid Strike is about Fuuka, so i hope Rinne get befriended by Fuuka in the best style of Nanohaverse.
Nov 6, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2011
straight up savage fights glad Miura put up a good fight , but still thought Rinne was throwing the fight at first with 2 downs turns out it's because shes built like a tank now doesn't change the fact she ended fight in less of a way of winning and more of causing some serious damage i know they don't get hurt as much but that x ray shot says other wise What the hell Rinne!?
Nov 6, 2016 9:49 PM

Aug 2014
1idd0kun said:
NamelessWaltz said:
Poor Miura

Rinne is a bitch and the most disliked character in this show in my opinion, what was the reason for her to turn against Fuuka especially after she protected her so much during their childhood? girl is completly nuts and I hope Fuuka will be powerful enough to kick her sorry ass
Nov 6, 2016 10:35 PM

Apr 2011
That flashback of Miura felt like a death flag. But instead she gets broken ribs. Sorry Miura. But your defeat is already written before hand.

Lol. Fuuka just decimated her opponent in seconds.
Nov 7, 2016 2:45 AM
Jan 2009
The only question is about the next episode. I don't really care for Miura much so meh, good job Rinne.
Nov 7, 2016 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
Tch her coach threw in the towel too late when the damage had been done. Miura's left ribs didn't break, they got completely crushed like decimated. So much hell imo. They should put some kind of restraint on Rinne or give her opponents some armor otherwise she may end up killing someone.
Nov 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Aug 2016
Nice episode I gues... I hope this doesn't turn out like winx club and we need to see the transformation every time...
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 7, 2016 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
CobaltNoHoshi said:
The only question is about the next episode. I don't really care for Miura much so meh, good job Rinne.

Yeah, im with you. They knew Rinne is a power hitter so her attacks needs to be avoided more or less, Miura got hurt so much cause of her desperation to win even if she was already at her limit. That last attempt was really unecessary, so she got what she wanted - broken ribs taking a huge hit from power hitter.
Nov 7, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2008
I feel like Rinne made the worst possible decision. If she went all in on breaking the rule she set up for herself then she goes for a throw, then she does much less severe damage. If she didn't break that promise at all then her punch doesn't do as much harm (if it lands at all because she doesn't stop the kick). By stopping the kick and then punching she added a dangerous level of force into that punch.

That was just a plain reckless choice on Rinne's part. She failed to accomplish what she set out to do and could have killed someone in the process. If she can't control her strength to what is needed for a situation then she's going to kill someone. Rinne is honestly lucky that they are stepping away from the regular Nanoha cast. Since if they hadn't then this match ends with Vita jumping into the ring and knocking Rinne's head off her shoulders with Eisen....

All the more reason for them to get further along and Fuka's eventual victory over Rinne. She needs to be reigned in before she does something that can't be fixed. Presuming of course that the magi-tech in Mid can regenerate bone. Breaking or cracking ribs is one thing, shattering them is an entirely different level of danger.

In terms of the match itself...it was actually close. There were a few means that Miura had in order to win the match. So despite Jill calling her a "one in a century talent" she could have easily lost that one. If Miura kept up her regular attack method she might have won. She only needed one more down and her attacks were effective enough at knocking Rinne on her rear. It wouldn't KO her, but she didn't need to. Going all out might have worked as well if she was more careful about it. Of course she might have been if Rinne hadn't been sticking to her declaration of going with no grabs or throws.

Miura had to lose for the story. It's obvious where this is going. Rinne beats Miura. Then she'll beat Vivio in their rematch. That sets the stage for Fuka to beat Rinne and knock some sense into her. Then we'll have Fuka vs Einhart, probably with Fuka losing but showing her potential in her first big tournament.
Nov 7, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far. The fighting was so intense
Nov 7, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2009
FlareKnight said:
Miura had to lose for the story. It's obvious where this is going. Rinne beats Miura. Then she'll beat Vivio in their rematch. That sets the stage for Fuka to beat Rinne and knock some sense into her. Then we'll have Fuka vs Einhart, probably with Fuka losing but showing her potential in her first big tournament.

Since the tournament is pretty quick-paced, I get the feeling Rinne might beat Fuka in a close match and lose to Einhart in the finals. Then Fuka and Rinne could have an unofficial match at the end, sort of like Vivio and Einhart in Nanoha Vivid.
Nov 7, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2008
FlareKnight said:
I feel like Rinne made the worst possible decision. If she went all in on breaking the rule she set up for herself then she goes for a throw, then she does much less severe damage. If she didn't break that promise at all then her punch doesn't do as much harm (if it lands at all because she doesn't stop the kick). By stopping the kick and then punching she added a dangerous level of force into that punch.

That was just a plain reckless choice on Rinne's part. She failed to accomplish what she set out to do and could have killed someone in the process. If she can't control her strength to what is needed for a situation then she's going to kill someone. Rinne is honestly lucky that they are stepping away from the regular Nanoha cast. Since if they hadn't then this match ends with Vita jumping into the ring and knocking Rinne's head off her shoulders with Eisen....

Yeah, that entire choosing not to grab last second really made things that much worse. You could tell Rinne was desperate and did that pretty much on reflex, and she'd definitely had lost had she not gone for it. Miura also probably wasn't as careful because of that rule Rinne set for herself, and was likely aiming to finish things as fast as she could since in terms of sheer endurance, Rinne could probably win. If the fight drags out between the second and third down, that's probably it for Miura, and I think she wasn't taking any chances if Rinne could have a better read on her after the first two downs.

While I'm pretty sure Vivio will lose and we'll get Fuuka vs Rinne, the main thing that gets me here is the pacing. At the rate we're going, episode 8 would be when Fuuka vs. Rinne happens (maybe we'll get a break in episode 8) and we've got a whole 4 episodes after that. And I'm thinking 3 big fights=3 episodes, so we've got 3 left.

Fuuka losing the first match against Rinne, then Einhart beating Rinne, and then a rematch happening sounds like a good possibility to cover some ground, or they could just throw another twist entirely and derail the tournament somehow, who knows. Honestly, with this being anime original and not having source material to look up, it's hard to say at this point.
Nov 7, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
Ah man I saw it coming but yikes that defeat killed me. The obvious passion that Miura had to fight with her friends in later rounds really hurt me when I knew immediately that her wish wasn't going to happen.
While not much consolation she won this match in terms of principles, she forced Rinne to use a grab (and it's obvious that Rinne was upset that she had to), thus breaking her initial vow. Obviously vows don't mean anything in the ring as indicated by Micaiah's suspicion, but nonetheless for someone as prideful as Rinne it was a strong blow.

I honestly don't know if Vivio will win or lose though, I feel like she shouldn't but I also feel that from the direction of the anime and the OP she's going to lose?
Ugh I legitimately cannot wait a week for this stuff
Regardless though I hope for some epic action next episode with Einhald and maybe Vivio vs Rinne? I dunno maybe they'll make that it's own ep or something? Yeah my sense of pacing is bad but whatever I'm excited for fights regardless.
gust11Nov 7, 2016 4:34 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 7, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2011
1idd0kun said:

They could only block her attacks using magic. Rinne has talent as a fighter. Her blows are unnaturally heavy. She was breaking bones when she was a little kid. Neither Nanoha or Fate could do something like that without magic, specially not when they were kids.

Pretty sure Nanoha also received training from her siblings from a very young age and is quite capable as well.
Nov 7, 2016 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Rinne's lust for power almost gets Miura disabled, c'mon Fuuka, fight her!
Nov 7, 2016 8:09 PM

Jun 2015
I knew Rinne was going to win. Miura put up a good fight. As for how she lost, damn that punch rekt her bones. That was a bone shattering defeat. I hope she's okay. Fuuka better get revenge for that.
Nov 7, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2008
Just sat down and caught up with all 6 episodes. Holy shit. This could end up being better than A's for me, and that's saying something.

The backstory's ending in ep 4 was brutal, and the ribs breaking here. Damn. Really surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. Really liking Rinne and Fuuka even though the former can be a bit too bitchy.
Nov 8, 2016 1:17 AM
Jul 2009
Rapostrophe said:
1idd0kun said:

Pretty sure Nanoha also received training from her siblings from a very young age and is quite capable as well.

I'm sure she's capable, in a normal way. But Rinne's a monster. Remember that time when Nanoha had an argument with Suzuka and ended up slapping her? If Rinne slapped someone like that, they would have ended up in the hospital. lol

Her physical strength is simply abnormal. In Nanoha's case, what's abnormal is her magic.
1idd0kunNov 8, 2016 3:17 AM
Nov 8, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2014
well was obvious that miu would lose but i wonder is they gonna make Vivio lose as well just so Rinne and Fuuka can fight.. but all in all idk i just didn't like how that last fight was tbh i mean i don't care if miu lost cause like i said it was obvious from the start but it was just how they made it happen

anyway looking forward to the next ep with Vivio vs Rinne see how they'll make this match go
"one step at a time"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

116 by Harvestor »»
Sep 22, 11:03 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.