Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2016 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it's kinda what I had anticipated. A lot of exposition about the school, its system, and students as well.

They tried to make the "battle" look serious although I find it rather silly so far. Going to give it a few more episodes but the first episode felt pretty weird.
Oct 5, 2016 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
Dbz, Pokemon and Digimon reference in the beginning. XD

Well that was so over the top and crazy that I actually liked it.
All that tech to study/cheat, Wow. :3
That poor brown haired guy, He would have passed by himself if it weren't for the C types.

I'm all up for more crazy exam battles, Looking forward to see what becomes of the so called Legendary Generation.
Oct 5, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2015
That is NEAT cheating utensils alright. Just tranquilize the teacher, and you're on for some cheating action. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 5, 2016 7:13 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is so epic. xD An anime about cheating and they make it look so over-the-top shounen-ish. I really liked this :D
Oct 5, 2016 8:03 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

That poor brown haired guy, He would have passed by himself if it weren't for the C types.

I'm all up for more crazy exam battles, Looking forward to see what becomes of the so called Legendary Generation.

So that was Shenron, Garurumon and Ho-Oh right at the start?
I thought the bird looked more like Birdramon from Digimon.

Overall it was a pretty fun episode. Let's be honest here, who hasn't cheated before?
It doesn't have to be on an exam, but it could be copying the answers to homework because well sometimes we forget to do homework right?

That fight was pretty hilarious. For some reason I thought of Commensalism to describe the relationship between that guy who was cheating and trying to protect his friend.

Ou-chan's character design is quite cute and bubbly. Anxious to see what new cheating antics they will show.

Oct 5, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2015
Well, this seems rather silly and ridiculous. This was mostly an introduction though, so I'll have to wait till next time to see what the show's really like.
Oct 5, 2016 8:17 AM

Dec 2014
LovelyHikari said:
Lelouch0202 said:

So that was Shenron, Garurumon and Ho-Oh right at the start?
I thought the bird looked more like Birdramon from Digimon.

Yeah, Those were the three I thought of. Though you're right the bird does looks more like Birdramon than Ho-Oh. Well, I guess it looks better on paper to say it was 3 different references. XD
Oct 5, 2016 8:19 AM

Jun 2015
I like how they paced this first episode really well and sets a tone (somewhat) for the series moving forward.. it's always tough to get the pacing of these shorts right, especially one with a plot. Narrator also did a decent job as well.
Will definitely be keeping an eye out for this!

Oct 5, 2016 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Don't tell me this is an another short form one.

Anime is dying.
Oct 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2012
that was okay-ish. thankfully its 10 mins long
Oct 5, 2016 8:47 AM

Sep 2014
Lelouch0202 said:

its the four symbols. Azure Dragon, Vermillion bird, White tiger, and Black turtle
Oct 5, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2016
this chinese cartoon is so ridiculous
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 5, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
I'm going to give this a try, but it was kinda dumb XD

Oct 5, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
what the heck... I remember my days of preparing for university exams...but it wasn't as intense thank god
Oct 5, 2016 9:07 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol this show finna be lit af
Oct 5, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2010
This is so dumb and I loved every second of it.
Oct 5, 2016 9:33 AM
Aug 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

Where? If You refer to the 4 beast at the begin You had that totally wrong. The dragon , the Phoenix ,the white tiger and the turtle are the 4 guardians of the 4 cardinal points in the chinese (think it is) folkore...They are not reference to neither Db or Pokémon or Digimon (maybe They are inspired to from the same source).
Oct 5, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
This anime is inspirational

Oct 5, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
Well, so this is a thing...

That warning at the end... don't try this at home kids!... XD
Oct 5, 2016 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
The episode is only 12 minutes long and they wasted 10 minutes with useless explanations. I skipped most of it except the last 2 minutes.

And I'm a bit confused: in the synopsis it says they are enemies, but in the anime it says they work together.

Either way, this will be stupid fun or just stupid.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 5, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2013
Thought that was really fun, wish it was longer though!
Kind of surprised by the poll results, does MAL have a thing against Chinese adaptions?
Oct 5, 2016 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
Big_Gammy said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Where? If You refer to the 4 beast at the begin You had that totally wrong. The dragon , the Phoenix ,the white tiger and the turtle are the 4 guardians of the 4 cardinal points in the chinese (think it is) folkore...They are not reference to neither Db or Pokémon or Digimon (maybe They are inspired to from the same source).

Dninja said:
Lelouch0202 said:
its the four symbols. Azure Dragon, Vermillion bird, White tiger, and Black turtle

Well it's just that the designs for them in this particular show were very reminiscent of Shenron, Garurmon and Ho-Oh to an extent.
Oct 5, 2016 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
lol what the serious fuck China Japan?
Oct 5, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
That was completely over-the-top and kinda critical about the school system and how degrees determinate our whole life. I've found it surprisingly funny, I hope they'll be able to make an entire anime around this concept, without it becoming repetitive.
Oct 5, 2016 11:15 AM

Sep 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Big_Gammy said:

Dninja said:

Well it's just that the designs for them in this particular show were very reminiscent of Shenron, Garurmon and Ho-Oh to an extent.

you got it backwards son
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 5, 2016 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
lol Cheating methods XD
Oct 5, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't expected cheats like this XD

They literally knock out the supervisors to fight, what's wrong with this society xD that's so dumb XD I can't believe it
Oct 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2010
LovelyHikari said:
Overall it was a pretty fun episode. Let's be honest here, who hasn't cheated before?

I never cheat. This is retarded and useless. This anime sounds retarded too, I'm going to drop it if they don't improve something from that first episode.
Oct 5, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
This show is obviously being stupid on purpose. And I like it. The episodes are short so why not?
Oct 5, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
damn they made it even sillier than i expected. guess not my cup of tea. wont continue to watch i think
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Oct 5, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
Beatrice-KF said:
LovelyHikari said:

I never cheat. This is retarded and useless. This anime sounds retarded too, I'm going to drop it if they don't improve something from that first episode.

Not really.
What's retarded, is to waste hours of your life on something that you'll never need again.
.................................................................................
Oct 5, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2016
Romedbaumann said:
Beatrice-KF said:

Not really.
What's retarded, is to waste hours of your life on something that you'll never need again.
yup, be smart. why wasting your time studying when you can cheat

jk, i dont study, i dont cheat but always get to top school anyway XD

some of those bookworm AAA student who study all the time probably become my employee in the future anyway
CrossAnge

Oct 5, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2014
Is the author copying Bento? It is pretty much same thing except the main point is exam instead of bento...

WTF, pretty silly so far.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
That was actually very bad. Who is the girl anyways.
Oct 5, 2016 2:53 PM
Feb 2016
This anime is gonna change everyone's view on taking tests
tests will never be the same ever again
(they gonna make taking tests in the anime so epic)
Oct 5, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2015
Who knew taking tests would be so dangerous and ofcourse the one who cheated succeeded in life and the one who played fair is a loser now, such is life....

Love how they warned at the end not to cheat irl xD
Oct 5, 2016 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
Naruto Chuunin Written Exams, Believe It!

Kurapika what are you doing here? XD

Oct 5, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2014
Lmao that note at the end. Why's that guy wearing headphones XD
Oct 5, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
what the fuck did i just watch....?

it was ok until the random end of the world battle took place....what
Oct 5, 2016 4:41 PM

Jul 2016
Earlier in the episode, they have cheating device detector. Later in the episode, just a tranquilizer and you're in for cheating. What a way to cheat.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 5, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2016
LovelyHikari said:

Yeah, Those were the three I thought of. Though you're right the bird does looks more like Birdramon than Ho-Oh. Well, I guess it looks better on paper to say it was 3 different references. XD

If you think about it, it was based on the 4 Legendary Beast Guardians in Chinese Folklore. Oh wait, this is being produced by a Chinese studio. Get it now? It shouldn't be based on anime references.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 5, 2016 5:52 PM

Oct 2010
MAL synopsis: "The heated battle between Mumei, a C-type student, and Koui, an L-type, begins! Can Koui outsmart Mumei and her tricks?"

Episode: C-type and L-type students support each other. Mumei (boy) and Koui (girl) are teaming up to free Koui's wrongfully imprisoned dad. (Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iX64NmUDA )

What's happening?
Oct 5, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2011
lol yeah older shounen are sometimes inspired by Chinese-origin or influence, surprised that some of you don't know the Four Symbols of China though.

Anyways. wtf did I just watch.
Oct 5, 2016 8:37 PM
Sep 2016
This was just stupid and I loved it. Definitely going to keep watching to see how it plays out. :D
Oct 5, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2016
GangsterCat said:
Romedbaumann said:

Not really.
yup, be smart. why wasting your time studying when you can cheat

jk, i dont study, i dont cheat but always get to top school anyway XD

some of those bookworm AAA student who study all the time probably become my employee in the future anyway

exactly

also on the anime, hmmmmmmmm might drop, maybe 5 years ago I might have.... not feeling it, the 'don't cheat' disclaimer at the end was killing me, ill give another episode c:

Oct 5, 2016 9:12 PM

Oct 2013
kind of an interesting premise lol. despite all the exposition i wasn't super bored.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Oct 5, 2016 9:15 PM
Jun 2013
Interesting set-up episode. It's funny how the cheating dude was crying when he just used his buddy as a meat shield that knocked him out. The real meat is next episode, though, where the main characters come into play. Hopefully it'll be more epic than just shooting pen darts.
Oct 5, 2016 10:49 PM

May 2015

Ok then, I'll give this a few episodes.
Oct 5, 2016 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
This wasn't exactly what I expected. I kinda thought that it would at least be a little bit more realistic and not have stuff like answer seeing lens or whatever. It wasn't that bad though but it had some off parts. I thought I could get some tips and tricks but it doesn't look like that'll be the case here.

This world takes entrance exams way too seriously for their own good. Entrance exams here are what determine how successful you would be in life. If you don't pass it you're a disgrace to humanity. Many kids try to study their asses off while others work hard to become cheaters. Unlike what they showed here, cheaters don't really rely on one single nerd. Only in ideal circumstances would the two be able to sit near enough to cheat properly. Cheaters get information from wherever possible and not just from one nerd alone. Another thing was why the hell were they all after those two kids only? Weren't there other nerds in the examination hall or was there only one nerd available? Also, how did the blonde guy pass the test? His nerd partner hadn't finished the exam before he got attacked from all sides. Or did he finish enough to pass? They did show that the nerds, and everyone else too, want others to screw up more so that they can pass easily even if they screw up a bit mainly because of the seat limits for universities. In the end, the examination hall was pretty much made for cheating. The kid had to push his/her paper just a bit more towards one side and the candidate behind can easily copy the entire paper.

I'll continue with this to see whether I can get some tips or not. That little disclaimer at the end isn't going to stop me.
Oct 5, 2016 11:12 PM

Jun 2015
An anime about cheating and how far people would go to do it xD I find this very relatable. This is so silly, yet so fun to watch. I like this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 3 Discussion

PhylloNakamura - Oct 19, 2016

35 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 22, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

47 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 22, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

49 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2016

19 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2016

27 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.