Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 22, 2016 5:58 AM
Oct 2015
Fiji said:
they revealed it and even introduced the one who can heal her, and also give Ayato a bit of more of a connection to Ophelia.
Nope, she came on her own accord.

RayAdha said:
That shot where Ayato eating together with Sylvia, Priscilla, and Irene....should get its own episode. I wanna see more of it.
Jun 22, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2015
Pure bull$hit LN ending where they carry on and introduce a bunch of new plot lines and characters, just to say “buy the LN!” The battle was pretty cool this episode, but seriously, this is the most hideous jumble of plotlines forced together in a final episode to promote the LN that I have ever seen. Such a blow hard way to end the series. They should have just ended the show after ep. When then Won the Festa...
Jun 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
it was a pretty good episode imo but not satisfiying enought. for the most reason is because there are many new question and mystery appeared in the last 3 episode. so, right now, i want another season badly considering they made a really good action in this finale episode too.

Saya with a big sniper, now that was awsome imo xD
my god, that mad scientist voice actor xD fit perfectly with the category called "mad scientist" xD

i really hope for s3 tho. it's getting more interesting and more enjoyable each episode in this season and i didn't actually expect it to be this interesting especially that new festa. damn! i want to see it! there are even many new character appeared in the ending ;_; good thing that they put the first opening song as the ending song of this finale episode :D

overall, it was a great and enjoyable second cour as always like the first season. i still enjoyed it like when i was watching the first season and for the plot, it's indeed getting more and more interesting. i hope for s3. 9/10 for this anime.
Jun 22, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2009
A shame we never got to see those two red-head sisters again. They show up what, one time this season? Too bad. I liked them.
Jun 22, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2014
I would've actually preferred it if they ended it on a cliffhanger right when Ayato was notified about his sister, and then used that extra time to actually include the rather important scenes and character introductions that they outright skipped over...
Jun 23, 2016 2:51 AM

Jun 2014
SAYA <3 shes so cute.

Seriously though, a very satisfying end to the season. I hope for a season 3. I would enjoy it.

There was a weird transition during the hydra fight that left me confused for a moment, but it was still a pretty damn good fight!

I loved all the ending screens too.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 26, 2016 12:30 AM

Jul 2008
Hail Hydra?

Yeah I hate it when anime never finish the story. This will probably be it for the show which sucks. 6/10.
Jun 28, 2016 1:38 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't expect too much of the show and of course, it wasn't any special. There were some cool stuff here and there, but it was lacking as a whole. However, I would love to see more of Claudia... :)
Jun 28, 2016 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
Well honestly ive seen many animes that sold average to good with no sequels many 'sure thing' sequels from popular series that simple havent happened. I would hesitate before I call it 'never going to happen' Honestly I would not be surprised in the least if another season came out in 1-3 years. And I wouldnt be shocked if it didn't.

That said the second Cour much better than the First. And for its Genre the series was actually an enjoyable watch and seemed to more or less be quite faithful to its source material which is more than I can say for some.
Jun 29, 2016 11:34 PM

Jul 2014
The pacing was a bit too much honestly. Ouch.

Pretty solid season two though overall. I'd watch a season three if it came out.
♬ choo choo hibiki train ♬

Jul 2, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2015
This pretty much confirms season 3.

This episode was good for a finale, teasing us like that.

Jul 2, 2016 6:45 AM

Mar 2015
Overall decent follow-up to the first season, we got some good action even though it was 99% predictable.. didn't like Flora's seiyuu and when I found out she was also Anne-Happy's Timothy well...............

6/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 2, 2016 3:49 PM

Feb 2013
I thought it was just as good as the first season. Would definitely like to see more.

7/10
Jul 3, 2016 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
Too much teasing at the end. With all those new characters introduced, I hope they decide to release a third season.
Jul 5, 2016 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
the plot is expanding but as soon as the Season 2 ends...waiting for S3!
4/5.
7/10.

Jul 8, 2016 8:52 PM
Jul 2012
Hmm.... After thinking about it... I think one of the ONLY reasons that I continued watching was because I wanted to see the background to how Ayato's sister got into that coma to begin with and what really went down. Not because Ayato is that great. I do think some of the fighting is interesting. Also curious about Yabuki and who his loyalty lies with, along with if Sylvie will be in the Festas.
Jul 9, 2016 3:59 AM
Dec 2015
That scene with Ayato, Sylvia, Priscilla, and Irene, it basically makes it look like he has a Side Harem.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Jul 11, 2016 3:16 AM
Apr 2016
The anime doesnt have a very good story.. agreed. but still feel like watching it D:
Its got nice songs.. n cute characters.. better than half of the anime of similar genre. cant wai t for s3!
Jul 16, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The series has its good moments, don't get me wrong but it's definitely not something I get excited about and look forward to.
Jul 27, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2012
Kirin was easily able to take out Gustave.. Yet Ayato and Julis fly by him without attacking and only try to when he spawns a hydra.

Kirin best girl.

Tournament was boring to me. Flora should have stayed kidnapped. The events after were okay I guess.
Aug 1, 2016 8:19 AM

Sep 2015
Wow, never expected I'd end up liking this. Characters are all interesting, I like all the girls... which is rare for me because everytime I finish this kind of show there will always be one girl I end up hating. I don't understand why Asterisk feels really interesting to me even though it has the usual kind of story that always came with harem anime... Well, whatever *shrugs*

Looking forward to buy the novel XD
Sep 7, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
so that mean we will get s: 3 later

Sep 13, 2016 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
kerowolf said:
The pacing was a bit too much honestly. Ouch.

Pretty solid season two though overall. I'd watch a season three if it came out.
I agree. Most of the episode was spent on the hydra which wasn't even really necessary. They could have easily finished up with Gustave in the last episode.

It just feels wrong to me that Haruka is given a throwaway reference at the end of the episode. And it's littered with so many jump cuts it might as well have been a montage. I think finding his sister and seeing the emotions develop on Ayato's face and absorbing that knowledge should've been given the proper time it deserves.

You know what would have built the anticipation better? If the scene started out with Ayato walking into the hospital and hearing his footsteps echo as he traverses the ghost-like empty corridors. Eventually reaching the door where his sister is supposed to be and opening the door to reveal both the shock developing on his face but also the light from the room shining and obscuring his face so that we can't really tell how he's reacting.

It's little things like this that Gakusen misses out on and that's why it struggles to get anything above a 6 or 7 right now.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Sep 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
Surprisingly, this anime really had a huge impact on me!
I loved it! Despite all the comments i read because of its adaptation from LN. I'll probably agree with them if i have read it but i didn't so I will go to the brighter side! Haha.

Solid 10/10 for me. The characters are demn lovable and the story is also great. It may not be unique but demn nice and it has its own charisma. Soundtrack is also nice, especially Sylvie's uta! V! ;)
As for the pacing hmmm, i admit it was rush with the last eps but i think their gonna re-run it with the 3rd season which im really looking forward to :)

So yup! Added this to one of my faves! Thanks for this wonderful anime;). Its not everyday i get this hooked up :))
Oct 12, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
So... the end.

Saya and Kirin definitely need an anime just for them. They are too cute and cool.
Not just talking about own feelings, but also reasonable, they deserved to win that tournament. BUT... Ayato and Julis are the main, so they have to win, right? Just give him a super weapon and done! 1 hit kill.

About the end, just another "Go read the LN". You don't know how I love this!

I liked the show but what I said above about the plot driven (they HAVE to win and/or they have to lose - predictable things) and the inconsistencies (specially about Ayato's power and etc) didn't please me. Well, not that the first thing is something unusual in animes like this one.

6/10
TechOtakuOct 12, 2016 12:17 PM
Oct 20, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 2013
Saya and Kirin sleeping on Ayato's bed was cute. There are definitely worse ways to wake up.

Don't mess with Julis or Ayato, or the Loli Team will come after you. And you wouldn't want that.

The fight against the Hydra was nice and how Kirin knocked out the SOB was cool.

Madiath claims to have found Haruka ( damn liar ) and Magnum Opus offers Ayato to heal her.

I hope, that there will be a third season.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 20, 2016 7:19 PM

Nov 2013
Viteracf said:
So... the end.

Saya and Kirin definitely need an anime just for them. They are too cute and cool.

I agree, that would be great. And I wouldn't mind them winning the Festa, but like you said they are not the mains, so third ( or fourth? ) place for them. But they can still win the next Festa as part of the team, only I doubt, that we will see that animated.
TheBigGuyOct 20, 2016 7:23 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 11, 2017 6:41 AM
Aug 2016
Please let there be season 3, I don't want this to turn out like Infinite Stratos.
Feb 1, 2017 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
Hilda's laugh sounded like something from One Piece

They also added a lot of things at the last minute so it felt a bit rushed.
Feb 10, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2017
6/10

lackluster story, too complex.
Mar 23, 2017 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
The hydra was pretty cool.

3/10 - barely watchable

The "plot pacing" in this series was quite awful. Whoever arranged the episodes has no idea how to build things up or bring things to an exciting conclusion. It's like they took "content" and arbitrarily cut it into episodes. "The story isn't done, but we're out of time so let's just stop mid-way."

All the "where's my sister" stuff... DONE. Found her, she's right here napping. WTF?! Boring!
BurntJellyMar 23, 2017 3:38 PM
Jul 4, 2017 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
Ayato thinks of Claudia.
I would have been fine with Claudia and Kirin sleeping with Ayato.
The dragons are coming?
Damn it, Flora. Don't just run inside the room screaming. My ears need to prepare themselves first.
The dragons are here.
Claudia.
Ayato being OP taking that Leviathan out.
Kirin with the wan taan finisher.
Claudia's father.
Claudia's wish.
lol He "found" his sister.
Nee-chan oppai.
Now someone can cure his sister.
Dat fucking laugh.
Magnum Opus in the flesh.
Damn you Claudia's father for making Claudia apologize for your actions.
Dat Claudia smile.
They played the 1st OP song. Best song.
Ayato and Claudia, future husbando and waifu, training together. AAAAAAAAH! Claudia looking so fine in that outfit.
Kirin look so pretty with her hair like that.
Claudia and her naked spirit looking so good.

And that was the end...for now (?). I hope GTA continues. Can't just end it before the story focuses on the true heroine and waifu, Claudia. Don't screw over the Claudia fans.

Claudia was the best thing and girl about this series. I hope she ends up with Ayato.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 2, 2017 12:47 PM
Nov 2013
Totally awesome series and worth the watch in my opinion. I do have one major gripe, however it will have no bearing on how I rate this anime as I give it an 8/10.

My major gripe is the fact that this anime much like Sword Art Online is not for sale at a reasonable price. I would gladly purchase both seasons if they were priced at or below $50 a season. I'm sorry though I don't consider $65-$70 for a mere 4 episodes to even being close to reasonable. There is no way in hell I can justify paying almost $200 just to get a full season's anime. Just not gonna happen so I hope there will eventually be a re-release that will be more moderately priced at some point or I just will pass on purchasing it. I won't stoop to buying a bootleg but it is unreasonable prices like this that encourage people to do so that wouldn't otherwise.
Feb 13, 2018 5:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Cirris said:
lol, so they end the show on a massive cliffhanger dump and say "sayonara". Cause the show didn't sell well you'll just have to go and read the light novel instead.

Tokoya said:
Really nice ending for S2....Lots of setup and teasing for future events too and I really want a S3 now

The show was barely even ranking on the BD charts. there isn't going to be a season 3. TBH, if it wasn't for the fact that they scheduled S2 even before the first season started, i doubt this season would have gotten made after the first season's numbers bombed out.

The problem with BD sales is that while I do believe most japanese that seen the series liked it, most of those will never buy them, they ARE EXPENSIVE!
Of course buying BDs, movies or anime in the western world was never the cheapest, but the japanese industry really trying suck the customers dry, they sell the BDs as separated volumes, mostly 3 episodes per volume and then they charge alot for it, it is crazy that you are paying that much solely for 3 episodes!
That for me is the reason most anime sales arent that good and only the very best get decent sales, sometimes not even those, and only those very popular get it, and as you know, popularity doesnt always associates with quality!

This series here deserves and S3! It improves over S1, the scale of the story and battles increases, so does the fights and quality of the animation, new favorites like Sylvia appear, the Phoenix arc is concluded well too, great OP and ED, good soundtrack... the only problem is that the conclusion in a way feels very lacking, it is a great setup for a S3, and if that doesnt happen (changes are minimal at this point), that ending with all these reveals feels so pointless and just tasteless.

I liked this series from the start, it is the cliche harem plot done right, enjoyable and that is what I want from what I watch.
S1 already was a good watch, S2 actually expands on that , WOW! Sweet ... only to fall into one of the biggest examples I have seen of "now go read the light novel"!
Guess that is what I will have to do, been a standard for years.

8.1/10
Sep 13, 2018 9:46 PM

Mar 2014
2 years later and no chance of a third season

quality animation and got some character development at the end 7.5/10 overall
Sep 14, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
So they set things up for a season 3, not really disappointed that it won't happen though. It was pretty bad, even for a harem show. Nothing we haven't seen before. 3/10
Apr 19, 2019 12:18 PM

Jan 2011
As it stands, I'll give this a seven if only because I now have the LN on my reading list. We still don't have a full understanding of what Claudia is up to and I suspect it's going to be one of the main plot lines in the later LN. I'm hoping the LN will be a little more ecchi and a bit less shounen, but we'll see.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 31, 2019 12:55 AM

May 2009
Conclusion:

This show is a lot better than Digibro's infamous 12-part flaming suggested it might be.

He basically missed all the interesting plot aspects and focused on the early episodes which had notoriously poor characterization.

But in complaining about the harem aspects he didn't realize that there were darker elements involving intrigue and politics and stuff that would come to the fore later.

Also the fight scenes are quite nice, and the art design in general has a very good sense of tone.

The first season is weighed down by a lot of awkward (i.e. not funny) harem antics, but this season is less affected in this way.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 3, 2019 12:31 AM
May 2019
2019 still waiting for season 3
Jun 3, 2019 5:08 PM

Dec 2012
Ah shucks, another cliffhanger right as it gets interesting again. I guess it was wishful thinking to think these kinds of shows would ever get closure. Still, I enjoyed the battles and seeing the first tournament through was satisfying. I thought the remaining episodes would be tying up loose ends, but instead opened up a vast world and revealed just how many forces were at play. Toning down the harem/ecchi antics to focus on the plot was a welcome touch. Better to end on a cliffhanger knowing they did everything in their power this season than with 2-3 beach/hot spring episodes mixed in. All in all, it went well and it's piqued my interest in checking out the source.

7/10. Also Flora was simply the cutest. Everything she said and did made me want to protect her. Hnnngh!
Apr 18, 2020 3:56 PM
Jun 2017
Well i dont think there will be a season 3 of this one, but well i just love this series as a whole
Apr 18, 2020 3:57 PM
Jun 2017
Well i dont think this will have a season 3 but well i have enjoyed watching this one
Aug 2, 2020 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
I loved this show with a passion, the fights were great the relationship development between the cast was great really deserves a season 3 and would be at the top of my watchlist of it did happen, very unfortunate that nothing has been said concerning season 3 even though how great the first season did views wise and season two not doing terrible enough to the point where they should’ve dropped it, highly recommend to anyone who hasn’t watched it sets up for a third season nicely with the upcoming festa being announced and Ayato‘s sister been shown possible to be saved, the only thing I could say I didn’t like about this anime was that they left it on such a big cliffhanger. I give it a 10/10
Oct 13, 2020 2:44 AM
Sep 2020
I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I absolutely loved all of it, if they ever release a third season still, I’ll be the first one to watch it.
Jan 7, 2022 7:51 AM
May 2016
Story kind of fizzled out there after the tournament, looks like it was setting up a third season that isn't going to happen. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Mar 14, 2022 6:31 AM

Dec 2008
Thank the gods its over...this franchise has been dropped by me more times than any, but I finally officially finished and technically rewatched it lol I guess the story will be finished either in the manga, or its just left up in the air for people to assume things will continue onto another festa, with even more nonsensical abilities and summons available and just popping out of nowhere...lol ffs. Funny enough, though the first season was less interesting, it had one of the best intros in anume history; PURE PUMP! While the 2nd season seemed to have more aciton, just had as much talking and tlaking and droning on...and just constant nonsense and less of a good theme. Wtf lol BUT ITS OVER! YAAAY! lol
Aug 9, 2022 12:00 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm, this season is inferior to the first, mostly due to a lack of ecchi scenes and the fights felt a bit lacking. Regardless. I'm still looking forward to an S3! The story has gotten a bit interesting with the Gryps Festa. 7/10
Sep 11, 2022 8:09 AM
Sep 2021
A lot of suspense was kept still and looks like if season 3 is ever made it could solve a lot. After he phoenix fest, the next thing is greps fest, which is going to be a big tournament indeed. As for the final episode, it was good.

It was a nice way to end the season.

I give it 6/10.
Jul 19, 2023 3:04 PM
Mar 2020
asdasdasddasdasddasasdasas
Aug 20, 2023 6:00 PM

Oct 2022
Too bad we won't be able to see the Gryps Festa, it would have been cool to see them in a tournament fighting together but a new season is highly unlikely.
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

82 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

80 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2016

100 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 6:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.