Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol they got jousting knights in this tournament. I wasn't really into the fight, felt like Ayato and Julis were fighting against some irrelevant jobbers again.

Julis' part was slightly more entertaining but to be fair, I think the knight had no chance in hell in the first place. Not a very happy background storytelling this episode though..

May 7, 2016 8:21 AM

Sep 2015
Lol pretty much expected, the two knight are not even in the top 10 in Galahadworth of course not strong, a rank 11 and a junior kid somemore. Only the top 10 can be called true knight btw.

The subs are not that good again. And there is the part when Rm-C speak she is embarrassed, not humiliated. AR-D op op when he said something about "growth".

Sylvia~Melodious Witch-the Supreme Songtress <3
valvravetruthMay 7, 2016 8:42 AM
May 7, 2016 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
This show has many animation teams, right?
I'm asking because this episode looked amazing, especially if you compare it to last week crap. Like totally different show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 7, 2016 8:34 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The match was quite fast....and easy, considering Ayato went to it without Ser-Veresta

I never thought Camilla is actually more like Ernesta's underling than best friend.

Another new cute girl <3
Is she...Sylvia??

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 7, 2016 8:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That other semi final match was pretty underwhelming tbh

Other than that, the episode was okay but the part that I really liked was the characterization that we got on the robots and their creators
May 7, 2016 8:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well that match was way too easy. I guessing their opponents made it this far because they were against the weakest of the tournament, lol.

3/5
May 7, 2016 9:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Meh episode.

Can't care about any of the characters.
May 7, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
Disappointing match. Whatever...

OK episode, the puppets' scene was really good, and finally a new character!
May 7, 2016 9:24 AM

Sep 2015
It could have been a great match :(
Omg a new girl, will she join the harem !?
May 7, 2016 9:34 AM

Jul 2012
As always i'll say that the show is mediocre at best and hope for some decent ending, but what was the fight in this episode? Their opponents probably went through easy bracket, but it was so pathetic and after cool and confident entry (it's always so but still) they lost miserably. And i remember about the meeting in the 1st season with all student council, they all were showed as some smart masterminds so i expected each school to have crazy representatives, which in this case doesn't seem like so.
I think their random win against twins was better than this "fight".
May 7, 2016 10:12 AM

Nov 2015
Disappointing ep overall.
The fight was rushed, didn't felt like a semi to me.
The sudden focus on the opponents and their backstory didn't help either.
Beside that there was no development overall, it can be considered a filler as everyone knew they'd be in the finals.
May 7, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2015
Well, that's one quick battle. And another cliffhanger, since I really hope Flora can be saved in this episode? Meh. -_-
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 7, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
plot twist who was the chick at the end.... this is just getting better
May 7, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
IT'S SYLVIA RIGHT?!
May 7, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
allenjke said:
And i remember about the meeting in the 1st season with all student council, they all were showed as some smart masterminds so i expected each school to have crazy representatives, which in this case doesn't seem like so.

You have a point there, but sadly everyone joined the festa by free will and was not selected by student council. Only exception was Irene ordered by Rewolf Dirk. Plus the two galahadworth knight not even within top 10 lol
May 7, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
I'm not sure about girl in end but indeed look like Sylvia.
I'm not so much familiar with voice actor so can't be sure.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 7, 2016 11:07 AM
Jan 2016
Sentient, autonomous machines with feelings? That girl is the dumbest "scientist" in existence... I really can't take a person who thinks this is a good idea seriously.
May 7, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
The fight was underwhleming, but lets call it short... Either the oppo only fight weak participant and reached semi-final or Ayato/Julis are beyond their level, thats why the fight ended fast. lol

Focus in Flora kidnapping plot instead which lead to Slyvia and Ayato fighting AR-D without ser vesta.
valvravetruthMay 7, 2016 11:20 AM
May 7, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
Bah... the way they changed up the stuff was pretty irking. I can understand how most of the battle explanations had to be voiced out instead of internalized, otherwise viewers wouldn't understand most of the things happening, but honestly the battle this time was animated much shorter than it was in the LN. Left the feeling that Garrardsworth's team were nothing but fodder, which wasn't actually the case. Ayato and Julis had a hard time, and it was by no means a cakewalk as the anime would have you believe.

Then they didn't explain properly how Julis actually knew what Ayato was planning when he planned to split up to ask Irene for clues about Flora's abduction. Plus the speculation about the Rotlicht Entertainment district could have been explained so much better (it's on the outer edge of the redevelopment area which is occupied by Le Wolfe and partially controlled by Le Wolfe factions and the local mafia, ergo the guess). Also the fact that Le Wolfe agents normally working in single agent cells was poorly explained.

I don't even want to mention how they shortened the premise that Ayato had poorly disguised himself and amateurishly searched in Rotlicht for Flora, raising too many suspicions from the local mafia (not even Le Wolfe agents), which started the chase, all into one single line here.....

Also, the first appearance of Sylvia should have had her in plain clothes and a forgettable face (she was in disguise), which completely changed AFTER she helped Ayato escape from those pursuers.

In all, they got their points across, but to be perfectly honest, they did a pretty poor job of it this episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
valvravetruth said:
allenjke said:
And i remember about the meeting in the 1st season with all student council, they all were showed as some smart masterminds so i expected each school to have crazy representatives, which in this case doesn't seem like so.

You have a point there, but sadly everyone joined the festa by free will and was not selected by student council. Only exception was Irene ordered by Rewolf Dirk. Plus the two galahadworth knight not even within top 10 lol

Well yeah, but that's again showes how bad other bracket was. And kinda funny how they received some info about twins and thought about some tactics to beat them and here just went whatever.
May 7, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
They finished that battle quick. Too bad they couldn't find Flora. Hopefully they explain more about the chicken that showed up at the end
May 7, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
Short fight :'(
Kid knight has skills but no resolve while jousting horse knight lost his gamble.

Robots have grown up and the assistant is half robot :O
Ayato goes into the mafia like world and new chick arrives XD

Poor Saya-chan :'(

May 7, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
This fight of Ayato and Julis was quite easy, some previous opponents were far more problematics, and finally one of the best girls finally interacts with the protagonist (I also quite like the personality of Julis), already this Ayato's disguise was really rough, the girls were very good in their disguises, I'm really looking forward to see Sylvia in the next episode ..

May 7, 2016 12:44 PM

Dec 2011
Even if they are just the top 11 and 12, it is still a pretty disappointing fight considering it is a semi final (they are in the opening too. Sheesh). It looked more like a sideshow compared to the battle with Saya/Kirin vs RM-C/AR-D. The fight with the twins looked more like a semi final fight.

I can't wait for the kidnapping fiasco to be over with, and get on to the final.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
That guy in knight armor is way more cooler than Ayato haha.
May 7, 2016 1:58 PM
Sep 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Bah... the way they changed up the stuff was pretty irking. I can understand how most of the battle explanations had to be voiced out instead of internalized, otherwise viewers wouldn't understand most of the things happening, but honestly the battle this time was animated much shorter than it was in the LN. Left the feeling that Garrardsworth's team were nothing but fodder, which wasn't actually the case. Ayato and Julis had a hard time, and it was by no means a cakewalk as the anime would have you believe.

Then they didn't explain properly how Julis actually knew what Ayato was planning when he planned to split up to ask Irene for clues about Flora's abduction. Plus the speculation about the Rotlicht Entertainment district could have been explained so much better (it's on the outer edge of the redevelopment area which is occupied by Le Wolfe and partially controlled by Le Wolfe factions and the local mafia, ergo the guess). Also the fact that Le Wolfe agents normally working in single agent cells was poorly explained.

I don't even want to mention how they shortened the premise that Ayato had poorly disguised himself and amateurishly searched in Rotlicht for Flora, raising too many suspicions from the local mafia (not even Le Wolfe agents), which started the chase, all into one single line here.....

Also, the first appearance of Sylvia should have had her in plain clothes and a forgettable face (she was in disguise), which completely changed AFTER she helped Ayato escape from those pursuers.

In all, they got their points across, but to be perfectly honest, they did a pretty poor job of it this episode.

Yeah I have to say, this is properly the poorest adapted episode from the LN of this cour so far. They made Galahadworth characters look like fodder when they aren't.

As you said with Irene's discussion whilst they got the point across they didn't fully explain why she speculated Grimakin would hid specifically in Rotlicht.

It seems to me like they just wanted to end this episode with Sylvia's appearance no matter what. Speaking of which that part wasn't done very well because Ayato was supposed to be running amongst a crowd of people as she calls out his name.

Well regardless arguably the best girl has made her official debut and I'm looking forward to seeing kicking ass next episode!
May 7, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2015
The battle was pretty short. Seems like the opponents were way too easy to defeat. More of a calm episode, since they're trying to find clues to find Flora. Alright episode.

May 7, 2016 2:57 PM
Aug 2015
Fuck Julis. I want this girl to stay with Yato.

May 7, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2012
That fight was a big disappointment. Oh well, Hopefully next fight will be better.

3/5
May 7, 2016 5:36 PM
Dec 2015
welp, the fight was fast o_O
seems like they're saving it for the finals..

anyway...
May 7, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
well that was beyond disappointing they made those two look like they were pretty much scrubs even the nameless guys from the first match had a more interesting fight.

guess they need to pick up the pace were already half way done with the season
May 7, 2016 9:56 PM
May 2014
Am I the only one who hates the fact that as you go higher and higher up in the tournament every anime gives you tougher opponents while it actually may not always be the case irl tournaments?? Well I always wanted a semifinal like this so I am happy, but never expected a fanservice show to fulfil my wish.
Disclaimer though, the said statement doesnt imply asterisk is realistic or whatever. It just means its a welcome break for me than other shounens pattern
May 7, 2016 10:24 PM

Aug 2015
I'm excited for the final battle, this episode was a little boring in terms of action but, I really enjoyed the animation.
May 7, 2016 11:33 PM

Aug 2012
fodders! those opponents didn't deserve to be in the opening

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
May 8, 2016 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
So the idol finally appears. How will she help Ayato??
May 8, 2016 12:10 AM

Sep 2010
If the girl who appeared is Sylvia, she really pops up in places I would least expect. XD

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
May 8, 2016 12:55 AM

Jun 2014
hmmmmmmmmmm. My question is... can she REALLY be trusted?
Also, was that the girl that the journalist kid called?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 8, 2016 1:21 AM

May 2014
Never trust a girl you meet in that kind of place
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 8, 2016 2:53 AM

Oct 2008
Finally the girl who's shown singing in the ED appears. Was wondering when this character would show up. And she's actually voiced by the ED singer too.

Looking at the character description on the official website she's definitely a good person.
May 8, 2016 3:00 AM

Feb 2015
ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

This Whole season has been a snore feast really, the only decent fighting is what a few minutes at best and that's the only good thing that can be pointed out.

2/5
May 8, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2014
For a semi-final match, this was unfortunately short and underwhelming. At least the animation of the fight was pretty good though.

The girl at the end arrived in good time, but I'm not sure if she can be trusted or not. We'll see about that next week.
May 8, 2016 9:21 AM

Aug 2014
The episode was okay, but I can't get enough of that ending song.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 8, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
The match was clearly too easy, but it's possible to go so far in the tournament if you only face bad teams. I'm looking forward for the final.
May 8, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
Okay episode . Disappointing semi-final fight , but the knight armor was cool i guess . This show has been having ups and downs .
May 8, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
the fight was okay but damn they threw a grenade on a bunch of civillians that's messed up
May 9, 2016 9:15 AM
Apr 2014
The tournament round was surprisingly disappointing. They had bigger problems in earlier rounds and this was the semi-final. Like... How did their enemy get this far? Ayato couldn't even use his actual weapon and it didn't look like Julis had any problems either.

The end was kinda interesting though. Is it possible that was his sister? That would be a little bit too easy to be honest but there has to happen anything or we'll get another boring battle except this time Ayato and Julis would lose.
May 9, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2015
Looks like a new girl will join the Harem team

May 9, 2016 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know who is that girl but there is one thing that i am sure, is that she is the only one who can save him.
Love the ED song, it's so good.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 11, 2016 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
LOL, the second fight was so fast. they defeated them so easly LOL XD didn't see that coming, more like i was expecting more. it was a good fight btw :D and so they are focusing more on the real problem: Flora. and not only that, something very interesting happened in the end. finally the new character appeared. i'm really curious about her. looking foward for the next episode :D
May 12, 2016 8:05 AM
Oct 2015
allenjke said:
Nah, only half of them belong to the cunning type. They're Fan Xinglu of Jielong, Dirk Eberwein of Le Wolfe, & Claudia Enfield of Seidoukan. Galahadworth's Ernest is too honest & chivalrous to scheme anything. And, Allekant's student council is pretty much just a paper-stamping council as the president said himself in that meeting.

Also, the anime didn't convey this but each school is unique. They have their own organization & curriculum which naturally produce different results. If we gauge their strength by their result in Festas, then only Jielong is well rounded in strength. Seidoukan often gets good result in Phoenix but not so good in the other Festas. It's Gryph for Galahadworth & Lindvolus for Le Wolfe.

As for the remaining two schools...

Allekant is a meteo engineering school that was specially built for kids who want to realize their dream machine/device through manadite based technology. Their result in Festas is totally dependant on whether they can invent something useful for the tournament or not. Basically, they can only get good result whenever someone make a groundbreaking invention like the robot pair this time. That said, it's usually just a one shot thing because the other schools would've prepared some sort of countermeasure by the next festa.

Queensvale is an idol school for genestella girls. The school was built for attractive genestella girls who posses talent(s) in any field other than combat. The school nurture those talents & act as temporary manager for the girls until they graduate. For most of those girls, Festa is no more than a promotional stage before their professional debut. It is no wonder that they very rarely produce any notable result in Festas & people consider this school as the weakest in Asterisk.

Rebelhero said:
Also, was that the girl that the journalist kid called?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

152 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

82 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

80 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.