Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm decent OP song, I like how it fits pretty well with the show now especially at seeing the girls. Reminds me of Kantai Collection for some reason.

The flashbacks are cute imo.
Misaki also starting to fit her role as a captain. Also really liking the armaments and mechanics of this show with the battleships. It has a feel of realism to it.

Apr 16, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2015
Though, I don't know why. But somehow, I often misheard the "Blue Mermaid" word with "Bloomer Maid".
That cute little Mashiro is long gone and now become a tsundere strict discipline figure. She's still cute, in other way though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 16, 2016 10:05 AM
Apr 2010
I think the subtitle was misspelled by the editors. It should be "Admiral Scheer" instead of "Admiral Spee", because the girls didn't utter "Graf" during the episode.
Apr 16, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2015
OH MY GOD. THEY TOOK THE SERIOUS ROUTE!!!

This was intense as fuck and HOLY SHIT that cliffhanger!!!

What's going on?!?!? Why do they need help?????

This is easily becoming my AOTS
Apr 16, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
Still can't decide if this is real or an extremely elaborate hoax, but both ideas seem very unappealing, and if this IS a hoax, some kinda trial by fire, for the love of Christ don't let it drag on much longer. If her childhood friend is trying to trap them I'm gonna be pissed. XD

At least it seems that woman they rescued has fantastically big, beautiful tits! XD
Apr 16, 2016 10:12 AM
Jan 2015
This episode was *beep* amazing.
Apr 16, 2016 10:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Still not sure exactly what to make of this show; this episode didn't really showcase for sure if it's going to become dark or not. But I enjoyed it anyway
Apr 16, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Xenocrisi said:
OH MY GOD. THEY TOOK THE SERIOUS ROUTE!!!

This was intense as fuck and HOLY SHIT that cliffhanger!!!

What's going on?!?!? Why do they need help?????

This is easily becoming my AOTS

OMG I LOVE IT. I WOULD HAVE NEVER EXPECTED IT TO BE THIS SERIOUS.
I only picked this anime up because it had cute girls on the front and reminded me of Girls Un Panzer (I may have spelled that wrong) but this has turned into one of my top favorites this season quickly.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 16, 2016 10:33 AM

Jun 2013
The show is picking up better then I thought it would be and the best girl game is strong.

Apr 16, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Holy damn that ending O_O
This series literally took the serious direction, and it was all built up to it in a sense ;w;

Seems like we have more stuff to encounter from this anime.
Apr 16, 2016 11:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, wasn't expecting this anime to be that serious. Hopefully it stays dark :D

4/5
Apr 16, 2016 11:21 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
If I squint really hard and ignore the action sequences, and concentrate on the plot and character interactions, I find I'm actually interested to find out what is going on.

But squinting this hard is painful.

Oh, and I smell a trap.
Apr 16, 2016 11:23 AM
Oct 2010
Thrilling. I'm liking this so far... I'll just try not to dwell in details.

Mascera said:
Though, I don't know why. But somehow, I often misheard the "Blue Mermaid" word with "Bloomer Maid".
Damn you, I cannot unread that, now I'll have that bug with me too. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 16, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2010
I figured the captain or principle or whatever you wanna call her was family from the vice captain.
This anime is turning out better then expected.

My theory till now was this was a setup to make the vice captain look bad but that doesn't explain the Musashi being in trouble as well.
It's obvious it's a setup tho but the question remains for which reason.
Maybe it's just an elaborate training plan to see how the crews perform during unexpected circumstances.
Or their might be a revolution going on under the attackers which would explain the German girl trying to reach the Harekaze in a small boat.
Well she will probably explain whats wrong when she wakes up or at least part of it.

Which makes me look forward to next week.
Apr 16, 2016 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
one of my favorite Anime of the season. For me, the first episode was the best episode of the all anime of the season, the second one was also nice. I hope Moka-chan wasn't hurt.

episode: 5/5
Apr 16, 2016 11:34 AM

Oct 2014
Hey the rice cooker is okay again.

Btw, Munetani is in the wrong anime?
I thought she would fill in better in Anne Happy.
Apr 16, 2016 11:41 AM

Sep 2015
I am really enjoying this so far. The overload of cuteness plus it appears to be taking a serious approach?! Girls und Panzer was a great show but I think I am going to love this much more.

I don't know how I'm going to survive having to wait 7 days for each new episode. Came for girls, got much much more.
Apr 16, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
Can go two ways, really.

a.) Moka-chan's ship is legit in trouble.

b.) It's a trap.

And from how that last bit was directed, it's leaning a lot to the latter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 11:54 AM
May 2010
I hope that it isn't a trap but rather that the teacher has betrayed japan in the sense that all of the ships were attacked and they're fleeing from a hostile force. If this ends up having close friends betray one another then I'd rate this show lower. Unless Moeka has a gun pointed to her head, I don't really see how she'd end up willingly betraying her best friend Misaki. I honestly hope they end up teaming up and defeating whomever the mastermind is!
Apr 16, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
Cody said:
I hope they take a serious approach throughout the entire cour.

me too. otherwise I'll drop this anime. Hate to see increasing tension dismissed as some sort of trivial test. Unfortunately, I smell trap.
Apr 16, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty cool I'm getting something really unexpected from this show. Really loving it
Apr 16, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
Not exactly sure if it'll pull a Gakkougurashi or Madoka and get gory out of nowhere. It's likely though.

A great episode in my opinion. This show does everything pretty damn well. I hope it can keep on doing that.
Apr 16, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2010
That delusional girl makes my life easy lol. Her explanations are easy to understand.

And yay we have a foreign girl in our ship now <3

I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought, it's refreshing. Definitely a better Kancolle. The MC is surprisingly reliable and the rest of the cast is fun, too.
Apr 16, 2016 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
What in the world is going on in this show. Why is everyone getting into ship battles? I was expecting cute girls doing cute things on ships, not ship battles! Not that I'm complaining mind you.
Apr 16, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
That cliffhanger!! I can't wait to see the next episode.
Apr 16, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
There are a bit too many characters to follow but the action/thriller parts are quite well done. This show turned out to be a really nice treat.
Apr 16, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
Shit just got real.
Apr 16, 2016 12:38 PM
May 2013
great epsisode .. can't wait next eps .. ughh..
Apr 16, 2016 1:07 PM

Sep 2009
I still presume there might be mind-controlling aliens.

Also, you guys miss the third option. They can keep things serious without killing named characters.
Apr 16, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
Cody said:
I hope they take a serious approach throughout the entire cour. Episode 3 will show us how serious depending if someone dies. Maybe they'll wait even longer and actually build the characters up, but not likely.

I don't think anyone's actually dying, unless it's in a flash back. A guy who was very involved in Girls und Panzer is also involved in this show. SO I expect to see exactly the same sort of material from that anime into this one. In short, this is gonna be gud.

Now, I find this quite fitting:

Specially so, considering that the character illustrations are also made by the NNB mangaka. And if anyone's played WoWs, and watched NNB, they're sure to feel this way lol

Anyway, it's off to a good start so far. Let's see what happens next (obviously a trap/ambush development :p)
Apr 16, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2015
So the introduce more characters. I think this show is concentrating on the plot revolving the main characters, MC and Munetani. Probably spelled it wrong. It probably won't go much in to detail with the rest of the cast. kind of like GuP, concentrate on the main cast but even then it's mainly the battle and in this case plot.

Anyway, I think the instructor was a spy for an outside force the whole time. Maybe a mutiny on board the training fleet, Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee. Or it could be correctly translated as Admiral Spee since Harekaze is a fictional Kagero, so it's not impossible to say that Admiral Spee can be a fictional Deutschland class.
Though we can try and confirm to see which one it is by looking at the bridge/conning tower design as all 3 ships were different in that regard. I'll be back later to report my comparison!

Anyways, back on topic. Insturctor Furushou probably is a spy and had frogmen board the training ships and possibly even Musashi(which is why it's requesting help) to attack Harekaze and probably other ships too.
This explains why the fleet did nothing to help defend Harekaze when they were present in the attack. Also explains why Admiral Spee had someone jump off on a boat. The foreigner probably escaped the boarders.

The instructor probably had frogmen board the ship and get rid of the crew of the Independence-class LCS along with the rest of the fleet.
This isn't Hotel Yamato/Musashi...

Also I thought the jetskii she used to pick up the foreigner was a paravane on the first episode. I was wondering why a paravane was all the way at the bow and not the stern...

I was very excited for this week's episode. Overall, I think they are tipping more to the dark side with the plot, but still wants to keep a light-hearted character interaction. Personally, they should pick one of the other because the light-heartedness of the characters in combat is distracting from the serious atmosphere. It's fine when they are not in combat or discussing the events, liek if they were eating, bath scenes or whatnot.
Just have the characters more serious when the scene is supposed to be serious.
zcv45Apr 16, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2015
tbh, nothing really much happened in this episode. well, there was another fight and i think the fight was really good, but the rest is SoL/Comedy scene and i like it a lot. nothing really interesting too except the intro (Mashiro's backstory) and the ending. i thought about that but i didn't expect it really is happening. from the looks of it, i think she was hiding...what's going on Dammit xD the ending went dark again like in the first episode....i'm looking fowrad for the next episode then.

i still can't belive it that this bunch of Lolis are riding a ship and were doing some battles. on top of that, they just got into trouble. Dark atmosphere and Lolis riding a ship. GREAT!

The ED song and visual was really good imo, but i prefer the OP song more than the ED song.

Edit: still expecting Girl und Panzer vibe...
YizelTroApr 16, 2016 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
MagicalMahou said:
Can go two ways, really.

b.) It's a trap.

My thoughts exactly. The ship seemed fine to me so probably the latter
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 16, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
I was expecting the Museshi's (aka Moka's) distress call all the way back in episode 1. After all, it was the only other ship to be late for the initial rendezvous.

I would pay very close attention to the lyrics of the opening song. While I do think the story will retain this dark tone for a long time, I doubt the Harekaze's side of this story will stay unheard especially now that it has a probable witness for its defense against the (staged) mutiny charge.

If only the Harekaze could meet another ship that will not shoot first, then we can get into some interesting politics, but the plot isn't apparently ready for that. Speaking of plot, I know for certain that there is some kind of of inside scheme going on.
Apr 16, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2015
Ayeeeee. Awesome episode. Now I wonder what happened to the other ship after that cliffhanger. It was pretty serious. Loved how the setting switched to serious.

Apr 16, 2016 3:04 PM
Jun 2013
zcv45 said:

As someone who has played a fair number of tabletop naval miniature games (General Quarters and Seekrieg) I have found out the hard way: the dice gods are not your friends, but can be absolute jerks at times when they want to! Particularly when you have "point blank" shots and wiff!!! :)
Seriously... the way I see how this universe is set up is yes, they are highly automated ships (how else could Harekaze, for example, be effectively crewed with under 40 high school girls when during the war Kagerous had crews 6 times larger), but for stuff like gunnery, they still use what the ships had during the war, which means that Spee(r) did not have radar fire control, but still optical. They could use the radar to help locate, but they still have to use the old tools to put rounds on target. Of course, Harekaze were not doing Admiral Spee any favors with the shell chasing and the radical speed changes, plus the smokescreen.
Overall, loved the episode, and can't wait til next week, tho' I wish it was next week now!! :)
Apr 16, 2016 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
Okay I think we can agree, overall this is not an anime for everybody. However I find my self on the edge of my seat every all the time! There's a lot of action, and really funny comedy, cute moments, and even some fan service.

I'm enjoying this anime a lot.

Also I smell a trap coming next week, I think that distress signal was a lure.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
I'm enjoying this. It has so much action that it ceases to be CGDCT and becomes CGDAS (Cute Girls During Action Sequences). So far I don't find the characters as appealing as Garupan and it lacks the epic feel of that show, but I'm not complaining since we are getting tons of action from the get-go. I really like the look of the ships and it was cool to see the Admiral Graf Spee/Admiral Scheer (there is some confusion here) make an appearance.

My overall enjoyment was pretty high. I think the characters will grow on me over the course of the show. I'm intrigued by the German girl.
Apr 16, 2016 4:17 PM

Sep 2007
IMO I dont think they are doing the slice of life+ gritty plot transitioning very well. With Gakkou Gurashi, the darker themes were like creeping ever closer threatening to burst the bubble. You and the characters know its there, so there is a certain sense of tenseness and dread. Hai-Furi just kinda jumps from one side to the other. It doesnt feel like a lot of the characters understand the situation they are in or take it very seriously, and by extension its harder for me to take it seriously too. The massive cast also detracts from it. It may have been better if they were introduced more steadily when the plot needs them rather than a massive "roll call" by the anime.

That said, I do enjoy the anime and look forward to seeing where it goes in future episodes. Ideally more naval combat with a side of moe rather than the other way around.
Apr 16, 2016 4:42 PM

Mar 2014
the mc got betrayed by her best friend
Apr 16, 2016 4:47 PM

Jan 2014
Well, it seems like Suzuki Takaaki has a really interesting and large-scale story, similar to (for example) Kaiji Kawaguchi's but definitely its own thing, behind the moe/action mix. But I don't know whether it'll be a good story, since I'm apprehensive of how light-hearted the atmosphere among the crew still is, and how the alternate history is woven together. How did Japan stay at peace so long after catastrophe? how did its culture get to where it is? …and then why do high-school cadets train on such warships? Ambitious attempts at world-building always will have a lot to prove.

(Comparisons to Gakkougurashi are a little off the mark though, given how different the genre this is trying to pull off is.)

MagicalMahou said:
Can go two ways, really.

b.) It's a trap.

This is the Harekaze crew's story, and there's no way they'll be working together. I bet that if it isn't a trap the Musashi is in some sort of serious trouble and beyond saving.

Genix said:

I don't think anyone's actually dying, unless it's in a flash back. A guy who was very involved in Girls und Panzer is also involved in this show. SO I expect to see exactly the same sort of material from that anime into this one. In short, this is gonna be gud.

In GuP, all the fighting is for sport and in good fun, even in Ribon no Musha. This time, it is most definitely not. In reality sport-fighting with tanks could be dangerous in the way live-fire armour exercises are, but it's no colossal stretch for there to never be serious casualties. Not so this time.

I wouldn't say it's certain that one of the Harekaze's crew will be killed, but death should very much be haunting them—eg, maybe they'll see themselves kill someone else, which could be even more horrifying for the girls.
MiporinApr 16, 2016 4:55 PM
Apr 16, 2016 4:49 PM

Jun 2013
that was a good battle
Apr 16, 2016 5:07 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Revvie-chan said:
Btw, Munetani is in the wrong anime?
I thought she would fill in better in Anne Happy.
So true!

I'm taking the easy out and saying that I reserve my thoughts until next episode. But two cliffhangers in two episodes? Ep 3 better not disappoint!!
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Apr 16, 2016 5:08 PM
Nov 2014
Another 'cute girl with serious story' I've seen tonnes of this kind of show and looks like this show will be a failure.

Mainly people watching the show because of the cute girls.
This show tries to hard.

First drop of the season.
dropped. 2/10
Apr 16, 2016 5:13 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Why do I smell a trap from Moka's call for help? I really hope I'm wrong, I don't wanna see girl as cute as her backstabbing her close friend.

Anyway, it's nice to know "the mystery" why Munetani was assigned to Harekaze even though she said she excelled the exam test.
Just like what Revvie-chan said, she should be in Anne Happy lol

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 16, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 2015
gust11 said:
MagicalMahou said:
Can go two ways, really.

b.) It's a trap.

My thoughts exactly. The ship seemed fine to me so probably the latter

OR
It could be both.

The Musashi could have befalled upon itself the same ill fate that has taken the other ships and through sending the distress call Moka would, in truly wanting help, unwittingly send other ships (in this case the Harekaze) into a trap.

zcv45 said:

Now I have couple problems, even with smoke screen, at 3km, for the Deutschland class to miss is pure BS.

Play the Battleship class of ships in World of Warships. You can miss a destroyer with 2/3 of your shots in one salvo from a range of 0.5 km if you are really unlucky.
ScoomKunApr 16, 2016 5:44 PM
Apr 16, 2016 5:41 PM

Sep 2007
MihoWittmann said:

This is the Harekaze crew's story, and there's no way they'll be working together. I bet that if it isn't a trap the Musashi is in some sort of serious trouble and beyond saving.

I wouldn't say it's certain that one of the Harekaze's crew will be killed, but death should very much be haunting them—eg, maybe they'll see themselves kill someone else, which could be even more horrifying for the girls.

I think the Musashi has been boarded or is definitely under some influence from the admiralty. Also while this is certainly the Harekaze's story, that doesn't mean it can't intersect with the Musashi's. I do see the two ships joining force eventually, even if they enter battle on opposing sides initially. If the Harekaze isn't cleared of charges any time, I won't be surprised to see other ships join them to form a fleet too. Its also possible for Moka to (eventually) be working from within against the organization that staged the Sarushima's sinking.

I'll probably sound like a bad person when saying this, but I kinda wanted to see someone die or get seriously injured. That scene with the cruiser raining shells down onto the Harekaze (plot armor is thick with this one) would have been a good opportunity to set the tone. They didn't so I don't think its going to get much more darker, it would be a pleasant surprised if it did though.
Apr 16, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2015
DSJFX18 said:
IMO I dont think they are doing the slice of life+ gritty plot transitioning very well. With Gakkou Gurashi, the darker themes were like creeping ever closer threatening to burst the bubble. You and the characters know its there, so there is a certain sense of tenseness and dread. Hai-Furi just kinda jumps from one side to the other. It doesnt feel like a lot of the characters understand the situation they are in or take it very seriously, and by extension its harder for me to take it seriously too. The massive cast also detracts from it. It may have been better if they were introduced more steadily when the plot needs them rather than a massive "roll call" by the anime.

That said, I do enjoy the anime and look forward to seeing where it goes in future episodes. Ideally more naval combat with a side of moe rather than the other way around.

I think that's more like the point, the rest of the crew kinda still have hopes that they can explain themselves at the next port. The GG cast survived a certain amount of time before the show started so they accustomed to the situation, but Haifuri cast is just thrown into the fray.

Cap. Misaki hopes for the best but she also realizes that the situation may not work out the right way and she need to shoulder responsibility to protect her crew.

Misaki really reminds me of Nanoha both design and personality.
TYxTxYTApr 16, 2016 6:05 PM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Apr 16, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2015
That was good episode ,Please dont be a trap. :((
Apr 16, 2016 7:02 PM

Sep 2015
hsnixmr said:
Another 'cute girl with serious story' I've seen tonnes of this kind of show and looks like this show will be a failure.

Mainly people watching the show because of the cute girls.
This show tries to hard.

First drop of the season.
dropped. 2/10

Watch for cute girls? You are very funny. There are millions of those. Why would I pick haifuri?
obviously for naval combat. So far there has only been 3 other anime with naval combat(actual ships) in the center. If you aren't a military fanatic, then you won't enjoy it.
zcv45Apr 16, 2016 7:07 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

153 by Shirowhite01 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

62 by Shirowhite01 »»
Oct 12, 6:20 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

230 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 25, 7:17 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.