Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2011
I know this show was rated so low at the start, and i was one of the people who gave it low rating, i was giving it a 5 point score after watching the first episode, the episode was soooooo boring and i was thinking it was going to be a pretentious shitty mess like "[C]" or "Punchline" or something of a boring series who tries too hard to be fun while having an awesome animation and color palette like "Rolling Girls".

But i always tried giving any series a three episode rule and while not exactly groundbreaking, episode 2 and 3 actually explain more about the world, about the system, about how people live, the organization and stuff, and wow it was actually interesting, and then i watch episode 1 again, and this time after i actually gather more info about the world, i went back and watch episode 1, and well it wasn't boring at all, in fact it got me even more curious about this show, since at that time i finally feeling amused, entertained, and intrigued by the series i upped my score to 7.

And then i watch episode 4-5, the quality is steady and i'm getting more and more interested, but it still not enough for me to up my score, and then episode 6 came and it was just so good, i like how they choose to show how normal human got their superhuman ability in such a down to earth fashion and i finally upped my score form 7 to 8.

I don't know if at the end of this series my score will go up or down, but for now i think Concrete Revolutio is shaping up to be one of the better series this season.

edit: just realized that it was TL;DR, didn't plan that lol, maybe i'll put this as a review instead~
milloNov 14, 2015 9:50 AM
Nov 15, 2015 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Well, it's definitely a hit or miss.

I'm loving it though, and my opinion hasn't changed.
Nov 15, 2015 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
Its the best show of the season and one of top contenders for anime of the year for me.
Nov 15, 2015 8:59 AM

Sep 2008
zerorequiem_ said:
I'm loving it though, and my opinion hasn't changed.

CookingPriest said:
Its the best show of the season and one of top contenders for anime of the year for me.

+1
Nov 15, 2015 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
Definetly. It is actually way darker if you think about it. They take advantage of superhumans, they lie, the good guys are also the bad guys, you can't tell whose the good duy. It seems way better than when I started it.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 15, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2015
In a way, but I did not dislike it in the first playce. The Artstyle was kinda unique, but the story was all over the place. I think now its getting better. :)
Nov 15, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
Steven15ify said:
Definetly. It is actually way darker if you think about it. They take advantage of superhumans, they lie, the good guys are also the bad guys, you can't tell whose the good duy. It seems way better than when I started it.

I know right , it is something new and interesting .

I am loving it so far , minus the sometimes confusing story telling method .
Nov 15, 2015 3:29 PM
Feb 2012
I love the artstyle, and there are some decent parts to it, but overall I'm not enjoying it.
It feels like they took the story, threw it in a blender, left the lid off and turned it up to max, resulting in parts suddenly flying out at you in a random order. Hopefully by the end they'll have tied it all up and given it some proper presentation (like Baccano! did, despite that being mixed up with timelines), but the way they are setting things up and then either skipping them, or just pretending like they didn't happen is getting frustrating.
Nov 15, 2015 4:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Second best show of the season after Gundam for me (Excluding all the sequel series and OPM of course)
Nov 15, 2015 8:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The first episode definitely caught my attention, out of all the other new anime this season. I had a positive impression of this show since the beginning, but I've come to like it more and more with each episode.

I understand that a lot of people don't like the non-linear storytelling of Concrete Revolutio, and tbh, I'm not a fan of such non-linear storytelling either as I tend to see it as a gimmick sort of thing or it's usually not done well. I don't find that to be the case with this show though, I think this type of storytelling works very well here. It's not so much confusing as it is just that we don't know much. But that's the point, we're not supposed to know much. I think we're supposed to be experiencing things the way many of the characters are experiencing; not knowing everything and only getting pieces of information.

As of now it's mostly theme-driven, which is great because with every episode, they take that theme and tell it from a different perspective, so it ends up being thought-provoking. As the story develops and the mysteries unfold, I think we can then expect more character development (in case anyone is complaining about this).

Er, I think I didn't even answer your question, but yes my opinion has changed. It went from good to one of my favorite of the season! :D
Nov 15, 2015 8:47 PM

May 2015
Once they tuned down the timeskips I really grew to like it, but I wish it would be a bit less episodic and focus on getting from point A (start of the series) to point B (Jiro quitting).

Other than that, solid soundtrack and good characters. The themes are very relevant and fresh, and are something to think about; the animation is a plus, and the kaiju fights make this a 7-8/10.
Nov 15, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2013
It's unique, I guess. It caught my attention since first ep. It's weird, but I can't stop warching it and I'd say that I enjoy my watch. My score is 7 for now. Don't know if it will go up, but I guess it is not likely to go down.
Nov 15, 2015 11:22 PM

Mar 2015
It's been a 9 since the first episode, at least for me. The plot intrigues me and even though I want to know what is the big event that caused Jirou to go rogue, every episode is fulfilling in its own way.
Nov 16, 2015 11:13 AM

Aug 2008
At first I was sceptical about this show and expected to drop is soon. First episode seemed like a pretentious mess and looking back at Bones' track record for the past few years I thought it's another flop. After few episodes it's actually the only series this season I'm looking forward to and watch because I'm interested, not bored and procrastinating.

Usually, such bait and switch disconnected storytelling should be unbearable or boring but here it surprisingly just works. Episode with the band was really weak for me but other than that I like how it's basically giving you a few pieces of jigsaw puzzle every week. Sometimes they don't connect with what you have and confuse you even more but you're slowly starting to see the big picture.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 17, 2015 2:23 PM

May 2014
I didn't wanna start this series at first merely because of the low rating. The show had been going on for 6 weeks by then, pretty much halfway through the show I thought of starting it and I gotta say it isn't that bad. The storiy is so scrambled, but I think that's how it's supposed to be. Dat cliffhanger from the last episode was nice damn.
The animation is cool, something new and classy. Elsewhere this show is the only one from this season (from what I've watched) with a reasonable OP AND ED.
Nov 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2014
It depends entirely on how the show ends, if it wraps up all things seen in the episodes, i would have no problem giving it a 8 or even higher but in other case would be really disapointing, to me this one of the more creative shows this season by far.
Nov 17, 2015 4:41 PM

Jan 2010
Its really two cour?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Nov 17, 2015 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
i would prefer hold my opinion. my opinion is still same as my post in episode 4. this series become masterpiece or garbage will really determined how the explanation in the end will get. all of the episode that we already watch are build-up episode for everything that happened later.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 18, 2015 7:09 AM

Sep 2008
WillKamio said:
Its really two cour?

When the series was first announced, it was confirmed as a two cour series. However, the official site only has 13 episodes in the story page so far - which makes it all confusing...
Nov 18, 2015 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
My opinion still the same from the first episode - IMO masterpiece. But Kuma well noticed:
Kuma said:
i would prefer hold my opinion. my opinion is still same as my post in episode 4. this series become masterpiece or garbage will really determined how the explanation in the end will get. all of the episode that we already watch are build-up episode for everything that happened later.

Thought for sure it can't fall so much )
Nov 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2012
I haven't been enjoying it much, personally. I really like non-linear narratives, but its not executed too well here so far. Maybe it'll get better once it reaches towards the end, but as it is the whole thing feels very haphazard, and not in a good way. The lackluster characters don't help either, and I find it difficult to care about them or what is happening to them.

It looks nice though! The art style can be a little much at times, but it looks fine for the most part and the production values for the show are solid.
Nov 18, 2015 4:02 PM

May 2013
The show is amazing,i love how complex the story and characters are.Underrated show
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Nov 18, 2015 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
Easily one of the best shows this season and a contender for anime of the season
Nov 24, 2015 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
I'm through episode 7 (about to watch episode 8) and, with each new episode, I like the show less and less. When I watched the first episode two or so months ago, I thought Concrete Revolutio showed a lot of promise and I was excited about it, but now I just don't know where the show is going and have a hard time believing it will wrap everything up with what episodes it has left in any kind of satisfactory way, and, because of that, I just dropped my score another point to "5"--I had it at an "8" in the beginning.

I really hope the show can somehow manage to wrap everything together wonderfully in the end--and I'll gladly raise my score--but, like I said, I have a hard time believing that will happen.

*EDIT: After having watched the eighth episode, my feelings have not changed and my concern regarding whether they'll be able to wrap up everything in the end only increases. :/
removed-userNov 24, 2015 7:31 AM
Nov 24, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
Its first ep was a mess but its steadily been improving with each episode, looking foreword to the 2nd cour

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.