Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2015 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kirin is adorable :3

I think her voice is a bit ...girly though but whatever. We get more training stuff this episode and I smell some jealousy coming from Julius. Sigh, felt like the drama reached comical levels and teasing. This felt more like a buildup episode though for the battles up ahead. Might be amusing.

Kinda felt bad for Kirin being treated like shit even though she has some decent fighting skills.
Oct 31, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
I dunno, I somehow found her meek personality and obedience to her uncle even more annoying considering she's the school's number 1. Not a fan so far. That aside lotsa new characters introduced this week, I'll never remember them all. :D
Oct 31, 2015 6:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really good fight scenes this week and the visuals were back on point this week

The beginning scene with the introductions of the student council presidents of each of the schools was pretty interesting and I really like the loli and the Knight guy....I wanna know more about the absent member as well like so badly

The introduction of those tech people from Allukant was pretty interesting and I love the setup for the rivalries between some of the characters, particularly with Saya and Julis (Looks like she has a problem with that famous girl Ayato spoke of).....I can't wait for the Pheonix Festa to start even more now

The reprecussions of Ayato's Ser Vesta really sucks but I'm glad that he has a drawback since it makes things more challenging and leaves room for growth....Either way his skills particularly in hsi fight with Julis and hers as well was very impressive

Lasly, Kirin is way too adorable and I fucking love her!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WITH THIS SHOW AND HAVING GREAT FEMALES xD Her body is amazing too btw.....Sucks about how her relationship is with her uncle (There's probably a messed up reason why it's like this too) but damn, she's really really strong and I honestly did not expect to see that she's the schools' #1 O_O

Man I can't wait for next week....I hope that she and Saya team up too lol
Oct 31, 2015 6:46 AM

May 2010
Kirin is not interesting for a no 1 student. Even Julis beats her. I guess, Saya is still best girl.
Oct 31, 2015 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
I guess it's no surprise that the most powerful person in this school is completely submissive and shy, given that this is a run-of-the-mill harem. And what kind of bullshit is it that the duel ends when the badge is cut like that? That's just stupid on all levels. It's also pretty clear now that we shouldn't trust Claudia or those people from that other school. On the whole, too many lame haremy antics and a submissive powerful female character really bring this whole episode down. It could have been a good episode if not for that.
Oct 31, 2015 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
It seems we are starting to get a little of politics between the schools. This ep didn't have much details yet.

What's up with Kirin and her uncle? What a dick.

The fight this time seems better animated than last ep.

Claudia covering her ass by selling the school R&D. I guess she's not that innocent character.
Oct 31, 2015 6:54 AM
Feb 2015
eslej said:
It seems we are starting to get a little of politics between the schools. This ep didn't have much details yet.

What's up with Kirin and her uncle? What a dick.

The fight this time seems better animated than last ep.

Claudia covering her ass by selling the school R&D. I guess she's not that innocent character.

Claudia & innocent don't go along in the same sentence.
Oct 31, 2015 6:54 AM

Feb 2015
The characters are really becoming one of the main reasons why I like this show

The fight scenes were better but I hope they could be a bit longer
Oct 31, 2015 6:57 AM

Sep 2015
It will most likely mention in next episode, well why Kirin is so meek and cute because she is only 13 years old consider youngest in the main character category.

Nice to see the 6 student presidents meeting, each has their own unique personality.

Saya is as funny as always lol.
Oct 31, 2015 6:58 AM
Aug 2012
danieltortoisee said:
And what kind of bullshit is it that the duel ends when the badge is cut like that? That's just stupid on all level.

It's precisely because it's a duel not a death match and definitely not "Let's kill each other while the audience laughs like idiots"......there are defined rules here.

A duel is over when one side is unable to continue i.e. loss of consciousness (monitored by the badge) or one of them forfeits or the badge is broken.

Oct 31, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2010
I like her voice.
Oct 31, 2015 7:08 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kirin's adorable :D and she has some pretty good skills.

4/5
Oct 31, 2015 7:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
danieltortoisee said:
And what kind of bullshit is it that the duel ends when the badge is cut like that? That's just stupid on all level.

It's precisely because it's a duel not a death match and definitely not "Let's kill each other while the audience laughs like idiots"......there are defined rules here.

A duel is over when one side is unable to continue i.e. loss of consciousness (monitored by the badge) or one of them forfeits or the badge is broken.
Why'd you even bother responding to that post lol....Don't waste your time
Oct 31, 2015 7:33 AM

Feb 2014
That duel was really awesome! Loved it!
Kirin was pretty cool too. Hyped for her fights, she has some skills.
Oct 31, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
Kirin's so cute. And has some nice assets :3 Sucks that she had to be the obedient type like that :/

Well hopefully she'll develop. I really didn't see her being #1 coming.

Animation for the fights was really nice. Cool fighting styles but Ayato's limiter is gonna be a drag.

Liking all the girls so far at least so that's cool
Oct 31, 2015 7:39 AM

Dec 2013
There is always a limit to how illogical and pandering a harem LN schlock can get, and Gakusen is not afraid to go beyond it. It was obvious that it's a full blown harem and that the grills will want MC's D badly, but seriously though, the degree of wussiness and patheticness of our dear MC and the way every single thing in this show revolves around him is really done without any speck of tastefulness. Wish the show was more self aware like Cavalry, which is really one heck of an enjoyable watch so far.
Oct 31, 2015 7:49 AM

Jun 2014
Dying to see Ayato perfect his powers.

Kirin is cute af
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 7:50 AM
Feb 2015
Kirin is very cute. It wasn't surprising that she is number one since her uncle seemed really strict. just wish his restriction was longer than 5 minutes so we can see more action. But besides that, that was a nice duel. Hopefully the tournament thing starts soon.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 31, 2015 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Best girl finally has arrived.
Oct 31, 2015 8:01 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hnnngg Kirin <3
She is cute, but also badass af at the same time
Gotta love Loli Kenshin Himura!

The other new girl characters are also nice additions, especially Ernesta.

Good to see Sasamiya again

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 31, 2015 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
Good, thanks God they not cut off the consul student reunion.
Oct 31, 2015 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
Ernesta is an interesting character.
Oct 31, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2015
So Kirin is the top 1, I´m a little bit disappoined, she does not look any overpowered
Oct 31, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode to help introduce and lead up everything to the next episodes. Interesting to see and learn of the other school's student council presidents. We also got introduced into the 2 people from the school who made those puppets that attacked Julis and Ayato and then of course finally getting to meet the other girl in the opening who is Kirin which was pretty crazy to learn that she is the #1 student at the school. Cant wait to see where all this leads up to in the next episode.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hotrC7bUhug&feature=youtu.be
Oct 31, 2015 8:41 AM

Feb 2015
We got to see rank #1 in action. Overall nice episode.
Oct 31, 2015 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
New characters will appearing, and a new girl is heading toward the harem of the protagonist also, I wanted to see some more of the details of the battle between Ayato and Kirin, not only to see the two swinging the sword, but I hope good battles in this arc, I look forward to continue watching ..
Oct 31, 2015 8:48 AM

Sep 2015
If I had to describe this anime so far, only the word AVERAGE pops up in my mind.
Can't help but get a deja vu feeling watching this...

Though I'm still not dropping this until something really pisses me off...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
That fight was awesome

Btw Happy Halloween everyone

Oct 31, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2011
Whoa Kirin is no.1? Awesome fight, wish couldve been longer.
Oct 31, 2015 9:08 AM

May 2014
Ayato wants to be badass and get rekt JASDHJKASHDK
Oct 31, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Can sense enemy sniper in the middle of battle and dodge bullets... can't hear someone running down a cross corridor or avoid collision.

I guess expecting consistency from a kid's show is expecting waaaaaay too much.
Oct 31, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2012
Kirin is really cute, and quite strong as well it seems.... best girl so far IMO...
Oct 31, 2015 9:32 AM
Aug 2012
Sokah said:
Can sense enemy sniper in the middle of battle and dodge bullets... can't hear someone running down a cross corridor or avoid collision.

I guess expecting consistency from a kid's show is expecting waaaaaay too much.

Both were in a hurry though so accidents can happen......especially when they both try to dodge in the same direction. Pay attention to the scene......

Well the dialogue about Kirin having a habit of erasing her presence was cut out so that didn't help either but seriously these are just pointless nitpicks.

Oct 31, 2015 9:43 AM

Feb 2015

Lol the girls' reaction to Ayato getting kissed.

Oh, Kirin is cute and really strong for a small girl. She's another good candidate to be Ayato's partner.

Oct 31, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2015
Nice episode. I like the characters they introduced in this episode and Ayato's duel against Kirin was well done. It surprised me she's the #1 of the school.
Oct 31, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
Loop, Saya's reaction was priceless.
Is it just me or the quality of the anime improved?
Oct 31, 2015 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
Xenocrisi said:
Loop, Saya's reaction was priceless.
Is it just me or the quality of the anime improved?

Yes, I think the animation is better than that of the last episode.
Oct 31, 2015 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not really digging the whole idea of the strongest in the school being totally submissive and timid. I'm sure there's some fucked up reason for why her uncle is a dick to her, so hopefully that's explored a little. The fight between Kirin and Ayato was entertaining. Also cool to meet some other new characters like those people at the beginning of the episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 31, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
everyone complaining about kirin being all submissive bitch where? did she seem submissive when she was fighting? the entire atmosphere around her changed. even her voice acting completely shifted too to match the tension. i swear everyone tries to bandwagon on a really insignificant criticism that doesnt even have a basis lol. there are so many logical fallacies being applied like hasty generalization and straw man. kirins no 1 rank in the school has no relevance to her personality or preconceived notion of what a no 1 should act like. also a-1s god tier animation yes please
Oct 31, 2015 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
Kirin most be cutest girl so far in this anime, I already like her.
It's also surprised such a girl would be number 1.
Animation well done with Ayato vs Kirin duel.
Meh, isn't it because of Ayato sister that put restriction in Ayato power? That's make him so limited.
For me I'm curious if he will be able to break her sister restriction someday, 5 minutes limit it just too short.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 31, 2015 11:14 AM

Sep 2013
The duel was pretty meh, I guess they just want to emphasize how strong the new girl is. As usual Im getting the story mixed up with Rakudai no kishi cavalry.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 31, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
I don't think I understand Ayato's time limit. So he temporarily breaks the limiter his sister places on him, and he can only fight for a few minutes at a time without it. So when he time ends, is it the strain of his power or the limiter reactivating itself that stops him?

If its the latter, that's probably why he lost, if its the first, then he's really not that strong is he?
Oct 31, 2015 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
they are fighting over Ayato lol and that old geezer is a jerk she's number 1 ok cool
Oct 31, 2015 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
New characters everywhere! lol Sugita voiced that chubby guy! xD

Kirin looks to be a pretty nice girl. Still, she looks bland overall despite being ranked 1st in the school. She'll never be the best girl though, as Saya's also exist in the same anime.
Meh, Ayato without that limiter would have kicked her ass for sure.
Oct 31, 2015 12:04 PM

May 2015
Kirin was fucking adorable. That uncle is fucking shit. Wonder what's the story behind that. I definitely enjoyed this episode and can't wait for more.

Oct 31, 2015 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Kirin, she is being treated violently by her uncle.

She is so adorable.
Oct 31, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, didn't expect her to be #1.
Oct 31, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
The fight was awesome, not only did he lose but he gave out info on his moves :(
Kinght and loli council members looks good.
LOL there's actually a powerful fat guy XD
Oct 31, 2015 12:20 PM

Feb 2015
they almost made a cliffhanger in the end.
that fight was amazing though, i felt the intensity in the fight. and end it with the usual song. NICE! This anime is truly getting more better than before.
Oct 31, 2015 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
If anyone is interested, since it was skipped in the anime but the reason why Ayato also had a hard time is because the size of Ser Veresta. He always been using a sword the size that Kirin uses but because Ser Veresta is much bigger, his movements have to be bigger because he's not used to it and also because he needs to compensate for the size. Therefore while his speed are very comparable with Kirin, his excessive movements allows Kirin to easily dodge and counter while causing him to be "slower".
EnternalOct 31, 2015 12:44 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

119 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.