Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 1, 2014 6:00 AM

Nov 2012
yeah some fanservice..
claire is really cute..
and that moment when karl finally back.. :'

and these feelings when we know who claire is.. :/
Feb 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2009
I was thinking throughout the episode what an angel Claire is and then I go "o__o that BITCH!!!" >_<!
Fuck. I didn't want it to be like this *sob*, this is lame KLJDSAKLD*&(*@#!__!!

Doesn't matter if she is a puppet or not, she did what she did and I hope she pays.

On a side note chibi Ariel is cute :3
AozureFeb 1, 2014 12:29 PM
Feb 1, 2014 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
I did NOT see that one coming... Claire = Nina... woa!

So um... why did they use a blow-up life boat when their plane was still afloat? ... oh right... and excuse to get wet...
Feb 1, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah so I caught up. Definitely one of the better shows of the season BUT I still think it's more suited for a movie format. And I still think it's a bit lackluster. Also, ugh the red-haired girl is so annoying. No need to blame it on Karl when he got bullied by the other guys in the sky.
Feb 1, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2009
So Claire is Nina? hmm nice little twist there. Its funny reading the comments about episode 3 and how in that thread there were people speculating that Claire is Nina but others are like....'naw couldn't be'. and then BAM! that is exactly who she is lol. anyway nice episode!

Feb 2, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2012
Well, I think most of us expected that... if nothing else due to Claire not having her own character page. Still, that was kind of a weird way to reveal that she's Nina Viento to be honest... I mean why would she randomly just say "I am Nina Viento!", it probably wouldn't bother me as much if she hadn't actually said it out loud.

I felt bad for that girl playing as Kal-el's mother who got hit with a rock... why the hell would someone throw a rock at an actor because of their role? I guess it's kind of like the reason for the saying "don't shoot the messenger".
Barion-Zara said:
Yeah, seriously what's up with everyone freaking out and wanting Nina to die? We don't even know the particulars of what happened. We don't know if Kal-El's parents were actually good or bad rulers, all we saw was a fraction of what he remembers of his past as a kid, from his tiny perspective. For all we know, she really could be a hero, and Kal-el was just unfortunate enough to live with the regret and sorrow. And after all, his mother told him not to hate anyone, so she seemed to believe that things weren't what they seemed.

Not to mention it hasn't even been proven that Nina's actually the one controlling the wind... the guy that was shown standing in the sidelines grinning maniacally is clearly the true mastermind, and is probably completely manipulating her reputation. She's likely nothing more than a mascot.

As far as we even know, so far, she didn't "do" anything aside from stand there and wave her arms. Nonetheless, I am pretty interested to see the chaos that will ensue when he finds out.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 2, 2014 10:44 PM
Feb 3, 2014 5:46 AM

Dec 2013
Kinda expected the plot twist. Nice episode though. Wonder how Karl reacts!
Feb 3, 2014 12:17 PM
Jan 2011
Lost her powers? More like she lied so that she wouldn’t have to kill anymore… That’s quite sad Claire…
Feb 3, 2014 4:50 PM
Dec 2012
hjgadshgdsugasjibvsagas

PLOT TWIST!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 3, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
wooow! wow. i'm usually not surprised by plot twists like this, but it's a credit to how well crafted the story and characters are so far that i was both shocked and intrigued by that ending!
i'm really looking forward to every episode of this anime.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 4, 2014 10:46 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
dat ending.... "NO WAY" was my reaction... T___T
Feb 6, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
I must say, this series has been going extremely well so far. Its pace is excellent for a 1 cour/12 episode length.

Anywho, I hope character development will ultimately let us side with forgiveness, because that's where I see the series headed as of now.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 7, 2014 10:52 AM
Jun 2012
damn didnt see the ending coming. hope he goes to kill her and wen shes dying her wig comes of and he realizes who she is. but maybe she aint all that bad and kal-el's parents deserved it. i mean they did kinda cause ignacio axis life to be fuked up.
Feb 7, 2014 7:08 PM
Mar 2012
Last episode mentioned Frontier Duke Ameriano was the main guy behind the raid. Where's he & why doesn't Kal-El ever blame him?
Viento has a very strict granny, likely she's also closely controlled for the raid on Balesteros. Not judging on her responsibility, the tornadoes did directly destroy a battleship of soldiers and all the residential houses underneath. But then if she refused to help Ameriano it might've been treated as a soldier going awol.

Why is Luis' mustache & beard so similar to Ameriano's!??

interesting character backstories. Kal-El neither is resolved toward revenge nor forgiveness. He doesn't try hard to hide his own identity either, like fake a past story as most Lelouch-types do.

Expected end, as there were a few hints. But despite mal seiyuu spoiler, I thought Clair was very suspicious in ep1, thought she schemed to control/spy on Kal-El. Glad i was wrong since this episode she still doesn't know Kal-El was a prince.
Feb 9, 2014 6:45 AM
Oct 2009
babymilo91 said:
Woah that ending. I did not see that coming, Claire being Nina Viento. I wonder what Kal-El is gonna do if he finds out who she really is.

Kill her hopefully. :)
Feb 9, 2014 6:49 AM
Oct 2009
Aipom said:
Are you guys serious? I think it would be hard to believe she isn't just a puppet forced into this whole thing, I'm pretty sure no sane kid would do such things by their own free will.

Children at 15 months can already differ between wrong and right. She supported a corrupt revolution that installed a fake republic ruled by some despot.

Honestly I hope she comes to really care about him and then gets killed by him knowing how much he hated her just to rub salt into the wound. She murdered his goddamn parents for crying out loud.

IceQ21 said:
but it seem the people of Balsteros hated the royal family, perhaps the royal family were actually tyrants but young karl didn't know it?

BTW I don't think he went aboard Isla for revenge though tempting, he simply wants to fulfill his mom's wish which is finding the end of the sky.

You can pretty easily rile up people against whoever is ruling because it's easy to blame them for about everything. That frontier duke was most likely subverting and working against them for quite some time turning public opinion against them.
However without Nina he most likely wouldn't have succeeded.
Feb 9, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2007
whoa I actually didn't see that ending coming....

Now it's just going to go with how she's misunderstood or something I guess.

I guess she's definitely more than the average noble.
Feb 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Graphically it is improved, but the credit goes to the emotional impact of the OST, during the flashbacks I was moved! T_T
Storytelling simple, pleasant and unpretentious, until it has reached the end! What a surprise, to find out who actually is Claire, but now I wonder, why show it now? O_o
It was better to choose a more appropriate time?
I hope manage to make the story even more unpredictable, today only drawback was the predictability of the plot, and I hope they add a little more of elements regarding the aircraft! * _ *
Feb 11, 2014 1:51 PM

Jun 2012
Kal-El fell in love with the girl who he wants to take revenge against. lol

Awesome plot twist. I love it. lol
Feb 12, 2014 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
are people really that good at judging plots or am i just slow?
so many people said that they expected that ending but that, for me, was the biggest plot twist i have seen in a while.
although i can see how you could think of the possibility of this happening..
Feb 13, 2014 7:11 PM
Apr 2011
"Would you kill someone you love because of love"

hehe

That quote seems perfect here. I was honestly surprised by the Claire/Nina reveal. Quite unexpected turn of events, wonder whether she will act on her suspicions of Karl or not. Will Karl harm her once he finds out...or will he forgive like his mother asks?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Feb 19, 2014 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really liking how this story is shaping up. Claire being Nina really blew me away, but now explains her quick deductions as well as why everyone is so protective of her. On a random note, Ignacio looks like L-Elf from Valvrave. I wonder what he wants from Kal-el.
Feb 20, 2014 8:48 PM

Jan 2008
Dafuq? Didn't see that coming. Also, that kid who threw the rock at the actress should be stoned himself.
Feb 24, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2012
I feel like it was a little early to reveal something that significant, but whatever. That's pretty crazy, I guess, though I wonder the reason.

Mar 14, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2011
That cliched Ari scene, made me cringe so hard I had to pause the video a few times. That end, that twist.. How is it possible? Was she just pretending to be shy and all? How can she be that young? How old was she when Karl was bowing in front of her years ago? Was that another Nina Viento years ago? There are so many people who can command/control the wind? I have a lot more questions..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, haha, I must admit, that was a good twist I didn't saw coming :P
She also seem brainwashed a bit. The way she said it at the end that ''she was the good guy punished the bad ones'' seemed like something she recited herself a lots of time.

So they got closer and farter in the same time since we learned the truth about Claire.

I wasreally wondering how was his years with his new familly and I got my answer. It's always great to have some background early in the story. I hate it when they pull it out that the end of an anime and that you're confused for most of it.

I wonder how it will proceed in the future. The person he loves the most is also the person he hates the most...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2014 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
Did not surprise me that Clair is actually Nina. Got spoiled since first episode already. Sigh

I dislike Ariel's violent action to Kal when he came back. I got annoyed.
Apr 5, 2014 6:32 AM

May 2012
Amazing just amazing that ending <3 That I totally didn't expect that was just beautiful! This is going to be great, I can't wait until he'll find out the truth about Claire xD shit just got real... oh man this episode all my yes <3
May 21, 2014 3:22 PM

Dec 2011
Pretty amazing story, im really moved by it.
So far, its been adding more and more plot, and with this ending i cant wait to see the next chapter.
When Claire realized, i said to myself "Finally someone takes note of the similarities of names and appearances" hahaha
Aug 14, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2009
I KNEW IT! I called it half-way into the episode!
What a twist man!
Another great episode.

But you know, if what the townspeople are saying is true, then his father, the Emperor, wasn't doing a very good job. If he was doing a good job then the people wouldn't have felt the need to revolt.

I'm not sure if I should blame Claire at all for Superman's parent's deaths.
Oct 9, 2014 6:42 PM

Jun 2013
WHAT!
Oct 10, 2014 10:28 PM

Nov 2007
Shocker!
Dec 22, 2014 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
Before finishing episode: Man those flashbacks are pisspoor
After episode: wtf
MasterDetectiveDec 22, 2014 11:23 PM
Jan 1, 2015 7:54 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The ending, unexpected. I expected Nina Viento to not be related to Claire but wow, once Kal finds out he'd give no damn about killing her. She caused his parent's deaths, destroyed his empire, good motives to seek revenge against her.

Ariel getting mad at Kal for not coming back. Despite her tsundere mode being sort of annoying I can sympathize for her.

Jan 9, 2015 12:30 AM

May 2012
i did not see that coming wow...
Mar 21, 2017 4:08 AM

Aug 2012
Love the previews of this show!! Ignacio looks so mysterious or cool during the episode but in the preview he loses all of that! love it xD

The Nina/Claire thing was really unexpected 0.0 nice!!
Aug 22, 2017 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
WHAT????

Not gonna lie I wasn't even expecting that.
Apr 14, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
What the flying fuck I didn't expect that plot-twist.

Oct 7, 2020 8:45 AM

Apr 2007
I'm a little upset at the reveal that Claire is Nina because it was turning into a cute love story, but I know revenge is the main focus of the story. It will be interesting to see where this will go. I doubt Kal-el will simply forgive her, even though she appears to be a puppet anyway, something is sure to happen.

Also Ariel is so annoying. Shut that girl up :v
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

Aug 2019
Were they even trying to hide who Kal-El really is? LOL how does no one else suspect who they are, like what. They didn't even try to like hide his past or anything. Wasn't expecting that ending though

Oh yeah and tbh I find Ari like seriously annoying towards like did she really think Kal-El wanted to get lost?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.