Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2007 10:54 AM

Oct 2006
(off-topic -> MAL is back! Banzai!)

So onto the episode.

It was great yet again. What I'm loving is that the producers are not rushing anything, (I'd figure they would rush Balsa's recovery and move foward fast in this episode, but they did exactly the contrary. They gave room for some development around the characters and the plot. No rushes, the the scene with the stardiviner calmly oppening the locks to the Tome's chamber proves it. I get the feeling that the plot was very well outlined by the producers and that this will probably be one, if not the best, show of the season.
Next episode will bring some more action and development storywise judging from the preview. Looking foward to it.
KayrhandrosMay 10, 2007 2:28 AM
May 9, 2007 11:33 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode indeed, Kayrhandros pretty much said everything i wanted to say. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 10, 2007 12:00 AM

Jan 2007
Did anyone else have a little spaz attack when the shaman lady stuck her head in the prince's stomach?! I was like o.o;;

Also, sidenote: I find it incredibly hilarious that the prince is basically pregnant. Mpreg, anyone? *dies laughing*
May 10, 2007 6:05 AM

Apr 2007
yeah,its nice to have an anime that take its time for a change.
May 11, 2007 11:31 PM

Mar 2007
I just loved this serie Kayr made me go and watch it I blame him for enjoying this serie now. But I indeed like the way they making the developes on this serie nice and easy, so the eye gets too see details instead of rushing the stuff.

I can't wait too see how it continues with Balsa and Chagum.
May 27, 2007 11:47 AM

May 2007
MasterChief said:
yeah,its nice to have an anime that take its time for a change.

Yeah, I agree, im really digging this series mostly cause of the pacing of the story. You dotn want to move the storyline at break neck spead or at a snail pace.
Apr 12, 2008 6:46 AM

Oct 2007
great episode.^^
Jul 5, 2008 4:37 PM

Feb 2008
Yes, love that she doesn't have superhuman recovery. It's good that they took that time out, and liked that negotiation with the slaver too. It's not just a matter of baddies and goodies. I liked that they showed the diviner opening the trap door with that sequence, but I kind of forwarded a little when he's slowly making his way in. I think the Sage just gave him some busy work, lol. I'm not sure I liked the old lady sticking her head in the boy's stomach. Her, uh, "shaman" skills are adding a little bit of a cheesy element to the show. She's the only one drawn so comically too. I guess she's supposed to be the comic relief? oO
Sep 3, 2008 7:51 PM
Sep 2008
I can not understand how she was able to convince the slave trader to give up his horse! Did anyone get that part of deal and could possibly shed some light on it for me?
Sep 4, 2008 8:03 AM

May 2008
They didn't explicitly show how she convinced him, that was left that to your imagination. However, the last shot in that indoor scene is of her giving him a look with that cocky fixed smile .. so personally I think she got him to do it as a sort of favour/out of respect.

It would be very unusual to be able to tell what type of horse it was just from hearing it snort and tap its hooves ... This makes me think she planned to ask for the horse from the very beginning; she had originally wanted a horse to cross the mountains, so she knew she still needed one.
Dec 7, 2008 10:08 AM

May 2007
Yeah Balsa got a horse and while I am not 100% certain I know her plan, I have an idea.
My anime list
Jan 6, 2009 3:37 AM

Jul 2008
So the prince has some egg in him that could possibly bring a terrible drought to the land if left to incubate, so then it really is the Emperor's duty to slay his son.
Jun 9, 2009 5:17 AM

Nov 2007
She just looked at him and he gave up a rare horse O_O? ... uh ok, I think I have an inkling of what she may be trying to do but I guess I'll just have to watch and see.
Jul 25, 2009 8:06 AM

Jun 2008
Decent episode. But It was kinda slow pace.
Sep 20, 2009 9:58 AM

Jan 2009
She just looks at the guy and gets his horse? Yeah...okay.

Otherwise, yup decent episode.
Dec 14, 2009 2:08 PM

May 2009
aesopian said:
She just looks at the guy and gets his horse? Yeah...okay.
I'm guessing she persuaded him somehow. I doubt he would just give it away just like that. Interesting episode. I wonder what she's planning to do by setting the slaves free.

Anyway, this was another good episode. Nice to see that there's a lot more to Balsa than just her fighting skills.
Aug 1, 2010 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
Egg of the Nyunga Ro Im

How important is the egg to the emperor -

2nd part: They're going all out
I like the business part

Nice they got a horse
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 18, 2010 12:22 PM

Sep 2008
Definitely seems like a well planned out series. Hopefully there are some more interesting twists in store along the way...

I do wonder how she took that guy's horse... Can't believe she has such sway over some people! Amazing, haha. All in all, though, it was a great episode. I also have an idea of what her plan is, but am not sure... Guess the exciting thing about the next episode is that we get to find out. ;D
Aug 26, 2010 9:35 PM

May 2010
Drama was unnecessary.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 31, 2010 8:18 AM

May 2008
If I were buying a car, I would want Balsa with me. One look, and BANG--new tires with a free carwash!

That is one of my favorite scenes. The guy says "No way! That's not part of the deal!" Cut to, Tanda holding the horse. Love it!
[font="TwitterChirp, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, \"Segoe UI\", Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]My Prostate is NOT the size of a lemon. [/font]
Mar 6, 2012 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder what Balsa is planning by setting those slaves free.
Aug 17, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2011
Haha, she reminds me of the Major. Same anime director too. (I think I'm a fan!)

I want to know how she got the horse from him!

What does she plan to do with the people though?

Edit: 2nd time watching... Exact same questions in my head! LOL
Though I guess the freed slaves are in order to confuse the manhunt?
Also Kamiyama Kenji, the director, is the best. <3
MirorinJan 21, 2016 10:48 PM
Mar 24, 2013 8:27 AM
Aug 2007
Just marathoned the first 5 episodes. Wow.. this is amazing.. the animation is some of the best I've ever seen.. much better than 99% of shows that come out even now. The fight coreography is amazing as well. Loving it so far.
Jun 28, 2013 10:44 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha nice, Balsa getting the slave trader to give her his horse.

Also, Chagum was so cute, calling out to Balsa when he felt awkward with Torogai staring at him so closely. It's really unfortunate that the egg within, when it hatches, will cause a drought. He's just a kid too, no wonder he feels depressed about. I like how we get to see the two kids and Tanda go after him to try to console him.

I just wonder what she has in mind?

Oh and looks like Shuga's going to be deciphering those for the rest of his life. So many o_o
Dec 24, 2013 6:39 PM

Nov 2013
I think she set those slaves free because the women (particularly those from Kanbal) might be mistaken as Balsa. Not sure how she convinced the slave trader to give up the horse though... might have had something to do with her spear, since she adjusted its position after that scene (iirc).
Feb 13, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2009
So . . . She is planning to use the freed slaves as a diversion? I mean it might make sense if her description includes being a foreigner, however first and foremost would be the fact that she wields a spear . . . something none of those freed slaves have.
Jan 13, 2015 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode. Freeing those slaves was interesting.
Mar 15, 2015 4:06 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was a nice way to build up to a wham episode. Almost certain that shit's gonna go down very soon.

I wonder what Balsa's planning to do with all of those slaves...

Pretty good episode.

7/10

Sep 23, 2015 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
I'm assuming those jewels she used to pay him to free the slaves were also enough to get the horse. He was just being stubborn about it but that doesn't work on her xD
May 5, 2017 2:21 AM

Oct 2012
I don't understand her strategy to freed the slaves
I mean it's a good thing to do
But... What's her strategy? I can't seems to understand it right now :(
"Signature removed"
Nov 20, 2017 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
It must feel pretty weird, being told that you carry an egg inside of you...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 24, 2018 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
So Chagum himself is the "Guardian of the Sacred Spirit", huh. That's really cool, I knew it couldn't be just a "demon". But well, it seems that his father is set on killing him because they believe this "demon" is going to cause a major drought that will kill millions, now I can understand him better, still ruthless, but more understandable.

But I still prefer Balsa, she will try to find a way to save both Chagum, and the people. It may be reckless or naive to try to do so, I don't know, but at least she's looking for an alternative. Torogai is also really cool, and I guess that Jiguro is the man from Balsa's memory, I want to know more about him.

Also, I guess that the manhunt, first and foremost, is pretty much only a way to smoke her out of her hiding place since even the hunters are going to move; the Emperor, and the Great Sage were smart, but so was her. I didn't expect the jewels, and the money to be useful so soon, she did a good deed by giving back the freedom of those people, and at the same time misleading the manhunt; and well, that secret "tome" is huge, Shuga has his fair share of work cut for him. lol

I can't wait for the next!
Aug 15, 2019 7:23 AM

May 2015
Balsa got herself some slaves/
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 19, 2021 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
The pacing continues to feel so natural to me, especially with Balsa's recovery process and the worldbuilding in particular.
animejasJan 20, 2021 5:12 AM
Apr 7, 2022 1:48 AM

Jul 2016
this was even faster to me than the last episode, and it's strange because usually i can feel the progression of an episode and lose attention quite easily.
i don't like that balsa traded away all the jewelry though... for those 30 humans? are they being trafficked or what? at least keep some treasure. but as was said in the first episode, she's not materialistic.
Sep 6, 2023 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
This one felt so short, Balsa is healing and I'm liking her interactions with Tanda.

Looking forward to see her plan in action.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.