Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 2007 11:42 AM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hey guys. Raws are out. Find them at your usual torrent sites.

Update: Subbed version out.

kei-edit: links removed. please read the rules #1 and #2, no direct download links allowed.

Ah my bad. Thought it was fine for just the op/ed
SergOct 7, 2007 1:23 AM
Oct 6, 2007 11:47 AM

Mar 2007
It was a pretty good episode, not sure if I like the new mobile suits though. But the art really really impressed me, and the character design was superb.
Edit-
The new op was pretty good too, but I'm not sure if it's really "Gundam" to me. Gundam is supposed to be more synth imo.

I was bored, so I uploaded the op at youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlmUjHp-1f8
SobzobOct 6, 2007 1:18 PM
Oct 6, 2007 1:12 PM

Oct 2007
I just had one major nostalgic moment while watching this. Gundam Wing 0_o

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Oct 6, 2007 4:45 PM

Jun 2007
Can't say so much for a series that just started though hopefully it won't be as bad as Gundam seed destiny which was a massive turd.
Oct 6, 2007 6:39 PM
Jun 2007
i mean the gundams and the character was ok cant wait until its subbed
Oct 6, 2007 6:52 PM

Aug 2007
It was very.....different from other Gundams I've seen. No clue what was going on untill the very end, and first scene made me think of Code Geass. Almost seemed un-gundam like at times to me. Actualy have physical close range wepons and no beam-sabers :( Beam long range wepons were strange too. Although the flying thing looks...interesting, I liked it better before. One of my favorate things about gundam are the sounds, sound in the first scene was good, but after that it didnt realy catch my attension.

Sub out btw
Oct 6, 2007 7:45 PM

Dec 2006
Interesting. Very interesting...

I have very little to say... Nothing that happened really caught my eye.. But I SAW A HARO. And... I thought the purple haired person was a girl.. til he talked... And Setsuna's pretty. xD
Oct 6, 2007 8:19 PM

Jul 2007
Hey, finally an episode 1 I liked! I have a 1440x1080 of the opening, and damn it's sexy. Not to impressed with the subbers though. They also didn't give a shit on IRC when I pointed out a bunch of people were stuck at 23.3% on the torrent.

Anyways... I really enjoyed the first scene. Violence! Defiance! Bwahaha!

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Oct 6, 2007 9:49 PM
Sep 2006
A nice start, but nothing too special. I guess I expected more. I hope to see more character depth because all the pilots seem to act the same so far. Also, I don't like waiting until the very end to know what the hell I'm watching. xD

Full blog review of episode one found here.
Oct 6, 2007 10:37 PM

Jul 2007
Eh, I don't know what to think. Overall the episode wasn't bad and it was a good introduction into the overall theme and the suits but other then that it wasn't an overly good episode.

I'll give it a couple more episodes till I completely judge it but it just doesn't have the Gundam feel. It feels like it's lacking something.
Oct 6, 2007 10:56 PM
Oct 2007
The gundams are kinda bad ... the character design is like so so ... but the story so far is pretty good.
Oct 6, 2007 11:47 PM

Jun 2007
I thought it was a good start. It definitely seems like they're going in a different direction from past Gundam series, and thats good in my opinion. There's only so much you can take of them re-doing the same story over and over again.

The gundam designs where a bit stupid but it was only the first ep so I'll give them time to grow on me first. The characters seemed interesting too.
Oct 6, 2007 11:52 PM

Sep 2007
I can't wait for more episodes! Albeit, it isn't the same Gundam I've come to know and love, but I do appreciate that they're trying to do something with the Gundam name that isn't "We're the Earth. Let's fight the Colonies." I was also worried that the new Gundam designs would be lame, but it looks as though a lot of thought was put into them. The animation's real pretty, too. And, like all Gundam series, it has the self-righteous overtones. I don't know if character development will be as robust as, say, SEED, however. Still, looks good.
Oct 7, 2007 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
i hope this self righteous tone is like the korean war self righteous tone where they thought they knew what they were fighting for and then find themselves morally bankrupt or whatever people turn on each other, go crazy, @_ @, etc
Oct 7, 2007 2:55 AM

Jun 2007
Good first ep. new gundams looks pretty decent. I think I'm going to like this more than seed.
Oct 7, 2007 8:25 AM

Jul 2007
Pretty good first episode. I like the character and gundam designs and the story looks interesting.
This is my first gundam ever(other than the endless waltz movie, which i can't really count...), so i have no idea what to expect, and nothing much to compare it to, but from my point of view it seems like it will be pretty fun to watch.
Oct 7, 2007 8:41 AM

Sep 2007
cloudtheclow said:
and first scene made me think of Code Geass.

yes same here especially this celestial being reminds me of the black knights
but since i didnt watch seed and it was years that i watch a gundam again i gve it a try and will watch it

oh and a side note it was good to hear Miyano Mamoru again
TenshinOct 7, 2007 8:47 AM
Oct 7, 2007 9:13 AM

May 2007
So did anyone else get the impression that Setsuna is kind of like Shinn from Gundam Seed Destiny? That's the first person that I thought of when I first saw him. His hometown ravaged by military attack and now he's in a Gundam out to get revenge on the world.

I really can't say much about the story. I'll wait for it to develop a little more before making judgment. But I will say that the Gundam series knows how to incorporate politics the right way. Really makes things interesting.

Gundam design is interesting, to say the least. Some of the gundams looked a little weird, others looked pretty good. Loving the character design though and art.

Should be a good series.
Oct 7, 2007 1:36 PM

Mar 2007
The only other gundam series that I've watched so far was G Gundam, and that was a long time back so I can't compare it to all the previous Gundam series, looks good so far, like the colorful art and character designs as well as the op, the ed seemed a bit dull, but it's all good

Dibs on Ishida!
Oct 7, 2007 1:44 PM

Nov 2006
Ceray said:
I thought the purple haired person was a girl.. til he talked...
Rofl, me too. I did a RL "O_O" when he started talking.

Setsuna = Ritsuka without his ears, I can't get over how much they look alike.
Oh, and Miyano Mamoru doesn't fit him. I was cringing the entire time he talked.

I'm really confused....are all Gundams this confusing? It's annoying me. Oh well, guess I'll keep watching.
Oct 7, 2007 4:33 PM

Jun 2007
I watched the episode last night. It was okay I guess. I think I'm a little biased considering that I'm still watching Gurren Lagann and this feels kind of disappointing compared to that series. But I'll keep watching to see if it gets better.
Oct 7, 2007 5:58 PM

Feb 2007
Not that confusing windy.. :P

I quite like this new Gundam. I knew the she man was a guy.. I knew before it aired because.. well I don't know.

He is my favourite character, that she-man just because.

He might suck in the end.. I don't even remember his name. :D

Lots of characters, lots of things happening. They have a good 50 eps to sort it out.

I think Gundam will be better when not marathoned.. recaps might be less annoying :D
Oct 7, 2007 6:18 PM

Jul 2007
I watched the first episode and I really liked it, there are lots great characters and the Gundams look awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this series turns out.
TrieJul 15, 2010 7:31 PM
Oct 7, 2007 6:23 PM

Aug 2006
vindemon64 said:
So did anyone else get the impression that Setsuna is kind of like Shinn from Gundam Seed Destiny? That's the first person that I thought of when I first saw him. His hometown ravaged by military attack and now he's in a Gundam out to get revenge on the world.

I haven't seen destiny, but its to early to compare Setsuna to anybody at this point, considering we know virtually nothing about him or his motives.

windy said:

I'm really confused....are all Gundams this confusing? It's annoying me. Oh well, guess I'll keep watching.

If by confusing you mean a complex storyline with heavily incorporated politics, then yes they are.

I thought it was a good first episode, and I'm very very glad that it doesn't seem to be just another "Earth vs. Colonies" plot. I'm not sure what people mean by it "not feeling like a Gundam." It has earth & colonies, a bunch of different factions (it seems), Gundams (obviously) with predominantly teenage(ish) male pilots, and a politically driven plotline. I don't know about you but these things all reek of Gundam to me. All they need now is to throw in a masked character and dump on a crapload of pubescent angst and we might get SEED all over again ;P
Oct 8, 2007 12:12 PM

May 2007
im happy that the HARO is still there ;p

Oct 8, 2007 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
First episode was okay.. pretty much descibed what a celestial being was...
Oct 8, 2007 2:57 PM

Aug 2007
I'll keep watching till I now exactly what direction they may take
Oct 9, 2007 3:30 AM

Aug 2007
Looked a good episode. I need to remember what the factions are eventually (AEU and Union are the ones i remember off hand, theres another one which i've forgotten though)

From first impressions it seems better than Mobile Suit Gundam Seed which i wasn't a fan of.

Oct 9, 2007 5:05 AM

Apr 2007
Marek92 said:
im happy that the HARO is still there ;p[/quote

The new HARO is dam ugly :<

This series doesn't make alot of sense though... solar energy can support the entire world? :/ Not to mention that Gundam Exia has unlimited energy...]
Oct 9, 2007 2:09 PM

Oct 2006
I'm pleasantly surprised. The first episode was interesting. I'll probably see this one through.
Oct 9, 2007 5:09 PM

Jun 2007
the guy with the purpule hair and glasses surprised me... i thought it was a girl o_ò but then he spoke *shiver* XD

Oct 10, 2007 9:53 PM

Jan 2007
This is coming from a Gundam Fan, this series does look good. It already has a strong opening which I like, and the characters don't really seem to be the emotional wrecks like the ones from Gundam Seed. They really made this series serious, which I like. Gundam is ment to be serious, not Emo cry baby "I don't wanna fight" crap.

Oct 11, 2007 1:28 AM

Nov 2004
I just watched this finally. I've been loving the OP since I first saw it a few days ago. It's a bit plain but the song is pretty awesome. Impressions of the first episode? Hmmm... well, to be truthful I was a bit bored. I even paused it at one point and looked at the clock. Which is really bad because I generally only do that when I'm bored. Not a good sign. However, this is only an introductory episode so of course I'll keep going. They obviously had to outline the plot first before we get into knowing more about the characters (hopefully) next week.

Yeah, all we really need is some fleshing out of the characters. Having 4 stone faced Gundam pilots introduced to you doesn't really do much.
Oct 19, 2007 12:05 PM

Oct 2007
i think it was ok.after GL i dont think it can impress me that much

Oct 19, 2007 1:50 PM
Jun 2007
a typical first ep. of a gundam series. political turmoil and an arms-race.
I was expecting a semi-epic battle to kick off the episode but it was simply lackluster.
I'll keep watching though, the plot itself is very interesting.
Dec 17, 2007 1:49 PM
Jul 2007
vindemon64 said:

I really can't say much about the story. I'll wait for it to develop a little more before making judgment. But I will say that the Gundam series knows how to incorporate politics the right way. Really makes things interesting.

Gundam design is interesting, to say the least. Some of the gundams looked a little weird, others looked pretty good. Loving the character design though and art.

Should be a good series.

lol yes!!!! I even posted it on my blog

http://myanimelist.net/blog/mistress_reebi

So far,it's alright. It did remind me of Wing (didn't like that series, then again it was a long time ago and I didn't watch much of it) but the characters seem a lot more interesting than Seed. (I like that series, not destiny. That season was crap.) The "Celestial Beings" remind me of Evengelion. I am also confused but I will give this series a try.
May 30, 2008 9:28 AM

May 2008
Impressive art and animation. seems like gundam 00 will have an interesting cast of characters. I dont know why though, i felt really bored while watching this =S
Aug 24, 2008 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
The first episode didn't really interest me, so I hope it gets better from here. Though, i loved the ending theme!
Oct 7, 2008 5:49 PM
Sep 2007
Never seen any Gundam, but I found this episode very interesting. Nice mecha designs, as expected of Sunrise.
Oct 13, 2008 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
sweet animation (first thing i noticed) lol ;P kinda liked this version of gundam other than those other two gundam series ive seen a year ago (forgot their names)

I swear i had to take a deep breath & catch my jaw as it dropped when looking at this.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=755
Dec 28, 2008 3:53 AM
Nov 2007
Rewatching the serie. The scene with little Setsuna was pretty good.
Mar 31, 2009 12:53 PM

Oct 2008
good start i really liked the concept of the story: a war to end all the wars.. im looking forward to episode 2
Apr 5, 2009 7:19 PM

Mar 2009
So I've finally started watching this show, and after seeing this first ep. I think it's pretty cool looking. The battles were pretty cool (I especially enjoyed that air battle with Setsuna), and I'm sure that they'll only get better in the future! It's also a very well animated show, and it seems very fluid. This orginization named Celestial Being seems very interesting, but can they really manage to eliminate war? And is it just me or did that old guy in the video look more like the villain type rather than the leader of a group of do gooders? I wonder how those other organizations are going to respond because I know they won't take this lying down.

This looks like it will be a fun series to watch and I'm hoping t only gets better will the next episode.
May 21, 2009 11:14 PM

Apr 2009
For some reason I think Setsuna seems like the kind of guy who likes Pokemon. o__o
May 27, 2009 10:25 AM

Jun 2008
stickymochi said:
For some reason I think Setsuna seems like the kind of guy who likes Pokemon. o__o

LoL!! Why is that.
For me the typical Gundam atmosphere was there. Young boys trying to bring piece to the world by fighting and all that. Off course it has the advantage of modern animation and design. Let's see how it goes.
Jun 21, 2009 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
Rewatching! :D
windy said:
Ceray said:
<span style="color:teal">I thought the purple haired person was a girl.. til he talked...</span>
Rofl, me too. I did a RL "O_O" when he started talking..
LMAO. That was my exact reaction when I was first watched this, too. Tieria is incredibly girly... and then you hear him speak. Which ends any ideas of him being a girl.

Kamiya Hiroshi <33333

BEGINNER
Jul 26, 2009 11:30 PM

May 2008
Interesting Series.
Aug 15, 2009 5:28 AM

Sep 2008
First Gundam that I have watched and it looks intresting. So this Celestial Beign is trying to stop all wars, but that old guy looked like villian.

Oh well, as we all know, stopping all wars in Earth is quite impossible.
TsukajiAug 15, 2009 5:38 AM
Oct 17, 2009 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
Sighs, not interested at all in this beam spaming shit. But whatever, I gotta watch it for the purpose of trolling kiddies. Con: Miyano Mamoru. I hope the plot will be somewhat interesting in the future episodes.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Feb 6, 2010 4:38 PM

Nov 2008
Not what I expected. But I'll give it a chance.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Jan 19, 2008

89 by symiel »»
Aug 7, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.