Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 13, 2013 1:42 AM
Jun 2009
soooo.. I've read a bit of manga, but it's just not the same without their voices (I never read mangas after I've seen anime adaptations) so here's my question...
ANY PROGRESS IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP?
Like... does ANYTHING happen besides new karuta matches?
ins-chanJan 28, 2013 1:10 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2013 10:30 AM

Mar 2012
I hope so, though I ship Arata x Chihaya from ss1, but now, I just make up my mind ... if she still can not choose one man, she will be mine....baka Chi-chan =))
Jan 18, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2007
You wanted a BIG fat juicy spoiler, so here you go.

From Chapter 105:-

Chihaya beats Taichii at a A-Class Tournament Final in the latest chapter. It's Taichi's first A-Class tournament if I remember correctly after becoming a A-Class rank.
Jan 19, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
JCDRANZER said:
Chihaya beats Taichii at a A-Class Tournament Final in the latest chapter. It's Taichi's first A-Class tournament if I remember correctly after becoming a A-Class rank.

Wow, so she beats him? It's not a huge surprise but seeing how intense this game was and how good Taichi was at the begining, I was really wondering how will it end.

I just hope that at some point they will show this game in anime - it was really something. And just like Kana said - since it was Chihaya for Taichi and Taichi for Chihaya, this was probably the best game in life for both of them. I wonder wheter outcome of this game will change anything in their relationship...
Jan 20, 2013 3:24 PM
Jun 2009
.. so it's still only karuta sadly :( remember to let me know if there's something after that chapter like a rage kiss or okay no stop I'm so sorry but I need them together please
Jan 22, 2013 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
i really think this anime if they focus a littler more on charcter interactions and relationships also a bit of romance won't hurt :/
Jan 25, 2013 3:36 AM
Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
i really think this anime if they focus a littler more on charcter interactions and relationships also a bit of romance won't hurt :/

exactly! I love karuta, I really do, but I really hate unresolved sexual tension between characters D:
Jan 25, 2013 8:43 AM
May 2009
Chihaya's head is full of karuta, I'd be surprised if she ends up with anyone, even if Taichi is hopelessly in love with her.
I certainly like how this show doesn't focus on the romance part much, Chihaya's, cough, original personality, the friendships, and karuta is what makes it so enjoyable to watch. I feel like adding too much romance would destroy the magic and make it feel like your typical shoujo, maybe that's what the author thinks too and that's why she leaves the romance part hanging.
Stiil, it is shoujo/josei after all. There'll probably be some romance at some point, especially since Taichi's feelings are like that.
Jan 25, 2013 11:01 PM
Dec 2010
spoiler?

what to expect in season 2

1. a little character development for arata and shinobu
2. More sweet moment between Arata and Chihaya as well with Arata and shinobu
3. a concern chihaya after learning the past of arata and shinobu
4. Arata winning the high-school tournament
5. Chihaya admission of feeling towards arata.

well the one i want to see is the meeting of Arata and shinobu again after many years, shinobu character will act like kona chan of robotis towards arata.

maybe this is enough for a spoiler lol :D
Jan 25, 2013 11:55 PM

Dec 2007
orion_momo said:

well the one i want to see is the meeting of Arata and shinobu again after many years, shinobu character will act like kona chan of robotis towards arata.

lol Shinobu acting like Robotics;Note's Kona-chan? Duhuhu.
Jan 28, 2013 1:09 PM
Jun 2009
orion_momo said:

FML, seriously.
Jan 28, 2013 5:53 PM
Dec 2010
rhapsodie said:
orion_momo said:

Haha i can't wait to see how madhouse will animate that

ins-chan said:
orion_momo said:

FML, seriously.

i wii add #6 Shinobu recognize now chihaya as a rival in karuta because shinobu known now it is chihaya who change arata.

:From what i know this is a major love flag between chihaya and arata with corresponding poem . well if you notice most sweet moment of chihaya and arata has a corresponding poem. compare to chihaya x taichi moment the author never use a poem on it.

Jan 29, 2013 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
What orion_momo has said is heavily biased and some of it is plain untrue. Shinobu recognizing Chihaya as a rival because she knows she changed Arata? You just made that up; Shinobu hasn't exhibited any romantic feelings toward Arata (so far, at least).
Jan 30, 2013 2:13 AM
Dec 2010
syrupy said:
What orion_momo has said is heavily biased and some of it is plain untrue. Shinobu recognizing Chihaya as a rival because she knows she changed Arata? You just made that up; Shinobu hasn't exhibited any romantic feelings toward Arata (so far, at least).

you should read volume 13-15 of the manga, i hope my understanding on my nihonjin is wrong. from what i understand shinobu feel something different with arata compare when she met arata first back on osaka, aside from that shinobu doesn't believe that arata need a friend to be good in karuta. actually shinobu doesn't remember chihaya .well just read the volume 15. there an exchange of opinion between arata and shinobu regarding that and i bet shinobu learn that the friend arata told is in fact chihaya.
Jan 30, 2013 9:24 AM

Jun 2011
orion_momo said:
spoiler?

what to expect in season 2

1. a little character development for arata and shinobu
2. More sweet moment between Arata and Chihaya as well with Arata and shinobu
3. a concern chihaya after learning the past of arata and shinobu
4. Arata winning the high-school tournament

maybe this is enough for a spoiler lol :D

Made my life. Sorry huge ArataxChihaya fans here.and even more, Arata fans
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 30, 2013 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
orion_momo said:
syrupy said:

you should read volume 13-15 of the manga, i hope my understanding on my nihonjin is wrong. from what i understand shinobu feel something different with arata compare when she met arata first back on osaka, aside from that shinobu doesn't believe that arata need a friend to be good in karuta. actually shinobu doesn't remember chihaya .well just read the volume 15. there an exchange of opinion between arata and shinobu regarding that and i bet shinobu learn that the friend arata told is in fact chihaya.

Yes, I have, in fact, read those volumes, else I wouldn't be posting here. I still maintain that Shinobu doesn't harbor any romantic feelings towards Arata, and that the Chihaya/Shinobu rivalry is based on nothing but karuta. But if I'm remembering something incorrectly, I would appreciate if you could post the pages that make you think otherwise.
Feb 1, 2013 2:58 PM
May 2009
orion_momo said:
rhapsodie said:
orion_momo said:

Haha i can't wait to see how madhouse will animate that

ins-chan said:
orion_momo said:

FML, seriously.

i wii add #6 Shinobu recognize now chihaya as a rival in karuta because shinobu known now it is chihaya who change arata.

:From what i know this is a major love flag between chihaya and arata with corresponding poem . well if you notice most sweet moment of chihaya and arata has a corresponding poem. compare to chihaya x taichi moment the author never use a poem on it.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 1, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2009
Spoiler for little balance
Feb 1, 2013 3:16 PM

Dec 2012
so does arata love chihya ? and does taichi know chihya loves arata?
Feb 2, 2013 4:35 AM
Dec 2010
bastek66 said:
Spoiler for little balance

lol how she will miss taichi, in fact taichi is in the same area and tournament. i want to correct you actually i believe this scene is from volume 9 or 10, after chihaya take a bath,chihaya make a call to arata you will see another frame flower of sakura on that sweet moment of arata and chihaya, chihaya seeking an advice to arata and the pathetic taichi will be in jealous mode again.
orion_momoFeb 2, 2013 4:49 AM
Feb 2, 2013 4:40 AM
Dec 2010
tsudecimo said:

your question is actually answer already in season 1 episode 5 of anime, taichi think chihaya like arata.

if arata love chihaya - this question confirm on chapter 92 when arata said to chihaya that his inspiration on playing karuta is her's.
orion_momoFeb 2, 2013 5:29 AM
Feb 2, 2013 4:54 PM

May 2009
orion_momo said:
i want to correct you actually i believe this scene is from volume 9 or 10, after chihaya take a bath,chihaya make a call to arata you will see another frame flower of sakura on that sweet moment of arata and chihaya, chihaya seeking an advice to arata and the pathetic taichi will be in jealous mode again.

Nope, it's from (almost) latest chapter - 106.
Feb 2, 2013 9:00 PM
Dec 2010
bastek66 said:
orion_momo said:
i want to correct you actually i believe this scene is from volume 9 or 10, after chihaya take a bath,chihaya make a call to arata you will see another frame flower of sakura on that sweet moment of arata and chihaya, chihaya seeking an advice to arata and the pathetic taichi will be in jealous mode again.

Nope, it's from (almost) latest chapter - 106.

ohh i see still not read that chapter, because i remember a same scenario happen on the last high school tournament, but from the screen shot you share it seem she want to call arata 綿谷新 Wataya Arata, it seem chihaya concern on something and one to talk arata about it - i only based on a single screen shot you share and i have no idea what chihaya thinking.
orion_momoFeb 2, 2013 9:23 PM
Feb 22, 2013 4:47 AM
Aug 2012
I saw all of the spoilers here owo
I'm a huge fan of ChihayaxTaichi... but it's okay for me if Chihaya ends up with Arata...
I love Arata too you know, so... I'm neutral~
But I think the ending will be ChihayaxArata based on the manga and the anime...
Poor Taichi... I hope Taichi will find someone like Chihaya if that really happen...
Well just my opinion, it's up to the author how he wants to end the story...
Feb 22, 2013 5:47 AM

May 2012
Sumire -> Taichi -> Chihaya <- Arata <- Shinobu
Chihaya -> Karuta

I don't ship any of these characters because I can't just pick from Arata and Taichi to be with Chihaya, because we all know that they both deserve to be with her, but where the anime and manga is going it'll be and that mangacap momo posted in the previous page, Chihaya saying she'll always like Karuta and Arata
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Feb 22, 2013 4:38 PM
Jan 2013
GemmaOtaku12 said:
I'm a huge fan of ChihayaxTaichi... but it's okay for me if Chihaya ends up with Arata...
But I think the ending will be ChihayaxArata based on the manga and the anime...
Poor Taichi... I hope Taichi will find someone like Chihaya if that really happen...

If Chihaya won't end up with Taichi it is better if the story should focus on karuta and their relationship as friends. No offense to Chihaya x Arata shippers out there. But let's face it, their relationship is built on castles in the air. She looks up to him like a God and her feelings for him is typically based on idealism. However, because we've been watching these characters weekly it gets painful for us to see them get hurt. For a change I would rather have this series conclude in an open-ending. Chihaya is her own person and she doesn't belong to anyone, let her focus on becoming a professional karuta player and her future goals in life. But I hope that Taichi won't end up with just some out-of-the-blue random character - created for the sole purpose of a favorable win-win situation.
Feb 22, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
chinvincible said:
GemmaOtaku12 said:

If Chihaya won't end up with Taichi it is better if the story should focus on karuta and their relationship as friends. No offense to Chihaya x Arata shippers out there. But let's face it, their relationship is built on castles in the air. She looks up to him like a God and her feelings for him is typically based on idealism. However, because we've been watching these characters weekly it gets painful for us to see them get hurt. For a change I would rather have this series conclude in an open-ending. Chihaya is her own person and she doesn't belong to anyone, let her focus on becoming a professional karuta player and her future goals in life. But I hope that Taichi won't end up with just some out-of-the-blue random character - created for the sole purpose of a favorable win-win situation.

You say that as if the show actually focus on the romance aspect which it is sadly doesn't.
Let me just say to anyone who is watching the second season :
There will be no romantic conclusive ending in it
Feb 22, 2013 8:01 PM
Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
chinvincible said:
GemmaOtaku12 said:

You say that as if the show actually focus on the romance aspect which it is sadly doesn't.

This the Chihaya x Taichi thread right??? I'm not talking about the entire show. My post is just about the romance aspect, which is pretty much an elephant in the room. In fact, I like Chihayafuru because of the karuta matches and that's the very reason why I've been watching it religiously, not the other way around. The romance side is just a bonus. But I would prefer if this show has no romance at all, at least no shippers would win, it's everybody's game - fair and square. What I have written earlier is just my opinion concerning Chihaya x Taichi since I am obviously in the right thread so to speak.
Feb 22, 2013 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
chinvincible said:
tsudecimo said:
chinvincible said:
GemmaOtaku12 said:

This the Chihaya x Taichi thread right??? I'm not talking about the entire show. My post is just about the romance aspect, which is pretty much an elephant in the room. In fact, I like Chihayafuru because of the karuta matches and that's the very reason why I've been watching it religiously, not the other way around. The romance side is just a bonus. But I would prefer if this show has no romance at all, at least no shippers would win, it's everybody's game - fair and square. What I have written earlier is just my opinion concerning Chihaya x Taichi since I am obviously in the right thread so to speak.

Yea i agree what you said about chichya and arata romance , but you said the show should focus more on karuta meanwhile the show is already focusing way too much about Karuta ( which maybe why season 1 didn't sell well ) .

I actually wish the show had more romance to it but it is still a good show with nice characters. And don't worry the show will definetly have an open ending.

Also what is your take on why tachi doesn't confess his feelings to chichya is it because for the convenience of the plot?
Mar 10, 2013 5:38 AM

Dec 2012
Mezz said:
chinvincible said:
Chihaya is her own person and she doesn't belong to anyone.

Taichi disagrees.

I didn't understand this. When Taichi says that Chihaya "belongs to both of us" (implying him and Arata) what did that mean?

I watched this over and over and really couldn't figure it out. It just seemed creepy to me.
Mar 12, 2013 4:18 PM

Jun 2008
Sorry but as far as I read, the only romance I feel is Taichi x Arata.

Taichi is always calling Arata and vice versa, they get to interact twice more than Chihaya x Arata or Chihaya x Taichi. Not to mention Taichi/Arata blushing when they are together.

Okay now seriously what I think:
Rule of shoujo: guy who spent more time with heroine stays with her at the end. = Taichi. Im sure at the end it will be Taichi x Chihaya because of that. She will start slowly to notice that she loves him and that he was always by her side supporting her blablabla. but then this is a josei?

But seriously even though I love Taichi from the bottom of my heart, Im still totally Arata x Chihaya. IMO, she loves Arata since they were children. The poem of Chihayafuru and the flowers and sparkles surrounding Arata every time she sees/talks/thinks of him is proof enough. They wont stay together for the single reason that Arata will never be able to spend time with Chihaya as much as Taichi. He will probably travel to become a big karuta master and leave Chihaya again.

Whatever. I vote in threesome forever;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 13, 2013 6:01 AM

Feb 2012
Orulyon said:

Taichi is always calling Arata and vice versa, they get to interact twice more than Chihaya x Arata or Chihaya x Taichi. Not to mention Taichi/Arata blushing when they are together.

Rule of shoujo: guy who spent more time with heroine stays with her at the end. = Taichi. Im sure at the end it will be Taichi x Chihaya because of that. She will start slowly to notice that she loves him and that he was always by her side supporting her blablabla. but then this is a josei?

But seriously even though I love Taichi from the bottom of my heart, Im still totally Arata x Chihaya. IMO, she loves Arata since they were children. The poem of Chihayafuru and the flowers and sparkles surrounding Arata every time she sees/talks/thinks of him is proof enough. They wont stay together for the single reason that Arata will never be able to spend time with Chihaya as much as Taichi. He will probably travel to become a big karuta master and leave Chihaya again.

*sigh* godamn it knew i should have stop reading from te 1st line.

Anyway, i feel sorry for all the TaichiXChihiya shippers, give it up while you can guys.
Mar 13, 2013 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:

taichi seems fairly aware about chihya "unknowning" feelings towards arata.
Mar 13, 2013 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
IceBurn said:
Orulyon said:

Anyway, i feel sorry for all the TaichiXChihiya shippers, give it up while you can guys.

Tachi suffering will continue *evil grin*.
Mar 28, 2013 8:55 PM
Dec 2010
Mistraal said:
Mezz said:
chinvincible said:

Taichi disagrees.

I didn't understand this. When Taichi says that Chihaya "belongs to both of us" (implying him and Arata) what did that mean?

I watched this over and over and really couldn't figure it out. It just seemed creepy to me.

It seem theres a miss understanding here, Taichi said chihaya belong to both of them because even arata think he's always not there with chihaya, but for taichi know that arata is always there in chihaya's mind. and it is arata who said that chihaya doesn't belong to anyone that will be better concluded in chapter 106 if you read the raw that it is arata who said the famous word "chihaya doesn't belong to anyone.

Orulyon said:

the shoujo is not necessarily apply here since this a josei manga, most of the time a hardcore osanajimi never choosen in the end, after those major love flag is very slim chance a hardcore osanajimi will be choosen most japanese otaku never route on osanajimi, osanajimi is good only on hentai manga LOL.

MidnightPride said:
tsudecimo said:

taichi seems fairly aware about chihya "unknowning" feelings towards arata.

yeap she's very aware in fact she ask chihaya about it, if she's already like someone episode 5 season 1. only dumb guy who will not notice chihaya's body language.

tsudecimo said:
IceBurn said:
Orulyon said:

Tachi suffering will continue *evil grin*.

as a good advice for taichi to stop his suffering go find another girl and never fall to a girl who inlove to someone else :)
orion_momoMar 28, 2013 8:59 PM
Apr 3, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2009
Well, I want Chihaya to end up with Taichi, I like him, I think that Chihaya's love for Arata is more an admiration than love itself, she needs to figure that out, but it will take a while, the manga is more focused in the games, romance is not the priority...And I believe most shippers won't give up, when you like a couple you will still shipping then even if the end it's not what we wanted, I am glad for fan art...
May 19, 2013 1:07 AM

Jun 2011
Mezz said:
chinvincible said:

Taichi disagrees.

Taichi is so selfish, he was shown to be a great guy but actually isn't much ): Jealous freak
Mistraal said:

Lol I know right. From what I heard, it's quite confusing as to who said that, Arata or Taichi, but eitherway whoever said that, really.. Chihaya doesn't belong to anyone..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 19, 2013 3:18 PM
Apr 2011
What I don't understand is that why is so many of you believe that Chihaya WILL get with Arata. Honestly it's still up in the air. The author does good job balancing between the two by chapter 110 (mind you I caught up reading the manga in the last 2 days so It's still fresh in my mind).

I'm a full supporter of Chihaya and Taichi AND I believe by the end of Chihayafuru he will be out of the friendzone and and looked at seriously even if Chihaya doesn't "get" with him. Arata however, I think the closest he can get is through Chihaya's idolization of him. I believe Chihaya really likes Arata in the same way she likes Harada-Sensei (she even tried to give her sensei chocolates but was turned down cause he said he had a wife). It's her closest idea of "like" towards another person.

In the beginning I really didn't like kid Taichi's bratty and arrogant attitude and I was all for kid Arata and kid Chihaya to be paired up. But after the kids all grew up Taichi really changed and so I forgave him for his bratty attitude as long as he continued being a responsible person with a level head, which he did. He's certainly smart, knows he has to improve, works extremely hard (balancing karuta and staying the school's #1), and has the worst luck ever. Yet you never see him boasting about how great he is as a teenager unlike when he was a kid. And even with all that, he's only human. He had a childhood crush on Chihaya, but had to go to another middle school to which he had little to no contact with Chihaya. In this time period all three of the kids were basically seperate and were free to explore and grow as themselves (even chihaya took up track for a bit), and it's certainly not odd that Taichi went and got a girlfriend. In high school Taichi and Chihaya were finally reuinited that's when Taichi's love for Chihaya was reinforced and he understood that he really really liked her afterall (despite all of chihaya's weird habits). He's always there for her, looking after her, supporting her and Chihaya doesn't see it at all AND he knows that. Because that's the person Chihaya is and he still likes her for what she is.

I believe Arata likes Chihaya the same way Taichi likes Chihaya but I don't believe Chihaya likes Arata the same way. He was introduced in the beginning as someone who was really good at Karuta and someone who inspired Chihaya to have a goal for herself. He was being bullied in the classroom and Chihaya, being the outspoken girl that she is, defended him which lead to the start of their friendship. To his day Arata considers playing karuta in that small room of his with Chihaya the most fun game he has played. I see this moment as Chihaya's first instance of idolizing Arata after she was beaten horribly. But because it was Arata that got her into playing competitive karuta, she sees him as an important person in her life for doing that. However, Arata has also changed from when he was a child too and not for the better. He's was out of the picture and doing his own stuff for half the time: stopping karuta for a while due to his grandfather's death, and becoming arrogant and rude about it. Even when Chihaya and Taichi went to see him about it, he certainly shouldn't have treated his friends like that... but given the circumstances I suppose it was understandable (and he did feel bad about it afterwards). What I'm saying is that Chihaya and Taichi went to Arata because they want Arata to go back to loving karuta instead of being the depressing child he was and not because Chihaya likes Arata romantically.

Also that picture spoiler orion_momo posted isn't exactly on the mark. When Chihaya she likes Karuta and Arata it doesn't have to mean romantically. In Chapter 37 Chihaya plainly said that they're just childhood friends.

[sorry, I'm not sure how to shrink this...]
May 24, 2013 2:27 AM
Mar 2012
xiaohimecece said:
What I don't understand is that why is so many of you believe that Chihaya WILL get with Arata. Honestly it's still up in the air. The author does good job balancing between the two by chapter 110 (mind you I caught up reading the manga in the last 2 days so It's still fresh in my mind).

I'm a full supporter of Chihaya and Taichi AND I believe by the end of Chihayafuru he will be out of the friendzone and and looked at seriously even if Chihaya doesn't "get" with him. Arata however, I think the closest he can get is through Chihaya's idolization of him. I believe Chihaya really likes Arata in the same way she likes Harada-Sensei (she even tried to give her sensei chocolates but was turned down cause he said he had a wife). It's her closest idea of "like" towards another person.

In the beginning I really didn't like kid Taichi's bratty and arrogant attitude and I was all for kid Arata and kid Chihaya to be paired up. But after the kids all grew up Taichi really changed and so I forgave him for his bratty attitude as long as he continued being a responsible person with a level head, which he did. He's certainly smart, knows he has to improve, works extremely hard (balancing karuta and staying the school's #1), and has the worst luck ever. Yet you never see him boasting about how great he is as a teenager unlike when he was a kid. And even with all that, he's only human. He had a childhood crush on Chihaya, but had to go to another middle school to which he had little to no contact with Chihaya. In this time period all three of the kids were basically seperate and were free to explore and grow as themselves (even chihaya took up track for a bit), and it's certainly not odd that Taichi went and got a girlfriend. In high school Taichi and Chihaya were finally reuinited that's when Taichi's love for Chihaya was reinforced and he understood that he really really liked her afterall (despite all of chihaya's weird habits). He's always there for her, looking after her, supporting her and Chihaya doesn't see it at all AND he knows that. Because that's the person Chihaya is and he still likes her for what she is.

I believe Arata likes Chihaya the same way Taichi likes Chihaya but I don't believe Chihaya likes Arata the same way. He was introduced in the beginning as someone who was really good at Karuta and someone who inspired Chihaya to have a goal for herself. He was being bullied in the classroom and Chihaya, being the outspoken girl that she is, defended him which lead to the start of their friendship. To his day Arata considers playing karuta in that small room of his with Chihaya the most fun game he has played. I see this moment as Chihaya's first instance of idolizing Arata after she was beaten horribly. But because it was Arata that got her into playing competitive karuta, she sees him as an important person in her life for doing that. However, Arata has also changed from when he was a child too and not for the better. He's was out of the picture and doing his own stuff for half the time: stopping karuta for a while due to his grandfather's death, and becoming arrogant and rude about it. Even when Chihaya and Taichi went to see him about it, he certainly shouldn't have treated his friends like that... but given the circumstances I suppose it was understandable (and he did feel bad about it afterwards). What I'm saying is that Chihaya and Taichi went to Arata because they want Arata to go back to loving karuta instead of being the depressing child he was and not because Chihaya likes Arata romantically.

Also that picture spoiler orion_momo posted isn't exactly on the mark. When Chihaya she likes Karuta and Arata it doesn't have to mean romantically. In Chapter 37 Chihaya plainly said that they're just childhood friends.

[sorry, I'm not sure how to shrink this...]

Chihaya never said they're plainly just childhood friends. What was said was more of an allusion to the poet (The poem is also interpret two ways. One is love and another interpretation is about meeting an old friend though not actually meeting but more like watching a ship as it pass though in just a brief moment). This chapter, I think is where Chihaya is starting to notice her feelings.
orion_momos pictures shows that Chihaya starting to realize her feelings for Arata. "I don't really understand... Don't really understand these feelings... But I know that I will always... Like Karuta ....And Arata." Always also haves a deep meaning. In your picture it looks like Kana knows what Chihaya is starting feel. She also later told Taichi "Chihaya won't stay a blind naive fool forever"
May 24, 2013 2:32 PM

Sep 2008
I agree with you with everything, xiaohimecece :)

I have the same impression :)

Also, if author have to plan to make Arata/Chihaya,
they he really need more screentime.
Also I don't think Chihaya is in love with Arata
when they rarely talk or talk only about karuta.
Because I don't belive in jousei manga such love could exist.

Yeah, we see each other once in year,
he sometimes write messages and talk by phone about karuta,
but we so in love with each other.

Yeah -.-
May 24, 2013 2:49 PM
Jun 2007
Geez, you guys make it sound like Arata won't have any more interactions with Chihaya. I'm sure he'll get more screentime. More so when he said to Taichi he's coming to Tokyo for college; that's why he felt so threatened.
May 25, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I know...
but for me this is really hard to get...
Yeah, allmost all two season with Tachi/Chihaya,
and few episodes with Arata/Chihaya.

Even if this only Tachi -> Chihaya in most of episodes of both seasons,
and we see this love, and we have Arata ? Chihaya,
in few episodes.
And we are convincing Arata/Chihaya will be canon,
because of 3-4 episodes of because hidden poems.
Jul 5, 2013 10:17 PM

Aug 2010
love Taichi and Chihaya..i dunno but i just love them to be together..i know Arata and Chihaya has more chance..and a lot of people want them to be together..even in anime..im hoping it would be different in manga..

hope it will be like this
--Arata beats Taichi then becomes Meijin which is his dream
--Chihaya becomes queen
--Taichi and Chihaya end up together

its all win..if Arata becomes Meijin then ends up with Chihaya..that's gonna be so unfair with Taichi..:/
Jul 7, 2013 8:29 AM

May 2009
shinigami44 said:
hope it will be like this
--Arata beats Taichi then becomes Meijin which is his dream
--Chihaya becomes queen
--Taichi and Chihaya end up together

its all win..if Arata becomes Meijin then ends up with Chihaya..that's gonna be so unfair with Taichi..:/

I think it will be opposite. Taichi become mejin and Arata with Chihaya :/
Aug 25, 2013 8:07 PM

Apr 2013
I think the love triangle will come to a closure when Arata comes to Tokyo.

Like Shinigami44 explained, Arata becoming Meijin AND winning Chihaya will surely mean the end of Taichi's relationship- it'd be too tragic. For a long time, the author has purposely not made Arata trully tell the viewers at the very least how he feels about Chihaya. This would open up a balanced story where Arata can't return true feelings for Chihaya because of Karuta. Chihaya's little feelings are rooted from admiration. I think she'll always see Arata as a significant figure in her life, but she'll develop very deep feelings for Taichi and will turn to Taichi because Taichi will work hard to open her eyes.. I truly believe that Arata should be the meijin, Chihaya as the queen and Taichi as winner of Chihaya's heart. I mean, in all seriousness, I can't see Arata date or fall in love with Chihaya...Arata will remain in the friendzone.
Or at least that's wishful thinking.

Also other stuff regarding the poem, even if the story seems like its set up to end up like some of the poems, wouldn't that be too predictable? All this ass-working on Taichi's part to win Chihaya's heart and we have a double victory for Arata?

And what of being the underdog? The idol of Chihaya IS Arata, despite all lack of screentime, the whole story wouldn't be there without Arata. Taichi has lesser significance in the grand scheme of things.. TAICHI HAS TO WIN! If not..Good God, I'll be furious. If no one wins, fine..But no outsider should replace Chihaya's position in relation to Taichi. That will be the death of the manga..

Shinobu should just end up with Arata. Arata doesn't deserve to win two things (Master title and..),
especially not the greatest of the two; Chihaya

Vita_AeternaAug 25, 2013 8:13 PM
Sep 5, 2013 5:11 PM

Feb 2013
Haven't read the manga but I think Chihaya doesn't really love love Arata. I think it's more of admiration mixed with her love of karuta. If there would be any romance in this series I think Taichi would be the "initiator". He would tell Arata his feelings about Chihaya and they would square off for her or something like that. Another possibility is Taichi just straight up confesses to her. I believe Chihaya is too engrossed with karuta to initiate any romance.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Nov 4, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
in chapter 120(if im not mistaken) Arata confesses to Chihaya already and gad..when Chihaya thinks about it, there are these cheesy poem lines..F*CK..i really dont like where it is going..but i wanna read it to bitter end..im not expecting anymore twist..im not getting my hopes up anymore for Taichi x Chihaya..i just want a good ending for my Taichi..:/
Apr 5, 2016 11:42 PM

Apr 2015
Hey guysss, I just started the manga and wanted to ask if there is really no "couple" in the end. It's has been getting on my nerves that the anime had no real "winner" so I thought i start the manga. just a question, hope somebody can answer :3 (btw i think Taichi x Chihaya is so much cuter in the anime as well as in the manga so far <3 )
Apr 29, 2016 1:14 PM
Oct 2015
Okay spoiler spoiler!!!!! Just so you know!!

Okay I've read to chapter 164 and I have to say that I enjoy it very much because suddenly there isn't just karuta anymore (which I also love) but New turns in the story...
The spoiler is that Arata confesses to Chihaya but nothing really happens after that with those to....
Now I am a Taichi x Chihaya shipper!! I think that's also something that has kept me trough the manga and HE CONFESSES!!! Omg I cried!!! Okay but he misunderstands Chihayas silence as rejection and says it's okay... That he have never before accepted anyone else's feelings for him... Now after that somethings happen that make Taichi have to leave the karuta club and Chihaya blames herself for that (I think it's a long time ago I read it) so she leaves too...
I don't really wanna tell anymore but I hope it helped and I just wanna say that I really love it even though it sometimes can be a bit long (those matches sometimes) but I really love it so please give it a chance :) by the way. I watched the anime before I started reading it and I didn't think I ruined anything
Sep 13, 2016 12:55 PM
Aug 2014
taichi character has come a long way and will surprise all in the next coming chapters after (Aug2016-) as of chaper 150-171 he has just meet back up with his team and apologize for leaving and left to train with a master but chihaya and the others have come to understand him and await his return i definitely feel like taichi's character is overlooked alot because the taixchi ship and the fact that he has the most realistic development wise out of the main 3 his perpective is the realest you will get from the series i believe hes the only character expirencing real love and its hardships (unrequited,blindsided, friendzone) whatever it makes his character extremely relatable he's constantly being inspired but at the same time crushed by the reality of his situations which has effected his team shaping them along with chi help to become better players , because he's the only character putting love for someone before his love for the game instead of balancing the two like everyone else

he goes through the most low points throughout the story but you gotta appreciate how he is not magically getting over his negative traits (jealously) and actually struggling through it taichi's passion of the game and constant desire of self improvement steams from his love and dedication to chihaya and its geniune but unforenatley hes gotta learn how to live for himself and want these things for himself before others lol best thing about his character is he's learning to love the game and separate this from his romantic desires slowly which is opposite to the other two protagonist and that is great cause your seeing another raw love for the game being crafted much like chi's their development complement each other which im pretty sure you can find a poem somewhere in the story that relates to that

but dont get me wrong arata is pretty dope he's got that whole ryouma (prince of tennis) thing going and i still wanna punch mini taichi in the face for the bullying but even though he has had it rough i rather not sympathize for him for too long he is still striving through his fair share of disappointments while reaching his god like goals trying to perfect his perfection like most prodigal characters but as of right now hes is honestly unrealatable up to this point and seems to show up conveniently like the hero of the day for chi but not actually doing the work throughout it which is bound to happen due to his lack of apperance in chapters and usually happens when your writing about a prodigal character that is not only focus .hopefully he gets more progressive chapters outside being a romantic goal for chi

but like we all can tell taichi is the underdog as of right now but so are many winners in the manga battle and they come up so hopefully he does not share the same fate as his digimon conterpart and lose the battle of the girl but win the heart of the fans in the end R.I.P Tai x sora lol i promised i would never set sail one ship but taichi got my support that hopeless jerk :,) taixchihaya you have the support of a average joe reader but dont forget his character as a individual but tbh both guys honestly look like two basic yaoi characters if you ask me so whoever gets the most fans author might give and let win regardless but this is coming from someone who fairly viewed the series romantic sub plot till the lastest possible chapter the love is there its getting recognized hopefully by chi soon

sorry for run on sentences and spelling errors im a scrub

kwamehamehaSep 13, 2016 4:34 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2013

104 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

89 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

76 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

102 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

111 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.