Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 14, 2008 1:35 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode.
Oct 14, 2008 2:00 AM
Nov 2007
Perhaps Nagi doesn't aware she 'really' have split personality, as she complaining she been asked 'weird' question.

Wonder the mature looking Nagi at the start of the episode is either sealed or what...
Oct 14, 2008 2:25 AM
Sep 2008
good episode, sadly three animals died during this show....

LOl at her trying to fight the frog/superball in a tunnel. That guy had more sense when he told her to fight it in the grass field.
Oct 14, 2008 3:12 AM

Nov 2007
i loved the part where she said about her breasts being to small that there won't be any milk and the laugh she did lol. so good.
Oct 14, 2008 3:40 AM

Jun 2008
I'm impressed with the animation and nice episode
Oct 14, 2008 3:48 AM

Mar 2008
Is this really 13 episodes? I wouldn't mind seeing a hundred.
Oct 14, 2008 4:10 AM
Feb 2008
She doesn't have split personality...
Oct 14, 2008 4:28 AM

Jul 2008
Sheepdude said:

Yeah I know.........PRAY THAT THERE IS A SECOND SEASON!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 14, 2008 5:02 AM

Aug 2008
A nice episode. The part with the kittens was sad. I thought they would adopt them. Her "split personality" act was really good- she caught me. Well, I'm still not sure if it was only an act.

BTW: Has anybody noticed in the beginning, when Jin was cleaning his teeth, how his image in the mirror wasn't moving according to him. I thought there were two different people in the room :D
Oct 14, 2008 7:50 AM

Sep 2008
Jin kinda confuses me.... he's either the wierdest pervert ever or just really clueless. Like a collar bone and her smell turns him on and gets him all embarressed, yet he can run around with her panties in hand and not think twice and carry her piggy back while her pantieless ass is hanging out and her crotch not more then 2 inches from his back.... yet that doesn't bother him..
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 14, 2008 8:28 AM

Feb 2008
Sheepdude said:

second that
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 14, 2008 8:41 AM

Jan 2008
Vin-nii said:

Win

yes :D
Oct 14, 2008 9:04 AM

Jul 2008
Jigero said:
Jin kinda confuses me.... he's either the wierdest pervert ever or just really clueless. Like a collar bone and her smell turns him on and gets him all embarressed, yet he can run around with her panties in hand and not think twice and carry her piggy back while her pantieless ass is hanging out and her crotch not more then 2 inches from his back.... yet that doesn't bother him..

How do you know she was pantie less?? As far as I can say with this scene you cannot even tell if that is the case. They never show and they don't show if she put the panties Jin was having in his hand or not. He is not a pervert, he is is just mindless and well aware he is dealing with a Goddess.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 14, 2008 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
5/5
Oct 14, 2008 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
id said:
Vin-nii said:

Win

yes :D

ALSO WIN!
Oct 14, 2008 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm putting story aside I like animation. It's kind of refreshing, different than usually used. I'll stick to series to the end ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 14, 2008 10:34 AM

Apr 2008
This one was really cute.

Poor kittens *sobs* Why do they always make kittens die in a lot of animes?
Oct 14, 2008 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
Nice Episode!!! :)

Nagi is win!! <3

and lol @ fake split personality xD

Oct 14, 2008 10:59 AM

May 2008
angel999 said:
PRAY THAT THERE IS A SECOND SEASON!

*praying* xD

but poor kittens >__<"

Oct 14, 2008 11:24 AM

Nov 2007
this....was bad=/. The personality change joke was ridiculous, and the actual double personality made it even worse.
The bug on the shoulder's kid reminded me of Boogiepop phantom.
Oct 14, 2008 12:15 PM

Apr 2008
They actually let the kittens die? Jesus christ.

Otherwise I don't mind this ep, it was interesting that they showed the dualism usually seen in Shinto gods.
Oct 14, 2008 12:30 PM

May 2008
The Dragonball joke was great!

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Oct 14, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
Amsterdamned said:
The Dragonball joke was great!

I SECOND THAT! Noticed it too! :D really LOL cause I though...wait a second 7 balls.......AH! DRAGON BALL! XD
Oct 14, 2008 1:22 PM

Sep 2007
Not a bad episode but it was also fairly average. Not much else to say here.
Oct 14, 2008 2:26 PM

Dec 2007
Plate said:
They actually let the kittens die? Jesus christ.

I wondered if it was simply there to show Nagi isn't just a goddess, she has things to do. It was a nice touch imho.
Oct 14, 2008 3:00 PM
Nov 2007
Pure win. :O
Poor kittens tho. :(
Oct 14, 2008 3:14 PM
Aug 2008
Hmm, Haruka-san is just perfect for Nagi.
Hmm, didn't imagine her being anything like that from the manga, but she just fits so well.
Oct 14, 2008 3:41 PM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one who diddn't really care that the kittens died? Well I guess I would require a soul for that.... >.>
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 14, 2008 3:45 PM
Dec 2007
Average episode after a good start last week. I wonder where the series is going, there's no definite plot line and only two main characters and one secondary character for now. On top of that, the subject is really basic and not original (a Goddess and a boy... seen a hundred times already), and I'm not a big fan of this type of animes, so...

I wonder, could someone tell me why this series is so hyped and a lot of people here watch it? I mean, it's not a blockbuster at all (low budget, no action, average animation), there are few comedic moments, very few references, no unforgettable character or great "never-seen-before" element, and I guess it's not the most famous manga/light novel adaptation of out there (even the original work seem to not be taht popular)? Sure it seems to match some criteria to please the fans of the comedy/romance genre, but I don't see why it should be such a famous anime?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 14, 2008 6:54 PM

May 2007
Oh wow this was good, 5 out of 5 episode.

Maybe my favorite we're-arguing-so-now-I'm-going-to-leave-and-then-we'll-be-sorry-and-get-back-together episode ever.

The cats dying was sad, the girl finding out then the tale Nagi strung was great and the show just is good.
My anime list
Oct 14, 2008 7:01 PM
Jun 2007
Jacut said:
Average episode after a good start last week. I wonder where the series is going, there's no definite plot line and only two main characters and one secondary character for now. On top of that, the subject is really basic and not original (a Goddess and a boy... seen a hundred times already), and I'm not a big fan of this type of animes, so...

I wonder, could someone tell me why this series is so hyped and a lot of people here watch it? I mean, it's not a blockbuster at all (low budget, no action, average animation), there are few comedic moments, very few references, no unforgettable character or great "never-seen-before" element, and I guess it's not the most famous manga/light novel adaptation of out there (even the original work seem to not be taht popular)? Sure it seems to match some criteria to please the fans of the comedy/romance genre, but I don't see why it should be such a famous anime?

I have to disagree with you. Why its famous you say? Simple. Cuz its funny and cute - and people like that, especially me. Its not always about originality you know.. Of course, people have different tastes. If you're more into plot-oriented where you want to see an original storyline having sick plot twist here and there (eg. Geass?) then this is definitely not for you.

And its not low budget. It actually has awesome animation. Their movements are very detailed, imo. Idk for you.
giossOct 14, 2008 7:08 PM
Oct 14, 2008 7:21 PM

Jul 2007
Incredibly entertaining episode, I just can't get enough of Nagi:D
Oct 14, 2008 7:53 PM

Jul 2008
Jacut said:

I like the fresh change and we did not see that type of Goddess, I mean may be typical but not her personality and WHERE THE HELL did you see a Goddess with split personality???
Oct 14, 2008 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
Absolutely brilliant. Very enjoyable episode, Nagi is just too adorable.

i definitely agree.
nagi is getting even more awesome every episode
the animation in this anime exceeds my expectation, its great
nagi was being so cute when she was worrying about the kittens...
now, tsugumi is also cute. i knew this anime would be filled with bishoujo ever since i saw the promo image... but this is now getting into moe levels.
nagi's ojousama version was awesome. it fool'd me... kind of... her cuteness was too much
lol @ jun getting mad at nagi after that. this anime's comedy also meets my expectation. and the story fooled me too, it seems rather interesting.
though, if i were in jun's position, i would be mad too.... (a girl technically living in your house, without doing anything but eat and sleep, and probably kill insects..... and she's kinda mean sometimes about the god stuff..... while she IS cute most of the time..)
i smiled when nagi tried chanting after jun caught the ball xD
the ending was cute. i also agree with jun here. i would definitely take her back home because of the cuteness, and by then, she would have realized how she was acting XD
and yay for a new eyecatch at the end of the ED
i look forward to the next one. this anime is one of the best.
Oct 14, 2008 11:00 PM

May 2008
I watched this in a HORRIBLE sub. I might as well have watched it in a RAW.
Because the subs only served to distract and be confusing and annoying.
They were just the subs from the old episode put on the new one. For some strange reason. What a mistake to make.

Anyway, as cute of an episode as ever.
Superballs + impurities = Deadly combination. xD

Man, I can't wait to go back and watch this with a decent sub.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 15, 2008 1:25 AM

Dec 2007
Jigero said:
Am I the only one who diddn't really care that the kittens died? Well I guess I would require a soul for that.... >.>

Don't really care isn't what i would call it but it was a necessary thing I guess, Nagi isn't just an ordinary girl. Subtle piece of drama.
Oct 15, 2008 1:30 AM

Apr 2007
Another great episode. This one truly has potential.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2008 1:38 AM
Oct 2008
Not a bad episode but i think it lost a little bit of charm from the first episode but kannagi makes this show so far her odd humor and poor puns are great and even the little things like the stick perfectly in the center of the table was pretty funny it wasnt great but it wasnt terrible either
Oct 15, 2008 2:06 AM

Oct 2007
angel999 said:
I like the fresh change and we did not see that type of Goddess, I mean may be typical but not her personality and WHERE THE HELL did you see a Goddess with split personality???

Well Kuu-chan wasn't a godness per say but Wagaya has plenty of examples of specters and gods/godness changing up their personas

Hanyuu from Higurashi was a pretty severe split personality if i do say so myself

Kyouka from kyouran Kazoku Nikki has her dual personalities of being CRAZY and them really serious and protective of her family and Horo from spice and wolf and Haruhi are kind of stretching it a bit but all three had personality changes at points in their series

Newayz episode was average but fairly enjoyable. Kannagi is just having a tough time standing up next to so many awesome series this season. Never thought i'd say animation quality was TOO high lol the hair moving was nice (like when she bowed) but the head rattling convo was a bit too much lol
so_addictiveOct 15, 2008 2:09 AM
Oct 15, 2008 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
so_addictive said:
angel999 said:

Well Kuu-chan wasn't a godness per say but Wagaya has plenty of examples of specters and gods/godness changing up their personas

Hanyuu from Higurashi was a pretty severe split personality if i do say so myself

Kyouka from kyouran Kazoku Nikki has her dual personalities of being CRAZY and them really serious and protective of her family and Horo from spice and wolf and Haruhi are kind of stretching it a bit but all three had personality changes at points in their series

Newayz episode was average but fairly enjoyable. Kannagi is just having a tough time standing up next to so many awesome series this season. Never thought i'd say animation quality was TOO high lol the hair moving was nice (like when she bowed) but the head rattling convo was a bit too much lol

I WILL POINT OUT ONE THING YOUR EXAMPLES DO NOT HAVE: That these Goddess types were not human looking as much as Nagi at the very least when I think about them.
Oct 15, 2008 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
Absolutely loved this.
Kannagi is deffo my favorite anime for this season thus far.
Jacut said:

I wonder, could someone tell me why this series is so hyped and a lot of people here watch it?
It's no blockbuster neither is it original. But it puts together alot of elements that we've seen before, that we all love and do it right. Plus I have no idea what you mean by cheap animation, I'm extremely fussy about my animation quality and I personally think this is superb. At least it keeps up the quality of the first episodes, just hoping it will continue that way.
Oct 15, 2008 1:29 PM

Dec 2007
This episode proves it. This is easily the best show of the fall season right now. The characters feel so alive, the writing and humor are both fairly low-key but spot-on, and the music has a great sound to it. The only fault that comes to mind is the hyperactive animation that reminds me of early Popeye cartoons ("Look at how animated we can make these characters move!"). I can easily see this show having sequel upon sequels in OVAs and TV shows. Awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2008 2:08 PM
May 2008
This is a pretty funny episode and I'm certainly enjoying the soundtrack from this series also. I'm a bit confuse on Nagi absorbing the cats though.
Oct 15, 2008 2:24 PM

Jul 2007
nagi has a nice ass :D

in other news, episode..wait the whole show is made of pure WIN. especially the op. and all scenes featuring nagi. lulz
Oct 15, 2008 11:59 PM

Dec 2007
Interesting episode. I'm impressive with this show, and I enjoyed it so far. This is probably my favorite anime of this Fall season. Tsugumi is moe, and Nagi is too cute. I'm looking forward to more.
Oct 16, 2008 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
Drengot said:
And its not low budget. It actually has awesome animation. Their movements are very detailed, imo. Idk for you.

Hey, I was thinking the same when I was watching. It has very fluid movements, ne? Something most all other animes do not have.

Anyway, nice episode. I WANT TO SEE MORE GOD POWERS
Oct 16, 2008 2:31 AM

Apr 2008
"Dont tell me that if you collect 7 of these..."
Oct 16, 2008 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
TwilightRhapsody said:
"Dont tell me that if you collect 7 of these..."

Lol. That part was nicely unexpected.
Oct 16, 2008 2:32 PM

May 2008
corroded said:
nagi has a nice ass :D

And the nice thing about Nagi, is that she probably wouldn't hit you for saying that.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 16, 2008 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Awhs, I'm loving the opening more and more! It's so catchy, <3

I reaaaaaaaly like this shoowww so far, the kittens. Wow, I could tell they were in pain and now just meowing in their sleep, the scene where the mother cat was shown, I was like "dh,=dsajhdsakhd, waaaaah kitties" and then, yes.

Oh goodness, her double personality act totally had me. & the 7 balls had me lawling, ahahah! I love NAGI!@#&Y!! and now, newest character whom I've forgotten her name, so cute. Animation = win, I loveeee it.

Oh goodness, Nagi really does have a nice thigh there, muahaha. Touching episode, especially toward the end all, weeeeh <3 I WANT MOAAAAAAAR!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.