Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2012 4:43 PM

Dec 2009
Are you new in the club? Then this is the place to introduce yourself!
Firstly I will start...even though I'm bad at it XD

My name is Juan and I'm from Holland, 22 years old. I've only been watching anime since 2009.
I'm one of the creators of this club. I will be the one who will add anime, help with the schedule(program) and be a mod in the synchtube room.
My hobbies are anime, games and music. Don't have anny other hobbies in particular but I'm always up for alot of things. For those who want to know what kind of music I listen to, check here: http://www.last.fm/user/juanii18 . Altough my lastfm is kinda random xD But I listen to about annything.
I don't hate annything and I'm not religious.
I'm quite sensetive so sometimes I cry while watching anime T.T
I watch about any genre but I enjoy slice of life the best!
oh yeah 1 final thing before I forget it, i love tea :D
If there is still annything you would like to know, don't hesitate to ask :)

~juanji
juanjiOct 1, 2012 9:42 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 19, 2012 6:25 PM

May 2012
Hello My name is Alex. Refer to my profile for info about me.

In all reality though, only thing you need to know about me is my unprecedented love for chibis and my waifu hanekawa-sama!

Sep 19, 2012 9:31 PM
May 2012
My name is Jeffrey. My profile is in the link below:-

http://myanimelist.net/profile/JeffreyZin

I'm an Autistic guy who really loves anime & video games.

I used to be addicted to anime since 2002. Especially Comedies & Slice-of-life genre.

Action & romance? Well, I take it seriously sometimes (Betrayal, Twisted & intense like School Days did).
Sep 20, 2012 3:39 AM

Jul 2011
Hello everyone!

My name is Tommi and I'm from Finland. 19-years old guy, watching anime since... 2009-2010 about?
(I created account to MAL little later in 2011 and did watch some show like DBZ lot earlier than 2009-2010)

I'm pretty active MAL-user, also I do watch some anime everyday few episodes.
As you can see from my profile, my most favorite character (Mai waifu) is Ryuugu Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ^^

My favorite anime genres are: Psychological, Horror, Thriller and Mystery
(Other favorites are: Drama, Romance and Ecchi)

GaichiSep 20, 2012 3:44 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 20, 2012 4:32 AM

May 2007
Hello guys, my name is Jason and I'm the other creator of this club.
I'm 22 years old (very old...) and I live in Belgium.

I study for animation in college, and I've been watching anime ever since I was a little kid. Though I only started downloading when I was around 13. My hobbies are drawing, animating, boxing, games, watching anime and kendo. My waifu is Suzumiya Haruhi, take your hands off of her!

If you have some questions, you can always ask me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2012 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
Hi guys looks like it's my turn

I'm Jorge I live in Portugal I'm only 17 years and I study on highscool and I want to became a video editor or work on the anime world

I've watched a lot of anime but only in 2010 that I expanded my anime views

I like animes and mangas a lot and I love animes about supernatural music slice of life and comedy

If you want to know more about just ask I'll tell what you want to know

Oh yeah and you guys keep your hands out of Hirasawa Yui she's mine
M8T0P3Sep 20, 2012 10:59 AM
Sep 25, 2012 6:20 PM
Feb 2012
Thought I say something since I got invited to this club.

I'm Josh Rose, I'm 16 and live in Virgina going to highschool atm studying to work with computers. I love watching anime I've been watching anime since I was 10 but got out of it later on in life but now I watch it nonstop to pass time. (Favorite kinds of anime horror,gory,supernatural,and other ones to). Also higurashi no naku koro ni has to be one of the best animes out there :D
Nov 4, 2012 7:33 PM
Jan 2012
^ same position as Lone

I'm Derek, 16, High School student, self studying in the computer field. Enjoy watching anime with others. Came back to anime around 12-20-11, with Claymore > Elfen Lied > Shikabane Hime S1/S2. I've been watching anime since Inyuasha. Though the times for the club events, I doubt I will participate since I play games with really good friends of mine. But I will try to come to some of them. Please comment on my profile page if you want to chat about something. I honestly think Sword Art Online (SAO) is my favorite anime currently. All time favorite (That I've seen) would have to be:

Angel Beats - Great ending, and hilarious
Shikabane Hime - Horror
Sword Art Online - Storyline
Freezing - Ecchi/Action
Sekirei - Ecchi
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - Romance
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Mystery

That is all.
Nov 5, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2009
Welcome and good to have you on board!
some good anime in your all time favs, altho i dont like SAO :P
hope to see you in the room sometimes :)
Nov 6, 2012 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
juanji said:
Welcome and good to have you on board!
some good anime in your all time favs, altho i dont like SAO :P
hope to see you in the room sometimes :)

We all know why you don't like SAo anymore and I'm almost of the same opinion as you
Dec 1, 2012 8:34 AM

Aug 2009
Hello I'm SantaBla and I have had a fascination with anime since early childhood. I'm also 23 years old.

I grew up in Mauritius where I ended up receiving French tv channels, and on one of those, I used to watch Club Dorothee as a little kid. My first anime was Captain Tsubasa. I also remember that my bro owned a NES, and we had Japanese import anime based games like Dragon Ball Z III Ressen Jinzou Ningen and Captain Tsubasa 2 - Super Striker. Watching him play these games thrilled me to no end.

I've always wanted to watch anime, but anime in vhs were rare, and catching it on tv was pretty hard since Club Dorothee has since stopped airing and anime was getting less and less frequent.

Thankfully, with the advent of the internet, I caught up Naruto in 2003 and like everyone else became an addict. It was a time when Naruto was still going at a decent pace. I was also watching some other anime, like Full Metal Panic, Those who hunt Elves and Tokyo Underground. However, the fillers got out of hand and I dropped Naruto for good.

Fast forward 2006, wanting to rediscover classics like Saint Seiya, Dragonball Z, and Captain Tsubasa, I ended up in rediscovering my childhood classic, Captain Tsubasa and found that the manga was still ongoing.

2 years later, I found myself wondering if giant robot classics like Grendizer had any sequel whatsoever and found out the author made a bunch of other giant robot shows in the last decade (2000s). These opened my doors to mecha anime (New Getter Robo), something I thought I would never love, being a football anime fanatic (Aoki Densetsu Shoot!, Whistle, Hungry Heart).

Truth to be told, I was never a big fan of the angsty protagonist like those found in Gundam, which is why I never really bothered about it, till I watched G Gundam. It was a real hot blooded show with an awesome cast and ass kicking mechs. Of course, I suddenly needed more of Gundam, but to my disappointment I realized that G Gundam was actually the odd one in the franchise. Nevertheless, I watched the other Gundam shows and started appreciating them what they are.

So there you go, in brief it went like this since 1992ish.

Classic anime > Naruto > Football anime > Super Robot anime > Real Robot Anime > Classic anime

Right now, I'm trying to discover and read more Osamu Tezuka works, so back to the classics. I don't know which other genre I'll get into, but probably the historical type since I love Yokoyama's Sangokushi, Souten Kouro and I also plan on resuming Hyouge Mono.

I guess I don't really care which anime is popular now but more about which genre they fall into, old or new. When I get into a genre, I really want to discover it to the fullest (which will usually take a few years). I just don't want to skim over it.

Examples would be watching Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Code Geass and stopping there, or watching Captain Tsubasa and stopping there, OR watching only Naruto and stopping there (I thought it really was the best during its early episodes, till I watched Flame of Recca, and ended up liking it a lot)

The reason for that iis that I like to see the genre developing from its early roots (not just by reading wikipedia, which often leads to misconceptions), and I found that both shonen type and mecha anime have a great deal of history to them, and it's fun to see how previous authors influence the new one and so on, like a never ending cycle.

To be fair, Japanese anime isn't the only thing I'm looking at, since I've watched a few retro Chinese anime. Did you know that Osamu Tezuka was actually influenced by a Chinese anime called Princess Iron Fan directed by the Wan Brothers? Now we all see the plagiarism that's going on in the Chinese anime industry, and sometimes I wonder why they can't go back to their roots instead of trying to copy pasta Japanese style designs.

I also have a small interest in Korean anime, since I've watched Taekwon V, which is obviously inspired by Mazinger Z. Funnily enough, YouTube has a few clips of some North Korean anime. I thought it looked quite good to be honest, especially for a mad man's country.

And lastly, since I grew up on Disney Comics (Carl Barks, Don Rosa, Romano Scarpa etc) and watched Disney theatrical films (Lion King, Tarzan, Mulan etc...) when I was young, I really want to marathon all of what Disney has to offer from its inception (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) to today's (Princess and the Frog).

Oh shit, I've written quit a bit. You can skip it if you want.
DocJangarlyOct 17, 2013 2:54 AM
Dec 2, 2012 4:30 AM

Dec 2009
That's an interesting introduction you wrote here Mechablitz. I ended up reading it all. You mentioned some shows I haven't heard about before, like Flame of Recca and Tokyo Underground. I have them on my plan to watch list now.
I'm not really a fan of mecha or classic anime in particular, but I do not avoid them. I do enjoy some mecha anime but I haven't seen much. As for classic anime, i kinda find it hard to find since I don't want to watch it on stream.
Well, catch ya soon in the Synchtube room.
Dec 2, 2012 10:24 AM

May 2007
Nice introduction man, it was a good read. Didn't expect you to pop in and type such a specific text.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2012 8:56 AM

Mar 2012
Great introduction I've only watch about 2 or 3 mecha anime but with this introduction maybe I'll watch some more.

About classic anime I don't watch either but if you say that there are other as amazing as captain tsubasa then I need watch them.
Dec 15, 2012 12:07 PM
Jun 2012
I'm Evangeline! I'm 13 years old and have been watching anime since 2008!
Dec 15, 2012 11:35 PM

Dec 2009
Hey Evangeline, welcome :)
Why don't you tell us about your favorite anime
Dec 15, 2012 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
Hey everyone :) I'm Tyler also new to the club and mal. I'm currently 20 years old and live in Montana. I first started watching anime about 5 years ago... Unless you count a couple episodes of dbz i watched with my uncle when i was like 8. My current favorite animes are steins;gate and Okami to Koshinryo aka spice and wolf.
Dec 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Dec 2009
welcome welcome, steins;gate is good indeed.
Dec 22, 2012 8:33 AM

Mar 2012
welcome guys I hope you enjoy our club
Feb 19, 2013 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
Hello i have been in the club for a little bit but always used my phone. Now i am going to start watching the shows on here also.
Most epic signature evar

Feb 20, 2013 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
hope to see you this saturday :)
Feb 20, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2011
What are we watching this saturday?
Most epic signature evar

Feb 21, 2013 2:32 AM

Dec 2009
I don't think we have annything planned, so we will just watch what the people want.
Feb 22, 2013 3:33 PM

Dec 2011
Sounds cool
Most epic signature evar

Mar 2, 2013 12:20 AM
Jun 2012
Hey everyone, i just accepted the invite for this club recently My name is Paul and im 19 i love the idea of this club and i cant wait to toon in and watch with all of you, i highly appreciate the invite!
Mar 2, 2013 5:44 AM

Dec 2009
Hi and welcome Paul. If you feel like it you can tune in today at 8PM GMT+1 :)
Jan 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2010
Hello guys ^_______^
Just joined here, I like the idea and I used to do it with some friends a while ago.
My name is George and I'm from Romania. I've been watching anime since I was 15 (I'm 24 now) and I've been very active in the anime community from my country, being admin at the largest romanian anime forum.
The disadvantage of that was not being able to make many friends abroad,focusing only at the community in my country.
Hope I'll fix it soon though.
xD
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Jan 27, 2014 1:05 PM

May 2007
Too bad our club isn't too active. But if you stay around and invite your friends, we might organize screenings again!
Nov 3, 2014 10:18 AM

Oct 2014
nice to meet you
I'm ocha, from tokyo.
yoroshiku~
Nov 3, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2007
ochanomizu said:
nice to meet you
I'm ocha, from tokyo.
yoroshiku~

Welcome ochanomizu :)
Nov 5, 2014 2:43 PM

Dec 2009
ochanomizu said:
nice to meet you
I'm ocha, from tokyo.
yoroshiku~

welcome! nice to meet you too.
enjoy your stay.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Riddle topic

Rethardus - Jan 13, 2013

8 by juanji »»
Mar 14, 2013 2:14 PM

Sticky: » Suggestions

Rethardus - Sep 11, 2012

25 by juanji »»
Oct 1, 2012 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.