Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2012 5:30 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Little girl with short hair (that looks like a boy) and the dog playing with the maze... and that girl from Orpheus Order is trying to get them as target for their goal. Girl as giver and the dog as solver.

Luke is popular. They got a duplicate one and is advanced one, so that Q-chan can get the info. (and said POG will back-up), then left.

Pre-POG guy is mad from last time. The girl said she found a target to get Luke to hell.

The dog with bracelet vs. Luke with maze puzzle, a dangerous one with mist. Opponent route also getting destroyed when each gate getting passed. The girl was also given so she can give orders to the dog from the anger that the girl from Orpheus Order saying that what she said is wrong and wanting to prove it.

Luke thought of a shortcut, which the dog knows. The dog suddenly stopped and Luke explained to the target girl that what the dog like is the girl, not puzzle. The pre-POG guy activated full destroy, and not only Luke won the challenge, he also saved both of them.

Luke said POG is re-established and is going back to prevent from more victims.

More challenges from Orpheus Order and it relates to... Anna's sister? (not sure) next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 15, 2012 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
The writers really were barking up the wrong tree this episode is shot for crappy pun XD.

To be honest, I felt the plot for this ep was a lil bit retarded. Especially when Rook had to explain to the kid (couldn't tell if the kid was a he or she, they had a female seiyuu but the subtitles said he, ah whatever) oh look the dog really loves you and not the puzzle o_O.

The size of that little kid's head was ridiculously large compared to the body :P.

LOL Rook is pretty popular with the ladies...but we all know he only has eyes for Kaito ;).

So that preview...HAHAHA KAITO IN A TOGA. Pure crackiness FTW. The next episode is already sold for me! :D
jenanimeJul 15, 2012 4:56 PM
Jul 15, 2012 8:14 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh. Using a dog as a solver... quite interesting.

Though I am more interested in Ana's sister in the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2012 10:08 PM

Feb 2011
Random kid and his random dog were pretty random.

Rook's reason for not staying with Kaito and the others was dumb. Wouldn't a good way of atoning be, to help the people, he tried to kill, against the people that are trying to kill them now?
The writers just couldn't figure out, how to make Rook and Bishop join the party, without making the good guys heavily overpowered.

Speaking of overpowered. Rook can save a falling kid, holding his dog, with one arm? Damn!
Jul 16, 2012 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
An other rook episode loved it :)
But I really wished he would stay with the gang but whatever.
Jul 16, 2012 7:06 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Well, that was boring. Crappy filler episode~
Jul 16, 2012 8:53 AM

Jul 2008
Kuchenlight said:
Random kid and his random dog were pretty random.

Rook's reason for not staying with Kaito and the others was dumb. Wouldn't a good way of atoning be, to help the people, he tried to kill, against the people that are trying to kill them now?
The writers just couldn't figure out, how to make Rook and Bishop join the party, without making the good guys heavily overpowered.

Speaking of overpowered. Rook can save a falling kid, holding his dog, with one arm? Damn!

Pretty much how it felt like.

Nasty001 said:
Maffy said:
Well, that was boring. Crappy filler episode~

Agree

Phi brain is an original anime, meaning that all of it's content is canon and nothing can be filler.
We could watch an episode where a random character do nothing but read a book/watch TV and it'll still be canon, not filler.
Jul 16, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Phi Brain from ep to ep gets more boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2012 1:35 PM
Jan 2011
I really like to give that Melancholy a good spanking for using a boy and his dog to defeat Luke.
Jul 17, 2012 5:32 PM

Feb 2012
Totally random episode, but dammit, i'm such a softie for dogs. Watching Rummy run for his life while the puzzle collapsed gave me an urge to cry.

No matter how touching the story of a child and their dog is, this was pretty pointless. Just giving Rook some air time.
Jul 18, 2012 3:13 PM

Sep 2007
Same than Vyu ... :)
Jul 18, 2012 8:58 PM

Mar 2009
PETA didn't like this episode.
Jul 19, 2012 10:30 AM

May 2009
I like the focus on Rook, ow that he has become more down-to-earth than in S1. He's becoming a much more likable guy now.

Seems that the Orpheus Order is prepared to stoop even lower than the POG, if they recruit a girl and her dog to do their dirty work for them. It was a given that the dog would eventually resist the Orpheus Ring. The love for his master was just too big for anything to overcome.

Mormegil said:
PETA didn't like this episode.

PETA doesn't like anything, other than complete whoring for attention.

NHK loved it, though. So much, that they put a bit of self-promotion in the preview.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2012 10:26 PM
May 2012
This episode that the reason why I've felt emotional watching animes I mean I surprised when Herbert Muller threw the tantrum despite he lost a game again.
Aug 6, 2012 8:37 PM

Nov 2007
worst episode yet.

a dog solving puzzles? really? how bad is this? plus some kid who looks like a boy who is really a girl.

where to they come up with this crap. the focus on Rook wasn't bad, but holy fuck worst enemies ever.
Aug 31, 2012 12:06 PM
May 2007
Just a few more episodes to go and it's quite suffering to read that the usual OP and some others still calling Rook by "Luke". And who doesn't love Rook with Bishop, a true eye-candy unlike those puzzle maniacs at school. If only Kaito gets jealous over Rook a little. I've got to see Rook playing solver this time, me is satisfied. Also Muller's rage ending each puzzle fight, that's what I will be looking forward to from now on. He's hilarious!

Lol aren't you sweet, Rook? Saying "Boku no Kaito" again in front of everyone.
Jun 8, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2012
That's just shameful... why would they even consider using a little girl and her dog! Pretty decent episode though Rook seems to be too good of a character...

More topics from this board

» why is this so unpopular?

Neostorm-X - Aug 1, 2021

4 by Veronicz »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

42 by Teleportalfuture »»
Aug 11, 2020 5:06 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

16 by removed-user »»
Mar 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jul 8, 2016 2:40 AM

» Creepy antagonists

Saber_fang - Jun 23, 2015

0 by Saber_fang »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.