Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 3:12 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Showing young Freecell when mother's funeral. Sugita-san's character asked pre-POG guy asked for challenge against Kaito because he cares about Freecell, but got refused.

He went to Kaito himself even when that proposal got refused, with exchange of telling of past story but actually wanting him disappeared. The puzzle is rotation to match the color (Inferno Tower). So it was the assistant who made him completely controlled by the bracelet.

Hikasa-san's character told OnoD's character about last time (Eve's bracelet), and even he was shocked.

During the duet, Kaito suddenly stopped as if what the enemy said is true, then he said he wants to know the past (even if he really was a bad guy who said lies about young Freecell after his mother's death), so he can say sorry to them. Only Anna felt that there's not just one truth.

Kaito saved him because all he did was to be friend with Freecell. His bracelet also got broken because he admit lost, and Freecell knew that his was replica.

What?! Freecell actually hated his mother?? And in actually, Sugita-san's character was afraid that Freecell would leave him for Kaito, and told him that he lied (actually himself did). Then he said he didn't know the relations between mother's death and Kaito's betrayal. They included him into the group.

Seems like that butler/assistant was real bad guy who's behind all those? Next ep. is Pre-POG guy himself vs. Kaito with card like puzzle?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 29, 2012 7:17 AM

Nov 2009
After almost 2 seasons I finally had an epiphany when Kaito said to Pinochle about Freecell, 'Aitsu to puzzle wo shitai n darou?' 'Puzzle' is actually an euphemism for sex in this show. Yes, this way, everything falls into place. Pinochle only confirms this a bit later when he reveals he lied to Freecell about Kaito and his reason for doing so. And Kaito in the end... iyarashiiiiiiiii~

On another note, Sugita Tomokazu is doing splendid job as Pinochle. There're times when I forget it's Gin-san speaking)

Now, I'm kind of getting tired of Kaito, so I want a Gammon episode for a change. Well, at least next time the puzzle looks more like a team battle puzzle which is also good.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 29, 2012 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Butler Smirk-a-lot is getting sneakier by the minute :P.

Pinochle must have plenty of spare glasses to go chucking them away like that XD.

So Freecell actually hates his mum? He either has some serious mother and Kaito love ;) issues to sort through or it's the Orpheus ring making him a bit more whacked in the head than usual :P.
Jul 30, 2012 8:15 AM

Jun 2010
So we're finally converting the bad guys like Pinochle into good guys. Had a feeling this would happen.

Jul 30, 2012 1:41 PM
Jan 2011
Well then, I guess Pinochle was just a sacrificial lamb, Kaito should've let him burn in hell.

So, now there were 3 left in the Orpheus Order.
Jul 30, 2012 8:19 PM

Feb 2012
Hurting someone's feelings equals someone's life.
That is the logic of Phi Brain's villains.
You must be candy-sweet to everyone or they'll come after you looking for revenge for that ice-cream cone you dropped twelve years ago.
Because it meant a lot to them.
A lot.

I also like how Kaito goes emo for about three puzzles despite being intent on winning so bad. He likes to mess with his opponents and win in the end.
Like a boss.

Lame jokes aside, Pinochle is surprisingly pathetic, but i like him more now. He's not a bad guy. Freecell, on the other hand, is still a dumb villain. And their boss' name makes me crave a Klondike Bar. Should have just gone with Solitaire.
It seems next episode they're finally getting rid of that lame Herbert-sama. Finally.
VyudaliJul 30, 2012 8:36 PM
Aug 1, 2012 5:39 PM

Mar 2009
CG said:
After almost 2 seasons I finally had an epiphany when Kaito said to Pinochle about Freecell, 'Aitsu to puzzle wo shitai n darou?' 'Puzzle' is actually an euphemism for sex in this show. Yes, this way, everything falls into place.

Yep. It makes the show infinitely more entertaining that way.
Aug 1, 2012 9:56 PM

Feb 2011
At the climax of the match, Pinocchle was waving his arms around like a mad man. No wonder you lose like that, man. D¦

Also, how was he going to tell them "everything" (which was pretty much nothing, in the end), after he lost? Would he just've yelled "youweremeanbutnotasmeanasIsaidatfirst" *burn* while falling into the furnace? That's not fair.
Well whatever.

Herbert breaks way to many things. No wonder Hoist wants to get him outta the way. Not that there ever was a point for him to be there.

Hoist is gonna be Klondike anyway. At least that's what I expect from an anime, where the final boss of the first season didn't even show up at all.
Aug 2, 2012 7:49 AM
May 2012
Whist announces that Pinnocle is dead even though he's NOT!

I really hate you, whist. Even Herbert.

Next episode:- Herbert wants revenge!
Aug 2, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
The villains this season have been really underwhelming. The Orpheus Order is okay but really not that interesting. Also, they brought Herbert back who was probably the biggest idiot from the first season (him throwing a chair at a projection screen was his crowning moment of glory). Beyond that it has been random side characters from the school... and a dog. Finally, the man behind the scenes is Mr. "What Would You Do For A" Klondike - color me unimpressed.

Anyway, mediocre episode.
Aug 2, 2012 8:56 PM
May 2012
I never thought that Herbert was a whiny bitch every time he losses.
Aug 5, 2012 3:21 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I rly don't understand how Herbert is a kind of the leader when he's so damn useless. Has he won even once EVER? The first season or this? I mean c'mon!! He's an annoying bitch that believes he's awesome when he clearly sucks too much. It hurts to see such an obvious pawn being so delusional.

And also... LE GASP! There's actually a connection to the promise and the death?! It's not anymore "She died cause you stood me up in our playdate!"? Shocking! I hope it's not something as stupid as the rest of the series ~.~
Aug 5, 2012 2:40 PM

Mar 2012
Meh I didn't like this puzzle, it was boring!
I hope the next episode will make up for this.
Aug 8, 2012 7:58 AM
May 2012
Continued:-

Oh, I mean Whist just lied to Herbert that Pinochle is dead!
Aug 10, 2012 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
So Whist and Klondike are just manipulating and stirring up trouble. Whoever the hell Klondike is. The others are just using fakes and don't realize nobody gives a damn about them. Even idiot Herbert is being used.

Oh and now Pinochle is wimpy and whiny. He didn't know shit either of course.
Sep 11, 2012 3:10 AM
Dec 2011
Every time I see Herbert breaking things it's just so much lolz. XD

This time he breaked tea sets for losing. lamp for the bad attitude against him. lol

It's almost happeneing every ep. lol

Fleecel is asshole to others. poor replica users. well ur's could also be a fake. just because that guy said so doesn't mean ur's is not. lol

fleecel also said I really hated my mother. I think this had to do with the ring thing again.
Of course he actually loved his mommy but his mind is being changed I'm like 90% sure.
Sep 13, 2012 11:42 AM
May 2007
Freecell's memory about that day must be overwritten too and I officially hate Freecell when he snickers.
Whist is cool about Muller's whines. His whines are always loud. I could watch him forever breaking things!
I'm hating on Whist I want to order him around like a boss. He better next time lies and says the one who dies is Kaito.
Jun 8, 2014 10:53 AM

May 2012
Intense episode with a nice puzzle, the ending was pretty nice as well! Let's see what's next.

More topics from this board

» why is this so unpopular?

Neostorm-X - Aug 1, 2021

4 by Veronicz »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

42 by Teleportalfuture »»
Aug 11, 2020 5:06 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

16 by removed-user »»
Mar 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jul 8, 2016 2:40 AM

» Creepy antagonists

Saber_fang - Jun 23, 2015

0 by Saber_fang »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.