Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2012 5:30 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NHK-E no longer in KeyHoleTV, so watched raw later (and no more Mottox2 explanations. which is here).

Kaito asked Freecell if that's true, and Freecell said he needs to remember that himself. They are still worried about Kaito for being able to solve puzzle.

Student council rep. taking time to analyze and the academy leader showed up. And finally analysis is out.

Gammon suggested to change to tag battle (Kaito and Gammon vs. Freecell vs. Doubt) because he knows that he will win. Gammon is wishing to follow Kaito, but if Kaito fails, he wants to show off that he's superior (Two points if won). Kaito is too sensible about Freecell to be able to solve. Freecell showing crazy side with the eye that like Luke, because of the bracelet controlling them (according to the analysis). With childhood girl's promise, he came back to normal. Then Kaito and Gammon are cooperating and won, even if they used their bracelet's power. Freecell became like Luke when he lost it.

Then showing of new character? (apparently Orpheus Order's boss?) And the talk about whether to get rid of Freecell, who lost Kaito.

Next ep. the group, including Gammon's sister and idol girl, are at the beach.
tsubasaloverJun 3, 2012 7:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 3, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2010
The beginning halve was not fair. Using mind tricks to get Kaito's mind elsewhere. SOMEONE MUST BE HORRIBLE AT PUZZLES!! But it's a good thing he got back on track.

The Orpheus rings are controlling them. I'm guessing all of them for that matter. Now the plan to get them off...

A beach episode. I didn't think Phi Brain was going to get one, but I guess it was due for one.

Jun 4, 2012 12:56 AM

Jan 2012
First half...more "my mom died because you didn't solve a puzzle with me" crap. Second half was alright, Kaito got himself together and won.

Jun 4, 2012 5:25 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
"Why am I even watching this?" was a thought I had during throughout the episode. First half just killed me watching it (first believing and breaking down that you killed someone's mom by not coming to a play-date and 2-3 epis later you ask how is that possible... SURE) . Second just made me stare like -_- So he FINALLY understood that it wasn't possible he did anything? Dunno how smart Kaito is but he's obviously lacking in other areas like common sense.

Freecell... I thought he'd be more interesting than Rook. And he was rly... but not anymore. Now he's just another psycho and he was damn scary shaking while begging for more Kaito. Anothe psycho fan joined the club officially.

I do hope the season won't be a 25 epi one ;-; But I know it'll be. Things with Anna's sister and till Kaito magically frees Freecell from his mental prison... Takes time to be cheesy and all~
Jun 4, 2012 7:10 AM

Aug 2008
Ok, so the explanation for that is because they are controlled by the orpheus ring and kept being childish.

And I never expected a beach episode in Phi brain. Maybe it's time to development some romantic feelings? XD
Jun 4, 2012 7:16 AM

May 2012
Question 1: What the hell am I watching?

Question 2: Same as question 1.

Lol seriously, I enjoyed this series in the first season, but suddenly everyone went crazy or emo >.>
Jun 4, 2012 2:29 PM

May 2009
Well, at least Orpheus armlets explain that why Freecell blames Kaito - it turned him more into nut.
Jun 4, 2012 2:47 PM

Feb 2010
I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one, but has anyone else noticed all the OO people are named after card games? Klondike and Freecell are solitaire games, Pinochle I'm unfamiliar with, though....
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jun 4, 2012 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
Ugh, the first half made me facepalm too many times and asking myself 'Why the fuck am I watching this hilarious crap?". But then again, luckily the second half was better.

Wait wut, the next episode is a beach episode? Holy fiddlesticks, I never saw this comin'. It better be a good one too...
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jun 4, 2012 4:25 PM

Dec 2011
Hell yes. The mind manipulation is now over in Kaito's head.
They finally explained it, they are driven insane by the Orpheus rings/armlets.
Glad they won this game.

I wish I can play it in real life too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2012 2:12 AM

Mar 2012
Freecell is going crazy like Rook also did when he lost to Kaito xD
Jun 5, 2012 2:24 AM

May 2010
when Freecall walking towards Kaito after being beat saying "share some puzzle time with me Hurry Hurry", couldnt help but think of mgs1 scene between Grayfox and snake XD
Jun 5, 2012 4:54 AM

Feb 2011
Aww gawd. This show just turned from "really bad" to "downright horrible".

As I thought, the "important data", that idiot Cubic (I so hate him) lost a match in a game of life and death (?) for, was not surprising at all, if the characters would just use their heads for ONCE.
This is getting way to ridiculous. It makes the first season look damn good. And I already didn't like that one at all.
Jun 5, 2012 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
This entire arc is so painfully stupid. The entire time i'm thinking: "You had a flashback and he even told you before that you made a playdate to play a puzzle with him and you're asking yourself what the promise was? Are you really agonizing over this guy blaming you for his mother's death? SERIOUSLY?"

And then he screams to the heaven's like someone's killing him- that's when i facepalm. Kaito needs to stop being an emo bastard.

The end was good, but pretty damn cheesy considering how quick he got over it. I laughed at the referee though: "Congratulations Root Academy" To me it seemed like he's congratulating them for screwing up their main guy, lol.
Jun 6, 2012 12:16 AM
May 2012
I wanted to kill myself the entire first half and a little over the half-way mark. HOW can supposed geniuses be so dumb? They had to wait for an analysis to figure out he was a crazy cunt?
The "you broke your promise and made my mother die" had to be the most illogical thing thought up. It's like the ran out of ideas and decided to bullshit the rest of the anime. >.> Really disappointed in this show. I hope it gets better.
And Kaito's reactions made me want to kill 20 babies and 2 puppies. He's such an idiot.
Jun 6, 2012 5:55 AM

Jan 2009
God dammit this show is just painful, it physically hurts watching this. Kaito is a complete tard most of the time and when he's not being completely useless he's taking all the credit for others.
Took him how long to consider that someone's mother, completely unrelated to him, completely unknown may not have in fact died because of him.
And really? They all seriously think Kaito did anything in the battle? I mean what the shit, while Kaito was being useless as hell Gammon was covering his ass and making progress.
This show is just really starting to shit me to tears.

Ahoy!
Jun 6, 2012 11:49 AM
Jan 2011
Oh boy don't tell me that Freecell is having some yaoi tendency with Kaito.
Jun 6, 2012 7:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Orpheus band = Emo rings
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 6, 2012 8:32 PM
May 2012
Team Kaito finally wins! It's time to move on to the new story (Beach episode!)...
Jun 6, 2012 9:12 PM
Jan 2012
Good that Kaito's head is finally in the clear.

Hope the beach episode is alright. I usually dread beach episodes. =__=
Jun 9, 2012 5:49 AM
Jan 2011
im watching this for Elena Himekawa and the remains of my hope that Galileo will abandon ship Kaito and go have puzzle date instead
Jun 11, 2012 5:09 AM
May 2007
Aniki1990 said:
I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one, but has anyone else noticed all the OO people are named after card games? Klondike and Freecell are solitaire games, Pinochle I'm unfamiliar with, though....

Yes actually that can be applied to most of the character names in Phi Brain, names origins are based on puzzles/maths/brain games. I'm trying to populate a list of the names with their origins. An example is "Rook": Castle, a piece in the board game of chess. Rook's favorite game is chess, that was clearly noticeable from the 1st season. And seriously MAL his name is not Luke, it's Rook.
Jun 26, 2012 3:27 PM
Nov 2008
sspit said:
im watching this for Elena Himekawa and the remains of my hope that Galileo will abandon ship Kaito and go have puzzle date instead
sspit said:
Same LOL the only still interesting characters here are Elena and Gyamon >.<

Yey,beach episode :X Cliche or not....maybe it won't be as annoyingly stupid as the previous episodes...
Jun 26, 2012 3:27 PM
Nov 2008
sspit said:
sspit said:
Same LOL the only still interesting characters here are Elena and Gyamon >.<

Yey,beach episode :X Cliche or not....maybe it won't be as annoyingly stupid as the previous episodes...
Jul 18, 2012 1:14 AM
May 2007
I bet in this show the brains function well only when it comes down to puzzles. Seriously I facepalmed over the so called important data analysis results. Their past experience with Rook, was that all in vain? I'm alright with Kaito continues to suffer because I ENJOY it, but I expect to facepalm the moment he remembers the promise.

Somebody please make Kaito amnesiac for good like RIGHT NOW. And kill that Freecell's hysterical laugh with fire!!
Oct 9, 2012 10:41 PM

May 2010
LOL @ the comments on the last page! I can understand finishing a show you don't like actually, but seeing "why am I watching this?" in the discussion posts for the freaking *sequel* is just pathetic. If you didn't like a show, then why would you watch its sequel?!

What's even sadder is that some people, after what, 35 episodes(?), don't realize that this show was not meant to be taken entirely seriously. It should have been apparent from the first episode ("Isn't it obvious? It's PUZZLE TIME!" - cue salsa music), but whatever.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 2, 2012 9:51 PM

Oct 2008
This season is essentially the first season, which I realized early on. The writers seriously just changed Rook's name, hair, and backstory, and now they're selling the finished product as if it is new.

Nov 2, 2012 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
I'd also like to point out that the upcoming beach episode is guaranteed to be a thousand times better than what I just watched, and I hate beach episodes.

Yes. Double posting. Worth it when a plot is lacking in everything that makes a story good.

Nov 16, 2012 4:45 PM

Nov 2011

I smell a yandere here. Other than that, nice win Kaito and Gammon.
Jun 7, 2014 7:06 PM

May 2012
So they won he? Finally over with this stupid puzzle (I hope)? Let's see what's next though.

More topics from this board

» why is this so unpopular?

Neostorm-X - Aug 1, 2021

4 by Veronicz »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

42 by Teleportalfuture »»
Aug 11, 2020 5:06 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

16 by removed-user »»
Mar 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jul 8, 2016 2:40 AM

» Creepy antagonists

Saber_fang - Jun 23, 2015

0 by Saber_fang »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.