Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2010 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so this pretty much tells how they got "recruits" for the project - they kidnapped them, and replaced them with clones that soon died off

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJan 21, 2017 3:20 PM
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 20, 2010 10:43 PM

Mar 2008
(sorry I didn't number these I don't know how the forum is working it's episode counter now with the different order between the video release and the XBox release)

So Homecoming is directed by Koji Sawai, scripted by Hiroyuki Kawasaki and produced by Bee Train (support from Production I.G) is probably my favorite segment yet. After the disappointment of The Duel and that storybook they called an episode (Origins) my hope was withering for these stories to pick it up.

Frankly the dark turn of events was really not something I was predicting for anything Halo ever. I'm glad they kept such strong contrast in the color pallet by not going dark just because it's a dark story like probably most other studios would have done.

The bear might have been cliche but you know, it really worked and it was a very melancholic touch. The music was great having a bit of a retro feel but still not too retro. People at Bee Train to me have always been masters of using music to it's full potential and this was no exception either. The ending bit with Master Chief was really just the best, while I didn't burst into tears like I have on some other sadder anime series I still felt moved by the story.

The animation quality is also extremely well done in this as well the character designs and art pallet are quiet beautiful.

Moving off the episode and into special features, it was kind of interesting to hear the background of the story and why they chose it. Apparently the story was going to be even darker which I do kind of wish they took the darker route. But I was really disappointed not a lot of making of bits it was mostly story background about the Spartans and stuff while that is kind of interesting doesn't make much difference to a non-Halo Player like me. Oh and if you have kept reading and you are wondering why I'm talking a bit about the Behind the Scenes stuff it's just because I'm a nerd about this stuff :D

ShadowBlazer3000Feb 23, 2010 9:08 AM
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jul 12, 2010 10:31 PM

Jun 2010
I'v never played Halo, but I know just enough about the backstory to understand this episode.

I'm not really sure what they were going for here. To me, this was a viciously dark story of slavery and degradation. Daisy had her life taken away and was turned into a machine, fighting to preserve the people who had done this to her. Was this whole bear thing supposed to make things better? Being called "strong"? Or was this about a tiny point of light in a great darkness?

I rather don't feel particularly strong about wanting humanity to survive its alien war after this episode.

Makes me curious as to how the Master Chief seems to have a pretty good relantionship with the monsterous doctor who all but stripped him of his humanity, as seen in "The Package".
Jul 12, 2010 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
There is a lot more to this Spartan Program probably more than I can adequately explain. The basics are children are taken and to be come Spartans and they are replaced as Flash Clones. These clones of course have very short life spans.

This story was inspired by a Novel called "The Fall of Reach." The making of segment they talk mostly of the story and the material in the episode (annoyingly more so than they do about producing the actual episode)
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Oct 21, 2010 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, I loved the jokes and action in this one ^_^
May 28, 2011 7:14 AM

Aug 2010
Thos clones won't be growing up happy.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 25, 2011 5:00 AM

Jan 2011
awww this made me cry a little at the end
poor Daisy :(
anyway best episode so far
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
Mar 10, 2012 9:48 AM
Jan 2011
superb ep

doesnt this remind you some old anime? becaus it does to me but i cant figure it out
feel free to PM me if you know
Jan 14, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode, I hope she would've survived though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 16, 2020 9:49 PM

Dec 2015
Well, I'm kinda curious how did parents not notice something's wrong with their children, given that by the reaction (or rather by the absolute lack of reaction) of Daisy's clone to her lookalike threatening her with gun, it seems that outside of being sick those clones were also not right in the head ;p

Overall I fully agree with Fronzel - how the hell am I supposed to care about people who do something so awful? Especially when I don't have any explanation as to why all of it was essential and they couldn't for example make Spartanians out of adult volunteers.
And even if they really had to use children, it doesn't make any sense how did they get those children. Kidnapping kids of some seemingly wealthy people and putting clones in their places, really? Why not some abandoned children? Or, damn, they have a war going on, they gotta have a lot of war orphans - why not them? Are higher ups in their army total idiots, or just really love overcomplicating everything?

Honestly, it's the weakest episode so far. Drama just for the sake of drama, not making any sense and painting people that I was probably supposed to root for as both evil and stupid.
Feb 22, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
The Babysitter

as expected the Spartan that keeps saving his ass is a Woman

RIP Hot Sexy Spartan

at least they assassinated the Prophet

the 2D animation on this one is good too
Jun 25, 2022 2:32 PM

Dec 2015
ODSTs generally don't like Spartans, but I guess these guys learned to respect a Spartan the hard way.
Oct 9, 2023 3:54 PM

Dec 2022
Episode is called The Babysitter this time. Has a focus on the rivalry between ODSTs and Spartans, though the animosity seems to be one-sided from the ODSTs for the most part.

That's the second pretty spartan chick in this anime now, and the second one to die too. ;_;

The assassination squad managed to get out of there without too much hassle. Could've been a problem if the covenant stationed there sent out a hunting party after the prophet was shot.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 2" Discussion

zvuc - Nov 21, 2009

33 by i_gkz »»
Sep 13, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Feb 4, 2010

15 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 6 Discussion

adamh89 - Jan 18, 2010

14 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 5 Discussion

TVV - Jan 9, 2010

12 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 4 Discussion

DarkIceXIII - Dec 18, 2009

11 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.