Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2007 6:06 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty good episode. That rescue was exciting. Loved the teamwork there. For a second, I thought we were watching Seed with that little mind bit lol. Anyways, looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 5, 2007 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode! I enjoyed it as much or more than last week's although the story was completely different. It's a good sign that both the political/war focused episodes and character-oriented dramatic episodes are equally well done. I'm also glad that they finally slowed things down a bit and didn't try to fit all 1353 characters into this one.

5 out of 5.
Nov 5, 2007 10:16 PM

Sep 2007
Pretty good episode. I liked how they showed a different side to Celestial Being, at least in terms of that pilot (was his name Allelujah? Still can't quite distinguish between characters).
Nov 5, 2007 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
Iriya said:
Pretty good episode. I liked how they showed a different side to Celestial Being, at least in terms of that pilot (was his name Allelujah? Still can't quite distinguish between characters).

Yep, it's Allelujah Haptism. I'm glad he was the focus because he was the only Gundam pilot I got interested in so far (ridiculous name aside). Lockon is okay too, I guess. And yeah, it has been hard to keep with all the characters, especially all the females they've introduced. I had trouble remembering who was allied with who and such. That's why I loved this episode so much. No need to show 1 minute scenes with random new character.

Let's hope they keep up this trend for a while.
Nov 5, 2007 11:43 PM

Oct 2007
A gundam that can shot things from space!? awesome
Nov 6, 2007 12:48 AM

Jun 2007
I really loved the ep all the way up to the part where they ripped off newtypes and their unique ability to sense others with similar ability's. I was getting into this Gundam series because it was something fresh and different from the past series but if they start adding in regurgitated stuff like this, my opinion about the show is gonna become negative real fast. A Gundam fan can only take so much of the same reused stuff over and over again.
I can only hope this wont become a regular thing where the two of them "sense each other", start talking in their heads, and then start fighting (of course it will happen though..).
Nov 6, 2007 1:03 AM

Oct 2007
i cant express how much this episode rocked. Dynames is becoming one of my fav gundams. But Kyrios thruster output is out of this world. I also like how this episode showed them in a different light. Why cant there be more shows like this right now :(
Nov 6, 2007 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
It was an ok episode i guess...

Omiane said:
I also like how this episode showed them in a different light.

that is something good i guess... nothing special going on though
Nov 6, 2007 9:39 AM

Aug 2007
pretty good episode.
but damn... that is some pretty accurate sniping..
Nov 6, 2007 10:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
bakaidiot said:
pretty good episode.
Yeah, especially with the power behind it. If you don't hit your target, you'll blow up everything else. I also enjoyed this episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 6, 2007 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
I liked the episode a lot. It seems Allelujah has some sort of newtype telepathy and is haunted by the memories of some people that have died in the past. Its beginning to grow into a classic gundam series which is fine by me
Nov 6, 2007 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
Colonel Sergei reminds me of Virgil from the Xenosaga series; scare on face + distance from human enhancement type projects (newtype/realian). Anyway.

I do have to say, if they use the same bgm layout for almost every episode it will be horrible (for instance the vocal song at the end of 4 and 5, I mean, it's already the ED...) And I didn't like how Setsuna 'cut' through the clouds... that was lame. But other than that, pretty cool episode.
Nov 6, 2007 10:19 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Was it just me, or does Allelujah have a split personality, (named Hallelujah?)? Was nice to get a little character background, even if it was confusing. Louise is kind of annoying, but amusing all at the same time.

Looking forward to more!
Nov 7, 2007 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
Was it just me, or does Allelujah have a split personality, (named Hallelujah?)? Was nice to get a little character background, even if it was confusing. Louise is kind of annoying, but amusing all at the same time.

Looking forward to more!

Correct, Allelujah is the peaceful one, Hallelujah is the murderous one. He's most likely from the HRL's supersoldier program, the one that Soma is from.
Nov 7, 2007 3:50 PM

Jul 2007
aww i loved this episode!
Nov 7, 2007 4:39 PM

Mar 2007
Nice refreshing episode with good character development, good stuff, this series is turning out pretty good

Dibs on Ishida!
Nov 7, 2007 5:24 PM

Nov 2004
Dynames is awesome! Hahaha, it can snipe from Earth. That's insane. And yes, actually character development of some sort from the main characters! Now we know they are not all these indifferent stone faced individuals (well I assume Allelujah and Lockon probably have more humanity in them, it's just Setsuna and Tieria who are all poker faced 24/7). I guess these little slip-ups (people hearing the voice of Gundam pilots) will eventually lead to people being able to know who they really are or something.

Liking series a bit more now.
Nov 7, 2007 5:37 PM

Oct 2007
I liked this episode.....pretty cool IMO! There is a little bit of mystery going on as for the voices in the heads and such. The only Gundam series I've seen is G Gundam, so the references I see others refer too are insignificant to me. I'm enjoying this series!
Nov 8, 2007 4:47 AM
Aug 2007
This is a good episode! i rated it 5/5 so nice!!

i think that the lieutenant girl (i forgot her name.. the one who went like crazy like Allelujah) is related to him and he is also a "Enhanced Soldier" thats why that incident happened on both of them... anyways this is really great im liking Allelujah Haptism and Lockon Stratos! they are so cool no like the two emo boys! Lol!
Nov 8, 2007 7:55 PM

May 2007
Sniping from Earth is crazy! My jaw just dropped when I saw that.

Allellujah seems to have a split personality.
Nov 9, 2007 11:52 AM
Jun 2007
Finally, we saw something from Celestial Being other than them being tools of the organization.

Fuzzims said:
A gundam that can shot things from space!? awesome

bakaidiot said:
pretty good episode.

Psh, they ripped off the Positron Rifle from Evangelion. >_>
Nov 9, 2007 4:06 PM

Jun 2007
I don't see how they can rip off a sniper rifle for their giant human-like robots that use rifles, swords & shields... I think basically if a soldier can use it then their mecha have a bigger more epic version of it. The whole charge up before you fire thing isn't anything unique to Evangelion either.

Jan 1, 2008 11:08 PM

May 2007
wander said:
Colonel Sergei reminds me of Virgil from the Xenosaga series; scare on face + distance from human enhancement type projects (newtype/realian). Anyway.

I do have to say, if they use the same bgm layout for almost every episode it will be horrible (for instance the vocal song at the end of 4 and 5, I mean, it's already the ED...) And I didn't like how Setsuna 'cut' through the clouds... that was lame. But other than that, pretty cool episode.

i laughed out loud at the cutting the clouds scene. That was just so silly and stupid.

Avarice said:
Psh, they ripped off the Positron Rifle from Evangelion. >_>

gundam has had sniper mechs since before eva came out.
Jun 6, 2008 2:34 AM

May 2008
Weird I wonder what the relationship is between that super soldier girl and Allellujah is.
Aug 11, 2008 4:26 PM

Dec 2007
^ that

Plus lockon's weapon pretty much owns
Sep 29, 2008 1:44 PM

Feb 2008
Much better than most of the other episodes so far. Pretty exciting.
Jan 4, 2009 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
I also thought this was an encouraging episode. I was beginning to think the mecha were being piloted by mecha, but finally we get some more much needed characterisation!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Apr 19, 2009 12:10 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was really good. So does Allejuah have some kind of split personality or something?
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
May 2, 2009 7:52 PM

Mar 2009
Wow! Very pleasantly surprised by this episode. Finally we get something that actually focuses on the characters instead of the politics! With that being said though it was still completely one-sided in that respect, but it's a nice change of pace nonetheless.

Now from the last preview I thought that this ep. would be completely about Allejuah but a lot of it actually focused on a whole slew of characters. Here we find out more about who Louise really is a stuck up rich girl, which annoys me a little bit. And then there's the super soldier. Here we learn how from birth she was brought up to be a soldier. The Colonel clearly has a hard time dealing with this too, I wonder if he'll ever confront her about it.

But of course the real fun started with those mysterious headaches that both Allejuah and the super soldier got. this is very interesting cause it raises a good number of questions. First of all what actually caused the headache? Then why did those two get it and no one else? Does this only happen to super-soldiers? Now if that's the case it must mean that Allejuah is one too. It would also mean that this whole super-soldier program isn't perfect by any means. Then there's the whole question about Allelujah and this split personality thing. There seems to be something traumatic he experienced in his past that motivated him to save those people. The bad thing about all this is that I think we are getting too many questions now and no answers.

In the end Celestial Being had to help with the operation even though the others disagreed. I certainly wonder if this will cause conflict in their own organization.

Well a lot of interesting developments here and even more questions. All in all I think this may have been the best episode so far. It looks like there'll be a new character introduced in the next episode too!

4/5

Aug 7, 2009 1:54 AM
Jul 2008
That was a pretty good turn for the better when my man with the ill name, Lockon Stratos helps out. Good ep.
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Feb 6, 2010 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
Someone with a split personality. I like that. And there seems to be more to these people than meets the eye.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
Aug 5, 2010 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
Loving the crazy split personality. Epic episode. I knew I was gonna love this series!
Aug 21, 2010 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
that's allelujah. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Nov 27, 2010 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
That sniping scene was just epic. Sniping a target that small from that far away, through the distortions of the Earth's atmosphere... Well, suffice it to say that whatever genius designed that Gundam's targeting program deserves to be a millionare.

Also, cloud-chopping! I'm pretty sure that would be impossible in real life, but it was awesome nonetheless.
Jan 2, 2011 12:10 AM

Jul 2010
Lockon and Allelujah are probably my favourite characters so far. Awesome snipes!!

Louise should have died. She's so annoying! D:
Apr 18, 2011 10:17 PM

Sep 2009
I REALLY like the ending song.
So enjoyable.

This episode itself was probably the best yet.
Teamwork, amazing mecha action, and made me really like the scar faced bad guy.
Aug 6, 2011 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
I really dislike that blonde girl, that boy risks his life to save her stupid ass and all she can say is that he's stupid and supposed to safe her >.< Don't stand so close on the edge stupid...

Nice episode, seems like (H)Allelujah has a split personality? Lockon was awesome with the sniper thing and wow Setsuna can even slay clouds ^^
Nov 18, 2011 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
Didn't really liked this ep. The whole series so far is not that good, but this episode was too silly and too predictable. Don't need to watch the whole ep to know what will happen next. And of course Louise didn't said to Caeli that she loves him.
Also Soma Peries looks kind of horrible. Her heirstyle reminds me some gills. Aaa kimochi warui.
Dec 9, 2011 1:09 PM
Nov 2011
Yeah, The early parts of Louise Halivey are rather annoying at times, but only surpassed by Saji Crossroad being so Thick! Good Lord get a clue man.

But Lock On Stratos!!! Dynames High Orbital Cannon for the win! Lock On is the man! ;)
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jul 30, 2012 9:48 PM

Dec 2008
Nice rescue episode.
Nov 27, 2012 7:50 AM

Oct 2009
Jawaese said:
Louise should have died. She's so annoying! D:

Why, and I think Louise is pretty much funny and lively girl. Why so much hatred...

Animefanx3 said:
I really dislike that blonde girl, that boy risks his life to save her stupid ass and all she can say is that he's stupid and supposed to safe her >.<

Well wasn't she right? Or otherwise what is the point in him trying to safe her and them dying both?

Animefanx3 said:
Don't stand so close on the edge stupid...

Yeah. Better, don't fly to space. Well, it will be the best if you sit at home and never come out at all, it would be safest.

Veretax said:
but only surpassed by Saji Crossroad being so Thick! Good Lord get a clue man.

Yeah, btw. "And don't you dare do anything strange to Louise" - "It will be fine, Sis. Saji wouldn't dare try." So, knowing that, what other options does Louise have aside from being forceful and meanie?

CG-LOVER said:
But of course the real fun started with those mysterious headaches that both Allejuah and the super soldier got. this is very interesting cause it raises a good number of questions.

It's not that mysterious and interesting 'cause we have seen it a lot of times in different series: UC, AW, CE and now AD... So, as already being said, we know where it leads to

Hethran said:
Also, cloud-chopping! I'm pretty sure that would be impossible in real life, but it was awesome nonetheless.

I think it would not only be impossible, but meaningless as well. Lockon explained the reason as "clouds blocking my line of view", which is pretty much nonsense, 'cause what, was he aiming by eye lol?

Sabinlerose said:
Teamwork, amazing mecha action, and made me really like the scar faced bad guy.

Well he's not bad guy... It's Gundam Meisters who bad guys are

Allelujah's hairstyle reminds me of Trowa by some reason
And what is Veda? Computer?
SerhiykoNov 27, 2012 3:36 PM
Sep 14, 2013 9:15 AM
Oct 2009
white haired chick is unstable. what was transmittin in her and our pilot's mind? I hope they weren't just interfering with each other or somethin, though it's possible. anyway she is f*cked up, I hope they dispose of her
Oct 20, 2013 5:41 AM

Jul 2011
Considering how I'm watching this series after I've watched a tonne of Gundam 00 Seiyuu event, I can say that I've come into this show with quite a lot of background knowledge and a Lockon bias. So when he sniped that shot while still lying on the ground, I was literally squealing like the fangirl I am.

I can't agree with everyone's complaints about reused material though, since this is my first (and probs only) Gundam show :P

Anyway, 5/5 from me, what with Allelujah and Lockon's badassness in this ep :)
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Jan 8, 2014 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome teamwork!
So far my favorite gundam series :)
Feb 5, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2012
"Nice support!" hahaha

that's some crazy marksmanship right there, jesus!! thats one hell of a laser rifle too O_o
chibi-chaosFeb 5, 2014 5:25 PM
Apr 9, 2014 5:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved this ep. Great teamwork by the GandamuMaisatarus and I really like HL Colonel. He seems like a honorable and worthy opponent. He's going to have to babysit the white haired bimbo for a while though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
Celestial Being cannot fail. Once they got involved, they had to succeed in that rescue.
Aug 2, 2014 6:03 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, this was an exciting episode; I was on the edge of my seat during the rescue.

The pilots so far are all pretty cool, and Allelujah's rescue really improved my opinion of him; I also have a feeling that guy from the Human Reform League will be more sympathetic towards Celestial Being at this point.

Also, the violet haired trap (Tieria?) and his "we follow things by the rulebook" attitude at the end really rustles my feathers

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 14, 2016 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
So we do have Newtypes after all...or Coordinators, or whatever their name is in this version.
Apr 7, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the rescue portion was very exciting and was a nice change.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.