Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 30, 2010 4:19 AM

Feb 2008
This was probably the best anime episode of xxxHolic I've seen. Simply excellent.

I kind of wished that they wouldn't even hint at Yuuko returning, I was liking the idea of Watanuki being in charge.
Jul 4, 2010 4:56 PM

Feb 2010
emashu said:
Well, that savage girl is possesed by this spirit called Zuwhatever
and this Zuwhatever spirit talks to the camera and asks Watanuki to assist her in taking over completely, and she states "The compensation will be repaid through this girl's mouth"
So when Watanuki helps the girl, she takes the camera and pays the "compensation" she stated earlier
Now I'm unsure about this but
Either she used Yuuko's voice
Or she had Yuuko herself say it through that girl
Or Yuuko returned.

Now it makes sense!
I got tearied when Yuuko's voice said, "I'm home, watanuki" "welcome back....yuuko."..... ;( =]

It feels like Doumeki and Watanuki are married =P
Jul 5, 2010 7:23 PM
Jul 2010
awesome ova, just great but i had a lot of doubts xD
At least i undersootd more than the other 2 ovas of shunmuki

9/10

Will they make a new episode of rou?
Jul 7, 2010 8:38 AM

Feb 2009
jekk said:

Sure does! xd The age and even height difference between them felt kind of weird, but psychically they are both adults. I think that they're much closer now.
Jul 8, 2010 4:33 AM

Jul 2009
xxxHolic always generates a great atmosphere and this OVA was no different. I love how it switches from comedy with Mokona and Watanuki to the creep supernatural. 4.5/5
Jul 9, 2010 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
jekk said:

Couldn't agree more^^ Watanuki gave me a nosebleed when Doumeki opened the door and saw him laying there XD Why do you hate clamp about Himawari? I'm happy for her^^ They had to get rid of her somehow for them to be like a married couple XD But if they find Doumeki a girlfriend or something, I will hate them forever >:(

By the way, Watanuki's seriousness is cool but he's sad. You can feel it all over when you watch this ova. If Yuuko says she's back, I hope he can leave the shop and carry on with his life ^^
Yankami_SenpaiNov 26, 2015 12:39 AM
Jul 10, 2010 9:53 AM
Mar 2010
I thought this was amazing as is all xxxholic anime.
I did get slightly confused at moments, especially what the wish that watanuki granted was. However, i think it was because the subs on the one i watched weren't great and a lot of the sentences didn't make sense. Guess that just means i'll have tor re-watch when proper subs come out XD

Still i hope Yuuko is back, i think she has to the best Clamp character ever ...
Jul 10, 2010 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
emashu said:
unclesnapple said:
emashu said:

Or Yuuko returned.

So basically nobody knows.

Super. Thanks for nothing, CLAMP.

XD
Just believe whichever choice is most comfortable for you or most reasonable.
Mine would be that Yuuko's actually back, because otherwise she wouldn't say "I'm back", instead she would say "Hi Watanuki" or something of that manner :o

Agreed, and the fact that Yuuko might show up on Watanukis birthday makes a lot more sense. As for Himawari she mentioned that she would forever be indebted to Watanuki and that could possibly mean that he has removed her curse, making her able to marry somebody without any disastrous results.
Jul 11, 2010 9:01 AM
Jul 2010
PR0DIGY09 said:
emashu said:
unclesnapple said:
emashu said:

Or Yuuko returned.

So basically nobody knows.

Super. Thanks for nothing, CLAMP.

XD
Just believe whichever choice is most comfortable for you or most reasonable.
Mine would be that Yuuko's actually back, because otherwise she wouldn't say "I'm back", instead she would say "Hi Watanuki" or something of that manner :o

Agreed, and the fact that Yuuko might show up on Watanukis birthday makes a lot more sense. As for Himawari she mentioned that she would forever be indebted to Watanuki and that could possibly mean that he has removed her curse, making her able to marry somebody without any disastrous results.

I didnt undertand the part when doumeki got an egg, wtf? is it another pet like the bird that watanuki gave himawari??
Jul 18, 2010 1:00 PM

Dec 2008
muskee said:
I didnt undertand the part when doumeki got an egg, wtf? is it another pet like the bird that watanuki gave himawari??

In the previous episodes, Yuko gave Doumeki an egg, stating that when the time was right, he ought to use it for Watanuki's sake. We are still unaware of the contents inside of the egg. However, since Yuko demonstrated its utmost importance, Doumeki hangs on to it for safe keeping until necessary. I suggest watching the previous OVAs/seasons in order to understand the egg's purpose.

Fureon said:
I like how the beginning is a downer and the ending is really uplifting.

I second this.

Did anyone else get slight, very subtle chills after hearing Yuko's voice in the final few minutes of the OVA? I hope this truly is not "the end".
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Jul 19, 2010 8:24 PM
Jul 2010
SilentMuse said:
muskee said:

In the previous episodes, Yuko gave Doumeki an egg, stating that when the time was right, he ought to use it for Watanuki's sake. We are still unaware of the contents inside of the egg. However, since Yuko demonstrated its utmost importance, Doumeki hangs on to it for safe keeping until necessary. I suggest watching the previous OVAs/seasons in order to understand the egg's purpose.

Fureon said:
I like how the beginning is a downer and the ending is really uplifting.

I second this.

Did anyone else get slight, very subtle chills after hearing Yuko's voice in the final few minutes of the OVA? I hope this truly is not "the end".

I did watch the previous ovas and season but didnt see the egg?
thanks for the response

ther better make another episode >_>
Jul 21, 2010 7:17 PM

May 2010
Weird episode, I'm going to have to watch Tsubasa and read the manga to both Holic and Tsubasa to understand this ._.

It was an interesting episode...just a confusing one.
Aug 4, 2010 4:06 AM

Oct 2008
this ova took a while to get thru to my head...but in the end , it was awesome...
yuuko's demise was emotional , i didnt want her to go away like that
wat the hell is watanuki doing with 2 girls in his bed.. .ahahah
the daughter girl was creepy , especially wen she attacks the professor . the professor's reaction is EPIC LOL....
himawari got married...WTF...
looks like mugetsu has found himself a date (hahahahhah)
YUUKO IS BACK.........YIPPEEEEEEE
Aug 11, 2010 1:27 AM

Apr 2010
Like the ending but it makes me crave for more. I want to know what happen after. Hoping for a new season probably.
Aug 30, 2010 6:31 PM

May 2009
so... next episode comes out next year... i just hope it doesnt mean the manga will end along with that OVA >w>
Sep 25, 2010 12:50 PM
Sep 2009
Ouff... Very sad OVA, i'm so sorry for Watanuki. He really has been only waiting for any piece of news from Yuko for these 10 years. He has changed so much. Though you can see some old habits still living in him it's definetely ahother person, all his past is captured in memories, he wants to return to the past times, but he knows that things got way different from they had used to be and there's no way back. He had the only hope. I wish Watanuki will come to laugh one day. Waiting for part2.
lotrus28Nov 3, 2010 12:19 PM
Oct 1, 2010 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
I saw in some previous post that the next episode will be coming out next year??? That's waay too looong! T_T
They have fused some essential parts of the manga into one episode, but I think it's still comprehensible. but I don't remember that there's was such an arc in the original manga?
Oct 6, 2010 4:59 AM
Sep 2009
Silk_rain said:
I saw in some previous post that the next episode will be coming out next year??? That's waay too looong! T_T
They have fused some essential parts of the manga into one episode, but I think it's still comprehensible. but I don't remember that there's was such an arc in the original manga?

Does manga give any answers to those changes, that happened in previous 10 years, i wonder.
Oct 14, 2010 6:24 PM

Dec 2009
Does manga give any answers to those changes, that happened in previous 10 years, i wonder.

in the manga its four years that went by.
Oct 15, 2010 12:26 PM

Dec 2007
Oh maaaaaan! Now that I've seen it I feel like watching all previous seasons again T.T It reminded me how much I like xxxHolic and Watanuki and the pipe-fox :]

Well...I liked the ep, but I'm not hiding that I was a little disappointed...because of the poor story...I didn't like the constant presence of Doumeki, and that everything was played in the shop. And the reappearence of Yuuko so soon...
That means the second ep will revolve around her. I do like her, but it would be much more interesting and better if she appeared in the end of the second episode ;p

Buuuuuut...

I did love what happened to Watanuki. It really suits him and is making him even more cool and sexy and adorable ^^ :3_
Oct 26, 2010 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
Himawari being married=biggest wtf moment
Nov 12, 2010 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
That was one of the saddest things I've watched, I think.

Watanuki ;___;
Nov 20, 2010 4:20 PM

Jul 2009
So sad, but so awesome *__*

This was beautifully done! I wish I had some better subs, but I got most of what they were saying. Poor Watanuki ;__;
Dec 10, 2010 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
It's kind of sad, but I think I enjoyed this more than any of the manga for the past year or two. It had a nice, semi-creepy atmosphere and the plot actually went somewhere for once. Can't wait till the next one!
Dec 13, 2010 11:11 AM

Jul 2010
I totally loved this OVA, Watanuki was so cool ^^ And wow there was even a "fanservice" shot of him :P

I didn't got everything but still it was realy good, I hope Watanuki will stay in charge of the shop :) I liked it that he was more nature now but he was still a bit childish like with the tea ^^

Can't wait for the next ova :D
Dec 19, 2010 1:51 AM

Jul 2007
chibidee said:

in the manga its four years that went by.

currently it already does.

Manga is already past the timeline point in which this OVA happened and Yuuko is NOT back yet.

Thus one can rightfully assume that it was just a voice that spirit did as payment, which makes the ending go from uplifting to bittersweet.
Feb 8, 2011 4:53 AM
Feb 2011
Ive gor mixed feelings for it. Im a huge xxxHOLiC manga fan and I've read the whole manga (except the last chapter of course) but I never liked any of the animated versions of HOLiC that much...Rou was alright, nothing special but not bad. Im looking forward to the Ada yume OAD that comes out in march! Hopefully it's a little bit more entertaining :)
DramaticDreamerFeb 8, 2011 5:00 AM
Mar 26, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Did anybody else freak out in joy when they heard Yuuko's voice? I did :)

Overall, this episode was good.
Apr 1, 2011 4:51 AM

Nov 2007
weew. i agree. the first scene was really sad. but that's what is supposed to happen.. ;( anyway, the new watanuki. (hot,sexy.cool type) is great!! :))
its good that him and doumeki are still the same, love their friendship. aha. mokona is still the same and maru and moro are so sweet.. :) kohane~chan became a really beautiful chracter here..didn't expect himawari to be married.. i wonder, who her husband is.. maybe he's like doumeki, unaffected to her curse.. good ending for her..
the request this time is good, same as before.
the ending was GREAT! it made my cry. really.
the scene where yuuko said, "Im home, Watanuki." and watanuki played that over and over again and in the last scene., he replaied, "Welcome Back, yuuko~san" ... waaaaaaaaaaaaa! and the ending song made it worse. LOL.
Really XXXHOLIC never fail to amaze me.. :)
Apr 30, 2011 7:35 AM

Apr 2011
Err I don't read the manga but... what happened to Watanuki x Himawari T^T, ughh poor Watanuki I wonder what happened between them and one more thing didn't Himawari have the badluck thingy?? O_O Oh well although its pretty good, this episode raised a lot of question right from the start :(
May 7, 2011 9:52 PM

Jun 2010
This really interested me. To be honest, I was really sad that Yuko died. Watanuki didn't seem as lively, but boy was he a pimp in bed XD
He had Maru and Moro sleep with him :D
(I think he slept with them earlier in the series, but he got a kiss on the cheek from each of them in ep 1 and 2.)
EPIC.
Loved the OVA, it kept me interested until the end. The animation improved ever since Shunmuki, too.
I like how Watanuki changed, but he is still stubborn, keeping his childish side concealed a little, but you can just tell it's in there. I must say I'll miss the old moronic clutz. But I like Watankuki's character either way. The last farewell to the series I give out; Keep on pimpin' Watanuki.
SurfaceoftheMoonMay 7, 2011 10:03 PM
"If you can't Inspire the World with Intellengence,
Baffle them with your Bullshit."
May 21, 2011 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
Awww Yuko!
It was great for me to see Doumeki and Kohane again.
And omg with Watanuki! I got a totaly different feeling for him :D
I want more explanation and everything of course.
Loved the end. <3
I wanna see Himawari!!
May 24, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
lol himiwari married sounds like 100% bs
Jul 16, 2011 3:06 PM
Aug 2010
I was disturbed when watanuki woke up with maru and moro O.o

i didn´t understand very well what happened on this ova but i guess that it wasn´t my fault xD
Dec 12, 2011 1:53 PM
Jan 2010
Watanuki must have cured Himawari somehow. Her name changed. Kohane is marrying Doumeki. He is waiting for Yuko. She said right that she is already beyond her time, she also hints a lot, like Himawari is not his lady luck and when speaking with Mokona she says something about his destiny and someone travelling to some place. I think it has something to do with some girl he has to reach in a dream and there is a princess. In reality that prince is Watanuki and hime sama is Yuko :)
Feb 21, 2012 11:41 AM

Feb 2011
I dident get all this but it looks like yuuko-san is back?

And Watanuki and maru and moro was so cute when they where in bed<3
May 1, 2012 11:21 AM
Feb 2012
So, to fully understand Shunmuki and this OVA, I have to:

- Watch 52 episodes of Tsubasa Chronicle, which has a bad score

- Read Tsubasa Chronicle manga

- Read xxxHOLiC manga

REALLY?
May 6, 2012 6:06 PM
May 2012
I wish there was a way that i could watch it.I even though about buying it,but can't seem to find it anywhere.can anyone help me?
Aug 24, 2012 2:03 PM

May 2010
Ten years later Watanuki became a pedophile lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 24, 2012 3:29 AM

May 2012
Wow damn this is what I was looking for with this Anime, I wasn't expecting to much after the first two season where okey but nothing to overwhelming but this is really great! I could easily watch 12 episodes of this if they keep up with the same quality of story development! Really awesome first episode the beginning and ending where brilliant! Lets see what the next episode gives us!

9/10
Oct 24, 2012 3:30 AM

Apr 2012
Well, for me, out of all the XXXholic titles Rou was the worst for me.
Dies Irae! :)
May 12, 2013 4:09 PM
Aug 2012
it was gd even though nothin actually happens its only talking over poor camera shots >.< himawari cant be married the guy wld die before he makes it to the alter.
Sep 1, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2008

(Source: otakuconfessions.tumblr.com)

^exactly this

Also:
- scene with Watanuki, Maru and Moro in bad was cute
- Himawari probably married someone with strong power like Doumeki

all the rest make me confused...
Apr 11, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2011
i dont understand how is himawari can still married?
what about her bad luck?
whether her husband such as doumeki that are not affected by bad luck?
still confusing and poor watanuki he doesnt change at all
Nov 23, 2014 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
Ziepth said:
i dont understand how is himawari can still married?
what about her bad luck?
whether her husband such as doumeki that are not affected by bad luck?
still confusing and poor watanuki he doesnt change at all

Her husband can't enter the shop, meaning he's the same as Doumeki (at least how he used to be). He must have a really strong aura and has no wishes of which anyone but himself can fulfill.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Dec 8, 2015 10:25 AM

Sep 2014
It's really difficult to understand the ending of this OVA without going through the Manga.
But i really enjoyed it nonetheless.
Jan 1, 2018 9:51 PM
Oct 2016
I'm a longtime fan of this show and I really love seing this extra in teh future.
Watanuki has grown a lt in 10 years, but still shows some of his original traits when talkling with Doumeki (pardon my spelling as I am writing this on a small phone. rip my android).
Lots of ups and downs and remembering Yuuko's death is never fun.
Music selection: 10/10
Plot: 8/10
Art: 10/10 (as usual cuz the art of this show was great)
Mar 21, 2020 1:32 PM

Jul 2008
GAH!!!! YUUKO!!!!! Man she is one of my favorite characters, if it is really her then don't tease Watanuki like that.
Aug 27, 2020 1:03 AM
Feb 2020
I can't express how the ending let me feeling, it's like everything just disappears, I'm glad I got to see this show on this times. I needed a hug and this gave it to me
Oct 25, 2022 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
The opening scene broke my heart. The ending scene broke my heart no less. Just what happened? I hate that there is a ten-year gap with no details.

On another note, Watanuki looked hilarious in Yuko-san's kimono. He can never fill her place.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about XxxHOLiC: Rou Episode 1

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:29 PM

» Did the Anime adapt all the manga?

MoonPhos - Aug 10, 2019

6 by MoonPhos »»
Aug 7, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 11, 2011

92 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Oct 25, 2022 2:00 PM

» Watanuki in blood-c the last dark (2012) movie

14theparadox - Feb 11, 2018

1 by nahnah07 »»
May 19, 2019 5:10 AM

» Episode 2?

AkkarinKHR - Sep 6, 2010

6 by tsubasalover »»
Nov 21, 2011 6:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.