Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love how each season flip flops with Toshiya...you like him, you hate him, you like him, you hate him. He always acts like such a dick when he isn't on the same team as Goro. I rly doubt they're going to beat Kaido, but I at least hope they don't get crushed. I absolutely can't stand Kaido, but eh, I suppose the author has no intention of trying to get the reading/viewer to like Kaido. =P

Taiga grew on me this episode. He played it smart, but ofc that asshole Toshiya just had to be one step ahead of him. =(
May 16, 2010 7:32 PM

Sep 2008
That flashback was great because it shows how much of a loser Toshi is now. Seriously, someone deadball him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2010 12:56 PM

May 2008
^He is simply gay~
Nice play Taiga~
Jun 28, 2013 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
Taiga you little genius. That was smart, but you should have been aiming to get Uchiyama to walk instead of the mistake throw. That way Goro gets up to the plate.
Dec 25, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2012
Amazing play by Taiga.. too bad it was noticed probably by Toshi and he was eventually tricked too.. tsk tsk.. this is getting pretty exciting.
Jan 2, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2009
Taiga is pretty good, especially at manipulating the field, really is too bad he can't be the shortstop. Although judging by the way most baseball series work he honestly should be the catcher, he has that kind of tricky aura to him that disrupts the enemy's rhythm. If that makes sense. Anyways, the bunting strategy isn't a bad idea even if it is used not to fool them but just to bunt, at the very least it will make the infield have to continuously sprint forward wearing them out even just a little. It's a better idea than having them just strike out and not accomplish anything. Also while it is stupid to rely on errors, errors happen, no professional baseball player has a 100% accuracy at any given play, so it would atleast have a higher chance of success than just striking out.
Apr 15, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
I got disapponted that as soon as Toshi batted he used a squeeze, from what I see, as usual Kaidou is full of chickens. And I understand now why Toshi sometimes reminded me of Suzaku from Code Geass. At first he's introduced as a friend, and after that he slowly became one of the villains of the story.

Egashira is falling in love with Gorou all over again xD And Shimizu Otouto's fake bunt was amazing! He's arrogant as always but I'm so proud of him :D
Jul 1, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
Taiga, you little clever fuck. Sadly, Kaido feint was perfect. It was obvious that they wouldn't do a stupid error like that for no reason, but in the action of the game, you must take every opportunity. The good news though is that Taiga seem to have stepped up his game. This will be good in the late innings.

It is only 1 to 0, but I feel like it won't last long. They must take the pitcher out before that Kaido had planned to retire him. If the pitcher last too long, the two others will have way too much energy compared to Goro.

The raining add an interesting value to the game. Toshi failed to secure the second base when he slipped. Seishu can take advantage of that, but so can Kaido.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2015 10:22 PM
Aug 8, 2015 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
Not bad, slow pace. Kaido must win, probably
Jan 28, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
U go taiga <3333

Someone smack toshi with a pitch pls.
Feb 28, 2016 7:53 PM
Jan 2016
btw goro has never won anything in his career.. not little league, junior high or anything..
Apr 22, 2016 5:05 PM

Feb 2013
Taiga was close to do something, but Toshi outsmarted him.
Sep 4, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2008
weedie said:
btw goro has never won anything in his career.. not little league, junior high or anything..

Hard to win when his team is full of newbies every time. He never won the tournament, but he always defeat the main rivals of the season so far. Even if he wins against Kaido, they'll lose the moment they get to Koshien, or they won't be even able to play there because of his injury. Beating Kaido means more than Koshien in Goro's life.

Base stealing will always be weird to someone who doesn't know anything about baseball, but I guess Taiga's trolling almost secured them a chance at a run. It's a shame he got too cocky, and not sure if he can repeat that next time, Kaido won't be surprised again.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 1, 2017 2:58 PM

Nov 2011
That was some smart play on Taiga's part. I'm not mad at him for getting caught in that trap. The bunting strategy is a good one too.

The game seems to be progressing believably so far.
May 18, 2018 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far of the series. Great tension and watching the stealing battle with "D-Bag" Toshi and Taiga was very good.

What I found annoying is how Goro's team is afraid of taking risks.. um what?!? How the fuck else did you think you got here, guys? I'm surprised Goro did not shut that shit down when he heard such nonsense. Also, Kaido following the manual.. that won't blow up in their faces at all :).
Jul 29, 2020 6:08 AM

Dec 2007
so tense~ not only that taiga got hitting but also come up with good idea, too bad he got far away with it.
and i don't understand the desperation in their group, sacrifice bunt is a good strategy than try to hit blindly.
Oct 17, 2021 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
So close Taiga! He really got Kaido almost good with those bluffs on the fake bunt and stealing bases. This is the type of risky move I appreciate and want to see compared to Goro's risky move of making his injury worse (even if it secures victory) which is just stupid in my eyes.

Jan 26, 2022 4:04 PM

Apr 2016
Good for Taiga. I like watching some good player in Goro's Team for once.
Kaido must win this match, though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alfe - Oct 1, 2007

51 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 25 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 27, 2007

36 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 23 Discussion

hyakuiro - Aug 26, 2007

21 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 3 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 14, 2007

34 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 2 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 4, 2007

30 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.