Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2010 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First shock: Ganguro Anzu xD
First part was okay, I want to eat really fresh fish again :3

Second half was great with the new character Hinagiku - daughter of the Yakuza boss, has very good manners, she could become like Yamamoto-sensei one time. And even she becomes a rival for Anzu.
Hinagiku is adorable as well, because she is such a surreal character, even having her father under control :D

Wait, the preview didn't show us adul versions of the main girls? Oo
Feb 28, 2010 2:15 PM

May 2009
Tsuchida really does have a lock on the kindergarten crowd to the bewilderment of everyone not in that age group. Yep, Hinagiku is adorable. Funny that she is essentially the head of the local yakuza.

The first story was fine. Sakura is such a willing accomplice to the constant scheming of Anzu, Hiiragi & co.
Feb 28, 2010 3:00 PM

Sep 2008
Hinagiku was so adorable, I have a really soft spot for small kimonos.
I rally wanted to know what the sidetail twins did over summer but noOoOOoooOOoO, all they get to do is point the way to Yamamoto.

Yamamoto>Hinagiku>>Anzu

*coughalmostchildlaborcough*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2010 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
First half
-Fun times with selling fish.....oh and tanned Anzu. That was a bit of a shock. I guess Gainax decided to go with that for this week.

Second half
-Wow, Hinagiku is insanely adorable.

-This is like the weirdest harem ever. Tsuchi's got two kindergarten kids after him but he has a crush on Yamamoto. It's almost as if this is trying to be more than a cute show but not looking incredibly pervy.

-"And soon I'll grow breasts and become Tsuchi's perfect woman"
You've got a long wait girl. (Unless, some KnJ crap happens to you :P)

I really could use a spinoff of this show with the characters in high school. That would be entertaining.
Feb 28, 2010 3:36 PM
Dec 2007
Wonderful episode once again, the addition of Hinagiku to the cast bring a lot of fun and a lot of variety in the situations. Next episode seems like fun too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 28, 2010 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
That was fun..but Yamamoto again she is so adorable..
Wait next week will we see Hiiragi's grown up wanna be? ooo that's something to look forward
Feb 28, 2010 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
Funny, just when I wanted the yakuza guy to make an appearance...

HawthorneKitty said:
Hinagiku was so adorable, I have a really soft spot for small kimonos.
I rally wanted to know what the sidetail twins did over summer but noOoOOoooOOoO, all they get to do is point the way to Yamamoto.

Yamamoto>Hinagiku>>Anzu

Seriously. The sidetail twins deserve MORE LOVE!

Nice preview, next episode looks promising
Feb 28, 2010 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
Yes, this episode was good BUT, the next episode looks awesome.

Ok, that word is a little too powerful but it will be great.
Feb 28, 2010 6:33 PM

Feb 2008
The ending song is kawaii, it seem like they keep changing ending songs.
Also the insert song too xD
Indeed Hinagiku is so adorable xD
BlackbirdFeb 28, 2010 6:52 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 28, 2010 8:12 PM

May 2009
Awww, Yamamoto really does remind me of Akari a lot... She's so calm and adorable.

"Let's create more wonderful memories together at Neo-Venezia Hanamaru Kindergarten."
Feb 28, 2010 8:42 PM

Oct 2009
+1 for more sidetail twins!

Hinagiku will surpass Yamamoto when she grows up.
Mar 1, 2010 1:18 AM

Feb 2008
ionphantom said:
+1 for more sidetail twins!

Hinagiku will surpass Yamamoto when she grows up.

who knows what the future holds. she does have the advantage of being observant and discerning. she also has a commanding presence...and probably will turn into a ruthless yakuza hehe.
Mar 1, 2010 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
HawthorneKitty said:

lol, I was thinking the same thing but restrained from posting it, since I shouldn't think everything in a negative way ^^
Demon_Acker said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Seriously. The sidetail twins deserve MORE LOVE!

Indeed, sidetails are +1 and twins are +2.
garfield15 said:
I really could use a spinoff of this show with the characters in high school. That would be entertaining.

I doubt it, it would take away a lot of them what made them cute. And I already see 8000 people complaining about how annoying a high school girl acting like Anzu is :/
Mar 1, 2010 3:56 AM

Nov 2007
one thing i like about this series is tsuchida doesn't take any of it seriously. if he did it would just be another kodomo no jikan.
it's just "yes, yes, you love me. how cute. now where did yamamoto go?"
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Mar 1, 2010 4:55 AM

May 2008
Waaaa, Hinagiku is so cute!!! I liked the ending too...
Mar 1, 2010 6:33 AM

Dec 2007
Nice tan.
Mar 1, 2010 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
Hinagiku is so sweet and I agree with all of you about sidetail and twins : D. I want to watch more of them.
I prefered the second part though the first part was okay
Nice episode especially thanks to Hinagiku's introduction
Mar 1, 2010 7:26 AM

Oct 2009
That a nice cute episode. The first part was interesting to know more about that girl Aoi and her parents. Hiiragi of course was educational. I do wonder what was that astrological event that Hiiragi took a picture of? A shooting star event?=>
Not only Anzu was tanned guess some other ones too but too bad not the twins=>
Dress choice liking......winner for me is Koume because her dress suit her well, especially the color=>
You to admit Ryota's helmet was nice.....kind of like the design=>

The second part of Hinagiku was surprising but as Tsuchida I would not involve myself with her if for her love.....one mistake and Tsuchida can be dead even worse his family.......let's just say I recently decided to read upon the Yakuzas and watch some films about then. Also to add first reaction to this: "Pffff what? What? Pfffftt!"=>
Oh really Tsuchida is wonderful person for reading perverted magazines.... XD=>
I know this anime but can a girl of Hinagiku's equivalent learn all this IRL? At this age?=>
Oh my....O_O Hinagiku sure has a wild imagination about Yamamoto but IRL with her authority she could order her father to get rid of her.....right?=>
Assuming these are summer uniforms with options of a yellow necktie or just strings like Hiiragi says.....right?=>
Oh my.....Hinagiku's father is so much more bigger that it was frightening to see it here=>
Assuming in order and to save some space for others: Anzu as a wife to Tsuchida in apron (BTW very cute)/Koume as a candy merchant?(Not bad but I think she can be better than that in the future but then again she likes a lot sweets...right?)/Hiiragi well no surprise about the astronaut thing but it looks better like that. (She still has the choice of being a teacher or researcher but you know there are not many girls as astronaut.....only know one from Canada.)=>
Picture at the end for whoever wants it!=>
Overall a nice episode.
francismeunierMar 1, 2010 7:29 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 1, 2010 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:

That was really random, why did she like that?

I know this anime but can a girl of Hinagiku's equivalent learn all this IRL? At this age?=>

She is at least as surreal as Hiiragi, but it's anime hey :)

Oh my....O_O Hinagiku sure has a wild imagination about Yamamoto but IRL with her authority she could order her father to get rid of her.....right?=>

Face your enemy first, she did that. And we all know how hard it's to deal with Yamamoto, being an angel as she is.

Koume is already taken by that Ikemen, no one complained yet? :)
Mar 1, 2010 8:21 AM
Jul 2018

I lol'd at this, i still can't believe it xD

I'm not sure either xD

She's not so devil and besides she is only a kindergarten child even though she's a yakuza's daughter, i don't think she can have those ideas xD

Oh my.....Hinagiku's father is so much more bigger that it was frightening to see it here=>

Yeah in this anime, i figure that the proportion isn't very good. I don't think even if they are in kindergarten, they are so much small, am i wrong ?
Mar 1, 2010 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
francismeunier said:
I do wonder what was that astrological event that Hiiragi took a picture of? A shooting star event?=>

It isn't really a special event. It is a picture of the night sky with the lens left open to capture the stars' trails as the earth rotates. Awesome stuff.

Anyway, loved this episode. Tan Anzu-chan was just adorable.

Mar 1, 2010 9:08 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:

I suppose it might be a indirect message that girls like perverts?

HoaRy said:
She is at least as surreal as Hiiragi, but it's anime hey :)
Well Hiiragi is more realistic in the sense of little kid genius but Hinagiku not sure about her since I did not read about kids having the mental aptitude learning this.....

HoaRy said:
Face your enemy first, she did that. And we all know how hard it's to deal with Yamamoto, being an angel as she is.

Yeah you are right about that.....she did at least the right thing....I would not think she would think like that but I assumed it as a possibility.

HoaRy said:
Koume is already taken by that Ikemen, no one complained yet? :)
Guess not and I have to admit that him giving her the Koala was a good sign of a relation progression. I think they are good for each other.
D4rk1ch1g0 said:

Same here but was more "What *laugh*" kind of expression.
francismeunier said:

D4rk1ch1g0 said:
I'm not sure either xD

Let's assume maybe since this is anime at best.
francismeunier said:

D4rk1ch1g0 said:
She's not so devil and besides she is only a kindergarten child even though she's a yakuza's daughter, i don't think she can have those ideas xD

I though so too but HoaRy is right that her mind set would not be like that unless her mind would be polluted with a lot of movies/TV shows which is not the case from the looks of how her father raised her.
francismeunier said:

D4rk1ch1g0 said:
Yeah in this anime, i figure that the proportion isn't very good. I don't think even if they are in kindergarten, they are so much small, am i wrong ?
Yeah I will agree on that one.......and so GIFs I figured out to make for all=> Anzu/Aoi and Tsuchida's problems...

Zerakus said:
francismeunier said:
I do wonder what was that astrological event that Hiiragi took a picture of? A shooting star event?=>

It isn't really a special event. It is a picture of the night sky with the lens left open to capture the stars' trails as the earth rotates. Awesome stuff.
Yeah that is neat so it was a way of using the lens that made such a effect.....nice one....sure can learn something about the lenses of telescopes.

Mar 1, 2010 9:12 AM

May 2007
Quite the opposite reaction I was expecting from him.

If I were her father, I'd totally kick Tsuchida's ass.

Mar 1, 2010 10:42 AM

Oct 2009
TAB said:
Quite the opposite reaction I was expecting from him.

If I were her father, I'd totally kick Tsuchida's ass.

After how he reacted to him and him being a little scared cat....I understand. Yakuza want strong people not wimpy like Tsuchida......from what I saw in movies.

Mar 1, 2010 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
D4rk1ch1g0 said:

They are something like 30~40 cm when compared to adult hands. Newly born childs are ~50 cm, wasn't it?

But this and that show, that the character design absolutely does not intend to provide anything for Lolicon/pedophiles. The size even emphasizes the gap to adults or even the world (1st episode monkey bars or later the slide)
Mar 1, 2010 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
But this and that show, that the character design absolutely does not intend to provide anything for Lolicon/pedophiles.

I never thought it that way. In fact, i'm aware of the fact that this is anime and their sizes don't really bother me. On the contrary i think it just makes them cuter.
Mar 1, 2010 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
The only thing I hate about this series is that it's only 12 episodes long while the manga version already reached 40+ chapters. I hope there'll be season 2. i just can't let myself to enjoy this show so much knowing how short it would be. :(
I love Hinagiku!!!!!!
Mar 1, 2010 1:33 PM

Oct 2009
Kleeyook said:
The only thing I hate about this series is that it's only 12 episodes long while the manga version already reached 40+ chapters. I hope there'll be season 2. i just can't let myself to enjoy this show so much knowing how short it would be. :(
I love Hinagiku!!!!!!
There is a manga of this? So the ideal then is I should try to see from any of you where this will end and read from there. Is the manga compared to up to now better?

Mar 1, 2010 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty good episode.
The introduction of Aoi and Hinagiku is a breath of fresh air.
I have a new appreciation for fish vendors.
Mar 1, 2010 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode again, Hinagiku is so cute :D
Mar 1, 2010 3:25 PM
Mar 2009
This was a great episode. The girls were so cute selling the fish, and I liked how the little girl whose father sells fish wasn't all bent out of shape, but just dealing with it, and then she got to sell too in the end.

The second half was great; when he was taking her home it stuck me that I'd seen a scene like that before in some other anime; perhaps a reference to it? Ojou-chan has a great character.

I was laughing a lot during this episode. Loved it!
Mar 1, 2010 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
Kleeyook said:
I love Hinagiku!!!!!!
There is a manga of this? So the ideal then is I should try to see from any of you where this will end and read from there. Is the manga compared to up to now better?

I don't know if the manga is better but it's a shame that only 5 chapters has been translated so far even though like Kleeyook says there are more than 40 chapters.

Kleeyook said:
I love Hinagiku!!!!!!

Yeah i don't want it to finish this fast, i also hope there will be a second season ^^
Mar 1, 2010 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
The first part was pretty boring and meh. Why would a young child want to work so much? I'm almost 20 but still am not looking forward to getting a job. Kids should be kids; adults should be adults. They have different roles in society. Kids are supposed to have fun while learning about basic math or something. Adults are the ones working, because not only is working physically and emotionally exhausting, depending on the occupation, it can also be dangerous. If I were the dad, I wouldn't have let Aoi work, much less somebody else's children to help as well (if the children were to get hurt, imagine the lawsuits).

OK, sorry for the realist rant. The second part was adorable, like everyone else said. Gotta love how they portray the yakuza members. Hinagiku is definitely adorable; she sure knows her manners. Sorry Anzu and Yamamoto, but compared to Hinagiku, both of you have long ways to go :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 2, 2010 12:55 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
bubbleboy352 said:
one thing i like about this series is tsuchida doesn't take any of it seriously. if he did it would just be another kodomo no jikan.
it's just "yes, yes, you love me. how cute. now where did yamamoto go?"
more like "Ehh!?? Okay... Ehh!? Arere? Someone get me out of this situation..."

The way Tsuchida acts really bugs me. If kindergartners ever did that to me, I'd sit them down and explain how that's not appropriate, etc. He just ignores it/brushes it off like it's no big deal :/

Anyways, this is just anime so I'm not taking this too seriously lol.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Mar 2, 2010 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
guyklc said:
The first part was pretty boring and meh. Why would a young child want to work so much? I'm almost 20 but still am not looking forward to getting a job. Kids should be kids; adults should be adults. They have different roles in society. Kids are supposed to have fun while learning about basic math or something. Adults are the ones working, because not only is working physically and emotionally exhausting, depending on the occupation, it can also be dangerous. If I were the dad, I wouldn't have let Aoi work, much less somebody else's children to help as well (if the children were to get hurt, imagine the lawsuits).

I think she just wanted to scream really loudly
Mar 2, 2010 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
guyklc said:

You're pretty right, but just keep in mind that it's just anime. I know it's a little bit excessive but they don't really care about realistic problems like those.

And i'm sure it's just as garfield15 says, she probably just wanted to yell out loud xD
Mar 2, 2010 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
garfield15 said:
I think she just wanted to scream really loudly

I want to go to karaoke :D
Mar 2, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Every episode is better than the last.
I don't know what I'm going to do with myself while waiting for the next episode to air.

Hinagiku is epic... Almost as epic as Hii-chan.

I kinda want this anime to end with everyone grown up. ^_^ Like a ... Ten Years Later OVA Special.
Mar 2, 2010 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
marionettekadaj said:

I kinda want this anime to end with everyone grown up. ^_^ Like a ... Ten Years Later OVA Special.

Yeah, this totally.

Just an OVA or two with them grown-up is all I want.
Mar 2, 2010 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
garfield15 said:
marionettekadaj said:

Yeah, this totally.

Just an OVA or two with them grown-up is all I want.

The same for me because i wouldn't want an entire serie about it for sure, it would ruin the original atmosphere.
Mar 2, 2010 10:15 PM
Jun 2008
ep.8

1st
another day at kindergatren then tsuchi see anzu in tan look, koume get a gift, & hii show night sky pics
showing pics of what kindergarten did in summer break then talk about fish market
then a visit to the fish market & fish for tsuchi
anzu hii koume with anzu's mom went to fish store to get some fish but forgot the money so anzu hii koume stay behind
so anzu hii koume want to help in the fish market
hii give mention inside info on fish
then fish owner's kid aoi heard noise to see that anzu hii koume on the fish & suggest aoi to help along & allow it
next day anzu hii koume see aoi refix her drawing cause of the fish helping

2nd
a kindergarten walking then meet tsuchi & tsuchi help her to her home
& meet her father the person from before who called tsuchi that litterbug
so boss person ask tsuchi want some tea but his daughter pwn'd them
next day tsuchi explain what happen yesterday then a limo enter with yakuza & that kindergarten who want tsuchi (great now it's a square problem)
which lead to anzu's rival yep anzu grab tsuchi's leg
so the kindergarten explain a bit & transfer to the school (really poor tsuchi)
so tsuchi does his usual things while kindergarten spying on tsuchi from sleeping, ds, & "read" but the kindergarten aka hinagiku is amaze at tsuchi
anzu get shock hearing propose so hinagiku talk to tsuchi poor him then anzu protest it
mention yamamoto to hinagiku & that will challenge the yamamoto
so hinagiku found the yamamoto & had a meeting with her & see yamamoto very unique
after some wait hinagiku give up on tsuchi cause of yamamoto but anzu want her to continue
lol at anzu that she still got a rival in hinagiku

ed vid focus on hinagiku walking in the rain with umbrella, yakuza people, & a black cat

next ep we get a guess, gift, dream, night, & older version of anzu hii koume
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 3, 2010 11:45 PM

Dec 2007
Hinagiku > Anzu

It was interesting episode so far. After I watched the preview, I am not sure if I want OVA for them grown up.
Mar 5, 2010 3:36 PM
Jun 2009
first part was k, second one was epic tho xD
Mar 6, 2010 9:57 AM

Feb 2009
Awwwwwww, Hinagiku is so kawaii. x)
Mar 6, 2010 1:32 PM

Nov 2009
First part was somewhat boring (still liked it!) yet had a good concept behind it. While that part wasn't suppose to be funny the second section made up for that. I have a lousy sense of humor too.
I also concur, Hinagiku > Anzu.
Mar 7, 2010 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
HAHA so cute

Are Japanese people that generous? o-o giving away free tuna haha

Hinagiku so cute lol taken an interest with Tsuchida

Mar 16, 2010 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
Seriously Tsuchida needs to stop letting out child-attracting pheromones lol.
Mar 24, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
Hahahaha, pretty funny episode. It was funny seeing all the girls selling fish, and Anzu-chan only encouraged her rival. XD
Apr 3, 2010 10:13 AM

Jun 2009
Hinagiku's bodyguards threatening Tsuchi was really funny
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 7, 2010 11:09 AM

Mar 2009
Nice but also ridiculous.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jan 24, 2010

87 by Dhruvj_1 »»
May 29, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 28, 2010

118 by ShinXShinra »»
Jan 16, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 21, 2010

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 14, 2010

73 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Mar 7, 2010

49 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.