Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Yesterday, 6:36 AM
Jul 2024
episode of the year
Yesterday, 7:12 AM
Oct 2021
It's simply a masterpiece, and I definitely didn't expect this episode to bring me to tears. What a great time to be a One Piece fan.
Yesterday, 7:15 AM
Oct 2024
amazing. megumi ishitani has done it again
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Mar 2020
Holy shit.
The Fan Letter special was a fan letter to One Piece itself.
And then it was a fan letter to its characters.
It even makes sense why the episode was placed right before the Fishman Island remake started, giving us a recap from another perspective of the Return to Sabaody arc.

I love how this episode was crafted.
The way it was directed, and the way it flowed.
It came to tell a simpler story, but managed to leave enough impact with its unique perspective on the story we all know.

The way everything fell together, the endearing narrative with the grocer brothers, the little Nami-esque girl, I grew attached to them so fast I can't believe it.

Even the comedy was so on point this episode, it made me chuckle out a lot of times. I loved all the gags and the humor.
The way Zoro and Sanji got mocked. The way Usopp made the gag.
The way they were literally powerscaling characters diegeticly
The guy that said Akainu out of nowhere.
The way the ending wrapped up everything with "Fan Letter".

All these small moments were amazing.

That's why Megumi Ishitani episodes are the golden standard. She proves it once again. Of course, she's not the only one to blame for this, but her presence always guarantees such golden standard.

Loved the reveal of the We Go opening sung by Straw Hats aswell. Its been a long time since we got something like that.

I was missing Jinbe in this version. But then I realized why he was not included.

This is the best special One Piece has. I have no doubts about it.
Pangea_Yesterday, 7:27 AM
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This.....this is the most beautiful animation that I've ever seen this year!

I'm in awe with the animation for 26th OP of One Piece and I also love episode 1015. They were directed by Megumi Ishitani. Now she directed this impeccable special episode featuring the POV from various citizens and Navy soldiers who have been influenced by the Straw Hat Pirates after the Summit War.

This is such an immaculate episode... I've been moved to tears at how beautiful and colorful this animation is. Love how the Straw Hats made random appearances and interacting with the characters from this special. Also the reanimation of the Summit War was DIVINE! Everything that Megumi Ishitani touches becomes absolutely magical!

Main protagonist's name hasn't been mentioned, but she is such a CUTIE! It warms my heart that she has been truly inspired by Nami and wants to meet her then give her fan letter to Nami. I'm just saddened that she never met Nami before the Straw Hats sailed for Fishman Island. Awww, but I guess if she did give her fan letter to Nami, then it will break canon. 😅

LMAO there's also a group of powerscaling fanboys. 😂 Makes me wonder if this part has been heavily influenced by the powerscaling nerds from Twitter lmao! 🤣

Such a beautiful special episode. I cried tears of joy. 😭 I love it so much that I'm going to make room for this to my top favorite anime in my profile! 😆

Thank you Megumi Ishitani, for giving us this breathtaking episode! This special is truly a fan letter to the Straw Hat Pirates and also a fan letter to Oda-sensei for giving us One Piece. I'm so happy to be alive in this timeline!! 😭
Yesterday, 7:28 AM

Feb 2021
Never expected that it's going turn out to be this good. The animation looks pretty good and it's going to be interesting if they make another story of fan character on One Piece series after it ended.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Yesterday, 7:38 AM
May 2023
IT WAS SO MAGNIFICENT , FASCINATING , PERFECT , CHARMING , AMAZING AND GOOODDD
Yesterday, 7:52 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
As someone who hasn't still caught up with the anime but was far enough into it to get invested in its most memorable moments from years ago, this was delightful. To see all of the references and different places around the events related ro 3D2Y with these non canon side character that ooze so much personality and blend into the world perfectly just puts into perspective the dimension of the worldbuilding. Bringing back a style similar to the one used in the 4th movie, going back and forth with memories of how each of the pirates has affected the world around them, that sense of depression that can be overcome with a role model, a dream and something to believe in, all of that to me represents One Piece.

One Piece is humouruos, it's wacky, it's adventurous, it's political, it's its own style, it's a story from a mangaka who has filled the heart of millions and this special encapsulates that perfectly. What a great gift to have in Mother's Day.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Yesterday, 8:06 AM
Feb 2021
Genuinely one of my favourite pieces of One Piece media ever. The animation is sooo crispt and the art style is so gorgeous. It's also really refreshing seeing the story from the public's perspective. It was so good it made me tear up hahaha
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Mar 2019
What a graceful thing! ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝♡
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Nov 2021
Wtf didn’t expect this to be that good 😭, this short special made me appreciate the world of one piece even more and stories like this is one of the main reason why i love one piece

Animation - 10/10
Overall - 9/10
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Apr 2020
Fucking cried at that moment in marineford with the elder brother man. I’m so fucking easy.
Yesterday, 8:51 AM
Sep 2021
Made me remember why I like One Piece once again

All hail God Megumi Ishitani
Yesterday, 8:58 AM
Mar 2021
love this work goat work
Yesterday, 8:59 AM

May 2012
Beautiful side story. I loved the animation, it was very chaotic but full of life.

One of the main things I especially loved about this was the main characters being regular people. They're not pirates, they don't have devil fruit powers, their not cyborgs, they're all just normal people, just a kid and a couple of fodder navy soldiers. Those scenes of the brothers in the middle of the Paramount War as ships were flying and the lasers being shot everywhere really hit how powerless they truly are in the grand scheme of things, and yet it reminds you that all of these people getting thrown around everywhere are characters with families, aspirations, and lives that they've lived out.

I'm really glad she got to catch a glimpse of Nami at the very end, and while I would have liked for her to get to meet her face to face, it still made me tear up.

I would absolutely love to see more stuff like this in the future.
Yesterday, 9:00 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Holy shit, let Mori and Ishitani do whatever they ant man, this was phenomenal.
Yesterday, 9:02 AM
Apr 2021
Episodio muito divertido e engraçado. Incrivel gostei bastante desse especial
Yesterday, 9:06 AM
Jul 2021
Eu gostei do episódio, espero que venha dublado em breve
Yesterday, 9:11 AM
Jul 2023
The best gift to fans given by oda Sensei & Megumi ishitani mam ❤️
Yesterday, 9:21 AM
Feb 2021
Y'all just crazy cultists, this phenomenon is worse than satanists and alike, this having a 9.18 so far is a testament to the foolishness of this fan base. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good special episode, but that's just dick riding at its worsts, crazy ppl
Yesterday, 9:22 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to De_Baer
AyaazMahim said:
Mal rating doesn't make sense to me, how is this already ranked 6?

Well, first of all it really is an excellent episode all around. Stunning visuals, great storytelling and characters that are captivating even though we have never seen them before. Its a work of animation that is constantly entertaining and interesting to watch and I would even say that even if you are not a fan of One Piece you will still get a lot of fun out of it. Another reason for the high rating is of course that this is a solo entry for a very popular and beloved series so mainly fans flock to it and inflate the rating with high ratings (just like it happened with the new Bleach cours). But don't worry. The usual suspects will bomb the rating down soon enough. lol
@De_Baer well, this having more an a 8.20 is a crime committed by a fan base of crazy cultists (I love One Piece too, but I avoid riding Oda's meat this hard)
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit that was actually a solid 8
Yesterday, 9:31 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
TheRealRouges said:
well, this having more an a 8.20 is a crime committed by a fan base of crazy cultists (I love One Piece too, but I avoid riding Oda's meat this hard)

Are you serious? An entry on a random site on the internet having a high rating is a "crime" to you and fans who genuinly think its a really great piece of media are "cultists"? Bro, if that is your mindset I think you really need to chill, take a step back and take good look at your own public image.
Yesterday, 9:39 AM
Jul 2021
yup, i love this special episode.
Yesterday, 9:44 AM
Oct 2020
Pretty enjoyable single episode that was greatly animated.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a spin off series of One piece of just the people living in this wacky world. Like just some random farmer or baker whatever reacting to all the crazy stuff that happens like Buggy becoming an emperor or Luffy/Law/Kid taking down Kaido and Big Mom etc while just living their normal lives.

Also loved the drunks debating who's the strongest swordsmen or whatever lol and then getting hit by Zoro and Sanji. The people living in the one piece world are just like us. At least we can agree on the Sanji slander lol.

Also crazy that this is ranked number 2 on MAL right now. I know MAL doesn't matter unlike how some people think but still insane how high up it is.
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

May 2015
this was really beautiful
Yesterday, 10:18 AM

Nov 2012
My god that was entertaining!! I love seeing a story you think you know from another perspective(s). The animation was superb, but the story had me hooked.

The SH's singing "We Go" at the end. PRICELESS
Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to De_Baer
TheRealRouges said:
well, this having more an a 8.20 is a crime committed by a fan base of crazy cultists (I love One Piece too, but I avoid riding Oda's meat this hard)

Are you serious? An entry on a random site on the internet having a high rating is a "crime" to you and fans who genuinly think its a really great piece of media are "cultists"? Bro, if that is your mindset I think you really need to chill, take a step back and take good look at your own public image.
@De_Baer gotta start learning how to measure the weight of the words you read huh, everything is of course proportonial to the importance of the thing you are taking in exam. At the level of uselessness of this matter using the word "crime" is more than ok, if you have the ability to read and understand that words are always to be taken in the context you are seeing them
Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Apr 2020
A message of love to the fans of the series, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the series animation project.

This episode could not exist as part of an ongoing adaptation, and it's all the better for it. It rises above even the likes of 1015 specifically because it is free of usual TV anime limitations—truly one of the greatest episodes of TV anime I have witnessed in my entire life.

Yesterday, 10:40 AM
Feb 2020
This special really did a phenomenal job showing how terrifying/awe inspiring it would be being an average joe in any of the events we were shown thuss far either as an onlooker or participant . It pretty much recontextualized how we see all the nameless fodder (either marine,pirate or civilian) from now on. At the same time it really makes the world feel trully alive even by One Piece standarts.

Add the GOAT's Megumi Ishitani as a director and you have nothing short of a masterpiece masterpiece!
Yesterday, 10:49 AM
Dec 2020
I really loved it

Give a movie to Ishitani, let her take control over everything, it would indeed be a massive hit.
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Mar 2021
This was seriously lovely.

Megumi Ishitani, you never disappoint. Absolute monster of a director

The Strawhat VAs are singing the ending 🥲
JedanKomadYesterday, 11:05 AM

Yesterday, 11:04 AM
Nov 2012
Only Megumi Ishitani could create a work of art like this.

The characters’ perspectives on the Straw Hats reflect how fans adore and connect with each member of the crew.

The animation was incredibly smooth, the voice acting was exceptional, the transitions were seamless, and the storyboard was beautifully crafted.

A masterpiece.
Yesterday, 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
What an amazing episode!

If the quote "You never really know the impact you have on people around you" could have an anime episode, this would be it.
Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Dec 2020
How much is it gonna take for fmab fans to be butthurt and to vote 1 in mass?
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Aug 2021
absolutely perfect in every way. so nice to see the perspective of all the outside people and how they look at the world of one piece and the straw hats as well. from the young girl idolizing nami for giving her hope she can do something in this world even as someone with no power to the guys arguing over who the strongest swordsman is to the marines perspective on marineford. and the parallels man... the parallels. luffy running towards his brother as the marine runs away from his but hearing luffy's shout gives him the strength to turn around. even the big boss marine having a thing for the cute chopper just gives personality to these people you often just look at as background characters. never thought i'd watch a one episode special that had so much to it. perfection
Yesterday, 11:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now that's a fan letter and a half right there! It's not something like what we see in this story but the emotional moments backed up by the classy and witty style of Ishitani Megumi-kantoku of a newly created characters just for a special episode really tells of her unique ability, I can't wait to see more of her works.

In the end, it didn't end merry happy but that after credit scene right before the next ep preview got it on point. What Luffy and co. are up to is an inspiration for many both in the 2D OP world and the 3D world we live in, lol. If there's any confirmation we needed of that, here's your special premium serving of that right from the top cabinet of Toei's masterclasses. Pirate admirer, typical touched or moved Navy officer and some nice snippets of our beloved characters, that's a lot to do in 24 mins but this ended up being both a decent recap and a very nice side tale.

Absolutely genius to have the Mugiwara pirates original seiyuu sing the "We Go" Op theme too! They really know how to stir all those nostalgic emotions up, lol.

Here's to hoping the Fishman Island arc goes well so this new team at Toei's can have a shot at some of the other major arcs post Marineford!
_MushiRock11_Yesterday, 11:38 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Feb 2021
It truly felt like a love letter to One Piece as a whole. there is real genuine love for the show and it can be seen on all levels. Megumi Ishitani is one of the best directors we have seen in a while. The scenes in Marineford helped to let us see another perspective in this ongoing war of the pirates vs. the Marines. You can tell how hopeless low-level marines are. And all the lasers from Kizaru look like their being aimed at the Marines, it's wonderful. As a One Piece fan for nearly 5 years now, this might be the best piece of media One Piece has received ever, and by far the best special we have received no question.
Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Apr 2023
I'm crying man. This was beautiful, absolutely masterful!!!
Yesterday, 11:56 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Reply to Brunilde
How much is it gonna take for fmab fans to be butthurt and to vote 1 in mass?
@Brunilde They are already at it as you can see and its not only FMAB fans. Seen quite a bit of Naruto- and Bleachfan bot accounts so far. Oh, and of course AoT-fans are in the mix as always.
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Oct 2024
el mejor especial de la historia. no hay forma de describir lo que senti.
Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Jun 2022
Peak storytelling.
Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Jan 2021
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Oct 2020
PEAK FICTION ME ENCANTÓ
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
BLANK CHECK MEGUMI ISHITANI IMMEDIATELY TOEI.

This is the type of oldschool animation that I absolutely adore!! None of that CG, 3D, VFX, CARDBOARD nonsense, just pure animation cinema. All that complete with the incredible direction of Ishitani. It had a little bit of everything and the puzzle visual was *chefs kiss*

∞/10
Signature.
Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Mar 2023
the ralisim was peak
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
Nov 2021
dogshit appalingly awful do not watch one piss sucks watch something else
Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Mar 2021
It's so amazing. The art style, the characters, everything about it is amazing
Yesterday, 1:41 PM
Feb 2020
it was just PERFECT for *seasonal end* so a 10 is a must
Yesterday, 1:56 PM
May 2017
my eyes have been blessed like never before. episode of the year.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Review Bombing Has Started

dymable - 8 hours ago

28 by TransferUser »»
2 seconds ago

» Yes, it is that good

Dahaka_ - 3 hours ago

12 by Accelerator545 »»
8 minutes ago

» Peak?

MoshiMoss_ - Oct 19

34 by Peak_Piece44 »»
1 hour ago

» A new perspective

Vorticem51 - Yesterday

3 by Mahendra496 »»
1 hour ago

» The bots rumbling is here

Fynel - Yesterday

26 by aurora_yuuki »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.