Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's funny how in the season finale, they decided to do one more livestream. Episode is definitely self aware of itself and social media took over. I guess it was part of the modern culture in this show.

Either way, I found it highly amusing for the story and cast it ran with this time. But hey, Masaki had to stay together as a collective unit to the end.
Sep 23, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
Yeah no doubt if this whole ordeal would happen in the real life and this was a real stream, ANYONE would tune in. From admitting to being a vampire, to a whole ass intense chase scene straight out of a horror movie xD

Though, in the end they saved Live... in her demon lord form??? LOL. Funny finale. Will miss this one dearly. As someone who's always been interested in YouTubers/how to become one, this was a really good watch. But I can see why others might not think the same.

P.S. that final scene with Misaki and Live in the sky was FUCKING GORGEOUS.

Sep 23, 6:58 AM

Feb 2020
Satisfying finale. I didn't expect the whole thing to be a prank, hehe.

This was an entertaining ride. Definitely my favorite show of the season besides Ramen Akaneko and VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta.

I loved all the characters and their interactions. The balance between comedy and emotional moments worked very nicely.

SerafosSep 23, 7:39 AM
Sep 23, 7:00 AM

Nov 2021
Great finale tbh, and what a nice punch by Masaki, LOL.
Sep 23, 7:11 AM

Jun 2022
You got me, Live san.
VickyAlexSep 23, 7:55 PM
Sep 23, 7:11 AM
Jul 2024
Great finale, sad to see this anime go. It was very entertaining from start to the end.

Also them not reaching 1 million subs yet sets this up for another season, which I'd love to see it happen.
Sep 23, 7:14 AM

Feb 2019
PA works Yuri bait yet again sigh, but I’ll allow it here because I loved Mayopan soooo much. I’m gonna miss my totally lesbian vampire girls so much.

“It’s just a prank bro, there’s a camera” 😂 actually really satisfying finale. I thought that was actually mother and her Volturi goons chasing after them last week, but a few mins into this and I realised there was no way that was actually them. Especially during the rooftop scene when it was clear they wanted Masaki to confess her motivations for being a YouTuber and why she liked being on screen in the first place. BUT Hype sis being under the masks was actually a big ass surprise for me. I was talking so much shit about them last week for being snakes and turns out they cared about Masaki a ton

If you think about it, Mayopan has basically been about Masaki being honest with herself and moving forward from the hype sis fallout so this episode really is a great capstone to the story. The girls have all been through so much together and Masaki was the last missing piece. Everyone else had their character development moment and we just needed to see Masaki back in front of the camera, ignoring the haters and making people happy again!

Poor Live tho, did all that just to get the contract voided out lmao. Speaking of which, learning that Masaki saved her life as a kid is the reason for Live’s obsession with her was a nice touch. Masaki been beating her up for over a decade now 😂

Beautiful ending, show was one of 3 shows this season to make me cry and I think it’s one of the best PA works originals. I’ll have to go back and look at the list, but I struggle to think of one I liked more other than maybe buddy daddies
Marinate1016Sep 23, 7:51 AM
Sep 23, 7:19 AM
Jul 2023
Brilliant prank lmao
Not just in the anime, but In real life too.
The hold setup is really good at hiding the true intentions and it's the pay off hilariously with a fervent Midnight Punch!
Sep 23, 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
The vampires in desperation, let the secret out of the bag, on top of the game of tag between themselves and the vampire head honchos as a last resort to reach their million subs goal. It's quite the high stakes risk as each vampire gets ousted one by one, leaving Masaki all the more helpless without Live as the livestream overflows with negative comments, and the minority who still supports her even after the entire Hyped-Sis fiasco. And what better way for Masaki to hijack MayoPan's stream and participate in the game of tag herself, that's the only way out.

The last livestream is all that Masaki is hoping for to break even with the influentials sharing the video out, and even after getting backed to a corner, she's not going to quit now. Of course, with Live saving her out of trouble and the eventual reveal of the NewTube collab with the Outside Kids and Hyped-Sis as a way to prank her to oblivion, it was certainly a success to get her to confess her true feelings. It was a rather deliberate act done to perfection, not gonna lie, aside from their friendship since her childood days with Live sucking on Masaki's blood, and resting for 20 years and being unable to forget that taste.

I'm just happy that MayoPan not only stuck the landing, but the finale was entertaining as heck from start to finish.
Sep 23, 7:36 AM

Feb 2020
Lmao, what a finale!
Really like the comedy of this show, solid 7.5/10.
Sep 23, 8:16 AM

May 2023
Fantastic finale episode! "it's just a prank bro, there's the camera" They really got me kekw. poor Masakichi but this is for her good too so that she can release her feelings to be honest with herself and dare to appear in front of the camera, Live is really an amazing character.

Yuki is very cool in this episode but unfortunately this is just a prank so they won't elaborate on the fight, everyone is also very good at acting to prank Masakichi lol they deserve Oscar awards, even the other creators also participated to help Masakichi to be honest with everyone, their efforts are extraordinary, Live really loves Masakichi, I really like Live's character in this episode and wtf Tokage what do you mean "Ai" is a play on the word Live into Love I really thought that this "Ai" was the character that Live used to love lmao Tokage is really a funny character.

Lil Masakichi and Live's flashback is very cute, now it makes sense why Live likes Masakichi so much and why Masakichi's blood can be special with Live while others are just ordinary with Masakichi's blood.

This is definitely my top 5 anime this season, I laughed more here than Shikanoko ironically. I like all the characters, especially Masakichi who gets development at the end of this episode and Live shows why he deserves to be liked by everyone in this episode but for my favorite character Fu especially the VA is You-chan. Although we don't know if Mayopan got 1 million subscribers in the last month but this finale episode is a beautiful ending to this amazing anime. I was hoping for s2 but my expectations for it were very low but I've also been happy with this ending, this is the most underrated anime of the season imo.

https://x.com/sukuna310/status/1838223880655339754?t=AvBhAlXVN_xVI7w0k8OImQ&s=19
NezuSwallowtail_Sep 23, 8:20 AM
Sep 23, 8:40 AM

Nov 2023
These are the kind of youtubers I hate the most, but I watched until the end because I thought the characters would be enough to make me like it.
I was also getting excited after last episode that something good was going to happen in the finale and it turned out to be a tacky prank.
I never thought I would empathise with Masaki when she's punching someone! (That was a really satisfying punch btw, thx to whoever drew that!)
6.1/10 because I liked the characters and loved some episodes like 7, 10 and 11.
Sep 23, 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Predictable but fun finale which nicely wrapped up things for both Live and Masaki or in general. The short backstory was neat as well. Only complain is we didn't get to see mother. Teased us till the end.

Was a fun watch with lively characters and good production. While this was a good wrap I still wouldn't mind if they decided to make more.
Sep 23, 8:54 AM
Feb 2020
Welp guess they clickbaited me with worrying how they gonna tie up everything in one last ep lol.But honestly didnt think Masaki's fear and cancellation was done the best and got swept under the rug just like that.Also sucks we didnt get to see them reach 1mil in the series.

It was a good finale but overall the shows has some ups and more downs for me.Lot of the eps didnt do much for me.Best episode was definitely Fu's episode hands down.

Gonna give it a 7.5/10
Sep 23, 8:56 AM

Mar 2021
Nice finale, still can't believe it was an elaborate setup to prank Masaki and to get her to say how she truly feels. This was a really good show i would love to see it get a second season.
Sep 23, 9:20 AM
Jun 2022
tbh I wish live told masaki her feelings and why she wanted her blood so bad but good finale I wish it would get a second season it's one of my favorite animes this season I will miss it very much
Sep 23, 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Nice ending. The most surprising thing here was how Masaki and Live had their first encounter.

6,5/10

Episode 4 was still the emotional highlight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 23, 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
damn what a good show, I didnt expected to all of the last 2 episode be just a prank. Like someone famous here in brazil once said "It was just a prank garai"

Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Sep 23, 9:45 AM

May 2024
This finale was fantastic! I feel bad for Misaki, as she was tricked like this. It's both hilarious and harsh at the same time. but I hope next season not take long to continue the story
Sep 23, 10:18 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
How can a show about lesbian youtuber vampires end one might ask? Well of course, with a Mr Beast like game of tag set in the same hospital Masaki met Live all while being streamed live. The tension was set and the music pretty much did it job immersing us in how much she was struggling to keep it live. Not only that but the way she finally came to be honest with herself and her peers was mesmerizing and considering that it was all a prank in the end with fellow youtubers being behind it gave it the final touch.

Great episode and finale to an anime that I came to looking for something not too bright nor mediocre but left wanting more in a season 2 that may or may not come. Not only were the references to the Youtube culture not forced but there to people who knew about them and the narrative didn't deviate from its goal at any moment. Very fluid animation as well and both an OP and an ED to play on loop or to look at for different vibes.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 23, 10:31 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Was that apology supposed to be a redemption for Masaki?!? Sigh.

Masaki literally learned nothing over the course of the show. We never even found out why she punched her channelmate on camera, yet she decided it would be a good idea to do the same thing again! She feels no actual remorse for her actions, she just feels bad about the fact that she is being perceived in a negative light. She's just playing the victim, seemingly sorry because she's suddenly determined to continue her career – in that sense, this anime isn't too far off from reality... The fact that she's ambiguously lesbian, an insecure little attention seeker and self-aware of the fact that she's a piece of shit won't make me sympathize with her. She's supposed to be a self-initiated character, how come it hasn't even once crossed her validation-chasing mind to simply try and become a better person through self-improvement?! In the beginning, I really thought the anime was setting her up as someone who's going to grow and become likeable by learning from her past mistakes, but the show literally gave us nothing but more reasons to hate her. I would not be as mad if she was intentionally written as unlikeable, but the anime is clearly framing her as some misunderstood genius when in reality she's just a selfish brat.

3/10, Tokage should've had her own episode. She's literally the only reason I stuck with this garbage.
Sep 23, 10:35 AM

Aug 2022
In terms of new shows and not returning ones this was easily the best show this season and one of my favourites of all time, It was hilarious and every character was amazing, Masa and Live had an amazing dynamic and Yuki was another standout character. Masa saying on stream that there deal was for Live to make a meal out of her definitely is gonna be taken way out of context for the viewers of that livestream LMAO

This whole episode being one massive prank blew me tf away I never expected that at all and I don't blame Masa for Slamming Live into oblivion. I love that in the end everyone came to support Masa, even the hype-sis girls.

completely unnecessary but making Masa basically one massive 20 year long crush for Live was really adorable.

absolutely amazing show 10/10
Sep 23, 10:48 AM

Sep 2024
Ichiko with her world class acting.
Sep 23, 10:51 AM
Apr 2016
gg.

LMAO, even the livestream chat is so real.

Definitely one of the best anime in this year.
ZzLow96Sep 23, 11:11 AM
Sep 23, 11:13 AM

Jan 2019
predictable but good ending to this overall decent show
Sep 23, 11:59 AM

Nov 2023
It's wonderful show with lovely characters.

Live and Masaki will be missed fs.

One of my favourite shows this season.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Sep 23, 12:35 PM

May 2019
This was one hell of finale episode and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment from beginning to end. Everything was just perfect, from the setup with the cliffhanger last episode to the entire tag sequence and the revelation that it was a prank all along was amazing. And to top it off, the post-credits scene was very cute and we got closure on how Live found Masaki in the first place.

I'm going to need to get my hands on the OST. The electro swing influence throughout the episodes fit so well, particularly in that whole chase scene, and the bossa nova? rendition of the OP was great for the ED. I’ve had the OP on loop for the past week or so because of its catchiness, but the relaxed version is also good.

This was certainly the underdog of the season for me, and though I could see myself rewatching this in the future, I wouldn't be averse to a second season.
NekOniiChanSep 23, 12:43 PM
Sep 23, 12:49 PM
Jul 2024
"You Got Pranked!" I guess they understood more about Youtube culture than she thought! ROFLMAO What a way to end the Season, I kind of figured shortly before the end, that masked hunter/slayer WAS Live. After all she and Yuki had the job at one time. All this just to get her on Camera again.
Sep 23, 12:55 PM

Sep 2014
No way, I did not see that twist coming! I mean I guess I expected Live to be the last hunter towards the end, but not for all of it to be staged!

I have to say I enjoyed this way more than I expected. This really grew on me.
Even in a season with the likes of Monogatari, Spice and Wolf and Oshi no Ko it put up a good fight and managed to stand out.

I would totally love to see a second season and for once the story seems just fine for it too, other originals seem to finite towards the end, but this could just keep going in a second cour immediately.

If there is one complaint I had it would be the whole starting scenario with Masaki punching her friend on stream, she never apologized for it properly and the show set her up as a victim of toxic fans when she really was in the wrong.
She was totally toxic for atleast half of the show.. just why? There was no payoff, she just turned into a likeable person.

I will miss the OP and ED too, they were amazing as well!
Comander-07Sep 23, 12:59 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 23, 12:56 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
PA works Yuri bait yet again sigh, but I’ll allow it here because I loved Mayopan soooo much. I’m gonna miss my totally lesbian vampire girls so much.

“It’s just a prank bro, there’s a camera” 😂 actually really satisfying finale. I thought that was actually mother and her Volturi goons chasing after them last week, but a few mins into this and I realised there was no way that was actually them. Especially during the rooftop scene when it was clear they wanted Masaki to confess her motivations for being a YouTuber and why she liked being on screen in the first place. BUT Hype sis being under the masks was actually a big ass surprise for me. I was talking so much shit about them last week for being snakes and turns out they cared about Masaki a ton

If you think about it, Mayopan has basically been about Masaki being honest with herself and moving forward from the hype sis fallout so this episode really is a great capstone to the story. The girls have all been through so much together and Masaki was the last missing piece. Everyone else had their character development moment and we just needed to see Masaki back in front of the camera, ignoring the haters and making people happy again!

Poor Live tho, did all that just to get the contract voided out lmao. Speaking of which, learning that Masaki saved her life as a kid is the reason for Live’s obsession with her was a nice touch. Masaki been beating her up for over a decade now 😂

Beautiful ending, show was one of 3 shows this season to make me cry and I think it’s one of the best PA works originals. I’ll have to go back and look at the list, but I struggle to think of one I liked more other than maybe buddy daddies
@Marinate1016 2 decades. LOL....
Sep 23, 1:25 PM

Feb 2008
This was a dark horse of the season for me. Really enjoyed this anime immensely. Sad to see it end.

Also, I knew that punch was coming after finding out she was pranked, punching someone in the face on camera is essentially Masaki's calling card at this point. XD
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Sep 23, 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
Great and I'm glad they told the reason for Live's attachment to Masaki, too bad they didn't show Mother, with her voice it should be a great character, but so 10.
Sep 23, 1:44 PM
Feb 2015
Was on the episode before this but it got so exciting I decided to just finish this off straight after 😂
I remember towards the start of this show it wasn't something I really cared too much for but decided to just stay anyway, as this show progressed it did start getting better, few moments here and there that are okay and some that I wasn't expecting and enjoyed
It was very reckless towards the end with what was going on and I kind of suspected Live would be the mastermind behind the giant prank but didn't expect the other Tubers to join in on it too so with there being more than one chaser honestly did think they were being chased by a clan of vampires so I got pranked there 😂

Wasn't expecting the past segment to pop up but it definitely does explain Live's inexplicable love for Masaki but despite the events of the whole series, was nice knowing that Mother has even started acknowledging and being alright with Live's change

Was nice how they ended this series and ngl the ending really did boost this show as a whole and was nice seeing them all together one last time, will definitely miss this one!
Sep 23, 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
So the whole thing was simply a prank on poor Masaki, huh? I won't deny that it did have me fooled for the most part until the rooftop scene, where I figured it out that it was Live who was the one questioning Masaki. In typical fashion, Masaki gave thanks to Live by sending a beautiful right hook to her face! XD

Overall, I am really satisfied with how Mayonaka Punch went from start to finish. Not only was it one of the most entertaining shows that I've seen this season, but I'd say that it's one of the most underrated as well. It won't be for everyone, but the comedic style that was used was consistently funny and the production values was great. Episode 4, focusing on Fu, showed that this series could also do the emotional moments as well and it remains my favourite episode of the series.

For the most part, it's why I tend to enjoy a lot of the original anime series that P.A. Works comes up with. I do look forward to seeing more projects from them in the near future!

8/10
Sep 23, 1:54 PM

Jul 2022
I knew it was a joke from the beginning to get Masaki to admit that he wanted to appear in the videos; it all felt weird from the previous episode. Still, Masaki keeps hitting people when he gets angry.

It was surprising to see Outside Kids and Hyped-Sis in on the joke, and it even helped change my negative view of Hyped-Sis. The flashback revealing that Live was saved by a young Masaki 20 years ago was completely unexpected. That explains why Live is so obsessed with Masaki.

I really like how this anime tackles various topics related to social media, such as Masaki's fear of it, hate and controversies, and hypocritical people who just hate for trolling. Even though that's a real part of the internet, it's still unpleasant. Overall, it was a good and satisfying ending. They wrapped up the story well, but I'm looking forward to another season.
Sep 23, 2:04 PM
May 2020
A fun original series that stayed true.
CVGDCT number eight for the season for me.
Sep 23, 2:06 PM

Sep 2018
So they played it off as comedy mostly, as Masaki remains rather stagnant, violent and selfish throughout the 12 episodes, kinda pathetic, but it was quite funny so I still give it a 7/10.
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Jan 2018
"Its just a prank bro". Jokes aside peak finale. Emotional yet fun, and most importantly a satisfying end. At least I believe so. Also Live and Masaki crossing paths 20 years ago was cute. Very good anime
sezbian lex
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Dec 2013
They got me, ofc it had to be just a prank bro, man this show was such a pleasant surprise, the character designs, how colorful the show was, the comedy but also the surprising drama and touching moments, so many hidden gems and surprise shows this season for me. I'm glad we got a happy ending and that everything turned out fine with the Hype-Sis.

Ichiko and Yuki best girls.
Sep 23, 4:17 PM

Dec 2016
I'm kinda out of words on what should I be feeling about this one.

80% of the season was quite swell with all it's youtuber shenanigans. But these last 2 episodes felt so shoehorned with drama and weird narrative for the sake of finishing the show in the allocated 12 episode format (reminds me of a kid rushing their school duties on the last day of summer). This is the kind of shows that needed a few more episodes or a movie to make a satisfactory conclusion.

Not a bad show, sadly it was the one I had my biggest hopes out of the 3 shows from P.A. works this season 8still behind on Nare Nare and ditched the Sakuna show after 2 episodes).

I'll still give it a 7.5/10 despite it's short comings (the P.A. works fanboy in me demands it).
Sep 23, 5:10 PM

Sep 2020
So Masaki was taken on a wild ruse cruise after all!
Sep 23, 6:00 PM

Jan 2024
Awesome last episode. I especially liked the flashback to Masaki helping Live when she was a kid it was so sweet. Then immediately regretting it and throwing her 😂 yup that's the Masaki I know. Hopefully this series gets a season 2.
Sep 23, 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
what a fitting ending Masaki getting punk'd even if it was a plan to get her to pour her guts out for the content she still the violent ass girl from the start !

fun lil OG PA works that only got better as it went on

i'd be done for another season

7.5/10

S tier char designs Yuki's is one my favorites this year
Sep 23, 6:47 PM

Jun 2019
I enjoyed this show, surprisingly. It's probably the first anime I've seen that centers around modern/social media culture.

Yuki is still my favorite vampire among the cast.
Sep 23, 7:27 PM
Dec 2022
Actually felt like a stream actual people would watch
Sep 23, 8:38 PM

Nov 2023
It's a good anime with a good ending, enough said.

The idea of having to create a YouTube channel and reach a million subscribers with a cast of vampires is cool. I'm also glad that Masaki was able to get over her fear of being on camera.
Sep 23, 10:28 PM
Mar 2018
they didn't kiss. 7/10
Sep 23, 10:49 PM

Mar 2021
Most of their videos were aight. Some of them would be potentially watchable. But they did a great job at making the final live stream as something that could legitimately become a wide-spread internet phenomenon. I also really liked how they just embraced Masaki's violence, even as a kid she never held back xd. Even though the prank might've been a little predictable/cliche, I think the setup and stakes were really there, and the whole crew committed really hard to making it believable, especially with the vampire reveal. I don't blame Masaki at all for falling for it.

With regards to Masaki being an a-hole, I don't think they were ever aiming to redeem her. It was moreso about how the vampire homies accept her despite her shortcomings to just have some fun which I'm cool with. Her self-redemption is a different story, this one was about breaking the curse of being unable to go on camera ever since she attempted the apology video. The lesson being that these internet people are just yapping nonsense for their enjoyment, so just don't give a damn about them and have your own fun.
Sep 23, 11:03 PM
Jan 2021
Give me another season of this.

Shigeyuki best girl
Sep 23, 11:23 PM

Jul 2016
Without a doubt, one of the surprises of this season. The good vibes in each episode was one of its strong points.

I really liked it!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16

32 by Ashhk »»
Oct 12, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29

69 by kireikana »»
Oct 10, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9

36 by Ashhk »»
Oct 9, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2

37 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 9, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26

42 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 9, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.