Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
How interesting that in the end, we have Dali and Wolf making yet another product with their skills and interest together. This show truly tied the two together in a seeminginly unbreakable bond from start to finish.

A bit of a predictable way of concluding the show but overall satisfying. And knowing the two, they seem to understand each other so much better now since their first meeting.
Sep 21, 5:44 AM

Feb 2019
So sad it’s over man I really enjoyed seeing Dahliya develop over the course of the show. Might not have been the flashiest show but it was really cute and wholesome. I think this was a really good finale that showcased how far both Dahliya and Wolf has come as individuals and as friends.

Dahliya’s now the boss of her own company and set to make the Rosetti family a household name, Wolf has finally moved past the trauma of his mother’s death and found a friend he can confide in and really trust. Seeing them work on the sword was fun, Dahliya seeing a glimpse of their future was cute, but for me the grave visiting scene was really the culmination of this season. That “One day I’ll be an even better magic device inventor than you” with the OST really got me.. I hate Carlo didn’t get to see what she’s become, but he can rest easy knowing she’s on the right path.

The light novels seem to be doing well in Japan so who knows maybe we’ll see more one day. I’ll miss it
Marinate1016Sep 21, 8:55 AM
Sep 21, 5:53 AM

Jul 2017
The Rossetti Company is coming along fine with Wolfred doing all of the heavy lifting externally, and Dahlia still continuing on her experiments as per usual. The second attempt on the magic sword prototype turns out better than expected, if a lot more twitchy...because of haunting ghosts or spirits? Nah, that can't be the case. But in trying to fiddle with the scale of a mirror snake, which disintegrates at the touch of it, and showing an illusion of both Dahlia and Wolf having a dance together, they definitely saw the same future, though they quickly brushed off all assumptions against them becoming a potential couple in the future.

One thing's for sure, while Gabriella and Ivano are teasing Dahlia quite a bit, said magic artisan having a meal with Irma and her parents, it's certainly a celebration for all the hard work that they've put in to get things working. And as for the two in question going to meet their loved ones who passed away, Wolfred certainly sees an eye in Dahlia to want to protect her, and Dahlia has come a long way since the days of her late father Carlo, as well as the failed marriage which actually worked out for her.

Sending well wishes is one thing, but giving blessings is another, and for what's worth of Dahlia and Wolfred's relationship, it's certainly one of business.

A decent show all things considered, ended as amicably as it could be.
Sep 21, 6:06 AM
Aug 2020
Kinda glad they trust each other's so much but still won't get involved into romance relationship. Its kinda refreshing for once.
Sep 21, 6:32 AM

Mar 2021
Sad to see this show end it has been so good to watch. I love seeing how comfortable Dahlia and Wolfred are around each other they really are an adorable duo.
Sep 21, 7:48 AM
Dec 2021
ok anime.1234567
Sep 21, 7:59 AM
Sep 2015
It's for people that prefer platonic relationship between opposite sex, it's also compatible for people that prefer romantic relationship between same sex.
Sep 21, 8:13 AM
Aug 2021
Such a fun story to watch as it unfolded. This was something that looked interesting and turned out to be something I looked forward to every week, unlike the ones I looked forward to seeing but turned out to be awful. I’m sad it’s over and hope it gets a S2.
Sep 21, 8:37 AM

Nov 2023
There is no right answer for how to end a season of a slice of life anime like this one.
Our main characters' lives will continue like they have for the last 10 episodes after all.
I believe then that there is no better way to end this season with retrospection.
Dahliya and Wolfred have changed a lot for the better since they met and I can't help but be happy for them.
I'm sure their parents would be as well.
7.3/10
Sep 21, 8:45 AM
Feb 2015
Was nice how they ended it and wasn't just we made the magical sword work in a rush to tie everything in but made space for like any sorta continuation which tbh I'd be fine without.

Have to say I wasn't too fond of them randomly introducing this one new thing that seems like a major plot point with the moving sword but it gets easily dismissed like wtf was that even on about????? Did they need to like fill in some time on the episode or something??????????

Either way, these two need to like go out or something ahahahhahahahah
Sep 21, 8:48 AM
Mar 2019
i like this anime i think will not be a second season but i like a lot
Sep 21, 8:53 AM
Aug 2012
It is the season of teasing romance but MCs flat out refuses. Story would be been much improved if the romance was added. As it is, it is a forgettable anime. I would skip a season 2 if they made one
Sep 21, 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
The ending is way to open especially since I don't think there will be a season 2.
Sep 21, 9:14 AM

Jul 2024
Things got a little soppy there, but not a bad end to this series at all. It might be expecting too much but I wouldn't mind another season of this at all.
Sep 21, 9:47 AM
Oct 2022
I am so happy that Dahlia’s life is now fulfilled with blessing. She ended up having a good company, great friends, her job as magic artificier is the most fit for her, because thanks to magic devices, people’s life is much more easier.

This ending was a bit too simple, but the anime was pretty fine.
Sep 21, 10:36 AM

Aug 2022
Overall a decent show, Wolf and Dahlia really carried the show as every other character was beyond bland. Found the plot honestly quite boring but I really enjoyed Wolf and Dahlia's dynamic.

6/10
Sep 21, 3:13 PM

Jun 2023
It was a nice show while it lasted, but it’ll probably be one lost to time
Sep 21, 3:51 PM
May 2017
The adorable Dahliya bloomed. I like her very much. Very good ending episode of a very good series! Second season much welcome, if and when coming.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 21, 4:37 PM
Dec 2020
I'm not satisfied with this season, i need 2nd season please 😭
Sep 21, 6:41 PM

Jun 2024
Creating a magic sword that came alive, that was funny.
Looks like their still could be a romantic relationship between Dahlia & Wolfred.
Great to see her have dinner with her close friends, I was jealous by what amazing food they had.
Great ending as well at the grave site.
I really enjoyed this series from start to finish.
8/10

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 21, 10:33 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is moving forward as a magical artificer Maybe someday she can surpass her dad and dance with the her man
Sep 21, 10:40 PM

Jun 2019
My 289th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.

Sep 22, 4:40 AM
Jun 2017
wtf was the ending ?
nothing was ended, where's my closure?
how is that an end?

"i have to go to the guild"
"The End"

who does that??
Sep 22, 7:20 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to Synnll
wtf was the ending ?
nothing was ended, where's my closure?
how is that an end?

"i have to go to the guild"
"The End"

who does that??
@Synnll

Standard practice with 12 episode anime seasons unfortunately; especially when something is based on a light novel. Hopefully this means the door is open for a possible season 2
Sep 22, 8:00 AM
Aug 2024
I sincerely apologize for possible double posting, but I didn't think it would be fair to Synnll to lump my live episode reactions with my reply to him... so I apologize in advance for the rambling nature of this post. Now, dive into the season finale:

I don't know what the future has for Dahlia and Wolf, but it was a unique and interesting take for them to have a relationship that wasn't romantic. In these genres having a male and female close like this, authors feel almost obligated to add a romantic element- so the structure of this relationship has been an enjoyable watch

One thing I'm liking about this show, and it seems to be an aspect that's really overlooked, is how well they blend science and magic elements here. Often times its a case of "Magic versus science" and they often portray magic as superior or overpowering... but here they do a good job blending the elements in a way they seem harmonious rather than at odds

Good thing Wolf realized he was being a bit insensitive when he realized what he was saying about Dahlia's ancestors and the sword possibly being possessed- good catch, Wolf

Well, the vison of them dancing together was a bit random, but perhaps it is a sign of where things go in the future?

Has anyone else noticed that in these medieval fantasy inspired worlds the male characters still somehow where modern looking/inspired suits? Wouldn't call it a good or bad thing but its certainly an intriguing choice of aesthetic

It was a really touching scene with Wolf and Dahlia at their respective parents graves; in a way its the perfect place to end the season on- looking back at what happened and looking forward to what's to come

Well, it ended with the standard closing, and no title card that said "the end" or "thanks for watching" so that gives me hope that another season is still possible. Guess we'll have to see how well it does in the ratings to be sure.

Overall, as someone who really enjoys Isekai, this was a good title, and I really like the lighter ones because its just the thing you want to watch when you want to relax. Won't get my hopes up for season 2, but hopefully it isnt ruled out

Well, that does it for this show, onto the next one
Sep 22, 6:29 PM

Sep 2015
It's a fine show if you come in expecting it to be a slice of life where nothing really happens but good vibes. Animation is really bad but I prefer these still frames/slideshow than badly done CGI. Only complaint is the unnecessary random shadow everywhere. The anime would look better with out it. It's a weird choice since there are still some basic degree of lighting without it. If they are going to be lazy with the lighting then just don't bother :/

Overall, I would only recommend it to specific people that wants a casual peaceful slice of life anime. I can't imagine anyone outside of that category enjoying this all too much. It gave me shoujo vibes but it also doesn't seem to fit quite neatly into the genre. Due to how slow paced the series is, I think waiting weekly is just painfully slow. If you got nothing better to do, binging is probably fine; otherwise it might be something you save for when you are exhausted and want some "healing" after a tough day. Enjoyment for me is closer to a 7 but objectively with the poor production quality, it feels more a 6.

I still stand by the best part of the show is really Dahlia making stuff followed by her interaction with Wolf. While Tobias was annoying, he did add that little bit of drama and tension which helped a lot on the early episodes IMO. The business aspect was very detailed but after the first two times, it got old because it was mostly just procedural things and not actually important. Her interaction with her dad is so wonderful and while he has passed, the fact he remains onmipresent throughout via the connections he built, Dahlia's dreams, and flashbacks are all wonderful. The funniest part of the show got to be the foot fungus meeting ahahaha.

I really wish their romance started budding but I heard 4 volumes into the light novel and they are still just friends. That's some serious slow burn...
Also I'm very curious why the sword started moving. Would be interesting to replicate it on a larger sword to see if it still moves.

Also there is one OST I really like, it also played towards the end in ep12 but probably going to be a bit before they release the OSTs for me to find it. Which by then I'll probably forget. Also, this anime didn't even get one page of discussion despite being the last episode... I doubt it did much better in Japan. Doesn't seem like the type of show to so will probably struggle to find the OST for this anime anyways.
zcv45Sep 22, 6:52 PM
Sep 22, 11:43 PM

Nov 2023
The ending is what I expected. There's no drama and it's open to the point where a second season can continue with no issue.

It's a decent anime, I would say that after Dahlia's engagement with the other guy ended, it got better.
Sep 22, 11:53 PM

Jul 2013
Okay wtf is this bullshit? their relationship barely progressed at all and they spent too much time on boring topics. Dahlia wasn't even making anything particularly interesting. What a waste of time.

4/10
Sep 23, 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
It would have been nice to see the relationship end develop more but it wouldn't be a bad anime for it to have a season 2. But i'd hope that from there the relationship should develop more.
Sep 24, 6:05 PM
Apr 2021
nice show but was rly SoLish, that romance tag had nk right to be there tho, even "romantic subtext" would be a stretch XD
Sep 25, 9:43 AM
Apr 2021
Now I feel empty inside
Sep 27, 7:23 AM
Sep 2024
MoeGod said:
Okay wtf is this bullshit? their relationship barely progressed at all and they spent too much time on boring topics. Dahlia wasn't even making anything particularly interesting. What a waste of time.

4/10

the bulshit is you bro :v
Sep 27, 7:24 AM
Sep 2024
need more...
I need moreeeee....
hope for S2 and please with better animation and hope if they don't doing something stupid with the shadow again :v
Sep 28, 2:38 AM
Aug 2017
I like how the relationship between Dahlia and Wolf was more of a growing friendship instead of the usual immediate "I like them but do I really? I think they might reciprocate, but would they really?"
Personally prefer the manga adaptation (specifically the one focused on the inventions and stuff) but the anime still had some of it, wish they went into more world building depth on the magic tools.
Sep 28, 11:45 PM

Jul 2022
And we give our farewells to the isekai that i always forget was an isekai. Dahlia wasn't a revolutionary show but I've been enjoying my time watching so I can't complain too much.

I've never really understood the appeal of mediveal settings filled with patents, contracts and all that boring business stuff though. But I'm no business worker so maybe that might just be me and my primitive brain.

Overall a good show, I'll be looking forward to seeing if this gets a second season or not :)

I can't get over the placement of Dahlias bed in this episode, who would place it in the middle of the room? Think of the poor feng shui

【Nawic】
Enjoy the shows you love, relish the feelings you have,
but never forget to keep an open mind.
Challenge yourself and you'll truly find your own thoughts and feelings.

Oct 9, 4:27 AM

Mar 2008
I really liked this early on but it started feeling like a real drag at some point. Somewhat charming but also boring a lot of the time unfortunately.
Oct 14, 8:14 PM

Feb 2009
I was really surprised that this show turned around for me. Early on it was a bit much and I was worried when Tobias and problems surrounding him kept popping up, but I'm glad the show moved on and really honed in on the craft and business part of things along with developing her relationship with Wolfred and others around her.

One of my most favorite things about an isekai is when some piece of technology, knowledge, etc is brought over from the modern world to the other world. It really helps with feeling like the isekai wasn't just a cheap setting and had meaning to the story. The vibe of the show is really great too and I'm glad the show didn't focus on just romance and threw everything else to the wayside.

This series really reminded me of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, especially post anime parts of that series, with the bigger focus on food and having meals together as a communication device as well as the Dahliya being a crafter and Shirayuki with her plants and medical related field really helps them stand up as an independent character over just an object of romantic interest. I'm also glad to see the Wolfred has some depth on him and his own tale and that given his background, he isn't just eager to jump into a relationship or push her into one. Overall a surprise of the season and a great iyashikei for me!
Oct 15, 1:37 AM
Dec 2019
*MADOUGUSHI DALIA WA UTSUNUKANAI* 😒Its kinda refreshing for once to see a men women relationship that doesn't progress into a romance for a fantasy reincarnation isekai anime with a Female MC
they trust each other so much, but still won't get involved into romance relationship. I liked how 2 different people who were strangers get together without any hidden purpose and do engineering of magi-tech, while keeping the other on arms length
The story is slow but fun to watch the ML is not OP nor is he just dump he's like those side charectors in a anime who got to play the lead role,
The animation is good enough and the chemistry between the 2 is good l, no unnecessary dramas no unnecessary love triangles
One of the best endings I've seen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20

48 by EinTheVariance »»
Oct 13, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 13

78 by EinTheVariance »»
Oct 13, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14

19 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7

23 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24

18 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.