Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Twilight Out of Focus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
. It seems like Shion is avoiding him, and he has a secret partner that his childhood friend Jin doesn’t know about. Feeling left behind as everything around him changes, Jin insists that it's Rei who has changed.

Rei desperately wants to meet Shion and have a proper talk. Where will he head at full speed to resolve this..
IzanaSolosSep 5, 7:55 AM

Sep 5, 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
Shion avoiding Jin, is it the former being intentional or not, the latter can't really tell fiction from reality apart. But seeing his childhood friend Jin fall in love with Ichikawa, Rei hoped to be the same as his old pal, which he may be chewing a lot now, but help will come soon. As of now, Rei thinks that Shion has dumped him, and there's still time to salvage the relationship, though he's overthinking that his good friend Kirito has taken over his partner role, which they're just good friends. The aggressiveness of Jin, at least in the right direction, finally convinces Shion to accept Rei has he is, and they start dating.

Upon dating, all the secrets start to come out, especially Shion in wanting Rei to be needy to him, and the latter wanting him to be as honest as possible. The sexual part comes afterwards, and as clumsy as both guys are, at least Rei is prepared to show his fangs in full submission to Shion's need to be loved.

The 3rd couple brings the first spin-off manga of Volume 2 (Afterimages in Slow Motion) to an end.
Sep 5, 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
They broke the "roommate" trend and kept it to them simply being good friends <3

I can relate so hard to Rei, not being interested, but after spending time with... missing them. It's good that Shion had goals, but you'll miss-out if you simply wait on whatever goal post you make to be able to go out, you can do both! Send it!

So I can understand having an all together episode, but will there be 2 all together episodes? Looking forward to!
5/5, loved this episode so much <3, Kirito makes me think of one of my sons when my daughter kept telling him / showing him boys hahahaha.

Sep 5, 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to LilyVarbik
They broke the "roommate" trend and kept it to them simply being good friends <3

I can relate so hard to Rei, not being interested, but after spending time with... missing them. It's good that Shion had goals, but you'll miss-out if you simply wait on whatever goal post you make to be able to go out, you can do both! Send it!

So I can understand having an all together episode, but will there be 2 all together episodes? Looking forward to!
5/5, loved this episode so much <3, Kirito makes me think of one of my sons when my daughter kept telling him / showing him boys hahahaha.
@LilyVarbik THE YAOI PATHS ARE CONVERGING AGAIN NEXT WEEK, as I put it! I am so happy! I've missed my babies Mao & Hisashi so much <3 I screamed when I saw the preview of them cuddling in bed, it's one of my fav moments in the manga 🥺 It's spicy, though, just like Shion & Rei's first time, everybody pls check out the manga, my green flag tops reign supreme! 😭

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 5, 12:40 PM
Aug 2024
I wanna drop this so hard, but there are only 2 episodes left.
Sep 5, 6:07 PM
Sep 2017
hikikodokumori said:

Be so for real right now 😭
Sep 5, 7:03 PM
Feb 2023
hikikodokumori said:

you can always do it, I've dropped animes when there was only one ep left bc I didn't like how it was going 👍🏻dropping an anime on ep 11 out of 12 is a statement: fuck this shit
Sep 6, 2:12 AM
Aug 2024
bom999 said:
hikikodokumori said:

you can always do it, I've dropped animes when there was only one ep left bc I didn't like how it was going 👍🏻dropping an anime on ep 11 out of 12 is a statement: fuck this shit

actually did it with Konosuba season 3, around 9 episodes in, but this (while no longer entertaining) I am kinda curious how it ends.
Sep 6, 4:00 AM
Mar 2024
where tf are mao & hisashi. i’m so sick of these side couples. idk why they made the anime like this, but i wish it was only or mainly about the banana fish knock off couple. they’re supposed to be the main main characters (or so i thought, but they are on the cover) yet they haven’t had an episode in months. (since ep 4 i think) it’s been so long i forgot their names and had to go back and check. w only 2 eps to go, and them barely even popping up anymore, it’s really disappointing.
Sep 6, 6:05 AM
Oct 2022
At first, Shion looked like he was dumping Inaba-senpai and his relationship with Kujo Kirito was more intense. But after confessing their feelings each other, they started to like even more. I’d say Shion is also a source of inspiration for Inaba, because when he was looking at him, Inaba made a decision about his path in life.

In this episode, Kirito looked like a MC from isekai anime😄
Sep 6, 10:20 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to symbolsanime
where tf are mao & hisashi. i’m so sick of these side couples. idk why they made the anime like this, but i wish it was only or mainly about the banana fish knock off couple. they’re supposed to be the main main characters (or so i thought, but they are on the cover) yet they haven’t had an episode in months. (since ep 4 i think) it’s been so long i forgot their names and had to go back and check. w only 2 eps to go, and them barely even popping up anymore, it’s really disappointing.
@symbolsanime I mean I think it’s pretty clear by now that this series isn’t just about one couple. It’s been divided almost equally into stories about 3 couples. The source manga is very short, in order to make a complete anime they had to do it this way.
Sep 6, 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to sarybelle
@symbolsanime I mean I think it’s pretty clear by now that this series isn’t just about one couple. It’s been divided almost equally into stories about 3 couples. The source manga is very short, in order to make a complete anime they had to do it this way.
@sarybelle HisaMao my babs back next week, yay 🙈 (bc I watch my previews & do my research unlike some people xD)

Since we're onto Overlap as of next week (and bits and bobs from the extra chapters of each manga, I think?), I'm guessing all three couples will be overlapping from now on! Like Mao I just miss Hisashi's beautiful face though, seeing him last episode had my heart aflutter!

I already saw one of my fav moments from the manga in the preview - them cuddling in bed, so presh ( •ω•。)

Also Jin & Giichi on a date, Jin being a gentleman as always & Giichi a disaster at accepting affection? Can't wait!

The 'close enough, welcome back, Ash & Eiji!' quality to HisaMao real, though :'D

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 6, 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
So Rei sleeps with his cap and glasses?
Who knew he's the cuddly and possessive type, heh.
Damn his whispering, I had to wear a scarf because of the chills

Congratulations on your a$$ graduation Shion 👏

All of my yes for that JinIchi 'secret' kiss 💏
Jin & Rei best nakama/confidant duo
Gimme more of those three~

watching, waiting, commiserating
Sep 6, 6:50 PM

Dec 2023
WHEN THEY KISSED I SQUEALED SO LOUD THE ENTIRE COUNTY HEARD ME EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sep 6, 9:23 PM

Mar 2008
Huh i didnt expect it to go this way. Well character development.

RenaPsychoKiller said:
So Rei sleeps with his cap and glasses?

I bet he showers with them on lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Sep 8, 9:27 AM
Jan 2014
When Shion was introduced I got insta pissed off at his character lol
… well suffice to say I was wrong and the more we see of him the more likeable he gets ^^‘
Sep 29, 1:39 PM

Jan 2022
Alright, at first I didn't like Shion, but that was really cute. I really liked this episode and all the wholesome moments! <3

I do really miss Mao and Hisashi, why are we being deprived of the best and OG couple?
This never updates so that's cool

More topics from this board

» In another life time...

AnimeZ0id - Oct 17

3 by ExpiredH20 »»
Oct 20, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

38 by aedeann »»
Oct 14, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

31 by Bisalissy »»
Oct 8, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

20 by cooldogmom »»
Oct 5, 11:42 AM

» This will be my first BL anime what can I expect?

ishowcunny - Jun 11

26 by ishowcunny »»
Oct 4, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.