Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
I mean, anime is not over yet and out of 10 reviews it has 8 are 'not recommended'. Only after first 3 or 4 episodes have been seen out of 12.

I am aware that is has its flaws, mainly how many of the new things were missed to be mentioned in previous series
and how many of the characters do not have deep personality.

But still, I have watched 9 episodes so far and while I do have some criticism I would not go as far to call it a bad show. Even bad Code Geass anime. Two new main characters are interesting (you cannot expect everyone to be Lelouch and CC), some of the fights are really good and latest episode is heading toward some major development.

Is it perfect - no. But it is so bad it should not be watched - also no.

This show is similar to Akito the Exiled, it was a good show to watch even of we got minor appearance of some of the major characters from the original series. Like with akiho, I got in it with open mind and didn't expect anything else but expanding the established universs and I was not disappointed there.

So, is it just me being too soft on this show or are the negative reviews it got really deserved?
BrotherCoaAug 18, 11:53 PM
Aug 18, 2:36 PM
May 2022
BrotherCoa said:
I mean, anime is not over yet and out of 10 reviews it has 8 are 'not recommended' only after first 3 or 4 episodes seen.

And I am aware that is has its flaws, mainly how was many of the new things missed to be mentioned in previous series
and how many of the characters were not that deep.

But still, I have watched 9 episodes so far and while I do have some criticism I would not go as far to call it a bad show. Even bad Code Geass anime. Two new main characters are interesting (you cannot expect everyone to be Lelouch and CC), some of the fights are really good and latest episode is starting some major development.

Is it perfect - no. But it is so bad it does not should be watched - also no.
This show is similar to Akito the Exiled, it was a good show to watch even of we got minor appearance of some of the major cast from original series. Like with this one I got with open mind and didn't expect anything else but exploring the universe more and I was not disappointed there.

Si is it just me being too soft on this show or is the negative reviews it got really deserved?

watch till 9 episodes it's good
Aug 18, 2:39 PM

Jul 2020
I've also really enjoyed it so you certainly aren't alone. I think people set themselves up for disappointment by comparing everything that happens in this series to the original Code Geass. As an original modern mecha anime I think it is super fun to watch and the use of the Code Geass elements are to me a nice bonus rather than what defines the show.
Aug 18, 2:48 PM
Apr 2016
Just ignore them man. Some people are just impossible to please/impress. If you enjoy the show then that should be more than enough. I don’t know what people are on about and why they don’t recommend it cause I think this show is awesome! But I’m kinda biased and love everything that involves the CG universe (yes that includes the Akito movies as well) lol.

Man I can’t even remember when I last have gotten as hyped as I did at the end of last episode after seeing (here should be a spoiler but I dunno how to make them lmao)
suppazAug 18, 2:52 PM
Aug 18, 2:54 PM
Jan 2023
at least for me, it's kind of obvious that the new series is not going to be Equal to the original, and besides all the reviews are from people who watched only 3 episodes as you say, i would try to me bore objective and at least review it when I've watches more that half the series and for me the series got better after episode 5-6 and i know mor people it's going to do better reviews when the series is finished. (srry for bad English in some parts of this text)
Aug 18, 5:26 PM
Dec 2022
BrotherCoa said:
I mean, anime is not over yet and out of 10 reviews it has 8 are 'not recommended' only after first 3 or 4 episodes seen.

And I am aware that is has its flaws, mainly how was many of the new things missed to be mentioned in previous series

But still, I have watched 9 episodes so far and while I do have some criticism I would not go as far to call it a bad show. Even bad Code Geass anime. Two new main characters are interesting (you cannot expect everyone to be Lelouch and CC), some of the fights are really good and latest episode is starting some major development.

This show is similar to Akito the Exiled, it was a good show to watch even of we got minor appearance of some of the major cast from original series. Like with this one I got with open mind and didn't expect anything else but exploring the universe more and I was not disappointed there.

Si is it just me being too soft on this show or is the negative reviews it got really deserved?

I disagree with the statement about the flaws u mentioned. But like everyone has said in here so far, people will hate no matter what.
Aug 18, 10:00 PM
Jan 2022
BrotherCoa said:

Basically, you're just saying it's not as good as the original. Well, no sh.t?

Still enjoyable to see some of the old cast return, so just be happy with that.

Also, your grammar is unbearable at points. Fix that fast.
Aug 18, 11:56 PM

Jun 2013
Flying_Hawlucha said:
BrotherCoa said:

Basically, you're just saying it's not as good as the original. Well, no sh.t?

Still enjoyable to see some of the old cast return, so just be happy with that.

Also, your grammar is unbearable at points. Fix that fast.

What I am saying is that the show is not so bad to deserve such low reviews. Hopefully it will be judged more fairly once all episodes are out and people can give it full review.

And I am sorry for bad grammar, I only saw how bad it was once I got up. I guess one should not write comments in foreign language after being so tired. I fixed it now, hopefully it is much more understandable to read.
Aug 19, 12:39 AM

Apr 2023
I also enjoyed this anime just like you. Is it as good as the original Code Geass? No, but it’s definitely worth watching. And it’s not canon either, it’s set in an alternate universe where LeLouch survived.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Aug 19, 1:14 AM
Jan 2021
I’m enjoying the series the only part I didn’t like was Ash’s backstory being exposition dumped in the dumbest way possible.
Aug 19, 2:54 AM
Jul 2011
10 trillion crab blender robots out of nowhere /end thread
Aug 19, 3:04 AM

Jan 2009
sakuya is sexy hot so worth watching

plus the op song is great
Aug 19, 4:00 AM

Aug 2015
Sakuya is sexy lol as was said before and really enjoy this so far, to me if you enjoy code geass you should enjoy this as long as you don't try to compare original series, which have feeling some do with many series sadly.
Aug 19, 7:45 AM
Jan 2020
it's at least better than the akito movies
Aug 20, 9:24 PM
Apr 2014
I've been enjoying it a lot so far, but I understand the criticisms people have with it. There are some things it could have done better. But IMO, it's still doing a lot of stuff right for a sequel that's also its own thing.
Aug 21, 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Ronninn
it's at least better than the akito movies
@Ronninn I just wanted to say that I agree with you.
Aug 23, 9:19 AM

Nov 2020
Well, episode 10's plot twist(or reveal I guess) justified all those harsh reviews now.
Aug 23, 9:31 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to AshuAmbrose
Well, episode 10's plot twist(or reveal I guess) justified all those harsh reviews now.
@AshuAmbrose Why though? I like omnicide villains like Norland, they are the ultimate enemies.
Aug 24, 4:46 AM

Aug 2020
All female characters in Code Geass are hot. I love the hot women.

Aug 24, 8:16 AM

Jun 2013
@animegamer245 I agree, 24 episodes would do wonder for this show. Sadly, it was not to be. It is still not as bad but it is not as good as it should be.
Aug 24, 11:15 AM

May 2019
the problem this series has so far is theyre just recycling stuff from the OG. the whole fake brothers thing, damocles stuff, even the goddamn antagonist. even the protagonist is basically just female lulu, but even i find her too lacking as a protagonist so far.

it's been a while since i watched the OG but even i remember all of these stuffs. i just watch it so far to see how it's gonna end since i have watched 10 episodes so might as well riding it till the end but it's also easy to see why people won't recommend it. they really offer nothing new except if you want nostalgia. i'd rather have them make a series of lulu becoming geass hunter, that seems far more interesting than what this series offers so far.

the only interesting tidbit is really about roze and the older bro's relationship but that's it. if they fuck that up as well since they love zooming fast with everything, there's really nothing else that can save this series since all the conflicts are just recycled stuffs from the OG.
umagiAug 24, 11:23 AM
Aug 24, 2:48 PM

Dec 2020
the whole thing is a big mess, it's fun and it's nostalgic and i'm here to ride with it but maaan it can be a confusing splotchy all-over-the-place mess

every episode has like 2 half-twists 3 motivation shifts and then a random jumble of maybe mechas maybe maid cafe maybe lelouch some empty buildup to some half-reveals that feel forced and small

and what even is this pacing

but when it's mechas and ridiculousness it is nostalgic fun, just gotta turn my thinking off. but when i try to trace what's happening in the story i just get more confused
Aug 25, 2:10 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
@AshuAmbrose Why though? I like omnicide villains like Norland, they are the ultimate enemies.
@Zarutaku It's not about what he is doing but rather why he is doing it, not to mention that he is just a "Somehow, Charles returned" meme.
Aug 25, 2:23 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to AshuAmbrose
@Zarutaku It's not about what he is doing but rather why he is doing it, not to mention that he is just a "Somehow, Charles returned" meme.
@AshuAmbrose I don't see why his motives would justify harsh reviews. He wants to eradicate humanity out of disgust for them, so what? He's a villain...
Aug 25, 3:24 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
@AshuAmbrose I don't see why his motives would justify harsh reviews. He wants to eradicate humanity out of disgust for them, so what? He's a villain...
@Zarutaku If this was just another stupid Isekai it would have been fine, but this is Code Geass a show known for having deep characters with motives behind their actions. If they wanted to cheap out on the story then instead of banking on Code Geass's name they should have started a new mecha franchise. Norland is just a Charles clone(literally) and his personality is nothing more than that of a robot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

InfinityDude88 - Jul 5

51 by Phraze »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 3 Discussion

FarCritical - Jul 5

46 by Phraze »»
Yesterday, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Jun 21

88 by Phraze »»
Oct 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Sep 6

107 by mat619 »»
Oct 14, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FarCritical - Aug 23

51 by StarNightwatcher »»
Oct 11, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.