Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 11:42 PM
Oct 2018
That was a great episode! The things that stood out to me the most in this episode are as follows:
1. That truly was an awesome end to the battle with the dragon.
2. OH NO! Stagnate is hot! (And Gracefeel is going all clingy jealous girl)
3. Will got one heck of an upgrade with that dragon factor curse.
4. Will closing Valacirca's eye as a sign of respect.
5. Menel is going to journey back to his hometown with what seems to me to be his kind-of girlfriend
6. Gus and everyone else laughing at the idea of Will facing even worse enemies in the future.
7. Bee launching herself at Will to get inspiration for her songs.
8. Will handing off a dagger made from his spear Pale moon to a pair of newbie adventurers.
Feb 12, 1:03 AM

Dec 2020
Why get waifus when you can have goddesses instead lmao

In the end they needed divine aid to win. For a while I thought the dragon would just be employed under will for a while using the uncollected gold from the nation Gus and gang saved.

S2 was great. Besides the intro arc of s1 this was much better. They did say they would visit menels home next. S3??
Feb 16, 2:33 PM

Oct 2017
Well, this season was boring.
I fell asleep many times.
Mar 14, 7:18 AM

Dec 2022
Much preferred the first season, with its more unique take on the high fantasy isekai premise. This season essentially played every single medieval fantasy trope in existence straight, dialed back that pervasive feeling of desolation that defined the previous season, and artificially developed characters through convenient divine intervention throughout. What was intended to be the main threat: Valacirca, was also ineffective at embodying the primordial calamity that any good dragon should be awing the viewer with.

Because it blasts through every new occasion with such a frenetic pace, you're not incentivised to care about what's actually happening, or who's involved in it. Rather, it instead comes across as a linear, formulaic sequence of events that need to be tediously ticked off a checklist before the main goal is completed. So ultimately, all you end up watching is a generic high fantasy anime with absolutely nothing distinguishing it or otherwise setting it apart from its peers.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 26, 2:50 AM

Dec 2020
it was awesome also enjoyed Season 1 and it left some things still open like the fact that there's a debt still ready to be collected sooooo season 3? (hopefully)
Apr 2, 5:49 AM
Sep 2019
gostei !!!!!!!!!!
Apr 5, 6:35 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, this was just awful. I hate to be that guy, but if you enjoy this series at all, do yourself a favor and go read the manga instead, ESPECIALLY for the entire dragon fight, they did NOT do it justice at all, especially the final exchange. Legitimately disappointed here.
Apr 16, 8:46 PM

May 2013
Honestly ending was somewhat "fine" i guess

Wish the fight had more screen time because it felt empty considering all the buildup we got about the "big bad"
The dwarven support felt like it did nothing as they only got few scenes while dragon was quite static
(Like at least crisp up some of the ranged ones a lil bit)

But its probably due to budget and 12 episode limit
Wish we had more of an aftermath explored with episode 13 but it is what it is.

Overall this season to me felt less packed.
Season 1 somehow felt more consistent even with clearly visible details cut / skipped
Season 2 had a slow build up to set the stage for Valacirca and again there was clearly quite a lot of details cut
It felt like this story needed ~24 episodes per season to fully unpack most of the story but we ended up having mere 12 episodes per season which hurt the series

I still enjoyed it and hope this gets season 3 with slightly better budget or at least more episodes so it doesnt feel as cut up as it was in the future
But that will depend how well it did in sales and ect
(Yeah yeah i know there isint enough material atm for it to happen)
May 21, 9:55 PM

Apr 2008
Stagnate is how I would describe the final boss fight

Constant repetitive rambling about heroism...

Then you realize that not much happened either...
It's not bad, but its pretty average and not very interesting...

Definitely not an improvement from the first season, but its not worse either

Just barely saved by Lou and Stagnate
Jun 2, 2:15 PM
Jul 2012
It's like they forgot to animate every inbetween scene, and yet it's 90% pointless dialogue. How do you squander such a nice premise so bad?
Aug 17, 2:20 AM

Jan 2014
I feel like losing the hype tho, they did the battle like a chess competition.
and william ended up with dragon factor because of bathed in miasma breath?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

SakurakoMikage - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

28 by Neva_1 »»
Mar 30, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.