Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 11:22 AM

Dec 2021
Premiere screening of the first three episodes in "The First Encounter".
https://gkids.com/2024/06/25/dan-da-dan-first-three-episodes-to-be-released-in-theaters-nationwide-friday-september-13/

And now the (what will become) second best series this year has finally arrived… and an opening song from Creepy Nuts right off the bat. It's no debate that Bling-Bang-Born, another song by Creepy Nuts, was the opening of the year. So the only people that could truly beat Creepy Nuts for opening of the year... is Creepy Nuts themselves lol.

Opening out of the way though, we start with this absolute horn ball breaking up with our main girl Momo all because she's broke and she won't let him tap... great. Come to find out the only reason she even dated dude was because he looked like a celebrity she's in love with... LOL. Which then leads to us meeting our main boy himself, to which Momo protects... best girl worthy within the first MINUTES.

She really unlucked out when it came to talking/protecting this dude because he's one of those occult believers... which she rightfully so bashes because dude just starts yapping his brains outs lols. Though, she's best girl and all, so ofc she'll apologize under pressure and try to make him feel better after that... Which just leads to HER getting bashed because she believes in ghosts while dude believes in aliens.. just great lmao.

Though ofc, in shounen fashion, these two make a bet to see who is right and wrong in this to become each other's flunky. More than anything though, it just lead to them getting to know each other more while trying to debunk each other. Get that shit out of here though, because REAL best girl shows up just in the nick of time, TURBO GRANNY!!!! With her iconic 'I'll let you suckle my titties, IF you let me suck your dick' line xD

And yeah, animation and bgm went crazy in that scene. It's Science Saru alright. Meanwhile Momo got herself kidnapped by aliens ofc. And ofc aliens just have the need to strip her on first glance.. because ofc lol. They had a good enough reason at least, that being them wanting to have a reproduction system like us humans. Would have to lead into Momo getting her virginity taken though...???? Horny ass aliens LOL.

Thankfully best girl herself, TURBO FUCKING GRANNY, comes in with the clutch. Which just leads to more amazing animation and main boy lore dumping... AND MOMO FUCKING UP THEM ALIENS HELL YEAH. Though, all's NOT well that end's well, as poor dude lost his dick apparently??? Great. Lesson learned: UFOs, aliens, and ghosts VERY well exist.

And yep, there we go. This is why Momo is best girl. Only took one episode to fall in love with main boy, I'm sorry, KEN TAKAKURA HIMSELF LMAOOOOOOOOO. If she wasn't already in love with him, she's FOR SURE IN LOVE NOW.

What a fucking premiere. Science SARU, you knocked it OUT OF THE FUCKING PARK.

I don't even need to see anything else this season to know that this is the best premiere this season. Couldn't be more excited for more.
IzanaSolosSep 13, 4:33 PM

Aug 6, 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
Visually, the episode makes a positive impression. The soundtrack from the trailer was used in this episode, and it sounds really nice.
I wouldn't call myself a fan of this series(no plot, just action + fanservice), but I'll still watch at least the first season, cause it seems the Science SARU studio really did justice to the visual artstyle of manga.
Aug 6, 4:44 PM

Nov 2020
XD it's funny that we have the first episode long before the official premiere, I wonder if the person who leaked it will keep his position

The opening at the beginning is too much like the one with Mashle imo
Aug 6, 8:20 PM

Oct 2017
They were both real lmao, ghosts and aliens. Now that was quite the ride and it's just the start. Things went wild from the getgo with Turbo granny and sexcrazy aliens. Btw Momo with Wakayama Shion and Ken with Hanae Natsuki is perfect. Episode ended with Momo meeting her Takakura Ken, it's fate.

The most batshit crazy start to an anime ever. When the manga started I knew it would blow up and it did with the manga, time for the anime to do as well. OP is a banger, creepynuts don't miss. ED song is nice as well.

Btw for those who don't know Takakura Ken was an actual famous actor in Japan irl.
MegamiRemOct 3, 11:03 AM
Aug 7, 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
they did not censor it

momo is sexy hot

crazy first episode

degOct 3, 1:09 PM
Aug 7, 2:30 AM
Aug 2018
half the cour leaked lmao what a fuckup
Aug 7, 4:04 AM
May 2021
This shit is gonna be peak 😂🔥 crazy shitttt, visuals, the colours the music yhh fckn hype 🤪
Aug 7, 8:34 PM

Jul 2024
Reply to deg
they did not censor it

momo is sexy hot

crazy first episode

@deg hope they don't censor gilf grandma seiko .
People evolving from milf to gilf
RainyEveningsOct 3, 4:15 PM
Aug 7, 10:44 PM
Dec 2020
great episode ill def watch the other 5
Aug 8, 3:57 PM

Jul 2022
Meanwhile at the Netflix offices:

It's incredible that it was leaked and even more. I saw some scenes but I prefer to see it when it comes out officially, but the way things are going I think Netflix should release it already.
Aug 8, 5:21 PM

Aug 2022
This show wasn't on my radar, but after the leaks, I decided to give Episode 1 a chance.

Wow. Just wow.

I was under the initial impression that this was basically Mysterious Disappearances S2, but it was batshit crazier than what I expected. While not "fever dream" levels of nuts like Nokotan, the jokes were definitely up my alley.

The part when the aliens were about to have their way with Momo before Ken shows up felt something straight out of a hentai or doujin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm absolutely going to rewatch this once the official release drops in October.
Aug 9, 11:44 PM
Dec 2020
360p lol that is so epic
Aug 10, 2:16 PM
May 2024
I just watched this. Okay, I know it was a leaked episode but it was good, both the animation and the soundtrack and music.I managed to watch this in 480p despite the average quality, I liked the episode lol

I'll watch it again in two months 😀
Aug 10, 4:26 PM
May 2023
It's alright, but it's not really good enough to be worth it to watch the 6 leaked episodes in 360p and messy subtitles 😭

After the first episode, I think I'll wait for the official release and see if they're any better
Sep 10, 1:31 PM

Oct 2020
fresh cinema impressions, since the beginning of the manga Ive imagined what the anime adaptation could look like, what can I say it is perfect, I love everything about it.
Sep 10, 2:45 PM

Apr 2021
Just watched the first three episodes in cinema (germany) and it was simply incredible. What an unique audiovisual feast.

There were so many great directional choices to intensify the emotional and scary scenes which always created a special atmosphere. In my opinion, that genre-mix just works equally as well as in the manga.
And it felt like this shows always went the extra mile in terms of animation.
Sep 13, 1:21 PM

Mar 2021
Just came back from the pre-screening. We gonna eat good this fall!! Theatre experience of this show is just something different and I dont think I'll feel the same awe when I'll watch this in my TV.

Also, the director is a certified Otaku!!
Sep 13, 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
Just watched the first three episodes in the cinema (UK)

The director wasn't kidding when he said genre switches between rom com and occult.
Ah so it is another male MC gets possessed by a supernatural being (not that I'm complaining).

The use of siillhoutes in the opening animation was really reminiscent of Showa Ultra series openings, and it was befitting given that the Serpoians who abduct Momo are based on the Dada from Ultraman, posing their hands in the similar way. The occult side of the series so far is pretty much early pulpy sci-fi on one hand and Japanese folklore on the other.
Fortress_MaximusOct 3, 2:34 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 13, 2:04 PM
Dec 2019
Just watched the preview at the cinema with the interviews and the first 3 eps. What a riot!!
Sep 13, 3:41 PM
Oct 2021
Just got back from watching it at the cinema, overall a fantastic adaptation. I tried to avoid leaks up until now (aside from the OP/ED) as I've been waiting for this for a while and felt it was best to watch it in the best quality possible. If I'm being honest, I think episode 1 hit a little less hard than reading chapter 1 in the manga did for me, but that's likely just because of how you would turn the page to each crazy surprise in the chapter, which can't really be replicated in TV format so the pacing felt a little different. However, there were some pretty creative choices of direction to get past this (which iirc they even mentioned in the interviews) with the lights shutting off as the Serpo were revealed for example, so still very very good. It definitely kept that same chaotic feeling that was there in the manga, and the voice acting was really strong (naturally, almost everyone here is a veteran).

I thought episode 2 (chapter 2) and episode 3 (chapters 3 and 4) were pretty much perfect as adaptations; episode 2 was my personal favourite and the 3DCG on the Flatwoods Monster looked really damn good for the most part. As it only adapted 1 chapter (this one being only a little over 50 pages compared to chapter 1 being well over 60), it meant that it could linger on certain key moments for a little longer - for example, (mild episode 2+3 spoilers)

Kensuke Ushio's soundtrack, to no one's surprise, sounds great. Some tracks you can clearly hear his style in, especially the more tender character moments (with the piano playing just like how we heard it in CSM, Bokuyaba and A Silent Voice), as well as the action tracks having a similar feeling to what you'd get in CSM/Devilman Crybaby, but it was also pretty neat to hear some stuff that I haven't really heard from him before (although I haven't seen all his stuff so I may have just not heard this style from him myself before), especially in the more comedic scenes like Momo complaining about having no one to comfort her.

It was also great to learn a bit more about Yamashiro Fuga in the interviews; he's a big upcoming director and is considered by many to be the successor to Masaaki Yuasa. He's clearly put a lot of passion and work into creating this anime and I'm so glad it looks this way, I really hope it's a huge success that will reflect upon his (and the rest of the staff's) efforts.
Sep 13, 4:30 PM
May 2021
Prior to my comment when it got leaked , watched this in the cinema & woww it was soo funny havent laughed so much in a while, I love comedies like this!! Absolutely peak!! Everything is amazing in the anime!
Sep 13, 10:33 PM

Apr 2020
Absolutely phenomenal to see one of my favorite mangas on the big screen, and to any one who is thrown off by all the weird sexual stuff.

IT GETS TONED ALL THE FUCK DOWN, there is still a little fan service every once in a while, but all the rapey shit practically evaporates pretty quickly.
MrRantSep 15, 6:59 PM
Sep 13, 10:39 PM

Nov 2021
That was a good premiere at AMC, my theater was really packed, almost sold out. Loved the interview at the beginning too. Audience was really laughing at all the comedy bits. It's gonna suck having to wait for episode 4 though

They did a really great job at blending the first 3 episodes together, I couldn't really tell when each episode ended - the transitions were super smooth.
Sep 14, 3:30 AM
Dec 2022
Watched the premiere in theaters, was so much more peak than I thought it would be

This is def in the top 3 of the year

First episode was so good, the opening is just peak and the animation artstyle and everything just amazing

i still gotta read more but they are doing great 10/10 so far
Sep 14, 4:33 AM
Feb 2016
Watched this at the cinema it was epic, so excited for this and I couldn’t stop laughing lol
Sep 14, 4:37 AM

May 2020
Watched the premiere at the cinema yesterday. Decent sized crowd. Loved the behind the scenes and the anime is very faithful to the source material. They really put a lot of love and care into this anime adaption and it shows.
Sep 14, 6:53 PM

Jun 2014
Just got back from the theater and yea, this series is in good hands. I have about 30 more chapters as of writing this comment before I'm all caught up to the manga, but it has genuinely been one of the most fun reads I've ever had. This is easily one of the best series releasing at the moment, and I can't wait to see so many of the later parts adapted even though the anime adaptation is just barely getting started.

The batshit craziness of the manga was adapted perfectly, especially all the weirdness with Turbo Granny and the Serpoians in the first episode. Oh boy, I'm wondering if Momo nearly getting SA'd will cause a shitstorm on good ol' MAL like most scenes in anime of similar nature tend to do. Hopefully not, since nothing actually happened.

I love how the tone is always shifting in this show, like the VAs said in the interview beforehand, one minute it's a rom-com, then boom, crazy occult shit lmao. The pacing is fast but at the same time it doesn't feel like it's difficult to keep up. It's going to be painful waiting for the continuation after where things left off but I'm happy I got to experience something like this in theaters. The visuals and OST are great so far as well. Hopefully that quality is maintained beyond what was shown in this premiere.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 15, 6:09 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Ba-Cii10
XD it's funny that we have the first episode long before the official premiere, I wonder if the person who leaked it will keep his position

The opening at the beginning is too much like the one with Mashle imo
@Ba-Cii10 Brother when he finds out that sometimes openings have the same music artist and so sometimes their music sounds similar. 🤯🤯🤯
Sep 15, 6:33 PM
Oct 2020
Watched it at the cinema yesterday, was surprised it was there since most of the time the only stuff I see here are either extremely popular IPs like: Dragon Ball, Jujutsu Kaizen and Demon Slayer, or Makoto Shinkai films, so I was pleasantly surprised when we got a fresh new anime that hit the local cinema. I had previously read the first 5 chapters of DanDaDan before watching and from that alone I was pretty intrigued so I wanted to wait for the anime and see what they could cook up.

There was an interview thingy before the episode started, and we got to know the author(Tatsu Yukinobu) and both Okarun and Momo's VAs (Okarun has Tanjiro VA which is pretty neat). I didn't know much about Science Saru before watching as I've never seen their works, but I can say for sure that this anime adaptation is in good hands. I highly underestimated how much I would enjoy this anime. As far as episode 1's go, this is towards the upper echelon; The animation was phenomenal, the soundtracks were great, and I especially liked the characters and voice acting. Hanae Natsuki and Wakayama Shion are exactly how I would have pictured Okarun and Momo sounding in my head. As said by others, the adaptation was quite faithful to the source material and I must repeat once again, the OSTs hit. I'm probably gonna need to replay the opening a few times, I'm a big fan of Creepy Nuts every since Mashle opening 2.

I don't know if this is going to be my favorite of the season yet because I didn't read past chapter 5 and also Bleach tybw cour 3 is coming up in the Fall 2024 and as a Bleach fan I think that's going to be extremely difficult to beat. Even then, this is definitely going down as one of the top animes this year for sure.
Sep 17, 12:17 PM

May 2019
Watching this in a theater was amazing. Great first episode, also the intro is so good. I wasn't sure about Okarun's voice but I got used to it. Momo's voice actress is spot on with how I expected her to sound so that's great. Also the neat thing about hearing the serpos' voice actor is
Animation was awesome.
Sep 28, 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the ep was awesome!
Oct 3, 8:03 AM

Oct 2020
Beautiful♡. One of the most Anticipated anime of this year finally making it's Debut,
, (even after suffering a lot due to leaks). The Manga art is phenomenal for a Weekly publication. The creativity lies in the Manga panels, that makes Science Saru a perfect studio to pick it up.The Animation is Beautiful✅.Voice Actors seems Natural, voices fits the roles✅. Music seems to fit the show✅. The Opening is Okayish to be!!! BUT, Turbo Granny✅, Uncensored explicit content ✅✅.
9/10 episode. Even tho this season doesn't have MUCH to offer compared to what's stored for later, but hey! I'm glad that it's Happening!!!!
We're in a wild Ride. To the fello Anime Onlys, this Might feel like a Typical Shonen for a few eps, but Don't compare Dandadan to Jjk/CSM......cuz Dandadan is packed with a Bizzare story, Bizzare Powers and Bizzare outcomes. It's something Different, somewhat strange & FUN!!!
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Oct 3, 8:11 AM
Jan 2018
Netflix exclusive anime, right?
Oct 3, 8:17 AM
Feb 2023
The episode is beautifully animated, characters are very well brought by their VAs, so far so good.

Only criticism I have is the pacing of this is just way too fast for its own good. But that criticism is even in the manga, so cool.

Now we have re zero, dandadan and bleach, we are eating goooood this season.
Oct 3, 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
Couldn't care less about MAPPA. Sure, they would've been one of the best candidates for this adaptation, but an experimental studio with hybrid animation such as Science Saru captures the surreal nature and insanity of Dandadan like no one else.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
Leave it to Science Saru to know how to elevate a series like mangaka Tatsu Yukinobu's Dandadan, they know their stuff to make the wacky even more wack, even more so coming from the once assistant of Chainsaw Man's Tatsuki Fujimoto.

Damn, Creepy Nuts's OP and Zutomayo's ED, you couldn't have asked for such a power pair of an OST.

The aggressive Momo Ayase who jumps from man to man looking for her Ken Takakura fantasy dude, but meeting literally THE Ken Takakura who's obsessed with the occult whilst getting dumped all at the same time, the ghost/spirit fanatic against the occult Otaku, it's a fated battle from the start for these two being challenged by the other's mediums. The truth, however, is that Ayase adores her grandma who took her in after the loss of her parents, but being made a laughingstock certainly was no funny matter.

Ken being caught by Turbo Granny is bad enough, but Ayase being caught by insane male-only Seropians who just want to have sex with her, of all people, it'd be Ken being cursed in Turbo Granny's skin who come to save her, being able to avoid their psychokinesis, and lamenting at the fact that he hadn't seen aliens for quite the long while. But it turns out that her grandmother teaching her the daily method, which enforces Chi or Chakra into her spirit, enables her to escape out of the abandoned hospital, but leaving Ken still cursed because she stole his dick.

But in the midst, Ayase having to learn of Ken's name and having feelings for him...is this fate between mediums?

If anything, this IS a quality show through and through, made even more brilliant by a sci-fi work so unhinged it actually works.
KANLen09Oct 4, 6:06 PM
Oct 3, 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
This was some crazy madness fun, just like th way I like. Loved the direction and art style of the first episode.

They also protrayed Momo Ayase exactly how I anticipated her to be like. This was such an entertaining episode with craziness going all around. Might rewatch again later on a higher quality. This deserved to be watched in the best quality possible.
Oct 3, 8:55 AM
Mar 2024
incredibles!!!!
Oct 3, 8:57 AM
Apr 2023
i knew ittt science saru nailed the adaptation in terms of crazy vibes and ANIMATION!!!!
Oct 3, 9:03 AM
May 2021
Damn now that’s quite an opening. Animation and direction is also superb.

A series like this feels like a breath of fresh air. Something wacky goofy and just fun af. MCs are also so loveable already
LeoDragoOct 6, 7:27 AM
Oct 3, 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
Amazing first episode!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 3, 9:20 AM
Apr 2022
@JENNNe_10 muse Asia yt channel🗿
Oct 3, 9:22 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to BauaMarega
@JENNNe_10 muse Asia yt channel🗿
@BauaMarega link? cant find it
Oct 3, 9:28 AM
Jul 2023
Now that's the first episode done right! but do feel things moving a little bit too fast tho.
Oct 3, 9:28 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to JENNNe_10
@BauaMarega link? cant find it
@JENNNe_10 for that you have to live in Asia
Oct 3, 9:29 AM
Mar 2022
This show was gorgeous. The lush animation really highlights the manga's already great art, and Science Saru's use of color is mind blowing. Not to mention the music, which utterly slaps. This might be in the running for Opening of the year for me, and depending on how the rest of the season goes Anime of the year is easily in sight.
Oct 3, 9:29 AM

Aug 2021
it's finally here... and it's perfect! dandadan has so much personality from the very start and i was worried they might have trouble translating that seamlessly to screen but so far they've done a great job. they nailed momo and okarun and that's exactly how i imagined they'd look and talk in motion. man im so excited to see what they do with the rest of it
Oct 3, 9:36 AM
Aug 2018

LMAO.... TURBO GRANNY MORE LIKE TURBO LUFFY USING GEAR 6
Oct 3, 9:39 AM
Aug 2020
the manga is 10/10 so my hope are high for the adaptation

for the animation, can be better but i really enjoyed the first ep
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 3, 9:40 AM
Sep 2018
If they maintain this consistency throughout the season this anime is downright gonna become a classic must watch down the line!!! Hoping for the best

Great episode. 100% faithful to the adaption!
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So far, lacks the Science Saru style.

DABUNGINATOR - Oct 13

29 by Merve2Love »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Dandadan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Sep 13

270 by Fortress_Maximus »»
3 hours ago

» Dan Da Dan got into Top 2 of Netflix non-English TV Series this week (4.3M views this week)

RealNath - Yesterday

10 by Werch »»
4 hours ago

» Creepy Nuts.

someguy - Oct 14

34 by black4all »»
8 hours ago

» Manga readers, please gas up the writing for me

APolygons2 - Oct 14

32 by Anees195 »»
Today, 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.