Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2008 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*

aeroNov 17, 2008 3:45 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 28, 2008 1:51 PM
Jul 2008
it's so confusing even more from last 3 episodes
Nov 1, 2008 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
OMG - this episode was epic! epic I say.

It seems that mr detective have some severe post-war-trauma issues! (tank scene + train scene in ep1) I am beginning to wonder who he actually is? - Why is he there? - is he on forced leave, because of mental instability? It seems that he is a man with a good reputation though, since his colleague came to him.

And I simply loved the scene where the girl woke up - it was very well made - her arms and legs litterally leaving her side - falling (into hell? - does that mean that she is in heaven? - OR was it a picture-ish way to show that she is currently in a BOX?)

Also the other police officer seemed really out of it - I wonder what Yuzuki said to him?

Also - it seemed like mr.Box had a really large collection of heads - definatly more that the 2-3 victims we heard of so far
-N0iR-Nov 1, 2008 6:52 AM
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Nov 1, 2008 7:25 AM

Jun 2008
just wtf with the tank seance
Nov 1, 2008 9:03 AM

Oct 2007
-N0iR- said:
OMG - this episode was epic! epic I say.

It seems that mr detective have some severe post-war-trauma issues! (tank scene + train scene in ep1) I am beginning to wonder who he actually is? - Why is he there? - is he on forced leave, because of mental instability? It seems that he is a man with a good reputation though, since his colleague came to him.

And I simply loved the scene where the girl woke up - it was very well made - her arms and legs litterally leaving her side - falling (into hell? - does that mean that she is in heaven? - OR was it a picture-ish way to show that she is currently in a BOX?)

Also the other police officer seemed really out of it - I wonder what Yuzuki said to him?

Also - it seemed like mr.Box had a really large collection of heads - definatly more that the 2-3 victims we heard of so far
That is a well conclusion. It is really interesting to see how or where it will go from here.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 1, 2008 12:20 PM
Dec 2007
Fabulous direction as always, and still very confusing bit fascinating ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 1, 2008 1:39 PM

Oct 2007
So...confusing. But simply amazing at the same time. This was the best episode yet actually imo.

Nov 1, 2008 2:19 PM
Oct 2008
Ya confused dont know exactly whats going on though but even though i dont fully understand what is going on im still really enjoying this anime, although we did get the usual cliche of making immortal soliders who hasnt thought of doing that
Nov 2, 2008 10:19 AM

Apr 2008
This is soooo amazingly confusing! Brilliant, nonetheless, but confusing all the way
Anyway, I particularly liked the part when Yuzuki's legs left her. One of the most fabulous sequences ever and my favourite part of the episode.

-N0iR- said:

Exactly what I was thinking. The guy must have some serious trauma.
(I liked the way he saw the tank as a demon that crushes and dismembers people btw)
Nov 2, 2008 1:57 PM

Oct 2008
I think the part I really like about this show is you don't know what to expect at all. It's so confusing and the dialogs are so well done.

I'm still very confused and I really anticipate the next episode. This episode had some nice parts, and it makes me wonder what exactly happened to Yuzuki? Is she still alive, is she that frankenstein monster and if so who the hell is making it? I think we'll know more about this in the next episode as he was mentioned by the one at the strip club (if I remember correct.)
Nov 3, 2008 1:36 AM

Feb 2008
i don't know what is going on anymore...this episode is even more confusing than the previous ones.

Nov 3, 2008 7:17 AM

May 2008
I'm glad this episode came and the plot is starting to actually take off a bit. I assumed that guy was going to be the killer.. Will be interesting to see where it goes.
Nov 3, 2008 12:15 PM

Oct 2007
So is it safe to say there are now two killers?
The person on the train who had showed the head in the box first
and the 2nd guy whos trying to copy him

I wonder who took Yuzuki
Nov 3, 2008 5:50 PM

May 2008
KCT said:
So is it safe to say there are now two killers?
The person on the train who had showed the head in the box first
and the 2nd guy whos trying to copy him

I wonder who took Yuzuki

Well, the first guy was most likely not a killer.. it'll probably develop that he was either a magician or something less real like a hallucination in the mind of the actual killer..
Nov 3, 2008 11:31 PM

Jun 2007
Wasn't that first ep with the guy and the box at the start of the series a future episode and all these are past episodes explaining how he got to that point?
Nov 4, 2008 2:07 AM

Mar 2008
^most likely.

i love this show, i think, it is briliantly exucuted.
Nov 5, 2008 12:24 PM

Feb 2008
Jacut said:
Fabulous direction as always, and still very confusing but fascinating ;)

Same here. I like the artful scenes and the mysterious atmosphere. 4/5
Nov 8, 2008 7:51 PM

Jun 2008
this anime is so messed up o.o but damn it, i'm in love with it XD
Nov 9, 2008 7:12 PM

Nov 2007
i love it i love it i love it. this the greatst. my sick mind has never been so satisfied. and someone plese tell what tat song is in the middle. sung by the prostitut girl.
May 21, 2010 6:10 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty confusing, but it just makes me want to continue watching to find out more.
Jun 24, 2010 5:40 PM
May 2008
Speculations... speculations... speculations. Now show me something concrete!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 13, 2010 5:21 AM

May 2008
I'm just more and more confused and I don't have a single clue where is this going...
I want some answers now~
Aug 31, 2010 9:29 AM

Jul 2009
Hmmm... Amemiya is perhaps the man in glasses in the very beginning wondering "how that doctor did it..." He has no family ties to Kanako, yet is her "guardian." He disappears when Kanako disappears... I think Amemiya is the butcher, and the Dr. Frankenstein is the doctor, Miwasaka (? Was that his name?)

Also, kasha, the demon, fire wheels = tank? At least, to Kiba-san.

There's an interesting "doll" motif in this series: the limbs in specially made boxes (freaky how they're cut/measured to fit around town!!), Yoriko's mother who paint doll's faces (hence all the creepy doll heads around her home), Kanako's new cyborg limbs (making her the perfect living doll...?).

I think Youko-san is innocent. She seems suspicious, because she was forced into retirement suddenly, and she was an actress (so we should assume she is "acting" when she is distraught)... but she appears to be coerced by someone, not just into retirement, but perhaps into planting the random letter last episode, taking her little sister to that creepy box clinic, etc. Someone is pulling Youko's strings, I think. Kanako also calls her "beloved sister." And everything Kanako's said so far has been reliable.
Nov 27, 2012 6:24 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah ...................................... I understand everything now ..............................................................
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2013 2:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is a very well done, suspenseful and well executed series. We got a bit more pieces to the puzzle than in the previous episodes' but are still far from knowing what exactly is going on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 30, 2013 5:35 PM
Aug 2011
First half was suspensful the second half was slightly boring.

That tank/soldiers scene though...
Jul 15, 2013 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
The Frankenstein monster stories are so old school
Jan 18, 2014 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
This is really fucking weird.
Nov 14, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
The story is getting interesting! yes!
I was beginning to get hooked into it. I just need to read the character list repeatedly bcs I always forget the names. I guess the things are starting to makes sense! the soldiers and tank part is quite odd tho

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 3, 2015 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
It's getting a little bit more concrete, more detals are shown.
Limbs are being flung around all over town.

I kinda liked the Tank scene, eerie music with it.
Jul 21, 2017 9:23 AM

Feb 2017
Is it some type of trauma???
Mar 31, 2019 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
My head hurts now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2020 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
I feel like I should have noted down days to make more seen of things that are happening in a more linear fashion, I did that with Boogiepop Phantom and made me like it more than here.

Yoko changing her mind from wanting Kiba to find Kanako to not finding her is confusing. Kiba keep having PTSD flashbacks.
Aug 12, 2023 8:18 AM

Nov 2010
This episode gave me Kara no Shōjo vibes with missing limbs, hospitalization abduction scenes, a murderer that dismembers girls, etc. Not to mention the setting for that VN is also in the 1950s. And instead of a shell, it's a box. There are so many similarities between those works.

The serial killer and possible abductor have been revealed. He looks like the guy from Black Butler. He's the one who pushed Kanako into that train for some reason. He also keeps the heads of his victims. Interesting. Why did they show Tatsumi as being a killer? Hmm.
May 12, 2:14 AM

Aug 2019
Now her body parts are everywhere in town. That's some freaky stuff right there.
Aug 2, 7:52 AM

Jun 2008
Disturbing imagery, ptsd, dreams on mushrooms and... super soldiers?
Usual non-linear mess, but this time there seems to be some actual investigation talk to move the plot forward.

Amemiya disappearing right after Kanako is sus - and in fact it's his voice she's hearing ❓❓❓

watching, waiting, commiserating

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeathfireD - Jan 2, 2010

57 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 12 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 30, 2009

19 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 11 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 14, 2009

12 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 12, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 10 Discussion

Jacut - Jul 9, 2009

15 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 9, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 9 Discussion

hikky - Dec 24, 2008

20 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 8, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.