Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 10, 3:44 AM
Nov 2015
it's really a huge surprise a gacha game can make anime this good again like pikone princess connect re dive.

move hi quality gacha game anime pliz :3

but WHY THE MC " Sensei" NOT FEMALE LIKE THE GAME THOOOOOO ????????????????????????????????, i hope this not impact anything to the story or is this alternate universe ?
redcobraApr 10, 3:52 AM
Apr 10, 3:45 AM
Nov 2015
Reply to RetiredUser
is the game good? i feel like I should try it. episode was nice
@RetiredUser

yeah cute funny story slice of life with serious twist related to guns & war crime meme.
redcobraApr 10, 3:54 AM
Apr 10, 5:37 AM
Nov 2015
for anyone don't know the plot of the story :
1. school equal to a country.
2. student counchil president = president that put law and order that " currently missing " because trying to creating peace treaty for each schools.
3. why no bullet wound and bloody = those big magic halo protect them from any injury, so bullets equal to punching people " REALLY HARD".

yes it's a world that the goverment is a schools with free guns law & war crime.
redcobraApr 10, 5:44 AM
Apr 10, 7:43 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to haku_mccvi
*HERE'S A PERSON WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED THE GAME*.

Well, I want to start by saying that I know Blue Archive from Fanarts and illustrations on Pixiv and Twitter (now X) since about 2 years ago.
So basically I come to watch the anime because I want to see the cute girls from the game animated, I really like their designs and I find them very cute.
Although my taste for Blue Archive is superficial, I'm also interested in knowing its lore, the reason why I haven't played the game is because of lack of time and another reason is because the game is not in Spanish (Spanish is my native language and my level of English is not very high, so I'm too lazy to translate).
So watching the anime for me is the best way to learn about the story, however, like other comments here, I'm a little lost, I hope that as the anime progresses everything becomes clearer, so I have no problem with that in this first episode.

On the other hand, the dialogue at the end when Sensei asks them "Why do you want to take care of the school? "and Shiroko answers "Because we belong to Abydos", I found it silly and forced - but who cares, it's an anime about cute girls with guns hahahaha -, I like to think that this dialogue makes more sense in the game because there is a background that the anime hasn't told us yet, if in future episodes there are dialogues like that I hope that at least there is some background and that there is an intention to let the viewers know why the characters say that.

I'm not very critical with the animation in anime because.... I don't have a good eye for that hahaha, even so I think the animation is fluid, cute and meets the expectations I had, although the opening animation looks much better.

As for the voices, I didn't imagine Shiroko's voice to be like that but I liked it, the rest of the voices are as expected for cute girls, the same for Sensei, he has a very youthful voice, but I loved that in some frames he really looks like the scribbled Sensei, he gives me that impression hahaha.

Even though I'm a big fan of the girls, I've given it a 5/10 so far, as it progresses maybe I'll bump it up to a 7, but I don't think this anime deserves more than a 7, even being a Blue Archive player/fan I wouldn't give it more than an 8.

Anyway, as I said, I liked the first episode, I'll watch the anime until the end just because I want to know more about the world of Blue Archive (and obviously because of the cute girls), I hope to see my favorite characters on screen soon, but also that the story gets more interesting.

PS: It's been a bit annoying to enter the forum and find comments from accounts that look like bots, I hope it's just this once, I wouldn't like to see the forum flooded with more comments like that.... I understand that they love Blue Archive, but it's okay to calm down a little and put your feet on the ground and be a little objective.
@haku_mccvi I'm in roughly the same position as you. Haven't played or read Blue Archive.
I'll even agree with you on the dialogue where Sensei asks, mid-battle, why they're fighting to protect the school. I get that he's trying to motivate them, but the way it's written just feels out of place.

Art and sound are pretty nice. A lot of talk and dumping info about the world this episode, but at least it gets enough info across for the time it takes doing that.

Was really strange seeing them use guns and not sustain more severe injuries, but it's like the guns are less powerful than paintball guns to them. Had to read this forum to find out it's because their bodies are just fairly bullet-resistant. Maybe only about as outlandish as sensha-do from Girls und Panzer.

Really bad shooting accuracy though for a society where guns this long are just normally carried around.

The start of the episode seems to allude to an alternate timeline with some sort of bad ending. (Reminds me, Princess Connect had something kind of like that further on.)
Apr 10, 7:50 AM

May 2010
What a let down. Don't think I'll last.
Apr 10, 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
Hoshino is cute and funny. ^^

watched it from beginning to end. Feels like a standard harem anime.

DROPPED, not really in the mood for this kind of show.
Liddo-kunApr 10, 11:48 PM
Apr 10, 9:32 AM
Feb 2021
Rewatched some parts of the episode, it's neat to see some easter eggs.
Mikey-ThrillerApr 10, 9:37 AM
Apr 10, 10:35 AM

Mar 2008
The subs are awful. How has this show of all things not been picked up for licensing.
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Mar 2016
Aside from skipping the prolouge. It's been pretty faithful so far with the world building and stuff. Needs some work on gunfights scenes where the fight with Katakata helmet gang is a bit wierd and sensei's dialouge is too out of place. but the rest is alright.

Love the OP tho
RandodoxApr 10, 1:11 PM
Apr 10, 3:34 PM
Jul 2020
it was cool but confusing. smh my head
Apr 10, 4:22 PM

Feb 2008
The girls are cute as expected...but cmon, could they really not make the sensei at least half way competent? His game changing advice after he joind was, and I quote:
"Nanami, fire at them"
"Serika, aim"
"Shiroko, finish them off"
Sooooo, you telling me that the girls couldn't figure out to aim and fire their guns on their own. Truely we would all be lost without his strategic genious. XD
Apr 11, 12:01 AM

Apr 2010
Wow they did a fantastic job of bringing the game elements to life. The scenes in the OP with Arona are so cool. They really made this for the fans and it shows.
Apr 11, 2:51 AM

Nov 2017
I started watching the anime with English subtitles (so far, isn't available in Original Version Subtitled in French) at the same time as playing the game and so far, the animation and character design are incredibly beautiful, smooth, clear, and dynamic (I really hope to see Genshin Impact at this quality!). The story is also very captivating! Promising for the future. Since I started the game parallel to the anime, I'm going to try something I've never done before: to follow the evolution of the story in the game and in the anime simultaneously! It should be an interesting experience and I'm curious to see how it will influence my perception of the story and the characters.
Apr 11, 5:33 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Revillo_Phoenix
The girls are cute as expected...but cmon, could they really not make the sensei at least half way competent? His game changing advice after he joind was, and I quote:
"Nanami, fire at them"
"Serika, aim"
"Shiroko, finish them off"
Sooooo, you telling me that the girls couldn't figure out to aim and fire their guns on their own. Truely we would all be lost without his strategic genious. XD
@Revillo_Phoenix honestly, I think he did alright in a way of game to anime adaptation, it's more loyal to the gameplay as if the girls were lost fighting on Auto mode, that's why the Sensei guide uses the "EX skill" of the girls after giving some words of encouragement when they thought everything was lost, like some kind of team coach.
Mikey-ThrillerApr 11, 5:39 AM
Apr 11, 7:47 AM

Feb 2011
what the hell was that garbage?

random gun fights against robots? the guns don't even kill when they hit?

What's with the halos? why is the world covered in sand?

WHY do two of the girls have TWO SETS of ears?? that's one of my biggest pet peeves

that was an absolutely awful tier first episode. Zero world building, zero explanations for anything.

The girls are cute but what the hell is the plot? Protect a giant school with only 5 girls left in it? why

it wasn't just bad, it irritated me the entire episode like a bug bite that couldn't be reached. The animation was great, and the op/Ed was good. So much was actually high quality but the plot is a dumpster fire. 3/10

Apr 11, 8:09 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Scootboi

WHY do two of the girls have TWO SETS of ears?? that's one of my biggest pet peeves

that was an absolutely awful tier first episode. Zero world building, zero explanations for anything.

The girls are cute but what the hell is the plot? Protect a giant school with only 5 girls left in it? why

it wasn't just bad, it irritated me the entire episode like a bug bite that couldn't be reached. The animation was great, and the op/Ed was good. So much was actually high quality but the plot is a dumpster fire. 3/10
@Scootboi wrong its 10/10 masterpiece
Apr 11, 10:02 AM
Jul 2023
Blue Archive I got better results than I expected, the music, animation and drawings were very nice, the story and the event cycle were very fast and understandable. my current score is 10, but I will look at the next episodes.
Apr 11, 10:32 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi Rubbish? That's because you don't play the game so you don't know anything. If you already know that it's rubbish, why are you still watching it?! There are many anime that are much better than this anime. This anime got a rating of more than 7 because some normal people already know the storyline in the Blue Archive game. Unless the anime storyline is very different from the game storyline, that's everyone's question. 🀭🀣
Apr 11, 11:09 AM

May 2020
Don't know what to think about this, but might as well watch this to the end. Have not played the game, but i only remember liking Rio Tsukatsuki character design. Don't know much about this and maybe after the anime i might download the game.
Apr 11, 11:38 AM
Apr 2017
Why they shoot and nothing happens? This could be dangerous for a kid watching. its really weird not seeing any reaction after the enemy shoots.
Apr 11, 11:53 AM

Jan 2018
I just checked out of curiosity, but man Blue Archive fans are eating good this season
sezbian lex
Apr 11, 11:42 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to rioherdian25
@Scootboi Rubbish? That's because you don't play the game so you don't know anything. If you already know that it's rubbish, why are you still watching it?! There are many anime that are much better than this anime. This anime got a rating of more than 7 because some normal people already know the storyline in the Blue Archive game. Unless the anime storyline is very different from the game storyline, that's everyone's question. 🀭🀣
@rioherdian25 let me do some work for you

school is called ABYDOS ---> EGYPT + SAND WOLF ----> WHAT IS WOLF PERSON IN EGYPT CULTURE ---> ANUBIS
shiroko is suna okami ----> SAND WOLF
hoshino shield is IRON HORUS ----> EGYPT AGAIN
think more
Seeker1995Apr 11, 11:48 PM
Apr 11, 11:49 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi because anime is for fans and not for tourists.
Apr 12, 12:48 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to banka_banka
@Scootboi because anime is for fans and not for tourists.
@banka_banka check out my list, I ain't no tourist.
this was just trash

Apr 12, 2:34 AM

Oct 2008
what's-up with those multi-colored different styled halos?
also why are there so many h-doujins of this? looks like BA is really high revenue on japan huh..
and where is THICC asuna ichinose??? hmmmm...
5/5.

Apr 12, 5:59 AM
Sep 2020
Very-very nice graphics and funny story line
Apr 12, 6:05 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi weapons don't kill, that's normal, that will be explained later, the cat ears are just pure decoration,

you just didn't understand anything about what you were watching, (even if the anime doesn't explain much yet but it shouldn't be long)
Apr 12, 12:51 PM

Jul 2008
Good kick, will keep watching. But I also want to know wtf is going on, so some explanations next episode please.

Apr 12, 1:04 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to skyUFO
Good kick, will keep watching. But I also want to know wtf is going on, so some explanations next episode please.

@skyUFO yes really need.
Apr 12, 4:33 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to Mikey-Thriller
@Revillo_Phoenix honestly, I think he did alright in a way of game to anime adaptation, it's more loyal to the gameplay as if the girls were lost fighting on Auto mode, that's why the Sensei guide uses the "EX skill" of the girls after giving some words of encouragement when they thought everything was lost, like some kind of team coach.
@Mikey-Thriller But the words he say don't really mean anything, they were already firing at the enemy and he just told them to do more of that and it somehow magically worked now. He doesn't actually say anything to Nanami to fire at the round to kick up dust to block enemy vision. If he did say that then I wouldn't complain, but he doesn't, Nanami just figures it out on her own is my issue. He added nothing.
Apr 12, 11:15 PM

Jan 2015
I really wasn't expecting the anime to start the way it did.
I hope it's a sign of the scope they're going for. I've been craving for an ACTUALLY GOOD, faithful adaptation to a freaking gacha game's story. I swear it's always underwhelming.
Please change that, Blue Archive.
Apr 13, 7:46 AM
Aug 2020
Not fan of the 3 D but the feelings were reel and interesting…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 13, 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
I'm biased. I play the game actively since it's initial release in JP (I abandoned JP and hopped over to Global when it launched there).
The Ani-One Asia version's subs were hot garbage. Often it didn't even make sense compared to what they were actually saying.

I think it's very unfortunate how it's being aired and the quality of the subs themselves. It won't leave a good impression in the west like this. Especially, because there is already a negative view for it here about the game from memes and such.
Then there is the usual gacha story sickness: the early story is just not that good. It's still better when compared to the early story of many other games, but it's still kind of a sleep part.
I hope they won't stop with just Volume 1 despite how they launched and go on.

The quality itself was decent. But I noticed the same problem that was present in Arknights S1. That when there is talk midfight (Sensei tries to motivate the Abydos girls) the enemy just stands around doing nothing. It wouldn't have been hard to just make them sit in cover with some shot hitting nearby every once in a while. It could've been executed so much better.
Aside from these, I didn't really see much problems with the episode.
Apr 14, 7:48 AM
Apr 2021
The Opening is the best of the last ones that came out. The Truly GOAT
Apr 14, 8:36 AM
Feb 2021
Curious to see there was more prologue shots on episode 2 than the first one.
Apr 14, 10:45 AM

Oct 2018
Blue Archive animation, pretty interesting and in fact, this marks the first time we get to meet Sensei full appearance (literally in ragged and dirty clothing, what kind of first debut moment is this XD)

Time to keep going, I’ve been following the game since 2 years when it was first released!
Forum set made by Nate
Apr 15, 12:47 PM
Mar 2014
Never played the game before, and know nothing about it. Pretty nice first episode tho, I was immediately intrigued by what sort of post-apocalyptic world and society they live in. The girls are super cute, and guns too? Peak combination
Apr 15, 11:39 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Friddan
I'm biased. I play the game actively since it's initial release in JP (I abandoned JP and hopped over to Global when it launched there).
The Ani-One Asia version's subs were hot garbage. Often it didn't even make sense compared to what they were actually saying.

I think it's very unfortunate how it's being aired and the quality of the subs themselves. It won't leave a good impression in the west like this. Especially, because there is already a negative view for it here about the game from memes and such.
Then there is the usual gacha story sickness: the early story is just not that good. It's still better when compared to the early story of many other games, but it's still kind of a sleep part.
I hope they won't stop with just Volume 1 despite how they launched and go on.

The quality itself was decent. But I noticed the same problem that was present in Arknights S1. That when there is talk midfight (Sensei tries to motivate the Abydos girls) the enemy just stands around doing nothing. It wouldn't have been hard to just make them sit in cover with some shot hitting nearby every once in a while. It could've been executed so much better.
Aside from these, I didn't really see much problems with the episode.
@Friddan Kaleido-subs will save us

(Full disclosure I'm doing the timing for them so I am a bit biased lmao)
Apr 23, 7:28 AM

Dec 2016
Tiau said:
The very beginning of dragonball has Goku getting shot by Bulma, picking up her car and being able to jump across a pit and so on all in the first episode. The entire point of it was that Goku wasn't normal from the start, he got stronger over time yes but he was always presented as abnormal and we don't know why

And again, like I said in my previous post there's a massive difference between a story with funny details that will be incorporated to the series in a more casual and unimportant manner, than another one that needs to make "Jazz hands" at the details that will build up for a convoluted and cheap plot twist later on.

I watched OG Dragon Ball along millions of people when it was released dubbed in my country in our language. I seriously never saw a single soul scratching their heads off because Goku was able to lift up a car or deflect a bullet. Meanwhile on this cheap turd gacha adaptation you see plenty of people that aren't already brain washed by the videogame complaining by the lack of sense and dropping it like a sack of rotten potatoes. Dragon Ball was a massive success for many reasons aside being very straight forward. This one, it's already a massive flop only being defended by the most dumb fans that will die for a a cheap franchise.

KimurahApr 23, 7:32 AM
Apr 23, 8:16 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Kimurah
Tiau said:
The very beginning of dragonball has Goku getting shot by Bulma, picking up her car and being able to jump across a pit and so on all in the first episode. The entire point of it was that Goku wasn't normal from the start, he got stronger over time yes but he was always presented as abnormal and we don't know why

And again, like I said in my previous post there's a massive difference between a story with funny details that will be incorporated to the series in a more casual and unimportant manner, than another one that needs to make "Jazz hands" at the details that will build up for a convoluted and cheap plot twist later on.

I watched OG Dragon Ball along millions of people when it was released dubbed in my country in our language. I seriously never saw a single soul scratching their heads off because Goku was able to lift up a car or deflect a bullet. Meanwhile on this cheap turd gacha adaptation you see plenty of people that aren't already brain washed by the videogame complaining by the lack of sense and dropping it like a sack of rotten potatoes. Dragon Ball was a massive success for many reasons aside being very straight forward. This one, it's already a massive flop only being defended by the most dumb fans that will die for a a cheap franchise.

@Kimurah I've never seen someone seethe this much on MyAnimeList.
Apr 24, 1:07 PM

Sep 2021
The Sensei was pretty much useless in my opinion. Just telling the girls to aim and attack and all of a sudden the tide is turned lol (truly impressive tactics by Sensei). The part where he suddenly appears to ask them why do they fight to protect the school in the middle of the fight is especially cringey...
May 2, 6:27 PM

Aug 2020
Why is there Volume F stuff in here? There's no way they can adapt that far in 12 episodes... Feels kinda weird to tease stuff that will only happen in sequels that might not ever see the light of day...
May 23, 5:44 PM
Jan 2009

Official english subs are out (region locked)
Jun 24, 5:26 PM
Mar 2024
Animation was alright. I've read the story on the videogame so I knew what was coming but if I was a new enjoyer then I would be quite confused. I wasn't pleased nor disappointed.
Jun 24, 5:26 PM
Mar 2024
Animation was alright. I've read the story on the videogame so I knew what was coming but if I was a new enjoyer then I would be quite confused. I wasn't pleased nor disappointed.
Jun 24, 5:27 PM
Mar 2024
Jul 3, 8:07 PM

Apr 2023
I'M GONNA....

I'M GONNA...

I'M GONNA UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jul 5, 4:50 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Ah really basically from a game that a dude having his harem things and became the powerful sole being that help the other girl with nothing but only some Instruction
Jul 5, 1:19 PM
Dec 2019
Why is there no Asuna in this anime
Aug 18, 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
Straightforward port of the first chapters of the game. I guess?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 23

67 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

25 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Xanek - May 26

24 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.