Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 9:29 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the end part is the alternate epilogue...

Feels like a feel-trip.
Jan 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
That was really sad. And maybe analogous to future events like

And so the time travel arc is finished. That was overall pretty cool. I like how it developed Ryo and Akira further and the stories themselves were interesting. I was taken aback by the "Ryo can't kill animals" line though, he stabbed hippies in cold blood! But perhaps
He also seemed to care for Tianna with his tears upon seeing her death.

An interesting note is we never saw a demon in this chapter. The demons were completely in the hearts of the cavalry. The most devilish thing was the look in Custer's eyes... The cavalry didn't exclaim "it's Amon", but "it's a devil". I think this means they were all humans led by one demon. Or perhaps.. the demon was purely symbolic in Custer's heart this time.

Speaking of that, we saw Adolf Hitler be influenced by a devil and a horrible human, not become one himself. Shin Devilman really starts to lay out the theme of humans having the capability of becoming the real demons.

Ryo confirmed gay as hell.

I'm torn on what to rate this. It's art was incredible and the stand alone stories were interesting and added to the world and the characters in small ways. Plus thematically it was pretty great. As a part of Devilman (where I read it between vol 2 & 3) I'm thinking I shall give it a 7.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsJan 14, 2019 1:01 AM
Feb 9, 2021 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
i wish I could go back in time and prevent him from ever making that hitler chapter
Apr 19, 2021 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
spiritofoklahoma said:
i wish I could go back in time and prevent him from ever making that hitler chapter

I would go back further in time to stop you from stopping him from ever making the hitler chapter
Apr 20, 2021 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
PureStone said:
spiritofoklahoma said:

I would go back further in time to stop you from stopping him from ever making the hitler chapter
And I would go back further to stop you from stopping me from stopping him from making that Hitler chapter. It was really cringe and unnecessary and needless!
Apr 20, 2021 2:50 AM

Nov 2012
spiritofoklahoma said:
PureStone said:

And I would go back further to stop you from stopping me from stopping him from making that Hitler chapter. It was really cringe and unnecessary and needless!

Keep going back further guys! A bit more, and you'll reach the time of previous earth getting destroyed and turned into the moon.
Jun 29, 2021 9:55 PM

Feb 2020
funny read I guess but that Hitler chapter was gross, the Jewish guys were deadass caricatures.

also since it said that it was Ryo unknowingly traveling them back in time...like, why? just for more time with his bf? lmfao

the part with Nike was so fucking funny, Ryo killed Akira's waifu twice like it was nothing. absolute savage
ponpokorinJun 29, 2021 10:01 PM
Mar 24, 1:51 PM

May 2010
I honestly didn't expect to see Hitler villain origin story while reading shounen manga about demons lol. The other chapters were decent I guess, but it's on a completely different level compared to the original series. I'm guessing Nagai just really dig the idea of time travel and wanted to make his characters visit different timelines but from narrative point it's just not really well put together. Feels weird and out of place. 6/10

Also, Ryo gay!!
May 8, 12:09 PM

Oct 2010
this reminded me that miki is so damn hot

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Devilman Chapter 2 Discussion

The_Lawmaker - Nov 21, 2023

0 by The_Lawmaker »»
Nov 21, 2023 1:26 AM

Poll: » Shin Devilman Chapter 1 Discussion

Wiziliz - Jan 24, 2018

3 by Protocultured »»
Aug 16, 2022 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shin Devilman Chapter 4 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Jan 11, 2019

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Jan 11, 2019 9:54 PM

Poll: » Shin Devilman Chapter 3 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Jan 10, 2019

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Jan 10, 2019 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.