Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2023 7:36 PM

Jul 2011
Was great episode, many performances, a little equipment drama. Pure Idolm@ster.

When the equipment short-circuited, and they had to finish acapella, was just memories of the first season of that Chihaya performance.

Tsumugi and Kaori already having a solo song each.

The final song was good, but felt somewhat lacking a wow factor.

Dec 23, 2023 7:49 PM

Aug 2018
I've never been happier, this is easily my favorite episode in all of anime.

Every song and the visuals are all amazing and I almost collapsed when Tsumugi performed Ruriiro Kingyo to Hanashoubu as it is my favorite iDOLM@STER song and honestly just in general. Everything about that performance was just perfect I am still in awe after almost an hour with my smile that can't seem to fade away. Only thing I wished would've happened was them performing UNION!!.

I don't think I will ever have a different favorite anime after this. I remember when this anime was first announced and I was so happy (also made the first forum thread on here back then), time flew by so quickly since then and now it's all over. Probably will never happen but I am wishing for another season.
Dec 23, 2023 8:05 PM

May 2018
Last episode. It's sad that this anime is now over. Hope for Season 2 to be added

Great performance overall, but I feel that something is kind of missing at the end of the performance. Idk
But overall, Really good episode. Glad that I watch miriani, one of the best anime that I watched

Also...

After that equipment problem... Well, this scene hits me, and even harder because Anna was there :')
Kotomi & Nanami  Anna Mochizuki 
Dec 23, 2023 8:44 PM
Apr 2013
EP 12

I actually thought they were gonna skip the op for this ep but apparently not
Would actually have been interesting to see them perform it on stage but uhhh
At the same time I dunno

Well that 20 mins sure went by really fast
I was wondering what the ending song was but it really was brand new theater. Was kinda expecting them to perform it in the main show itself.

I do wonder though, are most people watching this actually new, or already idolmaster fans? Kinda strange since I'm like not really either but also both

So yeah idolmaster million live. I wont deny that I'm biased of course. The opening took awhile but it really caught on to me, I kinda hoped we would get an animated version of it. The youtube did post a few but uhm. I dunno?
As for the anime itself its really hard for me to say both good and bad things about it. I could easily criticize the anime, at the same time, the fact that I dont want to, obviously I am biased, but I feel like its a bit much considering they did ok I guess.

I'm just not entirely sure what to say since 39 girls is 39 girls. Of course the easily solution would be to have ordered another set of episodes, though I'm not quite sure what they would have done with 12 more.
Dec 23, 2023 9:13 PM
Nov 2011
Reply to BlichoBoy
Was great episode, many performances, a little equipment drama. Pure Idolm@ster.

When the equipment short-circuited, and they had to finish acapella, was just memories of the first season of that Chihaya performance.

Tsumugi and Kaori already having a solo song each.

The final song was good, but felt somewhat lacking a wow factor.

BlichoBoy said:

This takes me back to ML Act-3 Day 2 concert which I attended.

When Sentimental Venus was performed, they emulated what happened in this episode. I was actually prepared for it since I did watch the last 4 episode in the movie theater in Japan, but it was moving to hear people in the concert hall singing the last verse of the song.
Dec 23, 2023 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
Nice wrap-up episode. Now. let's wait for the second season.
btw, I really love the end credit where everyone was classified by their team.

The same ultra-orange energy
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 24, 2023 3:48 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Nork22
BlichoBoy said:

When Sentimental Venus was performed, they emulated what happened in this episode. I was actually prepared for it since I did watch the last 4 episode in the movie theater in Japan, but it was moving to hear people in the concert hall singing the last verse of the song.
Nork22 said:

And the equipment trouble is reproducing what actually happened in Million Live 2nd Live.

Look up Sentimental Venus on Youtube and you can see it in its full real life glory - it's even more moving than how the anime made it.

You only saw the Act 3 re-enactment - but I was actually there at Million Live 2nd live, heard the music drop out (it actually dropped twice - once was brief, the second time was when it completely stopped), and sang along with the other producers. When I saw Million Live at the theatres with all the flags leading up to this (sparks from the plug, Anna/Fuuka/Nao preparing to get on stage, the intro of Sentimental Venus being played) I braced myself for them easter-egging this historic moment in not just Million Live history but all of imas history (this incident is referred to by ML Producers as "The legendary Sentimental Venus"), and when they cut it off at the exact moment gasps could be heard in the theatre cos so many old time Producers knew this moment, it's hard to even put into words. So many producers shed tears for the handling of this moment, and for all of us old timers we knew that Million Live anime was made by people who loves Million Live because you cannot handle such a moment careless.
Dec 24, 2023 4:27 AM
Aug 2017
From the episode preview in ep 11, I thought it'd be the return of Kuroi hijacking things. However, it appears they must've hired him to build the sound system instead because it's useless lmao
Dec 24, 2023 7:41 AM

May 2011
For anyone who is interested in the origin of Sentimental Venus event, this guy has it compiled in yt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsOjWls771I

The anime officially ends today, as a producer who started their Idolm@ster journey from Million Live franchise. This anime holds a special meaning to me. The 10 year long waiting for it to be animated alongside all the loyal producers, I can safely say it did not disappoint at all. This anime holds a special place in all the producers I believe , especially to the ML franchise one. The amount of lore and content that got animated, the new songs, the OP and ED, the connection in between the 39 Idols, and their connection to the AS. Everything has been a feast.

The final episode was so good, I started crying the moment they reenacted the SV scene (flashbacks of 2nd live and ML act3-2) , actually no I started crying the episode before when Tsubatti started singing rocket star, but anyway, Yeah, solid Million/10 for me, hey I know I'm bias but coming from ML so do forgive me :kotohoops:
KievDec 24, 2023 9:06 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 24, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2018
I NEED A 2ND SEASON. Million Live was easily one of the best idol anime ever. I loved every second of it. Loved all the characters and need to see more of them in the anime. As I've said before, this was the best Idolm@ster anime since the OG Idolm@ster. It took so long for Million Live to get an anime and it delivered. I really hope they announce a 2nd season in the future.
ARK-13Dec 24, 2023 2:47 PM
Dec 25, 2023 2:18 AM

Feb 2016
THIS EPISODE WAS PEAK!
PEAK I TELL YOU!!!!!!!

EVERY SONG WAS AMAZING, THE CGI WAS NEXT-LEVEL, I ADORED EVERY SECOND OF THIS.

10/10 ONE OF THE BEST IDOL ANIMES WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!

THIS IS HOW A CROSS-GENERATION IDOL ANIME SHOULD BE MADE!!!

(I would react the same way if I saw Haruka-saaan 😭❤️)
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Dec 25, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2009
OH, retract my earlier episode thread's comment.

I guess they saved Team 5th's performance for last episode with a semi-full performance and not a cut-short right before it end scene.

And RIP the equipment... They tried their best, good thing they're in a indoor station where sounds bounces off the ceiling. It would be much harder to sing outdoors with no equipment support unless you literally SCREAM the entire time...

And they got the power back up right as the audience did the encore clap.

Then we go to Tsumugi that was the most nervous to give a powerful solo. And we also get more view of the Idomaster-world's AR Hologen tech, LOL.

Afterwards the tone literally changes from a powerful-quick solo to a slow-soft-to-high solo. Quite a change of tone.

And they put Team 8 as the last cause it's their Debut. Team 8 got the best debut since they debut on the main stage, where other teams had to debut elsewhere. Tho Team 8's stage is also the most simple, there's barely any special effects. But they ends with the other groups sing-along in the audience.

And the Cross-Gen TOTAL GROUP Photo was nice.
amlgDec 25, 2023 5:05 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 31, 2023 8:34 AM
Feb 2015
Yeh, even with the dramatic technical failure, the last song was somewhat lackluster 😂
Meanwhile Miki and Chihaya hearing the name of the song like "REFRAIN REL@TION"?........."REL@TION"............................"relations"! initial guitar riff plays from "relations" 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

The story in this iM@S is probably the most lacking compared to the other stories in the past but it was nice to see the humble beginnings of the theatre and a prequel to the game itself
But after all they are covering all 39 idols together which is the most considering OG had 13 of them, CG had 14 main selected idols, SideM had 19 main selected idols, U149 had 9 main selected idols
Million Live also only had 12 episodes unlike OG's 25 and CG's 24 so there is only so much background and plot they can add to specific idol's cases and really flesh out a lot of it, tho Mogami took up most of that aspect which was solved before the very end ahahah

Despite that I do really like the joint poster of each team tho with how they connect with each other as well as the numbers branching into each other too
The nice references at the end with songs they have done in the game already and we even got Shika and Leon making guest appearances too!

But now with Million Live finished, Shiny Colors is up next!
Curious about it because SC is the one I've never really interacted with much except see a few content here and there so it'll be exciting to see what happens!
Plus with it being the last iM@S anime in the recent pumped out trio...they better either make U149 season 2 and/or After20/Wild Wind Girl anime adaptation 👁👄👁
Dec 31, 2023 6:19 PM
Dec 2023
GREAT 3D ANIMATION!
GREAT CONCERT!
Jan 1, 11:07 AM

Mar 2014
Not bad but not as good I thought it would be
Jan 6, 1:46 PM
Mar 2022
A brilliant finale to an otherwise average show. It was so good seeing the All Stars once again, and Mirai and the gang really established themselves as characters to care about (some more than others)
Jan 9, 10:45 AM
Sep 2023
ILLUMI LUMI LUMI LUMI LUMI LUMI LUMINATION

Yes I didn't watch the last ep for like 2.5 weeks I hate finishing shows I like. I would've watched sooner if I knew we were getting 15 seconds of Festa Illumination. Seeing Mirai tear up had me misty-eyed too. I just love when characters are really passionate about performing. And I love Mirai, she's just so sweet her heart so big and "dehehe" is unbeatable. I love how Hinata only had like 3 lines in the whole show. Two about grandma's vegetables. And she would just be bobbing her head to the music and swaying side to side. No room for thoughts, head full of apple. Also Miya and her affinity for children and elders always makes me smile.

This was great. Just a big ol' concert. I love ML music. Seeing all the event posters at the end oh man.

I really feel like they could do a second season and I hope they do. Idk how successful this one has been, but I can hope. And I really want to see new costumes bc I kind of hate these ones. </3 There are a lot of girls and they all deserve their own special moments. Team 6th aside from Matsuri and Team 3rd aside from Kotoha got sidelined real hard. Heck, I'd go crazy for a low budget ONA like the cingeki ones. I just want to see my girls getting into shenanigans!

and Leon and Shika cameo??? the "our future is just beginning" line at the end? C'mon please.
Feb 8, 2:11 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Cute performances!
I just happened to post about this not knowing a good example would come up in idolmaster, but see, phantometal rappers in Paradox Live? You can just use holographic technology instead.

This was honestly quite nice! The 3D animation was actually really good and I never thought it took away from what was being expressed. I didn't think anything was too stiff. Everything flowed really well. It's of course really nice to see my waifu, Ritsuko make her little cameos too. <3 Nice story themes in this anime, gotta say. Overall, an enjoyable watch!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 14, 10:07 PM

Jan 2010
I swear, this anime tries to do way too much. They don't have the time to stir up drama about technical issues with the performance or live cancellations. They literally don't have the time to have drama. If the anime wants to have its performance, I want it to just go all out and dedicate all the time it has available to performing. Also, if people wanted to see these songs animated, they could have just watched the game MVs. I want the anime to show me things I can't see, such as new camera views, perspectives from the audience seats, insights from the characters, stories surrounding the performance, just anything.

I'm really not sure what else the anime could have done differently. To try and better focus the anime, instead of trying to balance the whole cast, a possible alternative could be following the main trio only with everyone else as background characters. However, that would only work if there was some expectation of future additional seasons. As of now, it really tried to do a little bit of everything, but without actually doing much of anything, while also trying to celebrate itself for doing so little. For the person who has known this franchise for years, this anime doesn't seem to give as much as it could have. For the person who knows nothing coming in, the anime doesn't seem to provide much to introduce each idol beyond their base gimmicks, if that. I don't think Tomoka had gotten more than 20 lines of dialogue, for instance. Miya barely has any screentime, and I don't think she's even gotten to highlight her cat gimmick. There was no explanation why Sayoko takes her glasses off before performances, nor anything about Elena's ethnicity. I'm sad that Emily never got a chance to weeb out over Tsumugi or Takane. It sucks that Ayumu never got to be in the same room as Makoto, or even say a single word to her.

Maybe it's because I wanted the Million Live anime to also be as grandiose as the anime seems to want. There's definitely a lot of ambition and love put into the franchise, but perhaps its announcement and preparations were too unfortunately timed with the beginning of covid. I still remember being there when the anime was first announced during on July 4th, 2020 live stream for Theater Days' 3rd anniversary. I still remember that incredible pop off and how social media exploded for a bit. I still remember how stifled it felt, as unfortunately the world was on lockdown, yet that moment, I saw everyone screaming in unison in joyous celebration. 3 years later, with a lot of memes and doomposting, the anime was finally airing. I don't begrudge its existence, nor do I particularly lament on things I wish it had, but I just wish that it could have been all the things I think it wanted to be.

Though, it's also possible that in retrospect, it's moments like the screenshot below that gets the the most sore. The anime knows there's so much more that could be done and shown, but it just can't get to them. It just really, really sucks. Where's the anime version of the Charlotte・Charlotte drama, or EScape? Where's ghost Reika, or time travelling idols? Where's Hanabi-dan or Star Elements? The greatest strength of Million Live, I feel, was their penchant for theater performances that led into songs built on the themes of the story. You'd have seiyuu voice acting characters, who are acting as other characters. We had shades of this during episode 8, and I wish there was more of that in the anime. I certainly had a wishlist of things I wanted, but I'm fine for what the anime is. I just really wish it could have been more than it was.

ShockedApr 14, 10:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Million Live! Episode 11 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Dec 16, 2023

10 by Shocked »»
Apr 14, 9:36 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Million Live! Episode 8 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Nov 25, 2023

15 by Shocked »»
Apr 13, 9:27 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Million Live! Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Nov 11, 2023

11 by Shocked »»
Apr 12, 10:00 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Million Live! Episode 5 Discussion

Boazanian - Nov 4, 2023

12 by Shocked »»
Apr 12, 9:25 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Million Live! Episode 4 Discussion

VioletRebellion - Oct 28, 2023

11 by Shocked »»
Apr 11, 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.