Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 10, 2022 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
So... the "whitening" incident was caused by the Church (old lady)

I wonder if all the past "major incidents" was also caused by the Church being stupid... which later gives the Church an excuse to kill Isekai people and find the ones that has "eternal youth" related powers they can use.

(cause only those with "eternal" powers are able to survive from being killed and send to the "hall")

___ ___ ___

Also... apparently Akari is Yandere... and her real (future) self is pretty much the same as the Church that would resort to anything, such as killing others or using others for her own benefit.

Another thing... since Akari's future memory is within her past self... does that mean Akari in the future did the rewind all the way back to her beginning? But somehow her memory stayed intact.... which sorta goes against when she first got stabbed and activated her power but does not have the memory of it... huh...

Seriously... Akari's pretty much an evil Subaru:Re:Zero...

She gone through so much Loop, she's also going the self-sacrificial route, where instead of trying to save everyone, she's trying to manipulate Menou into killing her so Menou doesn't end up dying by her master's hand.

(Which is funny, cause couldn't she just rewind the master instead, so the master doesn't end up killing Menou?... lol...)

___ ___ ___

Also, my theory on why Akari's time doesn't work on the "spacehusk" is cause "spacehusk" as they mentioned is meant to "bleach" everything, that includes Time.

Which adds to the above theory on the major incident caused by Church. Cause the Church somehow is able to capture a part of the "Spacehusk", this means just as the "whitening", the Isekai that had the "Spacehusk" was also manipulated into uncontrollable power and exploded and killed so the Church can capture and use their power anytime they want.

(just like the "salt sword" we've seen... that anyone could just pick it up and use it... such as the Church, aka Master Flare)
amlgMay 10, 2022 11:54 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 11, 2022 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
i didnt expect for Momo to become the most likable character, goes to show that a cliché obsessive characters can become likable if you can make us relate to them (and go all out with the edge)
what makes Momo special is her ability to hold back her feelings to not make Menou sad which is mature
May 11, 2022 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
Kuroka_Ren said:
So.. the thing that if "The Lost One uses their power continuously, they will gradually lose their control over it" was a lie? Because it seems Akari just used her concept of time more than I could've imagined.

Also, any reason why Akari keeps her memories sealed? Or it hasn't been revealed yet?

Sorry for my broken english, also TIA for the explanation.

for her sanity and hoping to introduce the element of chaos to get a good ending
May 11, 2022 6:15 PM

Feb 2017
amlg said:
So... the "whitening" incident was caused by the Church (old lady)

I wonder if all the past "major incidents" was also caused by the Church being stupid... which later gives the Church an excuse to kill Isekai people and find the ones that has "eternal youth" related powers they can use.

(cause only those with "eternal" powers are able to survive from being killed and send to the "hall")

___ ___ ___

Also... apparently Akari is Yandere... and her real (future) self is pretty much the same as the Church that would resort to anything, such as killing others or using others for her own benefit.

Another thing... since Akari's future memory is within her past self... does that mean Akari in the future did the rewind all the way back to her beginning? But somehow her memory stayed intact.... which sorta goes against when she first got stabbed and activated her power but does not have the memory of it... huh...

Seriously... Akari's pretty much an evil Subaru:Re:Zero...

She gone through so much Loop, she's also going the self-sacrificial route, where instead of trying to save everyone, she's trying to manipulate Menou into killing her so Menou doesn't end up dying by her master's hand.

(Which is funny, cause couldn't she just rewind the master instead, so the master doesn't end up killing Menou?... lol...)

___ ___ ___

Also, my theory on why Akari's time doesn't work on the "spacehusk" is cause "spacehusk" as they mentioned is meant to "bleach" everything, that includes Time.

Which adds to the above theory on the major incident caused by Church. Cause the Church somehow is able to capture a part of the "Spacehusk", this means just as the "whitening", the Isekai that had the "Spacehusk" was also manipulated into uncontrollable power and exploded and killed so the Church can capture and use their power anytime they want.

(just like the "salt sword" we've seen... that anyone could just pick it up and use it... such as the Church, aka Master Flare)

everytime the lost ones use their power,
they will gradually lose their sanity and memory until they become the embodiment of their respective concepts

the main reason the other 4 major could be subdued was thx to the white/ ivory girl,
you know the one who bleached the world including menou's hometown

apparently summoning the ivory girl was originally part of the chruch plans to halt the other 4 major calamities from worsening,
the pure concept of ivory has the abilities to steal or at least seal other concepts

archbishop orwell simply has gone astray due to old age, shes misused the pure concept of ivory for her own personal gain,
she even went out of her way using ivory to create the 3 primordial stones whatever

I highly doubt anyone could bring around and use the sword of salt as casually as flare lol
she's just too OP to the point not even awakened akari who's also OP doesnt even consider the possibility of defeating her
Lab_Rat_0978May 11, 2022 6:18 PM
May 11, 2022 9:59 PM
Deez

Jul 2021
This episode was awesome! I feel like this is an up and coming classic. The whole power in this series is really fun to watch, I love the stuff they did with time and what Momo could throw down.
May 11, 2022 9:59 PM
Deez

Jul 2021
This episode was awesome! I feel like this is an up and coming classic. The whole power in this series is really fun to watch, I love the stuff they did with time and what Momo could throw down.
May 12, 2022 7:24 AM
Sep 2017
I really want this to be the best isekai this season. I love me some female protagonist. Im getting sick of op male mc

May 13, 2022 3:04 PM

May 2015
Well the plot really thickens.

They went full Madoka Magica with the time stuff and one of the MCs began the story at a much earlier point than us. That scene of Menou dying was pretty sad.

I feel bad for Momo when her ribbons got destroyed.

Akari's future self must only come out at certain times so it's like Homura but if she had her innocent self and badass self stored away.

Well I'm glad to see the yuri is kicking strong with Akari constantly saying how much she loves Menou.

Honestly the show at this point is just Madoka Magica X Angels of Death. Time travel mixed with a promise to kill the other.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 15, 2022 7:35 PM

May 2012
many meduka vibez, wow
May 16, 2022 3:42 AM

Feb 2017
DarknessReality said:
Well the plot really thickens.

They went full Madoka Magica with the time stuff and one of the MCs began the story at a much earlier point than us. That scene of Menou dying was pretty sad.

I feel bad for Momo when her ribbons got destroyed.

Akari's future self must only come out at certain times so it's like Homura but if she had her innocent self and badass self stored away.

Well I'm glad to see the yuri is kicking strong with Akari constantly saying how much she loves Menou.

Honestly the show at this point is just Madoka Magica X Angels of Death. Time travel mixed with a promise to kill the other.

its a lot differnt than homura's situation tho

the only reason homura receives her time travel ability is due to madoka's death, cuz she gets killed by walpurgisnacht

thats why homura cant defeat walpurgisnacht no matter what,
its a paradox after all

in akari's case,

its all FLARE's fault
she's just too unstoppable for anyone (even for awakened akari) to handle

she always kills anyone who tries to protecc akari (the lost one)

so akari has no choice to die,
but menou doesnt want to kill her and akari only wants to be killed by menou

momo also cant escape death, cuz she tries to protecc menou who tries to protecc akari. iirc princess ashuna also dies, cuz she tries to protecc momo who tries to protecc menou who tries to protecc akari lol
Lab_Rat_0978May 16, 2022 8:35 PM
May 16, 2022 4:06 AM

Sep 2018
ThreadFazer said:
I really want this to be the best isekai this season. I love me some female protagonist. Im getting sick of op male mc

This already is the best isekai of the season.

I'm just terrified it will WEP the bed, but if the ending delivers it will be one of my top shows of the season too.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 16, 2022 11:30 AM

May 2015
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

momo also cant escape death, cuz she tries to protecc menou who tries to protecc akari. iirc princess ashuna also dies, cuz she tries to protecc momo who tries to protecc menou who tries to protecc akari lol

The protecting chain lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 19, 2022 12:01 AM

May 2020
Don't know why everyone's so obsessed with Menou, guess the main character syndrome at it again. And wait Akari did all of that so she can be killed by Menou and Menou alone, even leaping through all those time. Yeah very original plot point indeed.
May 19, 2022 3:39 PM

Feb 2017
Softhenic03 said:
Don't know why everyone's so obsessed with Menou, guess the main character syndrome at it again. And wait Akari did all of that so she can be killed by Menou and Menou alone, even leaping through all those time. Yeah very original plot point indeed.

its more like Akari wants to prevent Menou from getting killed by Flare cuz Menou fails to do her job as an Executioner

Akari is an amateur at hand to hand combat and she cant use her TimeHax to overwhelm Flare either,
its a literal dead end

as its showcased in this episode when Menou became Salt and when Akari's was unable to stop Ivory(White),
apparently even in [her Awakened Mode] Akari still cant do anything to Ivory and Salt. FYI the Sword of Salt and Ivory(White) looking Mud (the one Orwell used) are 2 Different Things, theyre not the same concepts. Especially the texture. Salt looks like Sand, Ivory is obviously a White looking Mud
Lab_Rat_0978May 19, 2022 4:09 PM
May 20, 2022 12:32 AM

Nov 2009
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

as its showcased in this episode when Menou became Salt and when Akari's was unable to stop Ivory(White),
apparently even in [her Awakened Mode] Akari still cant do anything to Ivory and Salt. FYI the Sword of Salt and Ivory(White) looking Mud (the one Orwell used) are 2 Different Things, theyre not the same concepts. Especially the texture. Salt looks like Sand, Ivory is obviously a White looking Mud

Yea, it's quite weird how she can't do anything against the other concepts.

Tho... she technically did "win" against the other concepts...

Cause otherwise the first instance of her getting swallowed by Ivory should be the end. Yet... she somehow still rewinded time and prevented herself from being swallowed by Ivory. (cause there's always a "first" that happens, otherwise the "awakened" Akari would never have know she has to escape from the Ivory at that time, cause it happened once and she retained the memory of it happening.)

The same for Salt, while she can't reverse salt on Menou, she still rewinded time to the beginning and start her plans to prevent Menou from being killed by Flare.

By rewinding herself, she also rewinded back to a time when Menou isn't salt. Thus technically defeating Salt.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 20, 2022 2:42 AM

Feb 2017
amlg said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

Yea, it's quite weird how she can't do anything against the other concepts.

Tho... she technically did "win" against the other concepts...

Cause otherwise the first instance of her getting swallowed by Ivory should be the end. Yet... she somehow still rewinded time and prevented herself from being swallowed by Ivory. (cause there's always a "first" that happens, otherwise the "awakened" Akari would never have know she has to escape from the Ivory at that time, cause it happened once and she retained the memory of it happening.)

The same for Salt, while she can't reverse salt on Menou, she still rewinded time to the beginning and start her plans to prevent Menou from being killed by Flare.

By rewinding herself, she also rewinded back to a time when Menou isn't salt. Thus technically defeating Salt.

myb thats the reason why Flare called Akari an "incomplete pure concept of time"?

she's indeed "awakened" but not completely yet?

btw Akari used TimeHax before the Sword of Salt touched her precious Boobalicious, she did defeat it but in "a roundabout way"

or myb Ivory and Salt did touch Akari's fabulous Boobalicious once or twice butt she didnt get insta-killed and managed to activate TimeHax before she's dead for real?

from we've seen so far, neither Ivory nor Salt ever touched her sacred Boobalicious
Lab_Rat_0978May 20, 2022 3:32 AM
May 21, 2022 3:40 PM

Sep 2016
That was SO good! True(?) Akari is actually legit scary.

Also, somehow the battle hungry princess ended up the least insane character so far. lmfao
May 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Mar 2018
It seems like future-Akari knows the Ins and Outs of this story, but is withholding information to her past self. Interesting.
May 25, 2022 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
The episode was extremely nice and well.. But my biggest problem was the use of Sound effects..

Especially for Akari time loop/jump abality.. David Production uses some top notch sound effects eg: Dio's "The World".. or fire force tension sound..

They really outta make some cool ass sound for when Akari uses ability to make us feel the deph of her power..
Jun 22, 2022 4:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The overall battle was really good like Momo's going berserk over her yandere side when she lost the ribbon or just the team battle mind-Akari x Menou against Orwell which was pretty epic and it looks like Akari's power is even more OP than I thought since she's also transmitting memories of the future to her past self so she knows everything about Menou it looks like, very interesting episode overall.
Jun 25, 2022 1:08 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao Akari really temporarily woke up as her other self just to delete Momo's ribbons, that's some next level petty. Menou must be (un)lucky having two yandere's that love her

Jun 25, 2022 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
That Orwell deserves for what She did after 10 years.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 1, 2022 7:56 PM
Dec 2020
pure concept Akari look like Kurumi from date a live
Jul 8, 2022 3:22 PM

Jan 2020
I haven't said anything about it, until now, but referring to Menou as "Flarette" is utterly ridiculous. They should've chosen an analogy that better plays off flare: spark, kindling, tinder -- to name a few. Almost anything would be less obscure than Flarette.

The Faust dun goofed. They underestimated Akari's yuri powers.

Never able to stop it eh?

I will also mention that I was a bit disappointed with Momo's voice actor in this episode. For as intense as she was meant to come off, there wasn't much desperation in her fury. There was a clear disconnect between what was happening on screen and how it was being presented. And, to that end, I do feel as though this series is cutting corners a bit on the fighting scenes. Between Momo's flurry of punches, to Menou taking out Orwell with a beam attack, I feel like they aren't embracing their own concept of "Etheric" as much as they could be -- they aren't doing something that is uniquely their own.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 12, 2022 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
That was honestly quite a nice twist. I'm really curious to see where this goes but I like the fact that Akari is playing a big part in whats happening.
Aug 27, 2022 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
Subpar suspense and intensity, sucks all the life from the show
Aug 27, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
oh wow a very funy and unique plot of anime. TIME!!!! Just how powerful is she? Damn! Like a time god
Sep 12, 2022 2:10 PM
Apr 2016
loaded episode. with a really intriguing and unique concept of blowing your memories out.
Sep 26, 2022 4:24 PM
Jan 2022
Very ok episode my guys
Jan 9, 2023 11:53 PM
Jan 2023
Holy shit, this one blew my fucking mind.
Mar 6, 2023 7:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So I’m about half way through this now despite the fact I accidentally stopped watching it for two months, and man it just keeps getting more interesting every episode, but with this halfway point some very wild plot revelations occurred. As it was hinted at during the train arc Akari is in fact resetting time and trying different methods of succeeding, and it was revealed here that she’s doing it for the sake of being killed by Menou lol, only in anime will you see plots like this, but it’s just crazy enough for me to be into it.

I also enjoyed the unhinged Momo we saw in this one, she’s been a fun character up to this point and taking the training wheels off (ribbons in this case lol) made her even more of a delight to watch in action. And defeating Orwell by rapidly aging her to wood pretty much is fitting giving her plans to become younger lol, glad she’s gone now and I’m guessing from the OP there’s some more villains to come, with that and these new Akari revelations I’m really excited to watch the rest of this. And I just want to mention again how amazing the OP and ED are, they’re both absolutely top tier.
Oct 3, 2023 6:54 AM

May 2020
Welp,

Akemi Homura is my favorite female character in anime so this episode is easily the best for me!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 16, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Well this was something else of an episode really
Feb 3, 6:27 AM
Dec 2023
I absolutely loathed isekai and hated every second of every scene if I'm being made to watch any. Eye-rolls guaranteed. Checked this one out because of its infamous right turn in the pilot on arguably one of the stalest genre of anime there is.

Great concept, definitely wasn't terrible as the rating suggests, but was truly pulling its feet for the first 5 episodes, until this one.

No idea what any of the magic mumbo jumbo meant but it doesn't matter to me, pretty fun to watch up to this point.
Apr 5, 12:36 PM
Jun 2012
See this is where my assassin in another world anime went.

Smol Noviate lobbing mini-nukes. Throwing tantrums about her hair being messed with. And, let's not forget passing the fuck out after she domes a m'fker.

Classic happyu anime things. Just what we need in the world today.
Jun 6, 7:09 AM

Dec 2020
Probably the most interesting ep.
And so it's going to be a time travel show.
Seems like akari has time traveled who knows how many times and has become extremely powerful.
Aug 9, 6:15 PM
Sep 2019
That revelation was ultra gay, like mega lesbian energy across space and time (a good thing)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

108 by Muow »»
Jun 5, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.