Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Risou no Himo Seikatsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Dec 14, 2023 1:16 PM

Aug 2019
The official X (formerly Twitter) account of Hero Bunko announced on Friday an anime adaptation of Tsunehiko Watanabe's Risou no Himo Seikatsu (The Ideal Sponger Life) light novel.

Watanabe began penning the romance fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in June 2011. Shufunotomo acquired the novel and published the first volume under its Hero Bunko imprint in September 2012, featuring illustrations by Juu Ayakura (Ookami to Koushinryou). The 14th volume went on sale in September 2021, while the 15th volume (pictured) is scheduled to be released on December 28. The light novel and manga have a cumulative 4.7 million copies of their volumes in circulation.

Neko Hinotsuki began drawing a manga adaptation in Young Ace magazine in February 2017. Kadokawa shipped the 18th volume on September 4.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel for digital release in English in November 2020, while Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in English in March 2018. The 14th light novel and manga volumes went on sale on November 23 and August 22, respectively.

Synopsis
Yamai Zenjirou is your everyday office worker in modern Japan. One morning, he suddenly finds himself summoned to a tropical world where dinosaurs roam the land. He is told that this is the kingdom of Capua and the person who summoned him - its monarch, Queen Aura - wants him to marry her and leave his old life behind for a life of carefree extravagance as her prince consort. The reasons for her offer are many and varied, but she needs an heir, and she wants him to be the one to provide it!

If he accepts, he'll never have to work again, lazing around in luxury with no worries other than securing the kingdom its next monarch. Certainly, sleeping with the buxom beauty is far from a hardship, but is everything really as it seems? He'll also need to give up everything he knows on Earth. Is he ready to drop it all at a moment's notice for her sake? And how well will he be able to navigate the politics, people and culture of this new world if he does? (Source: J-Novel Club)

Novel special site: https://herobunko.com/books/hero02/
Manga special site: https://web-ace.jp/youngace/contents/219/

Source: Hero Bunko on X (Twitter)

Risou no Himo Seikatsu on MAL
VindstotDec 14, 2023 9:45 PM
Dec 14, 2023 2:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Saw isekai and rolled my eyes, "here comes and guy w short black hair being OP", but ngl, this actually sounds interesting

Plus boobs
Dec 14, 2023 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
I expected for this to get an anime eventually.
Dec 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
Saw isekai and rolled my eyes, "here comes and guy w short black hair being OP", but ngl, this actually sounds interesting

Plus boobs
@EcchiGodMamster Hes not op at all, hes the other way
Dec 14, 2023 3:55 PM
Apr 2020
The synopsis makes this look bad, but I guarantee the Manga delves pretty deep into diplomacy and the world while having a decent relationship development between the 2 main characters. + I really enjoy the middle eastern fantasy setting
Dec 14, 2023 4:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Knighthammer619
@EcchiGodMamster Hes not op at all, hes the other way
@Knighthammer619

thats actually what i was saying... lol
Dec 14, 2023 5:03 PM

Apr 2020
The synopsis reminds me of " How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom " , we may or may not get something similar , but I don't care as long as the protagonist ends up with Aura .

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

Dec 14, 2023 5:23 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Xmushroom
The synopsis makes this look bad, but I guarantee the Manga delves pretty deep into diplomacy and the world while having a decent relationship development between the 2 main characters. + I really enjoy the middle eastern fantasy setting
@Xmushroom
I need you to spoil something , will the Mc Zenjirou and Queen Aura develope a genuine romantic relationship between them ?

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”

Dec 14, 2023 7:46 PM

Apr 2012
What is the queen's character archetype? Is there a reason why she looks like gyaru host?
Dec 14, 2023 9:01 PM

Jun 2010
Yay, this is such good news! Really enjoyed the manga adaption. But this is such a bait-and-switch title. Starts with the most basic of ecchi premises and then the author goes: "Psyke! We doing diplomacy, politics and court intrigue now."
Dec 15, 2023 3:46 AM

May 2021
About time. Can't wait to watch this

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Dec 15, 2023 8:01 AM

May 2019
For some reason I never thought this manga/LN was all that popular and had no hope that it'd ever get an anime, but I'm glad to be wrong. Now we just need a Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu anime and all my anime prayers will have been answered.
Dec 16, 2023 1:27 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Asturaetus
Yay, this is such good news! Really enjoyed the manga adaption. But this is such a bait-and-switch title. Starts with the most basic of ecchi premises and then the author goes: "Psyke! We doing diplomacy, politics and court intrigue now."
@Asturaetus
I am more interested in the relationship development between the main protagonist and the main heroine, so can you spoil me and tell me if Zenjirou and Queen Aura will develope a genuine romantic relationship between them ?

Dec 16, 2023 1:46 PM

Jun 2010
Reply to Rimuru0001
@Asturaetus
I am more interested in the relationship development between the main protagonist and the main heroine, so can you spoil me and tell me if Zenjirou and Queen Aura will develope a genuine romantic relationship between them ?
@Rimuru0001
Dec 16, 2023 1:54 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Asturaetus
@Rimuru0001
@Asturaetus
Thanks for the reply , So ..

Dec 16, 2023 2:09 PM

Jun 2010
Reply to Rimuru0001
@Asturaetus
Thanks for the reply , So ..
@Rimuru0001
Dec 16, 2023 3:25 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Asturaetus
@Rimuru0001
@Asturaetus

Dec 16, 2023 5:26 PM

Jun 2010
Reply to Rimuru0001
@Asturaetus
@Rimuru0001
Dec 17, 2023 10:46 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Asturaetus
@Rimuru0001
@Asturaetus
Now that you told me more about it , I am more excited and can't wait to watch it .
Thank you friend .

Dec 18, 2023 8:26 AM
Apr 2013
Synopsis feels like. There definitely(?) has to be some kind of trap of plot twist. But I dunno

This LN is from 2011? Dang that's really long ago.
Jan 6, 8:27 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Rimuru0001
@Xmushroom
I need you to spoil something , will the Mc Zenjirou and Queen Aura develope a genuine romantic relationship between them ?
@Rimuru0001 Yes.
Jan 6, 8:38 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Xmushroom
@Xmushroom
Thanks , glad to know that indeed.

Jan 12, 6:42 AM
Jul 2014
Hope Aura is voiced by Hikasa Yoko! That is my only request! It just feels so fitting.

More topics from this board

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

23 by Washizo »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

17 by luffysenchou »»
2 hours ago

» 'Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 20

1 by gary598byers »»
3 hours ago

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

32 by subahokke »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by uncleqrow »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.