Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2023 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
Well if anything, this show has a lot of energy. The character desings looks kinda outdated but the character expressions are there.

Kaoru seems like an outspoken person but also somewhat of an airhead. There's also her character bubble thoughts that's probably going to be a recurring gag. She and Celestine has the most chemistry from this premiere imo. Hope she can build more relationships. The potions part felt...idk strange although I do like how Karou takes charge with her talent.

Jul 2017
Oh god, yet another Isekai reincarnation show...and yet again, this comes from author FUNA, which this is his/her 3rd anime adaptation series. How in the hell did he/she managed to secure all of the LNs made into anime?

Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! a.k.a Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! in Fall 2019...
Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu a.k.a Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement in Winter this year...
And now, the author's (HOPEFULLY) final work of Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! a.k.a I Shall Survive Using Potions! this season...
Going prolific, eh? Interestingly enough, this show's LN was written BEFORE Rougo 8-manmai being a month apart, so I can see similar vibes between both shows.

Instead of earning for her retirement, Kaoru Nagase was reincarnated no thanks to the God of Earth declaring the end of her life early, and the administrative goddess Celestine welcomes her with open arms. Despite being able to be blessed with cheat abilities, Kaoru wants a life of potion creation (with a bit of cunning skills) and blessed with an item box as she dives into the fantasy world called Verny at the age of 15. Of course, being granted potions, Kaoru can use them anytime, though reaching to a town is far as heck. Kaoru wanting to sell her potions to the hunters' guild, but this is not an establishment to do so. And especially with the doctor and pharmacist away, her lodging is saved by the receptionist just for the night to promote and hardsell potions to potential adventurers, which has some customers allowing in exchange for food.

But the call for the doctor or pharmacist to treat an injured adventurer on the brink of death, Kaoru takes charge and heals him with the potions she has. It's a miracle, but that caught the attention of Baron Renie, which through Rische dragging her to his place, she has to play it smart with negotiations. Even choosing her own maid servant through Hannah, then stealing her clothes to don on the regular maid outfit, she made her way out discreetly in her Item Box while they chase her down. And so, begins Kaoru's journey to creating potions in the fantasy world of Verny.

Out of FUNA's trifecta of works within the last 4 years, Nouryoku Isekai is the most interesting, and this show is the weakest of the trio. No wonder they put this at the backburner...
KANLen09Oct 14, 2023 9:18 AM

Dec 2021
Hmm, a Comedy-Isekai genre... That brings to mind KonoSuba. Is it on the same level though?

Kaoru Nagase, a office worker, experiences an unexpected reincarnation into an alternate realm. To aid her in navigating this unfamiliar world, a deity-like being grants Kaoru a youthful form and an astonishing talent - the power to create remarkably potent potions! With her newfound abilities, the reborn Kaoru must rely on her knowledge and ingenuity to forge her path to survival.

I love how this story opens up. Karou embraces the power to shape her own destiny, carefully considering the intricacies of the world's workings to determine her desires. With the ability to concoct any potion imaginable, the potential for granting extraordinary abilities, immortality, or even rejuvenation is boundless. The inclusion of the item box is a stroke of brilliance, addressing a multitude of challenges effortlessly. I'm curious if the potions she crafts will necessitate the acquisition of specific ingredients, or if they'll manifest magically.

It's an intriguing and exhilarating journey thus far.

Oct 7, 2023 11:44 AM

Nov 2016
The aesthetic is to my liking, more so than your average isekai for sure. The opening segment was already hilarious. Nevermind the heroine composure upon learing about her death, the farewell from her family and friends was something else.

Enjoyable start overall. I get some Ascendance of a Bookworm vibes and this has a lot in common with the authors other work that got animated this year. Kaoru is a crafty one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2023 12:16 PM

Jul 2008
The way she shamelessly robbed from the noble and ran away surely marked her first step towards the path of a villan. She will keep doing this, and shamelessly.... rofl

Also the last scene selling her off as a kind of "mystical princess deep in the forest, sleeping in a cut-out-of-reality illusion-like gorgeous bed" was something else.... rofl

I hope they can keep on the completely ridiculous scenes and behaviour of our MC, otherwise this show will be buried veeery deep into the generic isekai-cheat-like archives.

Oct 7, 2023 12:23 PM

Apr 2016
Not a good adaptation. They are leaving out lots of conversations, which kind of make the series that much more enjoyable. What a shame. Many scenes I was expecting and was looking forward to weren't included.
Oct 7, 2023 12:38 PM
Jul 2016
I read the manga adaptation of the light novel. I do think this is a pretty cute show tbh. But damn, FUNA (OG LN author) has three novels that were all adapted to manga and anime! What a prolific author lmao 🤣.

Unfortunately, this anime is probably going to go under the radar for most people. Especially with how much great anime is being aired this season.
Oct 7, 2023 12:59 PM
Jun 2020
This anime has more lies and manipulation than I could expect.
Oct 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Jul 2022
Aw yes, I've been waiting for this one and it's about as good as can be expected. Just lovely.
Oct 7, 2023 1:10 PM
Sep 2015
I've to say that the nicest thing about this anime is that God allow our heroine to say goodbye to her family, which is very rare among isekai stories.

Can't believe we have two anime about potion within the same season, and that's not all, we also have two rapping anime and two car racing anime within this season!
Oct 7, 2023 1:29 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to skyUFO
The way she shamelessly robbed from the noble and ran away surely marked her first step towards the path of a villan. She will keep doing this, and shamelessly.... rofl

Also the last scene selling her off as a kind of "mystical princess deep in the forest, sleeping in a cut-out-of-reality illusion-like gorgeous bed" was something else.... rofl

I hope they can keep on the completely ridiculous scenes and behaviour of our MC, otherwise this show will be buried veeery deep into the generic isekai-cheat-like archives.
@skyUFO I can confirm that it will carry on being comedic and ridiculous.
Oct 7, 2023 1:30 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to TasoM
Not a good adaptation. They are leaving out lots of conversations, which kind of make the series that much more enjoyable. What a shame. Many scenes I was expecting and was looking forward to weren't included.
@TasoM I get you, but at the same time I also get why. This is only ever going to get 1 cour, so they need to make the most of it storywise.
Oct 7, 2023 2:27 PM

Feb 2019
Any FUNA sensei work will get peeped by me! After roukin8 earlier in the year we are back with another really cute story.

I think Kaoru being allowed to say goodbye to her friends before being isekai’d is a first lol. It sucks that this was all caused by a mistake on the gods’ end but that was a nice thing to add.

Probably should’ve specified all HUMAN language before asking to get a translation skill lol. But I think that might still prove to be useful in the end.

Potions already coming in handy. Saving a young adventure’s life. Kaoru is definitely going to make a killing off of selling those once she gets established.

Already seeing a ton of similarities between Kaoru and Mitsuha from Roukin8. Both are business oriented and have a habit of finessing nobles. Kaoru sneaking out of the low ranked noble’s mansion had me dying. I love the ingenuity that the author gives to all of her characters.

Great first episode. Would love a collab between FUNA sensei’s works at some point!
Marinate1016Oct 7, 2023 2:59 PM
Oct 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Feb 2019
TasoM said:

These types of adaptations are basically ads for the LN so it’s not surprising at all. They’re focusing on the main selling point which is cute girls and magic.
Oct 7, 2023 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
The author really knows how to make comfy shows and it is nice how the female MCs are quite cunning.
Oct 7, 2023 3:41 PM

Feb 2008
Does no one notice that this girl are doing something similar as Saving 80k Gold anime ?

Hm. I think I am going to like this anime :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 7, 2023 3:46 PM
Mar 2022
Why are the female characters so big headed, I'm not a good fan of it
Oct 7, 2023 7:14 PM

Sep 2016
Another Funaslop. how did she get so many anime adaptation?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 7, 2023 7:14 PM

May 2015
Kaoru is already proving herself to be quite clever. With how much of a blank check her ability is, I'm very excited to see the ways she utilizes just what a potion is!
Oct 7, 2023 8:30 PM
Sep 2023
i absolutely loved saving 80,0000 gold for my retirement and didn't I say to make my abilities average in the next life... this seems like it'll be just as good! I'm looking forward to more :D
Oct 7, 2023 9:00 PM
Jun 2012
Holy fuck those birds speak.

Its the goddam Penguins of Madagascar over here.

With a female Kazuma to boot.

Yep... Kazuma.

Aqua...?

🤔

Definitely.
waldy713Oct 7, 2023 9:21 PM
Oct 7, 2023 9:02 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
The previous work "Saving 80,0000 gold" had a stronger start. This show is similar because it has the same creator. I read both. I do notice this lacks anime production quality compare to the previous anime work.
Oct 8, 2023 1:01 AM

Feb 2019
it's not a bad start. interesting world she ended up reincarnating in, and she isn't as innocent as she looks considering she was a full grown adult before she
Oct 8, 2023 4:07 AM

Jun 2013
Her family was weirdly okay with her death
Oct 8, 2023 5:23 AM
Jul 2022
maybe, because i read manga. so my expectation is too high.
Oct 8, 2023 5:26 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to TasoM
@TasoM :( i agree with you
Oct 8, 2023 2:08 PM
Dec 2021
Flawless, it has all the ingredients to be called an isekai.
Oct 8, 2023 5:53 PM
Feb 2018
great first episode as a light novel reader I approve the studio did a great job adapting the story
Oct 8, 2023 6:50 PM
Apr 2022
god provided her the time to say goodbyes to her family, that's kinda refreshing, decent start
Oct 9, 2023 3:14 AM

Oct 2007
I like the cute art style. And the potion skill is OP indeed. No mixing or gathering required.

good thing Kaoru escaped from that evil noble who only want to use her.

starting this show with a 6/10. Not bad at all.
Oct 9, 2023 4:40 AM
Mar 2012
funnier than expected.
generic character art, but decent animation, nice picturebook scenery. like how the world design is very non square, from that bed, tripod furniture to octogon sofas.
Earth god not reviving her and the blase family don't make sense but ok.
It escapes the generic isekai with quite a few oddities. Dream that lets Kaoru farewell people from her old world is a rare cool ability. Shows more earth time than usual isekais, almost so the introed cast feel like a waste.
Kaoru quite a morally questionable demanding schemer, bit like Mitsuha of 80k Gold.
Low magic medieval... doubt that makes it more interesting but maybe.
Celes is just Ruka still simping a clumsy guy.
lmao mc knocked a kid out just to perform a magical henshin.
Oct 9, 2023 7:53 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't get to see the former art style of the MC... unfortunately... 😒

It was still an enjoyable series.
CrazyButNot4UOct 9, 2023 7:57 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 9, 2023 1:21 PM

Feb 2011
I love how she straight up stole an entire room worth of stuff to escape. Lmao

A very fun show

Oct 9, 2023 4:35 PM

May 2019
Pretty good enjoyable first episode and this definitely has similar vibes with "Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement" being from the same author and all.

It's nice that Kaoru thought about her safety and survival when negotiating with the gods. Also, it was funny how she escaped from the Baron's place and took some items, good for her since she was essentially kidnapped.
Oct 9, 2023 8:34 PM

Oct 2022
Ok now that i think about. The ability to make a potion for anything you thought of, seems pretty damn broken. A potion that lets you fly for some minutes, a potion that makes you younger. Shit man she got a really nice ability lol.

Oct 10, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2023
Another Funa-sensei's funny isekai? I'll try.
Oct 10, 2023 4:01 PM

Jan 2008
Feels like really bumped up her loli levels.
Oct 11, 2023 12:22 AM

Jul 2019
I felt bad for the poor maid. She didn't look too confident to begin with. The noble felt like a prick so I couldn't care less.
Oct 11, 2023 1:56 AM
Apr 2022
They remove the funny scene from her family where she wants to spread their family genes to the isekai. Afterwards the family cried. I love that scene.
I kinda like the animation though.
Oct 11, 2023 6:58 AM
Jan 2023
Not bad, I'm glad they at least had a proper explanation for being reincarnated in another world. Oh and the bargaining with the gods part, that was rather funny, that whole god thing reminds me of KonoSuba.

The potions ability is pretty fun, don't really see that all too much. Oh and I do like the main character in this and some of the things she does, like changing her appearance into that of one of the maids, stealing everything in the room and running away.

I think I'm gonna quite like this show. What a busy autumn season, so many good shows.
Oct 11, 2023 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
i'm quite perplexed because of how Kaoru's family just accepted that she's gone forever and even announce it on a dream and they never cried at all like oh well good riddance to y'all oh my!! oh good lord...tsk tsk tsk...
3/5.

Oct 13, 2023 12:02 PM

May 2009
She looked like kid before even she was isekaied.
Oct 14, 2023 8:03 AM
Apr 2023
Can I call this 'Isekai Substance Abuse'? Kind of unique for an isekai premise.

Everything was actually adorably cute. Though the part near the end where she drugged a maid and stole some 'Quality of Life' items (and also left a drugged maid naked) was kind of hilariously morally grey. (They made it justifiable because she did against a corrupt noble).

Celestine also was cute. I'd recognize that 'Yahhalo' voice anywhere - Touyama Nao is such a darling.

Looking forward to more misadventures in this series.
Oct 15, 2023 2:15 AM
Jul 2021
Dropping this feminist power fantasy right away. Not even 5 minutes in and she's already the bestest evah! On everything! Per said MC family "dream" monologue. And also showing that females have zero accountabilities for anything they do/say.

She's super smart but also dumb asf!

And in under 9 minutes she becomes as strong as Goku ..... Or stronger .... She also demonstrates that females are never able to achieve anything in life without getting everything for free 'cause of their sex.

But did anyone expected anything else from the same author of "Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement" and also "Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!" ..... Another two feminist power fantasy trip animes.

Bro bye with this shitty anime. 2023 will go down in history as one of the worst years in anime lore/history.
DawizzOct 15, 2023 2:19 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 15, 2023 4:34 AM

Nov 2019
Haha, episode 1 and this MC has already blackmailed a god... no, two. Concocted and tried to sell unknown drugs. Did isekai delivery health service in exchange for food. Swindled a town lord. Abducted a maid. Stol-- er, commandeered expensive furniture.
What an accomplished villain.
Oct 15, 2023 7:07 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
I didn't get to see the former art style of the MC... unfortunately... 😒

It was still an enjoyable series.
@astralkill00 The art style is based on the LN illustrations and not the manga. All of the LN art work is a soft rounded chibi style unlike the manga.
Oct 15, 2023 7:50 AM

Jan 2021
Everything went so fast bro
Roxy

Oct 15, 2023 8:18 AM

Mar 2013
CommanderZx2 said:
@astralkill00 The art style is based on the LN illustrations and not the manga. All of the LN art work is a soft rounded chibi style unlike the manga.

I know, I guess, but I still prefer the manga... loud cry noises
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 15, 2023 6:46 PM
Jan 2021
That was one hell of an info dump right off the bat. I don't know how the LN was written but that's a pretty bad way to start. It's just too much and it's not necessary. I think by now we all understand how an isekai works, we don't need the play by play of the process, not for 10 minutes. But even beyond that this seems like a weaker version of Cheat Pharmacist and so far I didn't see any cute wolf girl to help matters so I shut it off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 16, 2023 11:45 AM

May 2015
I'm gonna really enjoy this. It gives the same vibes as Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Honestly ITEM BOX is more op than the potions skills

RaidenSteiner - Nov 18, 2023

2 by pxanime »»
Sep 3, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

39 by Abyhape »»
Jun 23, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

33 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

37 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

26 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.