Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2023 10:50 AM
Feb 2023
From the 3 PVs we've seen. The director, Silver Link adapting what are your general thoughts. I'll go first I think the only questionable think so far are the cgi dragons which need a little more polish. The action from the trailers looked pretty good and the character designs are on point. I don't think Silver Link is even a bad studio they just haven't had any popular action I.Ps from what I've seen besides Fate and Misfit of A Demon King academy. So apart from the cgi dragons this could be a good adaptation. What are your thoughts??
MaroMangas623Aug 31, 2023 11:05 AM
Aug 31, 2023 11:12 AM
Apr 2022
The compositing is a bit rough with all the haze and shit but for the most part it looks decent. Nothing particularly amazing though
Aug 31, 2023 11:19 AM
Jan 2022
from the trailers so it looks an it's going to be a banger
Aug 31, 2023 7:30 PM
Nov 2016
So let's see, trailer 1 was okay-ish but then again, it didn't show much, trailer 2 was a complete disappointment and I dislike it, trailer 3 is good but not amazing. The trailers are kind of generic but at least I enjoyed trailer 1 and trailer 3 somewhat.

I freaking love the manga of Ragna Crimson, it's really damn hype and the fights are amazing there, however, we should lower our standards on this anime, this could be decent at best but it won't have amazing animation like Demon Slayer or One Punch Man (S1) which is a shame but that's what we should expect from mid-ass studios like SILVER LINK.

The thing I really don't want to see in this anime are badly animated, badly directed shitty-looking episodes, that would really piss me off, if you want an idea of what I'm talking about here then picture an anime like Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity), in the 1st season we had decent looking, well directed episodes (episode 1-13), however, the Island Arc (episode 14 and up) are badly animated, badly directed shitty-looking episodes and those episodes ruined that anime for me, they look like those garbage filler episodes from Naruto, they are THAT SHITTY!, that's exactly the shit I don't want to see in Ragna Crimson since it will ruin it for me so I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't happen.
Aug 31, 2023 11:20 PM

Jan 2023
Haven't read the manga but the story looks interesting. CGI does need to be fleshed out a bit more but I'm definitely going to watch it
死人に口なし
Sep 1, 2023 2:12 AM
Feb 2023
xZabuzax said:
So let's see, trailer 1 was okay-ish but then again, it didn't show much, trailer 2 was a complete disappointment and I dislike it, trailer 3 is good but not amazing. The trailers are kind of generic but at least I enjoyed trailer 1 and trailer 3 somewhat.

I freaking love the manga of Ragna Crimson, it's really damn hype and the fights are amazing there, however, we should lower our standards on this anime, this could be decent at best but it won't have amazing animation like Demon Slayer or One Punch Man (S1) which is a shame but that's what we should expect from mid-ass studios like SILVER LINK.

The thing I really don't want to see in this anime are badly animated, badly directed shitty-looking episodes, that would really piss me off, if you want an idea of what I'm talking about here then picture an anime like Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity), in the 1st season we had decent looking, well directed episodes (episode 1-13), however, the Island Arc (episode 14 and up) are badly animated, badly directed shitty-looking episodes and those episodes ruined that anime for me, they look like those garbage filler episodes from Naruto, they are THAT SHITTY!, that's exactly the shit I don't want to see in Ragna Crimson since it will ruin it for me so I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't happen.

Tbh I think Trailer 3 was the best trailer and I really liked it. Silver Link is mid but they can do some pretty good action scenes even in their worse projects. They're some scenes in the manga that I'm curious how they'll adapt. At the very least it's not gonna be badly animated nor badly directed (same director as on of the fate series and storyboarded and episode directed an episode of jjk). There were also some shots in the trailer I really liked. it's not gonna be demon slayer level of animation quality but it'll most likely still be good. Also episode is 1 hr so they could be cooking something nice
Sep 1, 2023 2:26 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to MaroMangas623
xZabuzax said:

Tbh I think Trailer 3 was the best trailer and I really liked it. Silver Link is mid but they can do some pretty good action scenes even in their worse projects. They're some scenes in the manga that I'm curious how they'll adapt. At the very least it's not gonna be badly animated nor badly directed (same director as on of the fate series and storyboarded and episode directed an episode of jjk). There were also some shots in the trailer I really liked. it's not gonna be demon slayer level of animation quality but it'll most likely still be good. Also episode is 1 hr so they could be cooking something nice
@MaroMangas623 I really hope you're right about the studio and the director, I love the manga so damn much and I would hate to see a mid-anime adaptation. I don't like CGI that much in animes but I won't complain (yet...) about the CGI in the dragons since an anime can still be great with CGI, I love Chainsaw Man even with the weird-looking CGI when Denji transforms so I can forgive some weird-looking CGI dragons in Ragna Crimson too.

I just hope they don't drop the ball later on as Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity) did in episode 14 and up, that will seriously ruin the anime for me.
Sep 15, 2023 4:08 AM

Jul 2009
Another isekai. Next.
Sep 15, 2023 6:31 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to yurkin
Another isekai. Next.
@yurkin The hell are you talking about? Ragna Crimson is not Isekai, this has nothing to do with characters getting transported to another world or none of that shit.
Sep 26, 2023 12:07 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to yurkin
Another isekai. Next.
@yurkin it’s not Isekai.
Sep 28, 2023 10:31 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
It's SILVER LINK. The studio responsible for Misfit S2 delay while they are also airing Bofuri S2 (no problem here). The 2nd half of Misfit S2 was resumed in Summer 2023 when Masamune S2 and Lv1 Maou were airing.

I expect potential delay for Ragna Crimson which is airing along Tearmoon Empire this season. I gotta see who their producers are as well.
Sep 29, 2023 4:13 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Fuwa_san
It's SILVER LINK. The studio responsible for Misfit S2 delay while they are also airing Bofuri S2 (no problem here). The 2nd half of Misfit S2 was resumed in Summer 2023 when Masamune S2 and Lv1 Maou were airing.

I expect potential delay for Ragna Crimson which is airing along Tearmoon Empire this season. I gotta see who their producers are as well.
@xkazutox I hate when this happens but I'll be honest, if delaying Ragna Crimson means that the quality will improve then I'm up for it, I love the manga and I want this anime adaptation to live up to my standards so I rather have them release 12 episodes now, and then delay the remaining episodes with some bullshit Covid excuse and take a few more months polishing the episodes up, it sucks but if this will improve the quality then I rather have them do it.

I just don't want to see another Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity) happening here since it will piss me off, and by that I mean having a good 1st half (1-12) and a shitty 2nd half (13-24) just like it happened in that anime, that will completely ruin my enjoyment with this anime.
Sep 29, 2023 7:27 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to yurkin
Another isekai. Next.
@yurkin Do you even know what isekai is?

Sep 29, 2023 7:48 PM
Oct 2019
xZabuzax said:
@MaroMangas623 I really hope you're right about the studio and the director, I love the manga so damn much and I would hate to see a mid-anime adaptation. I don't like CGI that much in animes but I won't complain (yet...) about the CGI in the dragons since an anime can still be great with CGI, I love Chainsaw Man even with the weird-looking CGI when Denji transforms so I can forgive some weird-looking CGI dragons in Ragna Crimson too.

I just hope they don't drop the ball later on as Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity) did in episode 14 and up, that will seriously ruin the anime for me.

Bro when Denji transforms it's not in CGI..
The animators put the plans they worked on on Twitter saying that the goal was to make the movements realistic and heavy, because when transforming he loses a lot of blood and has chainsaws LMAO.
He is CGI WHEN he IS transformed, but when he TRANSFORMS it is not CGI.
And when it's in CGI it's really fluid and it moves very, very well.
Sep 29, 2023 8:12 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to JaysonNnN
xZabuzax said:

Bro when Denji transforms it's not in CGI..
The animators put the plans they worked on on Twitter saying that the goal was to make the movements realistic and heavy, because when transforming he loses a lot of blood and has chainsaws LMAO.
He is CGI WHEN he IS transformed, but when he TRANSFORMS it is not CGI.
And when it's in CGI it's really fluid and it moves very, very well.
@JaysonNnN Dude, I meant to say that Denji is in CGI when he's transformed into Chainsaw Man, my above comment should have been obvious in that regard, I don't even know how you missed that.

I do agree that the CGI movements are pretty decent so I'm not complaining in that regard either, it doesn't change the fact that I still find the CGI when he's transformed weird-looking, it's not the best thing out there but it's decent enough to get the job done.

I praise Chainsaw Man for the moments that have nothing to do with the action scenes anyway.
Sep 30, 2023 1:45 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to sagedevault
@yurkin Do you even know what isekai is?
@sagedevault I only skimmed through the PV, isekai or not, the fantasy setting is already a turn off for me
Sep 30, 2023 6:33 AM
Oct 2019
xZabuzax said:
@JaysonNnN Dude, I meant to say that Denji is in CGI when he's transformed into Chainsaw Man, my above comment should have been obvious in that regard, I don't even know how you missed that.

I do agree that the CGI movements are pretty decent so I'm not complaining in that regard either, it doesn't change the fact that I still find the CGI when he's transformed weird-looking, it's not the best thing out there but it's decent enough to get the job done.

I praise Chainsaw Man for the moments that have nothing to do with the action scenes anyway.

Fair.
I understand your point of view, this is not a criticism of the anime in general, I may have gotten carried away, sorry!
Oct 15, 2023 4:53 AM
Mar 2021
It was an interesting premise that got shafted by the braindead sexual ambiguity bullshit that seems to be forced into half of all anime nowadays, because God knows this story wouldn't have worked without it... FFS. I can't fathom if Japanese authors don't give a shit about the fact that this topic is heavily politicized in the west, or if they're a part of it in some way?
Also, the tonal shifts are jarring. 90% of the show is serious and gory, the rest is lame attempts at comic relief for kindergarteners.
A huge missed opportunity.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.