Risa92 said:
Definitely agree with the new Dororo and Neverland, especially S1. ^^
The 7 for S2 is ... generous haha

Yeah lol

Pretty sure it'd be lower if i read the manga first
Aug 20, 2023 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
Excellent choice.
The only one I don't know is Tokyo Revengers. I saw Digicat put a 10!
Is it this good ? Because I very rarely rate 10 myself only with what seems a true master piece like Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu or SNK.
Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one cannot live in a cradle forever.
Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Aug 20, 2023 3:07 PM

May 2021
The_Psychiatrist said:
Excellent choice.
The only one I don't know is Tokyo Revengers. I saw Digicat put a 10!
Is it this good ? Because I very rarely rate 10 myself only with what seems a true master piece like Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu or SNK.

Like i said in the review, animation is... not it's forte
But the story is so worth it

Not sure if it'll be a 10 for you, but judging by other anime you like i think there's a good chance you'll enjoy it :)
Sep 4, 2023 7:44 PM
Jan 2020
I loved the Kimetsu no Yaiba review, very clear and spot on.
I love the Tamagochi comment you wrote in your Tokyo Revenger review, and that whole sentence had me laughing; I was about to click on Funny. Still, it was informative and concise, and the Toman part is absolutely true; it is impossible not to like them all.

I remember watching HxH (1999) as a kid, and it was indeed awesome; yet, even though I haven´t watched the 2011 version, I feel the part of rushing through arcs may be because the first adaptation aired not so long after the manga, and that is why some episodes needed to be stretch. I am not complaining; it is just my idea.
Sep 5, 2023 2:35 AM

May 2021
Reply to Hazbyn
I loved the Kimetsu no Yaiba review, very clear and spot on.
I love the Tamagochi comment you wrote in your Tokyo Revenger review, and that whole sentence had me laughing; I was about to click on Funny. Still, it was informative and concise, and the Toman part is absolutely true; it is impossible not to like them all.

I remember watching HxH (1999) as a kid, and it was indeed awesome; yet, even though I haven´t watched the 2011 version, I feel the part of rushing through arcs may be because the first adaptation aired not so long after the manga, and that is why some episodes needed to be stretch. I am not complaining; it is just my idea.
@Hazbyn Thanks :3

KnY is one of the first reviews i wrote (before i even got on MAL) having no idea what i was doing, so i'm quite surprised by your comments πŸ˜‚

Many remakes have the same "problem" of rushing thru arcs that have already been adapted, FMAB and Hellsing Ultimate come to mind, maybe HxH 2011 is just more noticeble (least to me) cuz the re-make part goes on for longer (50+ eps HxH vs 10ish eps FMAB)
But yeah, also true HxH 1999 used some filler to keep up with the manga, but some of the filler eps are actually my favs, there's some nice character exploration moments
Sep 7, 2023 10:25 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to DigiCat
@Hazbyn Thanks :3

KnY is one of the first reviews i wrote (before i even got on MAL) having no idea what i was doing, so i'm quite surprised by your comments πŸ˜‚

Many remakes have the same "problem" of rushing thru arcs that have already been adapted, FMAB and Hellsing Ultimate come to mind, maybe HxH 2011 is just more noticeble (least to me) cuz the re-make part goes on for longer (50+ eps HxH vs 10ish eps FMAB)
But yeah, also true HxH 1999 used some filler to keep up with the manga, but some of the filler eps are actually my favs, there's some nice character exploration moments
@DigiCat You are welcome; I recently wrote a review for a manga I finished some days ago, and I´d like to share it here.

I like Kimetsu no Yaiba a lot; but let's be honest, what else is there to say? It used the trope of orphan MC trying to achieve a dream, nice and caring mentors, douchy superiors, MC being stronger than he thought, and humanizing villains. It was a cliche, but an enjoyable one.

That´s possible; I remember an episode from HxH 1999 about a girl trying to murder Killua because his family killed her father, and later I learned it was a filler episode. Moreover, that scene when the group destroyed the tunnel walls to arrive faster, was stretched; in the manga, it was stated they did it but was never shown.
Nevertheless, I understand you a lot; there are filler arcs in other anime, Inuyasha for instance, I enjoyed quite a lot. One Piece and Bleach also had some funny and interesting fillers that explored characters a bit more.
Sep 8, 2023 10:37 AM

May 2021
Reply to Hazbyn
@DigiCat You are welcome; I recently wrote a review for a manga I finished some days ago, and I´d like to share it here.

I like Kimetsu no Yaiba a lot; but let's be honest, what else is there to say? It used the trope of orphan MC trying to achieve a dream, nice and caring mentors, douchy superiors, MC being stronger than he thought, and humanizing villains. It was a cliche, but an enjoyable one.

That´s possible; I remember an episode from HxH 1999 about a girl trying to murder Killua because his family killed her father, and later I learned it was a filler episode. Moreover, that scene when the group destroyed the tunnel walls to arrive faster, was stretched; in the manga, it was stated they did it but was never shown.
Nevertheless, I understand you a lot; there are filler arcs in other anime, Inuyasha for instance, I enjoyed quite a lot. One Piece and Bleach also had some funny and interesting fillers that explored characters a bit more.
@Hazbyn Yes share all the reviews you want :)

KnY is definitely full of tropes, but i think it utilizes them really well, also i'm a bit of a sucker for some of them :P
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» DigiCat's Live Action reviews (MyDramaList)

DigiCat - May 26

0 by DigiCat »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

» DigiCat's Haikyuu!! reviews

DigiCat - Jan 14

0 by DigiCat »»
Jan 14, 12:57 PM

» DigiCat's Shoujo & Magical Girl reviews

DigiCat - Dec 3, 2022

2 by DigiCat »»
Jul 20, 2023 12:34 AM

» DigiCat's Not Recommended reviews

DigiCat - Nov 22, 2022

11 by whiteflame55 »»
Jul 19, 2023 7:34 PM

» your review on rent a girlfriend?

Euphorian_ - Jun 17, 2023

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 17, 2023 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.