Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 29, 2023 12:11 PM
Sep 2016
Silent-Shadow05 said:
uncleqrow said:
So is this why 7 instead of just 6? Is Andrews the 7th?

I mean every story needs some characters like that right, a complete a$$hole who turn themselves around and suddenly became everyone's best dude/girl by the mid of the series. Is Andrew's going to be having such dev in the future?
The spellblades are OP magical spells and don't refer to the characters. They said as much in EP3.

Now that you mentioned it, it does says "Maken" (magic blade/spellblade) instead of "Makenjitsushi" (spellblade practitioners/master) in the title. Alright, I get it now.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 29, 2023 12:46 PM

Jan 2023
(Warning, meandering stream of consciousness post)

Everyone has a lot of praise for this show, and I have to ask, am I watching a different show than everyone else? I genuinely feel like I am missing something - and I don’t mean that in a disrespectful tone, I’m just trying to reconcile my feeling with the general positive sentiment this is receiving. (I have not read the LN.)

I think the bed has been supremely shit in terms of introducing newcomers to this setting by basically having every character very comfortable with the setting, and the one character who could reasonably be the stand in for the viewer who is unfamiliar with the setting, Nanao, seems to instead have an almost neurodivergent amount of being ok with nothing around her making sense. She’s not even technically a mage before she comes to Kimberly right? So basically every single part of this world should be novel for her. It would be a good opportunity for us, the viewer, to experience it alongside her. Instead, she’s basically not fazed by anything.

It’s definitely going to get some eye rolls, but think about Harry Potter book/movie 1. Harry has no goddamn clue what magic is. He has to learn from 0 what magic and the wizarding world is, which is a convenient time for the viewer to learn alongside him. We learn about the world when he first comes to Hogwarts and through the classes and experiences he has there.

Spellblades has had starts and flashes of that, but I feel like I’m jumping into something at like book 2 or 3 here.

Oliver says that they’re not strong enough to fight the Garuda, but why? What’s to say there’s not a kill spell that even a baby could use? Does the magic in this world take a person’s innate energy, and they don’t have enough yet, or are properly trained to harness it? Are they not studied enough in the magic available to them in a fight? Does this creature have powerful magical resistances?

I’m sure there’s a very reasonable in-universe explanation, but at this point as a viewer I don’t have that information, so as an uninformed moron I don’t know why they couldn’t just point a wand and kill the creature.

I’ve kind of rambled here, but these are just some of my gripes with the show. I just feel like I’m missing something, like there’s vital info to the plot or setting that I’m not aware of as a viewer. I only take the time to write this much just because I feel like there IS something good under the surface here, and everyone else seems to be having a good time.

Maybe I’m just dumb.
Jul 29, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2022
Kuroimi said:
-Saphiran- said:
Disagree. Man basically wrote "I like it therefor it is anime of the season" and then complained about the score of the show.  And where is mockery? If something like "What do you see in this show that made you Say "Anime Of the season"? is consider mockery then... someone's ego is far too fragile.

He did say "Surely you jest", and proceed to basically say "the only good thing is the opening, why do you even like this?", for me it's a form (albeit small) of mockery
No real argument that people of this site oh so like to ask for, especially when Marinate already said why he liked it
He could've argue by saying why he didn't think the anime was that good, or compare with other shows this season, but he didn't

Or what, you can't even say one show is good because no one else like it now?
Yes he didn't say "Anime of the Season for me" but only "Anime of the Season", but almost everyone does that, and the other way around too ("this show is trash" but no "for me", you just have to look this thread)
But he didn't ask "why do you like this". He specifically asked about "anime of the season" statement. And if you look at Marinate's original post, there is nothing there that provides that explanation. He wrote what he liked about THIS episode and just slapped anime of the season at the end without any context. It is a legitimate question to ask when someone makes that claim. And the answer he got was "just gonna mute you". Do you think that his question warranted that answer? I don't.

If you're gonna argue that from the beginning, starting with  "Surely you jest" user has been disrespectful, I will disagree with you. To me, if anyone was disrespectful it was Marinate with that "mute" reply. He could've argue why he thinks that this is anime of the season, but he didn't. He just shut him up. That to me is pompousness. 
Jul 29, 2023 1:35 PM
Jul 2019
10110 said:

Everyone has a lot of praise for this show, and I have to ask, am I watching a different show than everyone else? I genuinely feel like I am missing something - and I don’t mean that in a disrespectful tone, I’m just trying to reconcile my feeling with the general positive sentiment this is receiving. (I have not read the LN.)

I think the bed has been supremely shit in terms of introducing newcomers to this setting by basically having every character very comfortable with the setting, and the one character who could reasonably be the stand in for the viewer who is unfamiliar with the setting, Nanao, seems to instead have an almost neurodivergent amount of being ok with nothing around her making sense. She’s not even technically a mage before she comes to Kimberly right? So basically every single part of this world should be novel for her. It would be a good opportunity for us, the viewer, to experience it alongside her. Instead, she’s basically not fazed by anything.

It’s definitely going to get some eye rolls, but think about Harry Potter book/movie 1. Harry has no goddamn clue what magic is. He has to learn from 0 what magic and the wizarding world is, which is a convenient time for the viewer to learn alongside him. We learn about the world when he first comes to Hogwarts and through the classes and experiences he has there.

Spellblades has had starts and flashes of that, but I feel like I’m jumping into something at like book 2 or 3 here.

Oliver says that they’re not strong enough to fight the Garuda, but why? What’s to say there’s not a kill spell that even a baby could use? Does the magic in this world take a person’s innate energy, and they don’t have enough yet, or are properly trained to harness it? Are they not studied enough in the magic available to them in a fight? Does this creature have powerful magical resistances?

I’m sure there’s a very reasonable in-universe explanation, but at this point as a viewer I don’t have that information, so as an uninformed moron I don’t know why they couldn’t just point a wand and kill the creature.

I’ve kind of rambled here, but these are just some of my gripes with the show. I just feel like I’m missing something, like there’s vital info to the plot or setting that I’m not aware of as a viewer. I only take the time to write this much just because I feel like there IS something good under the surface here, and everyone else seems to be having a good time.

Maybe I’m just dumb.
All I know from asking a few LN readers is that the reason why Oliver is the MC and not Nanao will soon make sense once the show gets to the final section of Volume 1. After that the main plot of this series would be clear. The first volume supposedly also meanders a bit until it gets to the point at the end so it can be a surprise. They refused to tell me more because it'd ruin the surprise for me.

About the Garuda, I saw some source reader comments and they said its a Divine-level beast and it was quite nerfed but still excessively strong. If it was at full power, no one could've beaten it. The reason why people were struggling to defeat it was because they lack mana output, skill, spell knowledge and battle experience. Almost every student in the arena was first and second years. If it were, let's say fourth or fifth years, it wouldn't be a fight. Alvin Godfrey (the president) would just easily defeat without breaking a sweat. All of these are information I saw on different threads so I dunno how much of it is correct.

I guess an issue is that the show is probably cutting a lot of stuff the LN had.
Jul 29, 2023 2:06 PM
Apr 2023
I got goosebumps while watching the episode. The sword x claw clashes sound really good
Jul 29, 2023 2:14 PM
Apr 2023
I got goosebumps while watching the episode. The sword x claw clashes sound really good
FiveOVER said:
The fight scene was absolutely sublime. Putting aside the animation itself, the angles and framing they used was so effective at portraying the menacing, imposing figure that was the garuda. That look in its eyes is all you need to know that its going to frick things up.

And man that sound design. The amazing sound design was already apparent during the Nanao Oliver duel. That same sound design is used here to great effect. Every spell cast, every strike, every clash, every impact can be felt keenly thanks to the booming sound effects that really sells the gravity of the fight. I feel jittery just from that alone.

And then there's the animation itself. The animation conveys the impacts in tandem with the sound. Combined with great use of camera angles. And you have me reeling in tension throughout the fight.
It was worth holding back the budget in the Salvadori & Rivermoore fight just for this. Bravo JC Staff

Hearing those sounds on my WH-1000XM3 is just epic.
Jul 29, 2023 2:27 PM
May 2021
Gonna drop this show. showed promise and animation is good, but all the characters are so flat drives me nuts. Same with the world - it's a lot going on but nothing makes much sense.
Jul 29, 2023 2:44 PM

Jan 2023
Silent-Shadow05 said:
10110 said:

Maybe I’m just dumb.
All I know from asking a few LN readers is that the reason why Oliver is the MC and not Nanao will soon make sense once the show gets to the final section of Volume 1. After that the main plot of this series would be clear. The first volume supposedly also meanders a bit until it gets to the point at the end so it can be a surprise. They refused to tell me more because it'd ruin the surprise for me.

About the Garuda, I saw some source reader comments and they said its a Divine-level beast and it was quite nerfed but still excessively strong. If it was at full power, no one could've beaten it. The reason why people were struggling to defeat it was because they lack mana output, skill, spell knowledge and battle experience. Almost every student in the arena was first and second years. If it were, let's say fourth or fifth years, it wouldn't be a fight. Alvin Godfrey (the president) would just easily defeat without breaking a sweat. All of these are information I saw on different threads so I dunno how much of it is correct.

I guess an issue is that the show is probably cutting a lot of stuff the LN had.

All good points. I guess I just end up feeling like this adaption is just all fluff for the LN fans.. which is fine! Just having never read the LN I feel like I’m out of step with the plot.
Jul 29, 2023 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
10110 said:

Maybe I’m just dumb.

You do not need go through eyes of a greenhorn to understand anything about Spellblades setting, the story itself explains world-building through Oliver or other characters. You just not bothering to pay attention to it. For example What are Sword Arts? Spellblades? What is Kimberly academy? What are relationship between demi-humans and mages? etc These are questions the story implicit asks and then explains, establishes their importance.

To be frank your problem asking questions about to things in show is not asking itself because they are unnecessary. Why isn't Oliver and other first years not strong enough to fight the Garuda? Can not use your eyes and see? Does the bird power level number next to its name to explain the strength difference that visual story telling aren't? Why are you even asking if he has something specific like an easy to use instant kill spell? Why does needing know about magic energy reactions matter to understand a fight? Especially when purely Japanese shounen trope that even HP doesn't use? In fact why do you even need know how many spells Oliver knows and has to gauge strength of enemy he's fighting instead taking his word for it? How does this make a fight exciting outside your preferential bias that every character be a detailed wikipedia before doing anything?

Basically what does any of this matter? Good world-building explains what needs to explain to serve its narrative, not itself. I don't need a super specific detailed analysis of why something is happening as long the characters and storytelling is explaining them at all. Oliver notes the Garuda too strong for them, the show proceeds to show this by having everyone get wrecked by it regardless of what they do. Even Nanao struggles against it and Oliver get seriously injured. He doesn't use the instant kill spell you asking because doesn't exist, that in itself an explanation. Your over-complicating things that are easily told through characters dialogue and actions they take or don't take. You don't need to much more than that to discuss and understand what is happening.

That also goes for lead up to greater plot all these events forming as we follow these likable characters in their journey to become proper mages for their own personal reasons and how their relationships at the academy influences those goals. That were enjoyment is found. There is no need to force things just have all the answers right way. That said yes but source does explain more like any adaptation does but you don't need to read it gasp what happening if simply just pay attention to the dialogues and monologues.
Iron_MawJul 30, 2023 12:14 AM
Jul 29, 2023 5:15 PM
Aug 2020
I was surprised tosday, i really enjoyed this one but how the bad guy became a hero because he helped???

he was responsible of all the mess, i don't get it

it's not a nakama!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 29, 2023 5:38 PM
Jan 2022
And that was episode!

I wasn't expecting a really bloody episode for that show so I'm very suprised right now. I just love how this anime just showed that this school can be really dangerous and that we had a opportunity to see why so many students don't maged to end their education.

The fighting scenes maybe weren't amazing, but they animated this with a really nice dinamic.

The litte redemption arc that mr. Andrews just had was good. The writers tells us in elier episode about problems that he has with his inseciurity and I appreciate that we were aible to see that it wasn't just a empty words and that the pressure about his honor and family name have impact on his behaviour.

Poor Katie beeing bulled :(( I hope that after this incidents something will change, I'm kinda delulu that students will stop beeing mean to her, but maybe Katie will be able to defend herself.

Also I'm kinda curious who was that perosn at the end of episode. They propably are responsible for this creature that just slayed/harmed students, but who are they? And why that person did it?

Damn I really hope that won't ruin the potential that it have.
Jul 29, 2023 7:20 PM
Jun 2017
NewestPersonHere said:
Hashira_1996 said:

So this is still volume 1 ?
As of end of episode 4, it is around 70% into Volume 1~

The series is very long due to how successful it is within Japan.
I have only read 8 volumes and they are still in the middle of third year.

No wonder why they are still introducing us with characters, magic system, academy, and this episode they shed a light on the colosseum and different type of beasts, well i know they are two only. I was rooting for magician red his name is
Jul 29, 2023 7:44 PM
May 2023
like icl, the writing is awful imo, its so cringe and cheesy with all the attempts to be heroic and righteous. I love the music and the animation but the plot and story is horrendous, and every week I just have this huge grin on my face watching it , not from enjoyment but from the foul story.

anyways can't wait for next week so I can feel like clawing my insides out again
Jul 29, 2023 7:45 PM

Oct 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
Hashira_1996 said:

So this is still volume 1 ?

How successful this series is in Japan?

Usually, I just use twitter followers and yt views to see their popularity, and this one is on the level of dozens forgettable isekai coming out each season.
Jul 29, 2023 8:52 PM

Mar 2010
EdgyLord666 said:
NewestPersonHere said:

Usually, I just use twitter followers and yt views to see their popularity, and this one is on the level of dozens forgettable isekai coming out each season.
The first vol several awards including this Light IS Amazing. Yes there are plenty obvious differences between Spellblades other generic LN magic academy you have seen, from number of important characters to overall handling of the story (even gendered cast, no OP MC instantly beating everyone, no harem, just love triangle, solid focus on race social politics, transforming academy,  virtually no fanservice, harsh teaching that risks the students lives etc) and that only basics in the first book. It also surprising twists awesome fights and interesting discussions about specific magic aspects a little down the line. 

No this does not make most original written work in mankind about magic academy and doesn't need to be great. For that matter almost none popular shows airing right or ranking high on MAL score super original either. They notable because of execution of their stories overtime and Spellblades is the same.
Iron_MawJul 30, 2023 12:26 AM
Jul 29, 2023 9:05 PM

Mar 2010
Hashira_1996 said:
NewestPersonHere said:

No wonder why they are still introducing us with characters, magic system, academy, and this episode they shed a light on the colosseum and different type of beasts, well i know they are two only. I was rooting for magician red his name is
There are actually 12 volumes in total in Japan right now, which is why its funny to me some people are acting as Spellblades is just some short fantasy story that should be forgotten and not serial work like Jujutsu Kaisen. Every book has its own unqiue central conflict like vol 1 but they are also part greater conflict ties everything together. I can't get into much detail due to spoilers, but it is helluva ride with a lot cool characters and good critique of the society the kids live that forces these problems and tragedies on them. You will be learning new and interesting about the setting overtime in every arc.
Jul 29, 2023 10:26 PM
Sep 2020
I find that the animation/art is a lot better in this ep, I'm really impresed, it's getting pretty damn gooodddd, and the hogwards vibes are subtle. Also, the op is very nice as well. Perfecto
Jul 29, 2023 11:32 PM

Mar 2008
Id say this was a pretty good episode if it weren't for the fact that Nanao and Oliver just stood there too long while people were being attacked and only acted once that asshat Richard was about to be attacked which seemed a little weird. I understand some hesitancy from the surprise but only acting as soon as it was him nothing before? Not even an attempt?

Very nicely animated though.
Jul 29, 2023 11:56 PM

Oct 2015
EdgyLord666 said:
NewestPersonHere said:

This LN title won no1 in Kono Light Novel Ga Sugoi 2020 (even higher than COTE).

It currently has 12 volumes out in Japan. If series don’t do well, the author/publisher will drop the series.

Not sure about its sales number, Dengeki Bunko tends to not show the sales number of their books.

Dengeki Bunko uses Nanao as mascot a few times, alongside Lena from 86.

Here is the link if you are interested: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/7-maken/
Jul 30, 2023 12:21 AM

Mar 2010
traed said:
Id say this was a pretty good episode if it weren't for the fact that Nanao and Oliver just stood there too long while people were being attacked and only acted once that asshat Richard was about to be attacked which seemed a little weird. I understand some hesitancy from the surprise but only acting as soon as it was him nothing before? Not even an attempt?

None of the people getting attacked early on where within they reach. Andrews actually had to run towards Nanao for her incept the Garuda. Plus Garuda was focusing the 2nd years (students in green uniform) who were incharge of running the venue and had better ability to defend themselves while Oliver and Nanao assessing the situation instead of blindly running to it. I'm actually glad she show some restraint here, that's good little bit of growth compared to how often she tends to jump in to things without thinking first. She up against that monster can one-shot upperclassmen one grade above her afterall.
Jul 30, 2023 1:28 AM

Mar 2008
Iron_Maw said:
traed said:

None of the people getting attacked early on where within they reach. Andrews actually had to run towards Nanao for her incept the Garuda. Plus Garuda was focusing the 2nd years (students in green uniform) who were incharge of running the venue and had better ability to defend themselves while Oliver and Nanao assessing the situation instead of blindly running to it. I'm actually glad she show some restraint here, that's good little bit of growth compared to how often she tends to jump in to things without thinking first. She up against that monster can one-shot upperclassmen one grade above her afterall.

I get what you're saying but still it felt kind of odd and not really shown there was assessing going on just gawking.
Jul 30, 2023 4:00 AM

Oct 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
EdgyLord666 said:

This LN title won no1 in Kono Light Novel Ga Sugoi 2020 (even higher than COTE).

It currently has 12 volumes out in Japan. If series don’t do well, the author/publisher will drop the series.

Not sure about its sales number, Dengeki Bunko tends to not show the sales number of their books.

Here is the link if you are interested: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/7-maken/
It has like 300k sales with 8 volumes, that is indeed on the level of forgettable isekai each season.
Jul 30, 2023 4:23 AM

Jan 2019
That fight with the Garuda was sick, even if everything else is falling flat for me, I think I'm gonna stick around just for that.

Jul 30, 2023 8:09 AM
Jun 2017
Iron_Maw said:
Hashira_1996 said:

There are actually 12 volumes in total in Japan right now, which is why its funny to me some people are acting as Spellblades is just some short fantasy story that should be forgotten and not serial work like Jujutsu Kaisen. Every book has its own unqiue central conflict like vol 1 but they are also part greater conflict ties everything together. I can't get into much detail due to spoilers, but it is helluva ride with a lot cool characters and good critique of the society the kids live that forces these problems and tragedies on them. You will be learning new and interesting about the setting overtime in every arc.

I’m liking it so far and i’m enjoying the characters mostly: Oliver and Nanao
Jul 30, 2023 8:09 AM

Oct 2015
EdgyLord666 said:
NewestPersonHere said:

It has like 300k sales with 8 volumes, that is indeed on the level of forgettable isekai each season.
I think the numbers are from Oricon, which does not include digital and overseas sales~
The LN will be dropped if the sales are really that low, like Isekai Maou or Altina.

I remember Seven Spellblades sales being above average but not as high as COTE nor the shogi one (I don't remember that LN title).
Well, Cheat Skill In Another World reached 2m sales despite the story being generic. >_>
Jul 30, 2023 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
This was a "I have no enemies" episode, and I loved it!
Jul 30, 2023 1:13 PM

Oct 2008
why does this episode feels like it has been directed by a different director!?!?...it feels AWESOME!!!
5/5!

Jul 30, 2023 3:48 PM

Oct 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
EdgyLord666 said:
I think the numbers are from Oricon, which does not include digital and overseas sales~
The LN will be dropped if the sales are really that low, like Isekai Maou or Altina.

I remember Seven Spellblades sales being above average but not as high as COTE nor the shogi one (I don't remember that LN title).
Well, Cheat Skill In Another World reached 2m sales despite the story being generic. >_>
300k is not that low, Bisco has around 200k and Isekai Assassin 300k, and Bisco still got s2, but yes, it's probably Oricon, I just see it on MAL tho. Even with digital & overseas, it'll hardly double it, this series is not that popular overseas, and Japanese love to collect books.

Indeed, even the forgettable isekai has sales that high. I'm not saying high sales = good series, I'm just curious as to why you said " how successful it is within Japan".
EdgyLord666Aug 1, 2023 4:47 AM
Jul 30, 2023 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
I don't think its a good idea to compare the light novel sales of a series that has already got an anime adaptation vs one that has not experienced the boost from the anime adaptation. The anime sales boost is pretty significant. You can come back and compare the sales numbers after the anime finished airing.

I don't think we can claim whether the series is popular or not overseas without proper sales numbers. 
Jul 30, 2023 7:58 PM
Mar 2008
The production values are good but I'm really not feeling this series even 4 episodes in.

I was surprised to learn this is from the author of Alderamin on The Sky which I thought was fantastic, so the hollow feel of the world building and characters is surprising to me.
I keep hearing there's some great twist or other so I guess I'll keep watching to see if it turns around when that happens because right now it's feeling very mediocre story, world and character wise for me.  I don't even care if some people think it's derivative either, I'm happy to follow something that isn't all that original as long as it's well done, but this doesn't seem like it is so far :/
Jul 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Mar 2010
Hashira_1996 said:
Iron_Maw said:

I’m liking it so far and i’m enjoying the characters mostly: Oliver and Nanao
Glad to hear it! You will be a real treat in couple of episodes. :)
Jul 31, 2023 12:06 AM
Nov 2020
Thought this was the best episode so far. Nice fight scene and its good to set up stakes.
Jul 31, 2023 12:13 AM

Oct 2020
At first I was going to grumble at the amount of story leftover in chapter 2 that they were skipping over as it was some world building stuff and answering a mystery from episode 1, but the second half of this episode absolutely delivered so all is forgiven. I get it, too, after three episodes with some minor heart pounding action but was mostly talking sessions, upping the stakes and ramping the violence is the more logical choice.

So I’ve not yet read this part of book one so I’m in unknown territory. Regardless of that, the fight of Nanao, Oliver, and Richard Andrews vs that garuda was absolutely spectacular. Kudos to J. C. Staff, that was intense, well paced, well voice acted, and the music was spot on, not to mention violent. That thing was terrifying to watch in action and the way it served as an extension to Katie Aalto’s civic rights for magical creatures attitude is certainly a great contrast. Nanao able to go all out, Oliver trying to use his wits was great to see in the fight but watching Mr. Andrews’ part was real nice. A great way to humble the character after how rude of a person he was til this point.
zdeisterreviewsJul 31, 2023 12:20 AM
Jul 31, 2023 7:37 AM

Oct 2015
EdgyLord666 said:
NewestPersonHere said:

300k is not that low, Bisco has around 200k and Isekai Assassin 300k, and Bisco still got s2, but yes, it's probably Oricon, I just see it on MAL tho. Even with digital & overseas, it'll hardly double it, this series is not that popular overseas, and Japanese love to collect books.

Indeed, even the forgettable isekai has sales that high. I'm not saying high sales = good series, I'm just curious as to why you said " how successful it is within Japan. They even axed the manga adaptation.
Seven Spellblades has low sales outside Japan is due to lack of anime promotion. Most of us picked it up from Alderamin Vol 14 Afterword.

There is no evidence of low digital sales in Japan because Dengeki Bunko does not publish sales numbers.
There are cases where physical sales are higher than physical sales such as Angel Next Door, Roshidere, etc. There are also cases where digital sales are higher than physical sales such as Apothecary Diaries, Ascendence Of Bookworm. I got all these data by comparing publisher sales numbers and Oricon.

For Seven Spellblades, I have no idea on the actual sales numbers. In Dengeki Bunko, it needs to be successful enough to have double digits of volumes. A lot of LNs have gotten cut in Dengeki Bunko.
Kawahara has already dropped multiple titles in Dengeki Bunko. He recently published another game LN in Dengeki Bunko. LOL

I don't know if the manga adaptation is dropped. I saw the latest manga volume being released in June.
NewestPersonHereJul 31, 2023 7:40 AM
Jul 31, 2023 12:46 PM
Feb 2021
was a better episode overall but with a bit of cliché elements . the animation was really good the opening sequence is really good,
Jul 31, 2023 2:48 PM
Jun 2023
i shoulda watched this sooner but i put it off cuz i thought it was gonn be lame
Jul 31, 2023 9:17 PM

Oct 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
EdgyLord666 said:

Indeed, even the forgettable isekai has sales that high. I'm not saying high sales = good series, I'm just curious as to why you said " how successful it is within Japan. They even axed the manga adaptation.
Seven Spellblades has low sales outside Japan is due to lack of anime promotion. Most of us picked it up from Alderamin Vol 14 Afterword.

There is no evidence of low digital sales in Japan because Dengeki Bunko does not publish sales numbers.
There are cases where physical sales are higher than physical sales such as Angel Next Door, Roshidere, etc. There are also cases where digital sales are higher than physical sales such as Apothecary Diaries, Ascendence Of Bookworm. I got all these data by comparing publisher sales numbers and Oricon.

For Seven Spellblades, I have no idea on the actual sales numbers. In Dengeki Bunko, it needs to be successful enough to have double digits of volumes. A lot of LNs have gotten cut in Dengeki Bunko.
Kawahara has already dropped multiple titles in Dengeki Bunko. He recently published another game LN in Dengeki Bunko. LOL
True, as long as we don't know the actual sales, all of these guesses are pointless.

You're right, it seems like I just mistook it with a bit longer release of volume 6.
Aug 1, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2022

I am not a big fan of magic school type settings so I only picked up this LN because it was written by the author of Alderamin.
Aug 1, 2023 4:43 PM

Nov 2009
I support the Monsters killing those human bastards thinking anything that isn't human should be slaves and toys.

Too bad the supposedly good guys had to protect the shitty human bastards and help kill the Monster that was standing up for the other monsters.

(Garuda literally wrote and the MC read "how does it feel to be the prey")

Human Bastard: "how can you still fight?" "aren't you scared"

Really?... this dude that abuse Monsters are now afraid of Monsters fighting back? LUL.... Human Bastards.

(this is similar to the words real life bastards used when the African Slavery is rising up against their masters)

Yea... at this point, it looks like they're not going to do shit with helping the monsters, helping Humans comes first as always.

Which is ironic, as they're showing the "good guys" getting a disgusted expression when they see the Monsters being hurt, but the "good guys" also have no issue with killing Monsters like it's a natural thing to do.

Literally the only one that is truly trying to help the monsters is Katie... LOL (except she's being targeted by Human Bastards since she can't really fight back).
amlgAug 1, 2023 4:55 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 3, 2023 9:41 AM

Dec 2011
Honestly, I don't like this show.

I don't get why the main characters act so close when they barely know each other, why is everyone except the main characters are so one-dimensional, but most importantly, I hate how "too nice" Oliver is.

We know that he can has outburst when protecting Katie from verbal abuse but why he isn't getting angry to Andrews when he does stupid thing and being a coward?

I'll probably know why in future episode but really, such simple but important characteristic like that should be explained from early on. Especially considering the show is trying to make him important by having a hidden assistant.

Dropped.
Aug 3, 2023 12:07 PM
Jul 2010
I can't stand this show anymore. It had promise till Oliver repeatedly exhibits self-righteousness over his peers. He held back the chad from confronting the bullies, yet his first action was to resort to violence. Then remains standing there like a useless brick when Nanao lashed out at the audience for enjoying animal torture. Katie wouldn't be the subject of bullying, it'd be Oliver as if he'd have any friends left.

Then of course they animate every bully bring brutally mogged until the plot armored villain. At this point, it crossed off enough irritations that I've had enough.

The show has the illusion of something different and mystical, but in reality, it copies character and plot tropes older than boomers. Dropped.
Aug 11, 2023 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
The animation in this episode really impressed me. The Garuda slaughtering the random fodder was entertaining. It feels like the casualty rate should be higher than 20%

Hopefully after this episode Andrews will be a little more likeable as a character.
Aug 12, 2023 4:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
First episode that really got me excited, loved the camerawork in the Garuda fight, Nanao is seriously strong. 

Andrews being the helping hand that turned the tide was great, too. 

Aug 13, 2023 4:50 PM
Jan 2023
Blimey, wasn't expecting the detention to be locking the kids up in a medieval dungeon. That's a new one...

The fight against the giant bird was awesome, best scene so far in this show. J.C.Staff animated that one beautifully.

I should ask though, who approved an oversized deadly bird to be kept in the school, that seems a little risky.
Aug 15, 2023 4:50 PM

Sep 2017
Well I gotta say the fight sequence was actually rly well done. Some really cool camera work there for some sweet shots. Still don't like any of the main cast. Our dumbass bully Andrew had a surprisingly vulnerable moment there so he might be shooting at a bit as an actual decent character. Bunch of the dumbass background trash got cleaned up by the monster tho it is debatable how many actually died.
Aug 18, 2023 1:40 AM
May 2023
I can see how this is becoming a consistently good by how they use the action sequences like that. Jc Staff starting serious with adaptation?
Aug 19, 2023 10:25 AM
Jan 2019
bullshit like the entire anime
Aug 22, 2023 10:03 PM

Oct 2022
Wow that was such a great episode.. epic, best one of the season by far.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Aug 26, 2023 7:23 AM
Mar 2012
cool blade sharpening
Oliver & Nanao gave an insane fight there, and animating 2d feathery birdman at that quality is peak madness.
Andrews regained a speck of respect
really no one tending the doors, no teachers?
Aug 30, 2023 7:55 PM

Aug 2019
I think I'm done with this show :/

I already didn't like it from episode one, but I wanted to give it a shot at least but yeah no I think I'm done. This episode seriously dragged on at least to me, and man the characters just suck
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.