Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 13, 2021 1:48 AM
May 2020
Literally the first episode had Renge saying Se-no

Anyway I discovered this anime on 2020 and watched the entire serie in a week

One of my favourite anime all time
Jan 13, 2021 2:26 AM

Nov 2015
Nyanpasu to 2021!

I've about worn out NNB watching the first two seasons. An episode or two is the perfect antidote after a rough day.

Of course, this time, it's been an abomination of an entire year. And once again, the first notes of Renge's recorder make it all melt away. Non Non Biyori is like hot chocolate after coming in from a freezing cold day.

Nothing has changed--nor should it. The art and scenery are breathtaking, they look like you could step right into the screen. Akane is a great new character, and I hope a recurring one. Renge is--well, Renge, and what more needs to be said than that? The tape dolls for Kazuho were hilarious.

I could watch ten seasons of this and it would never get old.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Jan 13, 2021 4:17 AM
Sep 2017
Can already tell this is gonna be the worst season thanks to the new annoying high school girl. Woulda been fine if she was just in this 1 episode, but she's in the preview for the next one too.
Jan 13, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2020
Man I'm glad NNB is finally back, I forgot how much I loved the relaxing country vibes. As always the environmental art is super beautiful (and rivals Yuru Camp's) and the OP and ED were great too. The tape doll bit had me dying. Hope Aka-chan is a recurring character, I thought she was really cute but I'm always a huge fan of shy characters. 2021 is really promising so far for slice of life!

Nyanpasu!
Jan 13, 2021 4:33 PM

Jan 2019
It's good to see this show back for another season.

It's also good to have extra torso in case someone damages the first one.
Jan 14, 2021 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't really liked the first part with toothpick dolls, felt really weird and not funny and too dragged to be enjoyable.

But the second part with frog and flute was pretty great, and the new shy girl was also nice addition (honestly though, Konomi's voice sounded more like their mother's rather than 16yo girl.. I know Shintani Ryouko is already over 40 but she could probably change her voice a little).

Also, I certainly know I would like to be called Aka-chan either :D (that thing was lost in translation)
But she still has red hair, so.. :_))
Jan 15, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2016
It's winter and I'm melting, instant 10/10 as always

see u guys in next ep stay comfy
Jan 16, 2021 3:09 AM

Feb 2020
Nyanpasu.

I missed this show. It's great to have it back. :)

Those toothpick dolls looked creepy, hehe.

Akane is a nice addition to the show. I like her character.

"I heard cows make more milk when you play relaxing music for them." -Renge

SerafosJan 25, 10:10 PM
Jan 16, 2021 5:33 AM
Jan 2010
don't tell me it's gonna be the last season
Jan 16, 2021 12:33 PM

Jun 2019
Same old, same old. I quite enjoyed this episode and the new girl looks like she will be a good addition to the character roster.
Jan 16, 2021 3:59 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This series gets better with every episode, I like the addition of akane and hope she meets more of the main 4 characters.
Jan 18, 2021 4:45 AM

Jan 2011
Ah, you know it's NNB when it makes me smile.
Jan 22, 2021 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
Renge just melts my heart bro.

That scene with the frog had me in stitches, looks like this is going to be another comfy season of NNB!
Jan 23, 2021 4:24 AM

Sep 2018
Nyanpasu!!

Episode that begins in the best way and I'll explain why: the narration in the first few minutes reveals the tranquility and calm, one of the characteristics, which makes the vision of this anime pleasant and later shows us the figure of Renge who plays his flute, a test that silences the anxiety that could arise in the soul or in the mind of those who after so many years could imagine a distortion of this anime series. The narration, however, is not only effective in the first part, but also later with nice situations but also very funny and very relaxing. The final part makes you appreciate the new Akane character and also what happens, the last minutes are so beautiful and full of positivity. More than good drawings and animations, in some really good moments. Backgrounds and close-ups that have been able to steal my heart. OST catchy, as well as the opening and the ending. Very Renge centric episode that describes the figure of him quite well under various aspects.
Jan 23, 2021 2:40 PM

Jun 2016
In the midst of pandemic, the girls never fail to make me feel safe and happy. So happy they’re back. I missed Renge tons.

NYANPASU!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 24, 2021 3:40 PM

Mar 2009
Range carries this series so hard.

I've yet to watch the movie and OVAs. Maybe one day.
Feb 7, 2021 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
Can't believe its been five years since the 2nd season began. It took that long to have a 3rd season but I'm happy that we see the girls once again.

Never thought I would laugh a lot at this episode. The new girl Akane, is cute. its heartwarming they play the flute together.

Last season was gochiusa 3rd season was a delight and now a 3rd season another SoL for this season is even more.

looking forward to more comfy countryside anime once again.
Feb 13, 2021 8:08 AM

Apr 2016
Finally one of my fav slice of life anime is back. Actually forget that the anime is airing right now. Man I miss nyanpasu so much. Im glad that they still use nano.ripe song as the opening still.
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 21, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2015
Yes!!!! they are back, how I like this series. I really like the introduction just with beatiful images and sounds from the contryside. Oh man this series it's great, even more when I watch it after lunch, really a relaxing experience.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Mar 19, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
For some reason I found this slightly more downbeat and arty compared to the NNB I remember.

Or it's just first episode things.

Extremely good either way.
Mar 29, 2021 12:28 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, a bit late starting this out today as its already finished. But, well, better late than never, right?

Nyanpasu is back! Unfortunately its just only said once.

The wacky attribute of their daily play back in action again, ellegantly. Its a toothpick dolls now. Creepy, but surely adorable enough as how its made with hearts by them, including the unspeakable onii-chan xd.

The last featured with Konomi-nee kohai and her lack of confidence with stranger, surely great enough to depict more of Renge individual development. As great as that frog songs instrumentalized by them, this part unevitably bring back the memories how lovely the nnb is.

Solid start.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 11, 2021 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Nyanpasu!
Glad to have another season of one of my favorite anime. Bit of a letdown that it's still the same year. I know it doesn't change much, but some small progression would have been nice to see, with everyone moving up a year, especially cause that would have meant the brother having to leave for high school, and perhaps making some character development out of that.
The order of events kind of go all over the place at this point, with how the first season introduced Konomi to Hotaru during fall, but the vacation had them already knowing each other, and this one seems to go for an even earlier meeting during spring. But that's fine.
Still, I'm just glad to have more NNB to soothe my soul. The new girl was cute, and I loved that toad scene. I wonder if she will appear more.
May 6, 2021 7:19 AM

Aug 2018
Oh great a new girl join the gang! Idk why but somehow the scene when Akane just arrived in bus station with her circle white eyes and completely alone in the middle of nowhere was hilarious xD
Nyanpasu~ \('-'
ApakabarMay 6, 2021 7:25 AM
Aug 6, 2021 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
Nice quiet morning.. I like when they are like this, when you don't have to hurry somewhere.. Probably a bit cold, but only a bit.. And you can hear nature clearly..
Yeah, real life frogs are kind of.. Yeah.. They aren't fluffy as our pets or something.. They're also fast as fuck sometimes, so can startle with that as well..
Encounter with frog might have helped, hm?.. Interesting..
Well.. Partially in fearing others - you fear of showing some kind of bad image of yourself.. At least it's partially might be so in Akane's case.. So being near Renge, who's not really into maintaining social image, or whatever, and being openly unusual - also might have helped, I imagine.. If person near is being not all reserved and proper.. You can worry about such things less as well..
Very enjoyable first episode.. ;P
Aug 11, 2021 1:58 AM
Aug 2021
It was peaceful
And this is my first comment In myanimelist
God dammit
Time is killing me 🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖
Mar 16, 2022 1:11 PM

Mar 2019
The development at the beginning for Renge and that cow, lol. Seems like there's a new character which I don't know how much I like but that means more Konomi so I won't complain! Nice first episode.

I have to say, I like the other 2 openings and endigs way more than these ones, but these are still nice.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 20, 2022 12:21 AM

Sep 2018
That walking the toad scene was legit one of the funniest things I've seen in anime lol

Great start, though unsurprising, Non Non Biyori is a great series.
Jul 9, 2022 8:32 PM
Aug 2021
The visuals looks even better than the previous seasons. Amazing start of a series.
Dec 21, 2022 11:49 AM

Aug 2019
yay more flute renge so cute. kazuho waking up with all the creepy dolls around her was funny :D

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2023 1:47 PM

Aug 2020
New season is off to a good start. 
Feb 8, 2023 5:39 AM

Apr 2013
Aaaaah, finally another season of my favroite soothing anime again. Ren-chon never fails to make me smile and we even get a new shy girl who seems quite friendly as well. Looking forward to more episodes already.
Jul 16, 2023 11:01 PM
Aug 2021
renge the goat as always
Jul 8, 10:19 AM

Jul 2023
Non non biyori never fails to drop best relaxing episode and repeat is no different. It peak chilling as ever

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

133 by UserBlank010101 »»
Aug 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

63 by Puncheon »»
Jul 29, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

82 by nirererin »»
Jul 11, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

65 by nirererin »»
Jul 10, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2021

81 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 21, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.